Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That chapter was gnarly as all get out.

I want a prequel staring Nihei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

Bad Seafood posted:

That chapter was gnarly as all get out.

I want a prequel staring Nihei.

I haven't read it, but apparently he uses the exact same character design and the name "Nihei" for a hockey coach in his previous manga Supinamarada! :

The author even used Nihei's face for his autograph, so hopefully Noda just loves drawing this dude and will use him in all his mangas forever.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

LOL Shiraishi's equipment

Totally misleading. He has all sorts of stuff tied to his teeth. :colbert:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

dogsicle posted:

fwiw, Ryu is a Hokkaido

My point still stands.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They already shot a horse to death. Not sensing good odds on the dog's survival.

AsukaFan posted:

I haven't read it, but apparently he uses the exact same character design and the name "Nihei" for a hockey coach in his previous manga Supinamarada! :

The author even used Nihei's face for his autograph, so hopefully Noda just loves drawing this dude and will use him in all his mangas forever.
We can only hope.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Kamui/Vol-004-Ch-028--Complication?id=265386

i love this stupid rear end dog

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Loved when the hunter looked away for five seconds, tops, and in that period of time the captives had managed to free themselves and were gone. Shiraishi's a dork, but at least he's very good at his job.

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!
New chapter is out, features quite a lot of Good Dogs.

http://bato.to/reader#5868244bf1538c60

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

:gbsmith:

it was the best outcome we could expect. i hope the Matagi and Ryu join the group in some way

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

What a chapter.

:rip: Nihei you glorious bastard.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The way Retar and his family ends up is actually depressing as gently caress. :smith:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

The way Retar and his family ends up is actually depressing as gently caress. :smith:

Nah, 1896 is before the events of the manga.

Unless you mean "functionally extinct due to inbreeding depression"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Nah, 1896 is before the events of the manga.

Unless you mean "functionally extinct due to inbreeding depression"

Oh, right. I just realized that Sugimoto fought in the Russo-Japanese war, so of course the events of manga are after 1896. Duh.

So I guess the Retar ending is "and then no-one saw him again", which is a lot of better then "and then a few years later, some rear end in a top hat hunter killed him and his family". But the way that panel is laid out, it makes it really easy to think its the latter.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Oh, right. I just realized that Sugimoto fought in the Russo-Japanese war, so of course the events of manga are after 1896. Duh.

So I guess the Retar ending is "and then no-one saw him again", which is a lot of better then "and then a few years later, some rear end in a top hat hunter killed him and his family". But the way that panel is laid out, it makes it really easy to think its the latter.

Yeah I read it that way too before realising that that the manga is set in the 1900s or w/e

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New chapter.

Things are escalating really quickly :stare:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The two villains so far are loving fantastic.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

This is an incredibly good series, thank you.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
my favourite thing is that sugimoto isnt just a dour badass, but also hilariously sassy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hahahaha, Asirpa in this panel:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Second-to-latest chapter: the Lieutenant's mannerisms during his speech really reminded me of Hitler, especially the hand gestures. I wonder if this is deliberate on the author's part.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He's Big Boss founding Outer Heaven.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I won't spread your ashes to the heartless sea...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

He's Big Boss founding Outer Heaven.
First thing I thought of as well.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
In a way, this story tries to contextualise why Japan went loving insane in the 30s and 40s. They had their own version of ww1 ahead of schedule.

No, knocking over a few German colonies in the actual ww1 didn't count.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The effects of the Russo-Japanese war are a bit more complicated than that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yeah, the rise of the military led to a period sometimes called Government by assassination. Lots of factors led to that craziness, the 1905 war being only one of them.

I always had a fondness for Inukai Tsukoshi, who tried to rein in the military and got assassinated for his troubles (while his son was watching a sumo match with Charlie Chaplin away from the area, saving both their lives).

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
More people should be reading this Ainu cooking manga.

it's good

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!
Double release

http://bato.to/reader#3bbf6c3fea878a05

Ushiyama is awesome. Every character in this manga really gets a chance to shine.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A horse. He fuckin' judo flipped a horse :stare:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a fantastic pair of chapters, holy crap

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Mikl posted:

A horse. He fuckin' judo flipped a horse :stare:

i'm so glad this manga exists

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
new chapter, featuring cool owls

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I guess it's true the simplest solution is always the best, even for catching a man nicknamed The Escape King :haw:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
This loving manga. Even the author knows it's a thinly-veiled Ainu cooking manga.

Puukko naamassa
Mar 25, 2010

Oh No! Bruno!
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing left to do except to chew your own arm off, Shiraishi.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Holy poo poo I laughed a lot at that, the mangaka does those "dumb / confused exhaustion" and "exasperated stare" faces so well I don't think I will ever get tired of them.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
The art in this manga is extremely expressive in general. Facial expressions, body language, physicality. Soo good.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This loving manga. Even the author knows it's a thinly-veiled Ainu cooking manga.

Trufax: this manga is secretly a prequel to Silver Spoon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNGDHbX0ss