Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Jim Morrison. That's who you look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Jess continues to be the shittiest character on the show.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
As usual, I have had a terrible time in your horrible loft with all of you idiot people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inkspot posted:

As usual, I have had a terrible time in your horrible loft with all of you idiot people.

This and him smashing fistfuls of brownie were the only funny parts of the episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Busy Philips on tonight!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
A jukebox that doesn't catch fire sometimes, separate olive and cherry trays, a toilet that flushes down instead of up!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jess sucks. Like a black hole of humor and interest.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
It's a little chunky...It tastes like loose chili a little bit. :roflolmao:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

That Jess storyline was just some bizarre fiction that a stalker dreams about.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 13, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

That Jess storyline was just some bizarre fiction that a stalker dreams about.

I hope so. Not a fun a-plot.

Still, thrilled to see Busy Phillips as Connie!

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

It's kind of crazy how bad the titular character has become in this show. Her storyline this episode was not only unfunny, but also quite hosed up and weird. Dude's restraining order was completely justified and she was doing a wonderful job of showing why, then they suddenly get back together? I'm really confused by this show now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Yeah, I'm not watching until I hear they've unfucked themselves. The ending really pissed me off.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm finishing off the season and then shelving this show myself. Maybe I'll watch the finale once its announced, or finish it out on Netflix once its totally done, but keeping up with it isn't worth it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Don't forget that Jess is literally a stand-in for how Elizabeth Meriweather sees herself.

At some point, that begins to hinder the show, since everything has to be unbelievable and adorkable.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
With the exception of this episode she's not really less mature than the other characters. It's not like Nick, Winston, Cece, and Schmidt are together mature adults.

I mean, I disliked the Jess plot in this episode (and frankly I barely remember the guy's character so it's a little confusing) but this is a show about immature goofballs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

With the exception of this episode she's not really less mature than the other characters. It's not like Nick, Winston, Cece, and Schmidt are together mature adults.

I mean, I disliked the Jess plot in this episode (and frankly I barely remember the guy's character so it's a little confusing) but this is a show about immature goofballs.

I don't think anyone said her immaturity is what is dragging her character down. I think she is getting more and more isolated from the rest of the cast and its making her scenes drag. Her character needs some one funny around so she can be the dorky straight man. As it is now she's just a crazy weirdo who likes polka dots and wears big stupid glasses with no lenses.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, I thought they were just static characters with a bunch of stupid quirks who never had to grow up and held onto their childish-ness(?) to show other people it was OK to act young even if you were older.

You were saying?

(And what's with your obsession with the glasses?)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

You were saying?

(And what's with your obsession with the glasses?)

That was defining a manic pixie dream girl because someone (maybe you?) said she wasn't one? What's your point? And the glasses are just annoying to me.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
OK, so to recap:

-Sam and Jess engage in a mostly physical relationship.
-Jess wants more, but Sam stays emotionally distant because he is afraid of getting hurt.
-Sam finally opens up, only to find himself getting hurt like he feared when Jess and Nick kiss.
-Sam becomes violent and attacks Nick. Sam leaves.
-Time passes.
-Sam is now dating Genevieve, Jess' potential new boss. With her, Sam has been exploring his emotions and been getting in tune with a more new-age lifestyle.
-Jess interferes with their relationship and Sam's pain from their breakup resurfaces. Sam realizes he's been spiraling since and doesn't feel like he knows who he is or what he wants.
-Genevieve breaks up with Sam. Sam is mad at Nick and Jess, either again or still.
-Jess continues to harass Sam, not giving him a chance to figure his life out.
-Sam issues a restraining order against her because for gently caress's sake Jess.
-Jess ignores the restraining order and hurts herself and nearly gets both of them killed.
-They give in to passion and decide "Hey let's go back to when we were last happy and try dating again!"
-Winston, the voice of reason, says "Hey you got a restraining order for a reason. Give poo poo some time." Through this moment of clarity, Sam agrees and leaves. EVERYONE AGREES JESS IS DANGEROUS AND A RELATIONSHIP AT THIS TIME IS BAD.
-Jess says "Nah gently caress that!" and goes back after Sam and continues to exploit his vulnerability and they are going to have a relationship, admitting neither of them have grown since they last dated.

Have I done a good enough job conveying how hosed up this episode was?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
For once I'll agree that Jess was the worst part of the show tonight. They're trying too hard to make her funny on her own, instead of just through her interactions with the other characters.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Winston was the best part of the episode again as usual. Drunk Cece isn't too bad either.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Schmidt is my favorite the last few episodes. That comment about loose chili had me laughing, and I loved a couple episodes ago when Nick made the comment about layers like an orange and Schmidt was completely thrown for a loop.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jess was way too dumb, like implausibly dumb in this episode. That's loving comedy poison. The show is still great when she's not around though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She should just keep having babies! Or cut her character and have the "New Girl" be for Cece.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Jess was quite funny in the episode before this one. One bad subplot does not a bad character make.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Is that Sasha from TWD?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That cat's a genius!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is that Sasha from TWD?

Yep

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This last episode may have been the worst one in its entire run.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Solice Kirsk posted:

This last episode may have been the worst one in its entire run.

Are you posting from a week ago? Both of this week's episodes were a huge improvement from that one. Jess is finally acting like a slightly exaggerated normal person again, instead of whatever weird crazy stalker she was last week. And I thought the framed football helmet piece was actually really sweet, in a sitcom sort of way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, maybe I'm just not into the show anymore. How many more episodes are there this season?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is that Sasha from TWD?

The funny thing is that until I saw this in the thread I could not for the life of me figure out where I knew her from. Just goes to show how bad TWD is that I completely blocked out her other acting gigs.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
RIP Prince

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RIP Chyna

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Note, there's two episodes tonight, but for some reason the second is at 9/8 with a new Grandfathered in between (and that's a good show and has Paget Brewster).

NOTEWORTHY!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Hmm, I wonder if one of the writers of this show ever had an incident where a car almost hit them and they yelled at them and the car stopped and came back. Because it happened in tonight's episode and the rerun of the Prince episode.

Anyway, FEEL LIKE BAKIN' LOVE

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Jess and Cece need to get high more often.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I found these two episodes surprisingly enjoyable!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, those were two very good New Girl episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jess and Cece need to get high more often.

We have to wait another ten years

:(

• Locked thread