Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

keevo posted:

Yeah but the Titantron was pretty important to his debut. Isn't it basically his character?

He was introduced with some form of phenomenal alongside his name for at least the last decade, so I'd say so. I just chalk it up to Dunn and/or the production crew having an off night, since they were pretty bad all Rumble long. Just keep that same music and let him enter to huge pops for the next few weeks and all should be well.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

yeah I think aj styles gimmick is that he's good at wrestling

interested in seeing him cut a wwe promo or if they give him a manager

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NowonSA posted:

He was introduced with some form of phenomenal alongside his name for at least the last decade, so I'd say so. I just chalk it up to Dunn and/or the production crew having an off night, since they were pretty bad all Rumble long. Just keep that same music and let him enter to huge pops for the next few weeks and all should be well.

Apparently a chunk of the production crew was stuck in NY

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

checksin posted:

I like that kevin owens' character is such a dickhole that he can believably support two to three legitimate, full feuds at once

i think he had like six going when he was straddling nxt and main roster

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

NowonSA posted:

I just chalk it up to Dunnhaving an off night, since they were pretty bad all Rumble long being bad at his job

E: Fixed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I think it's cool an actual popular artist like Flo Rida actually seems to like pro wrestling and doesn't trash it.

Florida Georgia Line are huge in country and basically are music for wrestling's usual target demographic too but people here hate them or have no idea who they are

Not saying they're good but it is a really good fit

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

ayn rand hand job posted:

Does Vince winning count

I just disregard it. Benoit I wasn't watching at the time and I'm not sure if there was really any buildup to his winning.

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, the lamest part of recent Royal Rumbles has been the fact that the winner has been fairly obvious. The most recent real surprise win, I believe, was when Sheamus won when everyone thought Jericho would, and I believe the response to that was, of course, that it was lame that Jericho didn't win, so clearly you can't please everyone no matter what you do.

I do think that they had a great chance to tell a more interesting story leading into WM with an Ambrose win. The crowd would have gone absolutely apeshit in the moment, Ambrose looks like a big deal overnight because he was in a freaking LMS match and a big chunk of the Rumble and still won it, the Authority loses their minds because Ambrose is just as bad as Roman for them, and Roman is conflicted because he has to fight against his best bro for the title and not the easier path of fighting against those drat McMahons.

Glad to see you posting around here by the way Kawa, I have fond memories of craziness you were involved with in TFF when I was lurking around there.

drat you Lucifer, stop trying to tempt me into posting Vinceflex!

Ah, the sheamus one. That was a weird one. To me what made it weird is that it was a time where doing the obvious thing was the right thing, and this had a lot to do with the fact that Jericho "needed" the win much more. He had never been made to look really strong I don't think--even when he was undisputed champion. I wasn't watching around this part of his career so I can't really say for absolute sure. But he had this really odd return going on with these bizarre video packages. Like it was going to be some earth shattering event. Then he comes back and does this thing where he doesn't say anything. Then when he finally does he says he's going to win the Rumble. He kind of needed to do so to back up his own self-hype and really establish himself as a guy who could win a big match, going into WM to put someone over, think it was CM Punk. Ended up doing it anyway. Sheamus I'm not sure who he even ended up facing. Don't think that was the Daniel Bryan 8 seconds year(actually I think it was, for some reason I kept thinking Sheamus was champion going in but he wasn't of course) but a lot of this stuff muddles up in my brain after a while and I forget which year is which and I'm not gonna go into the effort to find out cause this thread is about to be obsolete!!

Glad you enjoyed me in TFF by the way. I was here before I was there!! But a lot of times wrestling fans online get under my skin moreso than football fans and I become irritated. So I post about wrestling a lot less than I used to.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 26, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Kawalimus posted:

I just disregard it. Benoit I wasn't watching at the time and I'm not sure if there was really any buildup to his winning.

Benoits build was awesome and natural, unlike Roman's incredibly forced push.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

free pop dog imo

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Apparently a chunk of the production crew was stuck in NY

Ah, that explains a lot.

Still, no matter what skeleton crew you're running with, you really should know to show the full entrance and debut of a super hot free agent signing rather than Roman Reign's face. Most of the viewers will know very little, if anything, about AJ, and the combo of the visual of the crowd giving a big pop as soon as they know it's him and the announcers talking him up would let people know that this guy's a big deal. The crowd was chanting for him like mad throughout the match though, so I have to imagine that offset the production crew being bad at their jobs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is the major returning star Sting?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ostentatious posted:

free pop dog imo

He and I still talk sometimes lol. There's no bad blood between us anymore.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

Ah, the sheamus one. That was a weird one. To me what made it weird is that it was a time where doing the obvious thing was the right thing, and this had a lot to do with the fact that Jericho "needed" the win much more. He had never been made to look really strong I don't think--even when he was undisputed champion. I wasn't watching around this part of his career so I can't really say for absolute sure. But he had this really odd return going on with these bizarre video packages. Like it was going to be some earth shattering event. Then he comes back and does this thing where he doesn't say anything. Then when he finally does he says he's going to win the Rumble. He kind of needed to do so to back up his own self-hype and really establish himself as a guy who could win a big match, going into WM to put someone over, think it was CM Punk. Ended up doing it anyway. Sheamus I'm not sure who he even ended up facing. Don't think that was the Daniel Bryan 8 seconds year but a lot of this stuff muddles up in my brain after a while and I forget which year is which and I'm not gonna go into the effort to find out cause this thread is about to be obsolete!!

Glad you enjoyed me in TFF by the way. I was here before I was there!! But a lot of times wrestling fans online get under my skin moreso than football fans and I become irritated. So I post about wrestling a lot less than I used to.

I remember that as the 18 seconds year, yeah. And yeah, Jericho needed the win a lot more, it really came across as them just changing plans for the hell of it and to spite people who knew what was up, when really they should spite us while giving an actual satisfying and fun storyline for the winner. Like, surprise the fans but give them what they want.

My fave Kawa memory is when I happened to check in on TFF after some big game the steelers lost, and lots of TFF people did prank calls to the station and namedropped Football Funhouse and the dog that thirsts, which used to be in Kawa's avatar text for the uninformed.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

TFF has a history of colorful Ravens fans, possibly the most colorful of the football franchises in terms of posters

So the feud so far are as follows(?)

Jericho/Ambrose
Wyatts/Lesnar
KO/Zayn or Styles
Reigns/HHH
Dunn/Cole

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Brock Lesnar posted:

it's actually the "wakilai" and it was taught to him by his Samoan Back of the Bus brothers Jimmy and Jey Uso, The Usos

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Florida Georgia Line are huge in country and basically are music for wrestling's usual target demographic too but people here hate them or have no idea who they are

Not saying they're good but it is a really good fit

"Do you know who Florida Georgia Line are?" is question seven on the form that determines whether you're hill folk living in one of America's shame-spots.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ooop wrong thread

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Defiance Industries posted:

"Do you know who Florida Georgia Line are?" is question seven on the form that determines whether you're hill folk living in one of America's shame-spots.

Answer "Yes" and you can't get into Covenant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

• Locked thread