Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

NOTE: idk anything about investing, and it will probably show.
an app that simulates parenthood by making you incur losses similar to child needs.
every week you get a notification "You need more diapers, $20." The prices can be taken from local sources and have sales tax applied.

instead of actually having and taking care of a child, these dollar amounts are transferred into a target-date index fund with a target of 18 years from when you start the simulation. some huffpo article I just googled said having a kid costs between $12k and $14k a year, and calculator.net's 401k calculator says putting $13k away per year for 18 years will leave you with $413,826.69.

this is my poorly thought out app idea. what's yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
it's like facebook but with ________

i'm gonna be so rich

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

RZA Encryption posted:

NOTE: idk anything about investing, and it will probably show.
an app that simulates parenthood by making you incur losses similar to child needs.
every week you get a notification "You need more diapers, $20." The prices can be taken from local sources and have sales tax applied.

instead of actually having and taking care of a child, these dollar amounts are transferred into a target-date index fund with a target of 18 years from when you start the simulation. some huffpo article I just googled said having a kid costs between $12k and $14k a year, and calculator.net's 401k calculator says putting $13k away per year for 18 years will leave you with $413,826.69.

this is my poorly thought out app idea. what's yours?

my idea is the same but with instead of investing in a 401k you get cute items to dress your virtual baby with

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

GoldenTeeth posted:

my idea is the same but with instead of investing in a 401k you get cute items to dress your virtual baby with

the total of all of the in-app purchases is $413,826.69, conveniently

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
an app you install and it bricks your phone except for hte phone part but the rest other than a clock / alarm is useless

• Locked thread