Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Idk what all that poo poo means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Golden Kamuy won the Manga Taisho award.

It's a congratulation video/advertisement.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Excited for the inevitable anime.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's all thanks to Shiraishi and his ridiculous haircut whatever that is

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's downright criminal that one brawler philanderer guy gets his own cover before our beloved, peaceful, pure-as-the-driven-snow Shiraishi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

It's downright criminal that one brawler philanderer guy gets his own cover before our beloved, peaceful, pure-as-the-driven-snow Shiraishi.

The brawler judo flipped a horse into the pure-as-driven-snow.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The badass animal cruelty quota has already been hit by several other characters by this point.

It'll take more than that to win my heart.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

:rip: Nihei.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember the philanderer guy, but i can't ever forget the clattering teeth bonding near-death experience that The Immortal had with The Escape Artist.

Seriously, swallowing blades tied to your teeth is so insane it's almost commendable

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's this guy:

One of the missing tattooed criminals. He's super strong and a regular patron of the local brothel. No idea what's up with his forehead though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Probably a surgically implanted metal plate* to cover up an injury that made him strong/crazy/both.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I always figured it was bone growth, like his freakishly thick skull (something like that was mentioned early on maybe?) + repeated trauma from head-butting got him a permanent bump there or something.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Just a Japanese thing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

or body modders in general

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Well then.

More power too 'em?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so in ch12 the guy with a weird forehead (Ushiyama?) refers to himself as having a thick skull when Hijikata takes a swing at his head with a katana. i guess it's natural

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Well alright then.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Important reveal of the appearance of the best character, in the newest chapter:

http://i.imgur.com/noFwQwr.png

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
In other news, Shiraishi is so useful!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hamster huey and the golden kamui

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New chapters (2) up.

In which our heros' culinary adventure continues!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Shiraishi you incredibly worthless piece of poo poo

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

I hope it's just going to be him doing a double-cross on the shinsengumi guys. I want to believe in Shiraishi.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

I can't believe you would doubt Shiraishi, the hardest working and most standup member of the team.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I believe in Shiraishi but his self-preservation instinct is incredibly strong and I'm interested in how his sense of loyalty is going to conflict with it, hopefully through a series of humorous faces :v:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I believe in Shiraishi but his self-preservation instinct is incredibly strong and I'm interested in how his sense of loyalty is going to conflict with it, hopefully through a series of humorous faces :v:

I think honestly he's more afraid of getting on Asirpa and Sugimotos bad side than anybody elses. He can always weasel and escape his way out of the other two factions clutches, but they've tracked him down multiple times.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
New chapter!

In which we have cool colour pages and also murder boners.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
this person makes me very uncomfortable

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
Is it a spoiler if I say this new guy is a total loving creep or is it already par of the course?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

this person makes me very uncomfortable

i like him, he's a good match for Sugimoto

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I actually wondered whether or not the reason he left marks on his victims was because he wanted someone to track him down and kill him like his brother.

Guess that answers that question.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Am I the only one who can't seem to be able to read this chapter? The link comes up with batoto, but a blank page - not even the potato, and I don't see the chapter in the updates list.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Am I the only one who can't seem to be able to read this chapter? The link comes up with batoto, but a blank page - not even the potato, and I don't see the chapter in the updates list.

it got taken down for a v2

http://bato.to/reader#2023da69d6160bff

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

That's really strange, not even the V2 shows up in my list.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

I hope I'm not the only one who imagines him doing this constantly while waiting for the whale to get tired.

God drat why is he so good.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New chapter, in which let's all take a moment to appreciate the nameless redshirt soldier who gets stabbed through his eye, right out the back of his skull, pinning him to a wall and still has enough fight in him to grab the spear and shoot the dude who shanked him :stare:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Mikl posted:

New chapter, in which let's all take a moment to appreciate the nameless redshirt soldier who gets stabbed through his eye, right out the back of his skull, pinning him to a wall and still has enough fight in him to grab the spear and shoot the dude who shanked him :stare:

Dude's a Real Japanese Hero (tm)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The soldiers that keep showing up are masks picked men and hard veterans like sugimoto, they just lack whatever spark makes them immortal. Remember the ones that messed with the bear?

All of them tough.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 28, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah everyone in 7th division have the same kind of eyes, they're all stone cold badasses.

Sugimoto is capable of tapping into the same kind of fury, but has not lost himself in a desire for carnage. his memories of the past help pull him from the brink.

Also, god drat the final action sequence was awesome: the block with the rifle, and the two clean shanks to the side. My only complaint is that the position of the bullet wound keeps changing: the exit wound was initially at the right flank, then it shifted to the left, and then the entry wound has shifted back to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
It has been a long time since I've actually liked a cast of characters in an animes book, maybe that's why this series is so endearing. I'm tired of goofballs and annoying pricks as the main character's foil
Will-they-won't-theys are loving boring as well just kiss the girl already jeez