Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Bitchcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Wait your telling me to earn a bitcoin all you have to do is solve a math problem. I thought there were like a set amount of coins in the world and people were just trading those.

loving. How. What.

what's 290+153?

if you solved it you may mouse over the spoiler - DO NOT MOUSE OVER THE SPOILER IF U DIDNT SOLVE

here is 1 bitcoin i hope u enjoy your bitcoin :)

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Couldn't the processing power be used for productive work? Like those @Home distributed computing networks that fold proteins or process astronomical observations, or whatever?
Presumably it's been thought of and discarded for some reason, but I'd be curious to know why.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Syd Midnight posted:

Sometimes there are things that could be done, but aren't, not because they are impossible or unknown, but because they aren't very good ideas. Bitcoin is like money except worse in every way except for committing crime.

But wouldn't cash be superior for crime because of its untracability after it's in circulation? Seems like it's only viable for autistic smackheads with social anxiety and libertarians who want to roleplay as captains of industry with monopoly money

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

KnifeWrench posted:

"Remember the 10,000 bitcoin pizza? That'll never happen to me, because I will never spend mine under any circumstances."

I just went and looked this up since I had heard about it before but didn't know the details and.....

quote:

Bought on 22nd May 2010 by Laszlo Hanyecz, the programmer paid a fellow Bitcoin Talk forum user 10,000 BTC for two Papa John’s pizzas.

Even this transaction wasn't really done in butts apparently, just some dde buying another dude a pizza in exchange for butts, but nevertheless:

quote:

Now widely recognised as the first real-world transaction with bitcoin, May 22nd has come to celebrate 'Bitcoin Pizza Day', with cryptocurrency enthusiasts raising a slice to Hanyecz’s infamous hunger pangs that paved the way for early merchant adoption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Dabir posted:

did anyone say shitcoin yet

Haha omg

• Locked thread