Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
lol at the guy who said $18k was his life savings and retirement and his girlfriend that took that in exchange for a $6k loan and the goon that calls them partners

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I think serrath wants to get in Doctor lady's pants but got frozen out by a bitcoin guy

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Alan Smithee posted:

i hope she takes his red pill rear end to the cleaners

I'm p sure there is nothing to clean out on either side except maybe browser history

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Novo posted:

it's an append-only database and you only need to download the whole thing if you want to verify it. the "trust" (ability to verify the proof of work) is what's distributed

thing is, u could offload all of the work to a central authority (or CA) and then have intermediate authorities under the CA that have the ability to sign for issuing authorities that have the ability to sign for individual entities which could be people, web sites, code or transactions.

and wow if u sub central for certificate then u have a model that maybe works? of course no real PKI has ever claimed to be a currency, but they are capable of verifying transactions.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
and :agreed: with the lol at "Bitcoin isn't fiat" argument. If Bitcoin is money, it absolutely is fiat.

but it isn't money, it is a commodity

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
there's at least one company that tries to sell blockchain tech as a zero knowledge encryption / signing solution to very large companies. that conf call was amazing, also I was polite to them but they never got the RFP

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Serak posted:

Can you even imagine being the hospital IT employee tasked with having to to explain things to/run decisions by/get approval from hospital management to source $17,000 of bitcoin

My vision of hell

you really think the hospital it guys sourced the bitcoins and paid the guy

lol

they should all be fired by now honestly l

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
satoshi sighed as he slit open his electric bill

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
whatever happened to that dude that was gonna use bitcoins to learn guitar and become a rock star also world peace and the cops were after him or something.

he still around?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

LordSaturn posted:

that's dank

he lives in a storage unit now

lol ty for this it let me find his posts

quote:

View Profile

Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th
July 13, 2012, 12:05:42 AM

Hello, everyone, my name is Dank and I'm here to prove my worthiness as an investment. I have a dream, a dream unfolding before my eyes, guiding me through life and I'm here to ask for the financial support needed to make my dream a reality.

By the end of this year, 2012, I believe I will be a highly known guitarist/musician. This time frame may seem unrealistically short, for I have only started playing electric guitar towards the end of August, but recent realizations have led me to believe this is possible. Humans have been evolving exponentially for some time now, with advances in technology and communication lessening the time needed for the same amount of change to occur. Logically, following this pattern, there will come a time when more change happens in an hour than has happened in the last millennium. Through meditation, connecting to a higher consciousness within, and communicating these ideas, I've had the epiphany that 2012 is a real event. It's not the end of the world and it's nothing to fear, the changes occurring through 2012 are completely spiritual. Humans are waking up from the illusion of our man-made society, our awareness is increasing and we are once again discovering the true spiritual nature of our universe and self. This burst of love gleaming through the world will manifest globally, this year, and with the increased self awareness and worldly consciousness (through communication/technology), it will stay among us. The truth can be found within one's self, and when the truth is found, it spreads like wildfire. More and more individuals are realizing, the only thing needed to be truly happy, is to act out of love. By the end of this year, we will reach a critical point where love is rampantly understood and sought upon, where more humans become in tune with our consciousness and leave behind their egos, along with the negativity associated with ego, such as greed, disease, war, power and fear. This power of love is what will give me the ability to effectively play guitar, from the soul, this year.

I'm no more special than anyone else, many others know these things and more learn everyday. Our ancestors knew these times would come, and you do to. Your consciousness, our consciousness, knows everything, it's up to you to tap into it and find out for yourself.

I'm calling upon individuals to help support me as I, and others, share this message of love among mankind. I would like to organize a music festival, larger than woodstock, by the end of the year, and believe it is possible, with the conscious, united effort of humanity.

I'm looking for people interested in helping with the music festival. What we're looking for:

✓ 1000 Acres land
✓ Stage equipment
✓ Audio equipment
✓ Audio technician
✓ Lighting equipment
✓ Lighting technician
✓ Contractor (build bathrooms)
✓ Electrician
✓ Lots of fireworks + pyro Smiley

Optionally, we will also set up some carnival type rides if we could get a volunteer for them.

Of course, we could have more than one of each volunteering position and anyone that just wants to volunteer to help, can.

Help be a part of history by taking the end of the year off of work and working together, as one, to form the biggest music festival ever.

Updated guitar samples will be posted periodically: http://soundcloud.com/dankm

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Darth123123 posted:

Amex has this poo poo on lock. We pay for that.

I always assume it's because I have the delta Amex so they know when I fly somewhere for work or when we go on a dive trip but it is ridiculous how it always works for me and even the fraudulent one in Barbados like a day after we left triggered all kinds of alerts

they have this poo poo nailed

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Edminster posted:

atlas moved to canada and became an immortal

bruce tried to get Occupy Wall Street people to shower in his apartment and then dropped off the grid for a while, but briefly resurged by trying to get everybody to use a gay hookup app in order to facilitate face-to-face bitcoin transactions

:eyepop:
:vince:

my reactions to the updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

max4me posted:

That caliconnect moron who trade marked his silkroad name got busted from modesto of all loving places.

I would like to think that he had connections to pot growers, but it totally possible he just had a Medical Pot card and went to a pot shop to fill orders.

I live in the central valley and their are loving green cross shops everywhere hell i have a cousin who basically sleeps in one, he says its a bunch of gangbangers trying to go legit.

I can also say this you get these growers and gently caress everyone one is growing. The first step is to hot tap the power to your house to steal electricity. New homes that dont have a over head drop from the pole ( a weather head) but instead have conduct from the ground. Seems the conduct is plastic so put on some line man gloves and take some nylon rope and a few hours of rubbing you can tap into the power.

Now with all those lights your are gonna need some cooling, so most growers get a mini split system.

I had a system put in my workshop and they install thought I was gonna grow pot hence the weird conversation about how they do this poo poo.

The current big thing is THC extract or wax/shatter If you see a bunch of butane bottles in a dumpster that is what they were making. I saw apartment building a few blocks from me burn down because the assholes was doing that poo poo inside and turned on his loving garbage disposal.

:confused:

• Locked thread