Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, this poo poo is good. I'm really enjoying the adventures of 1900's Jotaro and Nakoruru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

LOL Shiraishi's equipment

Totally misleading. He has all sorts of stuff tied to his teeth. :colbert:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The loving setup for -of all things- Shiraishi's head censor gag had me rolling. This is one of the best manga I've ever read.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

He died happy because Sugimoto-senpai noticed him :unsmith:

Like dying in the arms of the girl of your dreams after having a wild romp with a super-model. Lucky guy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Again, this manga is so loving good.

And indeed, the flying squirrels stole the show.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, those punchlines. This manga is great.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just can't believe this manga exists. It's just pure, unadulterated quality. The pacing, art, storytelling, humor violence, characters, homages, everything seems perfect.Goddamn.

I haven't been impressed by a manga so much since Dorohedoro, and Dorohedoro does have many flaws while I really cannot find anything to nitpick about in Golden Kamui.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 9, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Crain posted:

Don't know if you just missed a comma or not but this works so well to describe this series.

Brain fart (but I'll pretend it was my intention all along :smugdog:) but I once described this manga to a friend as a hyperviolent comedy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The author is having way too much fun with the nakedness, this manga is obviously something they really like to make.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So does anybody else besides me think that...

Inkarmat stabbed herself?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Negrostrike posted:

That's what I thought first.

Well. It ended up being a 50-50

Anyways, this manga is so loving great. Normally when an author uses the "someone is a traitor" setup, you don't expect a full half of the group to be some sort of traitor. Sugimoto should learn from his new mbb-buddy how to endear people.

Of loving course, with some soy sauce and ginger (wasabi too, probably).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 25, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tanigaki's sexiness is the best running joke in this manga full of great running jokes.

It's been a while since I laughed as much as with that second picture mistake.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm astounded at how good this manga is and hope that the adaptation can live up to it. More people deserve to know about it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tsurumi's gang segments are always quality. That dude cares the gently caress out of his soldiers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A lovable one.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I like it way better than immortal sugimoto but maybe that's just because I read it first

It's way better

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thetoughestbean posted:

Next chapter! It's a big one!

We have found the gold, I repeat, we have found the gold

I don't get how that tattoo led them to that place.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hypocrisy posted:

Chapter 306 So about 11 chapters further than the last linked chapter.

Say goodbye as your favorites continue to die.

As if mere point-blank grenades or traumatic brain injury could kill any of these dudes!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HouseofGlass posted:

I see people say a lot of variations on that last line, but to me that always came across as an excuse/justification, especially when dealing with the 7th Division. A lot of people do a lot of morally grey things in the manga, but it's also a manga about people fighting for causes. Asirpa has a noble cause, and I'd say so did Kiroranke/Sofia's "faction" and Hijikata's "faction." By contrast, Koito is someone fighting for a faction that is absolutely not morally grey (it's made even less so in the volume changes where Tsurumi explicitly says that he sees that Ainu as enemies, but his attitude towards the Ainu was pretty clear from the moment he threatened to kill Ariko's entire family). What rubs me the wrong way I guess is it feels like Noda entirely ignores this whenever he deals with Koito's feelings towards Tsurumi and the cause of the 7th Division, and instead focuses entirely on his own personal issues. It feels like a cheap way to make him look like a morally troubled character without ever having him face up to the actual poo poo he's helping perpetuate.

Koito is an early 20th century Japanese soldier (e: from a military family). There would be nothing weird with him considering a military dictatorship a noble cause and all the awful poo poo they have done an unfortunate necessity. If that's close to the way he thinks, then there is no need for excuses/justifications, he just has a very different moral code.

Hypocrisy posted:

Half right!

Pffft, he just decided to show off one last time.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 2, 2022

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
These guys are a masterclass on dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That was cinematic as gently caress.