Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I love bitcoin.

It's so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

KEEP CALM AND BITCOIN ON

bottom of the barrel posted:

I wrote my first computer code when I was 8 years young. Mathematics is the language I speak and trust. Enter the emerging idea of Bitcoin. I discovered this exciting open source technology in 2010. Together with my business partner, Valery Nebesny, we realized this new way of processing and transferring assets could actually make our world a better and fairer place for people everywhere — in developed and developing countries — all through the use of math, cryptography and thoughtful programming language based on the fundamental value of trust. Fast forward 5+ years, and the world of Bitcoin has advanced beyond our wildest expectations and continues to be a dynamic innovative ecosystem that is evolving every day.

[...]

I believe in Bitcoin. I believe in the Blockchain. I know that the vast potential is just being realized. We wish Mr. Hearn all the best as he commences his work with our friends at R3CEV. It is important that we respect various input but simultaneously resist the temptation to give Mr. Hearn’s voice too much weight.

Bitcoin is not an instant payment network and not a fancy replacement for PayPal or Visa. It is first and foremost a decentralized system, which sacrifices speed in favor of security. A key feature provided by decentralization is permissionless entry for users and developers — and it is thanks to this component that Bitcoin has grown into much more than a currency and has become a platform for Blockchain innovations.

Most importantly, Bitcoin is a new world created for anyone — especially for someone like me — who didn’t grow up in a world where “trusted emissary” was a reality and the idea of “asset security” was something other people in other parts of the world enjoyed.

I believe in Bitcoin because I believe in democracy and I believe in open societies. And as Winston Churchill once said: “Democracy is the worst form of Government, except for all the others.” Open source projects are not perfect, but they unite the best and most innovative thinkers, and I am honored to be a part of this mission.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Pictured: very simple method of exchange.

Note the pants-less pervert central to the bitcoin transaction process

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

thathonkey posted:

yeah they are funny as poo poo especially the people that think they're good

Remember that time when bitcoin, a technologically sound project, toppled entire government regimes?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I posted in fyad once.

It went about as well as you might expect but you don't see me pouting over it. Also looking back it was actually kinda funny.

Anyway, this'll probably lead to some good bitcoiner tears and/or a deeper fracture over them

https://twitter.com/AaronvanW/status/690120783281156097

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I don't understand why people would order dubious research chemicals to smoke/snort.

What the hell are you expecting? :psyduck:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

im stealing this from yospos since its our self rational interest to laugh at libertarians

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:frogsiren: it begins: Bitcoin Classic released :frogsiren:

So begins the persecution once more.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

revmoo posted:

Can we please mock the idiot bitcoiners delusion that BTC is going to take over the world without trying to feel smug about how bad the design is?

I mean, cash doesn't scale either, that's why banks and credit card companies exist. The actual concept behind Bitcoin is incredibly novel and groundbreaking, even if the entire ecosystem surrounding it isn't.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I own 1 BTC that I'm waiting for the NWO to cash in

I hope you didn't actually touch the poop.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Wulfolme posted:

Bitcoin was certainly much more viscerally amusing back when it meant someone was building a monstrosity in their garage that the layperson would call a fire hazard. Now, we have to glean our chuckles from the abstract concept that everyone involved is doing something stupid that will cost them every penny they've spent, like reading a news story about gambling addictions. No one has gotten brain damage from their investment in cloud mining.

:sigh:

Just wait for the halvening where bitcoin will hold one hand on its mouth and the other will cup its rear end and see which one fills up faster.

• Locked thread