Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
was the guy that wanted to buy a proxima and set up a movie theater where people could watch whatever they want with like a double gonzo snack bar a bitcoiner? I seem to remember reading about it in another bitcoin thread and I wonder how his plans of "playing all the rescue rangers shows in the theater and disney won't care because they don't do it themselves" are panning out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
thank you, and thank you for the atlas tip

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Syd Midnight posted:

I know what you're referring to, I can't remember whether it was a TCC goon or (more likely) someone from Bluelight but I wish I could find it again. IIRC he ordered some designer chemical because he thought the structural formula looked like it ought to get you high or something. As far as he knew, it had never been tested on humans (or any other animal). He shared it with his girlfriend, it gave them a buzz and shut down all the oil glands in their skin. They turned scaly, all their hair fell out, and their palms and heels cracked open. They started to recover after a week or so but his girlfriend was pretty upset because what little hair grew back was patchy and white.

jesus loving christ, like, I love (extremely complex chemical compound used by heavy industrial firm A ) to get high, like heroin is cool for babies I guess

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I swear to god I read every BitCoin thead that I see on the forums, and I still just don't even understand how it's supposed to make more sense as a currency than literally almost anything.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I mean, it makes me feel stupid though. Generally I can kind of intuit my mind around concepts that are difficult, like time dilation or relativity and all that poo poo, but bc completely befuddles me. It's weird. Guess I better invest!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It all makes sense now I'm going to be rich

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Carmant posted:

ITT: A bunch of retarded goons struggling to comprehend one of the most staggering scientific/technological achievements in decades.

Please then, break it down for me, your lordship.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I can do that right now, with cash, legally

but I guess I cant immediately recall the transaction and keep my money, also low risk of stabbing i guess.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It's kind of sad that bitcoin has become such a chinese warehouse full of processors sort of endeavor now. I really miss reading these threads when people were giving themselves heat strokes in their apartments :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
“buy bitcoin while cheap, like right now, trust me.”

I mean he makes a good point

• Locked thread