Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Just kidding... do whatever you want. Post about yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I drool with an iron fist.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

milkingmycow posted:

I drool with an iron fist.

u drool bcuz of an iron fist

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gnarlyhotep posted:

I remember before Franco was a mod, like 4 or 5 years ago, he was a funny as hell guy

he was even irreverent, and the mods probated him (kinda like me)

but something happened during that time when he was a mod

something evil

I remember this

I also noticed signs of this in your posts, but you seem to have retired on time

Modding does a bad thing to your brain :ohdear: be careful betamaxs

Ralp is ofc beyond all help, that gently caress

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Don Tacorleone posted:

I remember this

I also noticed signs of this in your posts, but you seem to have retired on time

Modding does a bad thing to your brain :ohdear: be careful betamaxs

Ralp is ofc beyond all help, that gently caress

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Ralp does what they feel is best for us, their children, they care- but like any Father they have to have a firm hand in punishing people who discuss or laugh at things they don't like seeing discussed or laughed at.

They care though. It's done out of love. We simply must be good, obedient children and all will be well.

Ralp Cares.

What I will remember most about them was their avatar. "Every man thinks of changing the forums, but no man thinks of changing himself." No man indeed, Ralp. No man indeed.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 26, 2016

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

The Snark posted:

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Ralp does what they feel is best for us, their children, they care- but like any Father they have to have a firm hand in punishing people who discuss or laugh at things they don't like seeing discussed or laughed at.

They care though. It's done out of love. We simply must be good, obedient children and all will be well.

Ralp Cares.

Ralp is like a father if your father carried a brief case full of shredded newspaper around the house and violently jerked his body back and forth while lecturing you on how to use spread sheets.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Ralp is like a father if your father didn't own a set of screw drivers, or a vehicle, and didn't drink

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Fluo posted:

Na its just pretty rich you of all people to rip into Franco when you were worse

You are loving insane.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

Ok so what do you guys think should be done about posters wishing "death threats" on each other? It's something thats been getting reported lately. Things like people saying "Oh ok well then I think you should kill yourself" etc? Normally I think, whatever.... but its been bothering some people so I dunno...what do you other mods think?

Just ban Efftronica and cut the forum death threats in half.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Helical Nightmares posted:

Just ban Efftronica and cut the forum death threats in half.

make it perma

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

make it perma

Sure.

If Lowtax wants a fundraiser he could offer to perma Franco "Here are some suggestions on how to mod I need to send you via Steam."

Franco you are making Something Sensitive look really good right now.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
After all this time Effectronica doesn't have a new schtick? Bloody hell. Ban them for that.

Otherwise wishing death on someone just speaks ill of the wisher and generally has about as much effect on the wishee as wishing them a lottery win or a blowjob from the person of their dreams. Why should anyone care?

If your day is ruined by someone making mean-spirited futile wishes, you should probably ask yourself why you are upset over their impotence.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I don't think Effectronica posts in GBS

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

whoflungpoop posted:

IQ tests ask questions which require pattern recognition and logic and not ones which require deeply uncomfortable introspection about why the test taker's existence is so devoid of genuine socialization and fulfillment that he clings to a group of mocking, derisive strangers for the semblance of interaction

They also don't talk exclusively about how god isn't real and why Richard Dawkins is the best and how for some reason I can't drop this ever because it's so important that I let everyone know what a bunch of IDIOTS they are, so naturally I don't test well so even though I am as smart as Einstein I don't have the piece of paper to prove it, and it slowly eats away at my soul, causing me to double down on my beliefs.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Fun fact: I have never seen a successful practicing engineer, postdoc or academic science professor or military officer brag about a mensa membership.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Fun fact: I have never seen a successful practicing engineer, postdoc or academic science professor or military officer brag about a mensa membership.

lol it's cuz they ain't smart enough to get one chump

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

let that sink in drat

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Isaac Asimov and Buckminster Fuller were members, but I think Mensa members who have made useful contributions to society are the exception, rather than the rule. Most of the names on Wikipedia's "list of notable mensa members" are pretty lackluster.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

social vegan posted:

let that sink in drat

:negative:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Isaac Asimov and Buckminster Fuller were members, but I think Mensa members who have made useful contributions to society are the exception, rather than the rule. Most of the names on Wikipedia's "list of notable mensa members" are pretty lackluster.

How could you not name Asia Carrera as a luminary? Her contributions are world renound sir :colbert:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

How could you not name Asia Carrera as a luminary? Her contributions are world renound sir :colbert:

Oh of course... How could I forget her many inventions! Too numerous to list here, of course.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Oh of course... How could I forget her many inventions! Too numerous to list here, of course.

60 plus entries in her filmography. :sun:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

it's more of a social club than an honors society :)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's more of a social club than an honors society :)

Yeah we worked that out for ourselves.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's more of a circle jerk than an honors society :)

ftfy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Applewhite posted:

Yeah we worked that out for ourselves.

yet people grow turgid with rage trying to fall over each over for the sickest burn on the dumbest thing, iterating on nothing

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spanish Manlove posted:

yet people grow turgid with rage trying to fall over each over for the sickest burn on the dumbest thing, iterating on nothing

You should post some quotes from the Mensa forums to show us the high level of discourse we're missing out on down here in the slums.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Why is everyone reffering to reddit as the mensa forums???

sout
Apr 24, 2014

mensa rights activists itt

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Applewhite posted:

You should post some quotes from the Mensa forums to show us the high level of discourse we're missing out on down here in the slums.

Sounds like a good thread idea to me Applewhite

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Mensa Forums>Main>General Discourse>The Secret to Free Energy

Alcibiades posted:

I think you'll find an adjustment to the quantum flux field ratio is in order, old bean.

Socrates Junior posted:

Indubitably, old chap

Spock posted:

A logical solution indeed.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sow hat do u guys wanna do now?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spanish Manlove posted:

ahahahaha you talked to me on steam and insisted I talked to you on mumble, so I did and answered some questions about modding but you obviously were too drunk to remember the one thing I told you: the posters suck and you could do a huge thing by dissuading the bad, hateful people from posting. But instead you did the opposite and coddled them, causing what you see now: where joy is gone and a misanthropic group of dorks run the show.

So I would report things to help, and you ignored them, so I just reported things to spite you and hoped that someone would do something, so ralp had to step in and take care of it for you. Then you started having slapfights with ralp because he would mod GBS for you and you got butthurt about that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

We know you have this massive void you need to fill with attention.

Its simply that you are not funny and really loving creepy in general, specifically in the "girl goons" threads.

Edit: oh thank god thank you starwars betamax.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

Wanna get a mcchicken and some coffee and blow eachother on the moon?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

social vegan posted:

i'm shrugging really hard, going to keep it up for a couple hours

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

You know what I don't think is cool? Mensa. It's a good thing there are no Mensa members around to contradict me!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Franco

Seriously think you should take some time off the ole gbs forums and maybe relax, you honestly sound angry

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Digital Fingers posted:

i'm shrugging really hard, going to keep it up for a couple hours

same but nodding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You know, I think that men and women are pretty much treated equally by society the way things are right now. We don't really need to change what works, riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

• Locked thread