Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

the black husserl posted:

goons have been talking poo poo about bitcoin for years but it just keeps getting more valuable and legit[citation needed]. please explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation

vyst posted:

If bitcoin is not real is our money real?

Only gold is real. End the fed. Ron Paul 2012!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
But, but, but statists.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation

TontoCorazon posted:

Those poor kids.

It's like duck, duck, goose, only once you're picked you take a ball and go home.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation

blowfish posted:

Bitspergs heads exploded because their coins simultaneously became more scarce yet were wasted on a non-cult activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXkD1BC564

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
When I worked for a insurance recovery company, I had the pleasure of helping strip down a really nice law office who's server room had mysteriously caught fire. I didn't think anything of it until the owner, who loved to talk about how his son was a genius with a full ride scholarship to MIT but turned it down to be in the family business, mentioned off hand that that same son was mining bitcoins in the office.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
All this bitcoin talk is reminding me of one of the greatest posters on bitcoin talk: Dank.

Dank was a perpetual burnout who had a dream.

quote:

By the end of this year, 2012, I believe I will be a highly known guitarist/musician. This time frame may seem unrealistically short, for I have only started playing electric guitar towards the end of August, but recent realizations have led me to believe this is possible. Humans have been evolving exponentially for some time now, with advances in technology and communication lessening the time needed for the same amount of change to occur. Logically, following this pattern, there will come a time when more change happens in an hour than has happened in the last millennium. Through meditation, connecting to a higher consciousness within, and communicating these ideas, I've had the epiphany that 2012 is a real event. It's not the end of the world and it's nothing to fear, the changes occurring through 2012 are completely spiritual. Humans are waking up from the illusion of our man-made society, our awareness is increasing and we are once again discovering the true spiritual nature of our universe and self. This burst of love gleaming through the world will manifest globally, this year, and with the increased self awareness and worldly consciousness (through communication/technology), it will stay among us. The truth can be found within one's self, and when the truth is found, it spreads like wildfire. More and more individuals are realizing, the only thing needed to be truly happy, is to act out of love. By the end of this year, we will reach a critical point where love is rampantly understood and sought upon, where more humans become in tune with our consciousness and leave behind their egos, along with the negativity associated with ego, such as greed, disease, war, power and fear. This power of love is what will give me the ability to effectively play guitar, from the soul, this year.

His sound cloud is still up and running btw.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
A currency backed by the price of weed. It's like the perfect replacement for the gold standard.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation

Bad Munki posted:

The yukon gold standard

:omarcomin:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation

Angela Christine posted:

So you're saying we should all take LSD?

It's a better idea than using bitcoin.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I mean, it makes me feel stupid though. Generally I can kind of intuit my mind around concepts that are difficult, like time dilation or relativity and all that poo poo, but bc completely befuddles me. It's weird. Guess I better invest!

~Just Gotta Believe ~

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Imagine having to wait around for ten minutes or so at the grocery store after checkout until the transaction processes. I guess the grocer could have a waiting area like clinic or something and a cashier can come and let the customer know that they are free to leave with their groceries.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Because bitcoin is a community of scammers preying on another community of true believers.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Looks like we're all about to get taken to school. Bitcoin school.

Disclaimer: Bitcoin school claims no accreditation. Customer experience may vary.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
When I grow up, I wanna be a statist.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
The closest thing we've had to a true believer in this thread was the guy who suggested that bitcoin was a viable option for smuggling money out of Argentina and he vehemently denied being a bitcoiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/is-bitcoin-under-attack-spam-fees-block-size-debate

quote:

“There is an uptick in correlated transactions in the lower fee strata,” Garzik wrote me in an email. “This would seem to imply that a single wallet or set of wallets is potentially sending the same coins over and over, to themselves. This may be innocent transaction activity, coin ‘tumbling,’ or an unknown actor paying transaction fees to load the bitcoin network with traffic.”

• Locked thread