Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Henchman of Santa posted:

It might be in bad taste but you guys are acting like Talking Heads reunited without David Byrne or something. If you went from pumped about this tour to selling your ticket immediately because the second guitarist isn't playing then I seriously question your decision making.

See your point and don't really disagree - I wouldn't go as far as selling off my ticket. But I think the thing here for some people is less just that Ward's not participating, and more that it's pretty clear that the band deliberately misrepresented the tour as a proper reunion, going as far as to specifically plaster the dude's face right on the flyer, then waited a week for the tour to sell out before coming back with "haha just kidding". I'll still go and enjoy the music, but regardless, gently caress those guys. I normally make it a point to buy merch when I support a band, but won't be doing that this time. I know some see this differently, but I'd say there's sometimes a substantial difference between supporting a band or simply enjoying their music, and this helps push Cedric and Omar and their related projects into column B for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
It sounds like he wasn't aware there was a reunion tour planned for starters

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Any word about tonight's show anywhere? Sounds like a cancellation will come last minute if anything.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Holy poo poo, they just cancelled. After doors. This band.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I came so close

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Eh still fair enough to complain about the timing though. Not a big deal for me cause I came from queens but people flew in from Puerto Rico and the west coast and wherever else when the band obviously knew there were serious problems days ago. Also just the fact that doors were opened, the stage fully set up, Le Butcherettes ready to go. Maaaybe he had a super special reason to believe that he was about to recover at any moment, but more likely Cedric is a special kind of arrogant rear end in a top hat who had no problem with inflating the spectacle and the collateral damage of the whole thing. Which in fairness shouldn't be shocking to people familiar with the band. Taking a plane to see a scheduled ATDI gig is probably a pretty dumb thing to do.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
They should do it Prophets of Rage style where Tony, Paul and not Jim merge with Guy Piccioto and Brendan Canty to form the ultimate not ATDI / not Fugazi super tribute group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

the ticket was $40 after fees, which I wasn't at all upset about because I get to see At the loving Drive In.

Do you though? It's a possibility. It's also very possible they won't feel like playing that night. Fool me once ATDI...

• Locked thread