Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

IcePhoenix posted:

Steph specifically teased "someone the wwe universe hasn't seen before" during that awful #1 segment, Jericho vaguely teased something similar I think during the highlight reel. It all just stinks of the typical Vince "they spoiled our surprise so now nobody gets it!"

I think that was just her loving with the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Checking back in, we're not going to get the pit bull because their breed is too aggressive to play with other dogs safely. It's really sad, pit bulls are like rottweilers from 10 years ago and need more love. :negative:

Nevertheless our short list now contains a boxer, a beagle/dachshund, a beagle/greyhound mix, and a corgi/chou-chou mix. I'm not sure how that last one even works, you'd think they'd just cancel each other out and leave no dog at all but here we are.

e: seriously beagle/greyhound, lookit dis dog, it's like someone photoshopped a beagle head onto a toy sized dog

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's gonna be Brock vs surprise 30th Punk for the Title at Mania. Punk's gonna eliminate Brock and we'll get our rematch. Vince is mad pushing the panic button man. I feels it. Bryan is a farm so only Punk can save pro wrestling.

EDIT: Maybe Zayn! Or Balor! Or Nakamura...spelled Nakamura right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

keevo posted:

I think that was just her loving with the internet.

Yes that is my point please see the second part of my post

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Checking back in, we're not going to get the pit bull because their breed is too aggressive to play with other dogs safely. It's really sad, pit bulls are like rottweilers from 10 years ago and need more love. :negative:

Nevertheless our short list now contains a boxer, a beagle/dachshund, a beagle/greyhound mix, and a corgi/chou-chou mix. I'm not sure how that last one even works, you'd think they'd just cancel each other out and leave no dog at all but here we are.

The royal Rumble is loving ruined

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

just watched the vince #1 royal rumble draw and it was loving dire

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chokes McGee posted:

e: seriously beagle/greyhound, lookit dis dog, it's like someone photoshopped a beagle head onto a toy sized dog

I do not like dogs and I kind of want this dog.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ostentatious posted:

just watched the vince #1 royal rumble draw and it was loving dire
Being a Raiders fan would you say its fair to compare Vince to Al Davis?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

IcePhoenix posted:

I do not like dogs and I kind of want this dog.

There's something about the Louisville area that makes them want to breed everything with beagles. Everything. Beagle/chihuahua, beagle/greyhound, beagle/bulldog, they have no shame. It owns because beagles own, but you end up with some unholy abominations that should not be.

And are adorable because of it :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

achillesforever6 posted:

No and gently caress you

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Becky and Charlotte is currently the most well-booked feud.

Viva la Divas Revolution!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope Luke Harper gets the strap instead.

Same.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm not a Raiders fan but no.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes that is my point please see the second part of my post

I don't think that 2nd part works though because Triple H told WWE to write about the new signings?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Al Davis was an integral part of the Civil Rights Movement in relation to his sport and Vince McMahon employed Hulk Hogan and called Booker T a nigga

so no

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh I thought Al Davis went batshit insane as he got older and became detrimental to his team for making stupid decisions.

I was probably thinking of some other football owner then

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Yeah, you're thinking of Jerry Jones, Vince McMahon's good friend

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ostentatious posted:

Al Davis was an integral part of the Civil Rights Movement in relation to his sport and Vince McMahon employed Hulk Hogan and called Booker T a nigga

so no

It was reverse actually. Booker T called Hogan the n word.

Oh wait you meant Vince called Booker T. I thought Vince called Cena the n word and Booker T just overheard it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

Yeah, you're thinking of Jerry Jones, Vince McMahon's good friend

:rip: :romo:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh I thought Al Davis went batshit insane as he got older and became detrimental to his team for making stupid decisions.

remove "got older" and you've basically got chip kelly sooooo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I read a recap online, and they kept going on about how quiet the crowd was. To an annoying amount. Was it actually noticeable a dead crowd, or was this guy hamming it up?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I'm pretty hype for the rumble. i hope lesnar wins. hhh winning is fine but only if they have dope plans for lesnar at mania(anything wyatts related would be so disappointing)

ambrose/owens and usos/new day should be good too. don't have high hopes for kalisto/adr or charlotte/becky though

schweens fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 19, 2016

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

I read a recap online, and they kept going on about how quiet the crowd was. To an annoying amount. Was it actually noticeable a dead crowd, or was this guy hamming it up?

during the royal rumble draw you could hear one guy just yelling through the crowd RIC FLAIR.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Honestly I never understand dead crowds. Why did you spend money to do nothing? I want crowds that are either super into it, or hate it so much they boo the poo poo out of it...like last year's Rumble.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Spikeguy posted:

It was unironically dead quiet a whole lot.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spikeguy posted:

Honestly I never understand dead crowds. Why did you spend money to do nothing? I want crowds that are either super into it, or hate it so much they boo the poo poo out of it...like last year's Rumble.

You're not exactly going to know how good/bad a show is beforehand, and you can't really fake enthusiasm.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spikeguy posted:

Honestly I never understand dead crowds. Why did you spend money to do nothing?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, when they exchanged their dollars for tickets, they expected the product to be a bit better than what they got

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

It was unironically dead quiet a whole lot.

Yeah. It wasn't the whole time or anything, but...it was the gohome Raw before their second biggest PPV of the year. And one of the stuff that was dead was a Vince segment.

It wasn't the whole time, but it was still pretty drat significant. The worst reaction you can get in wrestling is nothing, and getting it for either of those is a bad sign

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

schweens posted:

I'm pretty hype for the rumble. i hope lesnar wins. hhh winning is fine but only if they have dope plans for lesnar at mania(anything wyatts related would be so disappointing)

ambrose/owens and usos/new day should be good too. don't have high hopes for kalisto/adr or charlotte/becky though
Kalisto and ADR actually had a pretty good match on SD (ADR winning the title right back notwithstanding) and I'm sure Becky can carry Charlotte to a good match

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I hope part of why they did this end segment was to see "Is Reigns over enough for Lesnar/Reigns II sometime this year as a face?" because the resounding answer to that is a big fat "no"

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

What was the deal with those balls? Did someone glue them together to mess with Vince or something?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
IMO it seemed like a way to quickly convey the idea that the lottery was obviously rigged without needing Vince or Steph to outright admit it or have Roman descend from the crowd and check himself. They just delivered it in the poorest way possible.

Like, they probably could've gotten away with just the first two times Vince absentmindedly tosses a ball back in to take another one out and it's a nice way to avoid having him go "Ha ha ha! They're all Roman Reigns, you dummies!"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

deadkiller615 posted:

What was the deal with those balls? Did someone glue them together to mess with Vince or something?

He's stopped using steroids and working out, replacing those with synthol.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wait, Becky is winning the rumble?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Anyone else going to the rumble? Feel like I'm going to need to find a place to get about five beers deep before walking into Amway

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

beggar posted:

Anyone else going to the rumble? Feel like I'm going to need to find a place to get about five beers deep before walking into Amway

If you're going to Amway, I have some tips

The Odds are stacked against The Big Dog Roman Reigns

There have never been these many Odds stacked against anyone

Can The Powerhouse Roman Reigns overcome all of these Odds at once??

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

DEAR RICHARD posted:

wait, Becky is winning the rumble?

No but she is going over Ric Flair

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Watch CMLL on Mondays instead of Raw. It's the most fun train wreck I've ever seen. Super Porky is there and it's great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cmll is archived instantly there's plenty of time to watch both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Hoping when I open the WWE app to watch the Rumble on Monday morning that it doesn't tell me with a giant splash banner who won, like last year.

• Locked thread