Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Everything Burrito posted:

LOL Shiraishi's equipment

2 thumbs is all this guy needs :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

Oh, right. I just realized that Sugimoto fought in the Russo-Japanese war, so of course the events of manga are after 1896. Duh.

So I guess the Retar ending is "and then no-one saw him again", which is a lot of better then "and then a few years later, some rear end in a top hat hunter killed him and his family". But the way that panel is laid out, it makes it really easy to think its the latter.

Yeah I read it that way too before realising that that the manga is set in the 1900s or w/e

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo I laughed a lot at that, the mangaka does those "dumb / confused exhaustion" and "exasperated stare" faces so well I don't think I will ever get tired of them.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm willing to call this the best chapter yet, it's like a microcosm of everything that's happened so far. Crazy people, insane mood whiplash, perfect comedic timing.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The continuing adventures of :itwaspoo:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

As a random aside does anyone else know of any good manga that do gore as well as this does? The artist makes various maulings and sword wounds look brutal as gently caress like Sugimoto's skin actually visibly getting stretched and torn, or the dude cutting a bear's loving face off :stonk: without having to cover everything in rediculous amounts of blood or gibby bits for effect.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

tbh this is probably the goriest manga I've read that didn't make me feel really grossed out. I'm not really a gore fan so when stuff gets too into throwing giblets around I usually stop reading, but I guess here it's used sparingly enough and in a realistic way so while gross momentarily it doesn't feel gratuitous. That's a pretty rare balance.

Yeah that's what I find so interesting about it, I'm not particularly bothered by exploding blood fountains and the like but the more realistic style seems a lot more tasteful and impactful to me than typical "add more blood and maybe some organs" stuff.

Thought OTOH I just got caught up on Keyman and Dorohedoro so maybe I'm just in the mood for some more awful pointless violence :shrug:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Fun and educational :)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

A Wonderful New Episode

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

MBB Sugimoto is kind of a jerk, huh

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

This story really got back into high gear again :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

This manga is the peak of human culture, we can all go home now