Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Professor Shark posted:

I liked the silver kid

Johnnie Walker. One of my favorite exchanges was when one of the buyers of a silver ingot he made complained about it looking like a piece of poo poo. Around the same time, Johnnie Walker posted videos of his process, involving melting silver containing junk in a crucible on his porch with a handheld torch, eyeballing the purity by tossing bits and pieces in, and leaving scorch marks all over his landlord's patio. He would then beat the resulting mass with a hammer on his concrete basement floor, and go at it with a power drill to sand it and manage to sand himself as much as the silver. After seeing his videos, the buyer simply posted that he now understood why his silver looked like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SumYungGui posted:

Also failing to understand how purity worked. Going from memory but I'm pretty sure something along the lines of 'All I need to do to make 99.999999 silver is keep adding this silver I have here and the purity will get to where it needs to be' came out of his mouth during his YouTube heroics.

Yup, and he also said he made the ingots a little over-weight in order to make up for any discrepancy. As far as I can tell, he completely disappeared not long after. His landlord probably kicked him out for scorching up the place, which his landlord had apparently complained about, and he ended up out on his rear end without two nickles to rub together.

• Locked thread