Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

the black husserl posted:

goons have been talking poo poo about bitcoin for years but it just keeps getting more valuable and legit. please explain.

up uP UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

revmoo posted:

lol you guys remember when the Dogecoin redditors sponsored a nascar driver? That was hilarious

lol they have an All-Star race and there's a fan vote to put in another driver who didn't otherwise qualify

redditors got Josh Wise in over Danica Patrick, one guy voted 80,000 times or some poo poo

watch idiots explain butts

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the one thing I don't get is these guys hedge that bitcoin will rise when the global economic system collapses

do they not understand that when things like that happen your bigger problem is keeping the power grid running and the streets free of riots..... like how do they expect to get their butts out of a box with no power or internet

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

cubesats

I wish I was kidding

lol

Cowboy Pope posted:

Okay so a fiat currency is one that only has value by some decree, right? So chickens are not fiat because chickens have some inherent use to them, a dollar is fiat because its worth a dollar because someone said so. I think I get it so far.

Assuming I've got that right, why the gently caress are people saying bitcoins don't count as fiat? I don't see the value being any less made up because a bunch of nerds said it exists versus a government saying it exists, a lot less so if anything. This is a real question

supply and demand

beanie babies were the protobutt

• Locked thread