Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
You might put the blonde guy from New Tesla in the OP Dilbert, since he's gonna show up a lot to annoy Mabuchi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
missed opportunity for the ROBOTS thread tag imo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga also has some pretty cool design stuff in it it that got directly transferred into the anime like the schematic drawings and a lot of the ending animation.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably worth just getting it & reading the official version even if they keep (slowly) putting them out. It's still listed as an active project for that group but if the official volumes come out at any reasonable speed they'll catch up pretty quickly.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

show us the robot catgirl rear end in the manga

The manga doesn't have quite as much rear end-focus that I remember although I was mostly looking at Mabuchi and probably didn't notice most of it. Mira has spent a good portion of the latest translated arc in a bath towel though.

Here's a cover, this is what I was talking about re: the ending

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There aren't a lot of options if you don't like it though; become an off-the-grid weirdo like Mabuchi and hope you can afford to pay for gasoline or take your chances with illegal coils.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's kinda the danger of an episodic story, some arcs will be stronger than others. I need to get caught up on the show because I'm excited that it's already passed up what's translated of the manga and want to see some stuff I haven't read yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

It was alright. Not the greatest, but a long way from the worst. I'd probably watch more if there ever was any.
I finally finished, yay! That sums things up pretty well for me as well.

Once things got past where I'd read in the manga it was a lot different than I expected and kinda felt like stuff kept being introduced out of nowhere but that was also making me wonder what got cut from the manga from those parts. I know most everyone who read the manga was happy the show didn't do the kids arc but there was also some characterization in that part that got lost with it not being covered (Mabuchi not being 100% an rear end in a top hat mostly), so I was left wondering if I might have been more into some of these characters that were introduced in the latter half if there was more to their introductions that just never made it into the adaption. Guess that means I'm probably still going to read the manga whenever it finally gets translated.

• Locked thread