Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
regarding this doctor story.

I bet the dude has a big dick.

Also I bet his plan is to pay back the loan with money to get back the coins as they will just go up and up. so in his mind rather than sell 6K worth of coins now and then pay 12 K to get them back later. He can have the money pay it back and then get the profit from his coins.

I miss atlas he was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so what is the state of those alt coins?

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EorayMel posted:

Remember that time when bitcoin, a technologically sound project, toppled entire government regimes?

remember they planned to put the block chain in space?

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The old Bitcoin threads were fun to read cause I learned all about neat stuff like the ASIC and 3 phases post were always funny.

Wasnt there a chinese group that beat butterfly labs to the punch but gave up shortly there after?

Also wasnt there some kinda usb minner that people were plugging into like 50 plus usb hubs that were made in china and a basic firerisk?

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I was remembering the old Bitcoin threads, Altas and Dank. They really made it something.

It was amazing watching how they went through like 300 years of finical theory in a like a years time.

If you keep your gold in your house people will steal it.

If you pool all your gold in someone elses house, it might get stolen by ether an outsider or the dudes house.

If you trust the market, well the dude running the exchange might be crooked.

The creator might be an autistic who just wanted to buy model trains.

Remember bit gem or bit gold people kept buying I wonder how that ended.

3 phase talking about wiring and how all those morons will burn there house down.

Ah bitcoin you truley were a source of comedy gold.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Saw this today

https://news.vice.com/article/bitcoin-value-drops-hackers-steal-65-million-bitfinex?utm_source=vicenewsfbads

quote:

Bitcoin value drops after hackers steal $65 million worth of it

By Kayla Ruble
August 3, 2016 | 8:42 am

Bitcoin values plummeted overnight, dropping by double digits after $65 million worth of the digital currency was lifted from a Hong Kong-based exchange.

The popular Bitcoin exchange Bitfinex revealed this week that 120,000 bitcoins were stolen after hackers breached its system and looted people's bitcoin wallets.

"We are investigating the breach to determine what happened, but we know that some of our users have had their bitcoins stolen," the company said in a statement on Tuesday, the Guardian reported. "We are undertaking a review to determine which users have been affected by the breach."

After announcing the breach, Bitfinex put a hold on trading the currency on its exchange and other transactions, a move that appeared to kick off the spiraling value. In Tokyo on Wednesday, the currency was down 5.5 percent, according to Bloomberg. In the last two days Bitcoin has dropped 13 percent, the media outlet reported.

Related: A Nasdaq for Bitcoin: VICE News interviews the Winklevoss twins about the future of cryptocurrency

The latest hack highlights the continued concern over Bitcoin security. The currency's transactions are traceable through what is referred to as the blockchain, public information that shows where the coin has changed hands. But it remains challenging to verify who exactly is affiliated with each address.

The most infamous Bitcoin hack took place in 2014 when a hack of the now-bankrupt exchange Mt. Gox resulted in the loss of currency worth more than $400 million.

Despite Bitcoin's growing popularity — several major retailers now accept it as payment — there is no federal regulation or central bank oversight of the virtual currency. While global regulations are lacking, New York state took steps last year to develop what it called BitLicense framework to regulate bitcoin-related companies, establishing consumer and cyber security protection.

So since the weekend is coming doesnt that mean people are buy coins to buy their drugs or did that cycle go away with silk road.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I dont know how kosher it is to ask about the online drug trade but what stops some agents from buying a bunch of coke, and then tracing where the bitcoins go since its a open ledger.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

can you buy weed from the web?

That caliconnect moron who trade marked his silkroad name got busted from modesto of all loving places.

I would like to think that he had connections to pot growers, but it totally possible he just had a Medical Pot card and went to a pot shop to fill orders.

I live in the central valley and their are loving green cross shops everywhere hell i have a cousin who basically sleeps in one, he says its a bunch of gangbangers trying to go legit.

I can also say this you get these growers and gently caress everyone one is growing. The first step is to hot tap the power to your house to steal electricity. New homes that dont have a over head drop from the pole ( a weather head) but instead have conduct from the ground. Seems the conduct is plastic so put on some line man gloves and take some nylon rope and a few hours of rubbing you can tap into the power.

Now with all those lights your are gonna need some cooling, so most growers get a mini split system.

I had a system put in my workshop and they install thought I was gonna grow pot hence the weird conversation about how they do this poo poo.

The current big thing is THC extract or wax/shatter If you see a bunch of butane bottles in a dumpster that is what they were making. I saw apartment building a few blocks from me burn down because the assholes was doing that poo poo inside and turned on his loving garbage disposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LonsomeSon posted:

This must be what it's like for other people to read posts I made while I was high.

So you re smarter when you are high?

• Locked thread