Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Schremp Howard posted:

They just cancelled the rest of the tour. Oh boy.

I've seen they've canceled the NY Dates, but can't find a link for the rest - could you post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
shocking. i would never expect such behavior from cedric and omar

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

SgtScruffy posted:

I've seen they've canceled the NY Dates, but can't find a link for the rest - could you post?

Phone posting, but they announced it on Facebook.

"Apologies to all our fans who have tickets but following our news earlier tonight, we regret to announce that all further shows on our North American tour, up to and including the Amnesia Festival appearance on June 25th are cancelled. Tickets can be refunded from point of purchase. We will be back to make up these shows in the future. Thank you for your continued support."

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This loving band

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I came so close

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Why oh why couldn't I have gotten tickets to the Tuesday show?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I had tickets to the Nashville and first DC show and couldn't go to either because of work travel. Just need to accept I will never see them.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
lol was two minutes from the doors at Terminal 5 when they cancel. Insane.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
It's really weird. I went to the philly show and they seemed on point. I waited till after to buy stuff, so I was leaving kind of late, walked past their bus, and realized Tony was just kind of standing there. I caught a drum head they threw out at the end, so he signed it for me and talked a bit. Then I got to talking to some other people outside and realized that Cedric and Omar were walking out. They talked to us for a quick minute and seemed to be in a good mood and happy. Didn't show any signs of illness.

You don't want to think anything is wrong, but with these guys you start to assume the worst.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Thanks for the FB post. It gives me a little bit of hope that they immediately say that they'll be back to make up the dates, so it may actually be an illness thing and not the band hating each other.

Having said that, I hope Cedric is ok :(

edit: Cedric, not Omar.

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 20, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I want to be mad and I realize that ATDI hasn't exactly built up a lot of good will on this stuff, but the fact that Cedric was recently as a doctor getting his throat scoped is giving me pause to rage about the cancellation.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Eh still fair enough to complain about the timing though. Not a big deal for me cause I came from queens but people flew in from Puerto Rico and the west coast and wherever else when the band obviously knew there were serious problems days ago. Also just the fact that doors were opened, the stage fully set up, Le Butcherettes ready to go. Maaaybe he had a super special reason to believe that he was about to recover at any moment, but more likely Cedric is a special kind of arrogant rear end in a top hat who had no problem with inflating the spectacle and the collateral damage of the whole thing. Which in fairness shouldn't be shocking to people familiar with the band. Taking a plane to see a scheduled ATDI gig is probably a pretty dumb thing to do.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Just have that guy that isn't Jim play the show with four guys that aren't in the band either play some ATDI covers, problem solved.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
They should do it Prophets of Rage style where Tony, Paul and not Jim merge with Guy Piccioto and Brendan Canty to form the ultimate not ATDI / not Fugazi super tribute group.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/omar-rodriguez-lopez-on-epic-solo-album-series-new-at-the-drive-in-lp-20160711

new rolling stone article: eventual new ATDI LP, new series of Omar solo albums from july 15th through the end of the year coming out on Ipecac, potential for a new TMV but only if jon theodore and eva gardner will do it (i think?), some kind of album with Travis Barker coming out this year (first music video soon)

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Christ if they can get Theodore and Gardner back I would be so down for new TMV.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Healthy bump, because ... um, guys?

E: OK, they've tweeted it for realz now

https://twitter.com/AtTheDriveIn/status/806946009314013188

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 8, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
drat. That sounds really good.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Holy poo poo this song rules. ATDI is back.

e: goddamn i've missed Cedric's vocals and lyrics.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yeah I figured I'd listen to it a couple times before posting an opinion, but I've had it looped since posting that so I'm gonna go with yes, the song owns.

God bless you ATDi and your ridiculous lyrics :glomp:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Real Name Grover posted:

God bless you ATDi and your ridiculous lyrics :glomp:

I am so glad Cedric hasn't forgotten how to do awesomely goofy lyrics.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They definitely sound aged beyond the point of recapturing the old magic but it will probably be miles better than the Refused comeback.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
So omar will be up to what? 17 records released in a 300 day period?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Henchman of Santa posted:

They definitely sound aged beyond the point of recapturing the old magic but it will probably be miles better than the Refused comeback.

I told my friend after spinning it, this would have been fire if I was still 16 and ragin, but now I'm 30 and tired.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Real Name Grover posted:

Healthy bump, because ... um, guys?

Don't frequent this sub but came to post this, so pumped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-NYWzd7JW8

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
They're also coming back for the shows they had to cancel. I assume I will not be lucky enough to get a ticket this time.

http://pitchfork.com/news/70325-at-the-drive-in-announce-tour/?mbid=social_facebook

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

The lack of Jim Ward is too glaring for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

sucks but I'm still gonna blast that new poo poo on repeat a million times

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

^burtle posted:

I told my friend after spinning it, this would have been fire if I was still 16 and ragin, but now I'm 30 and tired.

Ain't that the truth

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And more Omar:

http://www.verbicidemagazine.com/2016/12/12/omar-rodriguez-lopez-albums-2017-ipecac-lovejoy-roman-lips/

quote:

12/30/16 – A Lovejoy
01/13/17 – Roman Lips
01/27/17 – Zen Thrills
02/10/17 – Chocolate Tumor Hormone Parade
02/17/17 – Ensayo de un Desaparecido
03/03/17 – Nutrido por Mercenarios
03/17/17 – Scrapyard Handshakes
03/31/17 – Cosmic Jesus Hearst
04/14/17 – Invisible Chain Gang
04/28/17 – Baby Teeth Farm
05/12/17 – Temporarily Testing Salvation
05/26/17 – Reganomics Lamborgini

Please note the title of the 05/26/17 release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSFxiNljuA

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I got a promo code thing for the 9:30 show that lets me priority buy tickets because it was cancelled the last time they cap through. I think tickets are $5 more expensive this time around (:argh:) but oh well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Pre-sale is up for the NYC show and I managed to get a pair of tickets without any fuckery. That was refreshing.

http://www.axs.com/events/329523/at-the-drive-in-tickets

code:
ATDI2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
http://www.nme.com/news/music/drive-discuss-first-album-17-years-in%C2%B7ter-a%C2%B7li%C2%B7a-1986242

quote:

At The Drive-In have announced their first album in 17 years, as well as sharing a new track. Scroll below to hear the song and read an exclusive interview.

The US post-hardcore band, who split in 2001 before reforming for live shows in 2012, will release ‘in·ter a·li·a’ (Latin for “among other things”) on May 5 via Rise Records.

Tracklist:

‘No Wolf Like The Present’
‘Continuum’
‘Tilting At The Univendor’
‘Governed By Contagions’
‘Pendulum In A Peasant Dress’
‘Incurably Innocent’ (A YouTube link to this one is in the article)
‘Call Broken Arrow’
‘Holtzclaw’
‘Torrentially Cutshaw’
‘Ghost-tape No.9’
‘Hostage Stamps’

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:woop:

Link to new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_IramA9m4

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I would have rather had more ANTEMASQUE

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
They're really one of those bands that just isn't gonna work outside of their original time.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hmm nah. ROC is still fresh as gently caress, 15 years later.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

They're really one of those bands that just isn't gonna work outside of their original time.

What's with all these comments and that mindset. Both of the new songs have been really good, imo. Maybe not identical to their previous work but :shrug:

I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with new tech in regards to recording studios etc. Their old stuff just had that "raw" sound that arguably did give it some of its charm

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Where the TMV film Omar

where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Governed by Contagions loving rules and holds up upon multiple listens, but Incurably Innocent just did absolutely nothing for me :(

• Locked thread