Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Welp, I'm no longer bummed that I never got that ATDI reunion show ticket.

No Jim, no At The Drive-In. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jesus Christ you guys are fickle.

It's not like they replaced the bassist or drummer. Jim founded the band and was a huge part of their sound. He was a member even before Omar joined. ATDI was very much a product of his creativity, along with Omar and Cedric of course. Now the ATDI reunion (or "reignition", as Cedric recently spun it) is just the Mars Volta joined by a new drummer and the guy that joined Sparta for their last (underrated, imo) record replacing Jim playing ATDI covers. I will admit, Keeley Davis sings almost exactly like Jim and he's a good guitarist too, so the shows will most likely be good shows, but I think it's a little in bad taste to call this At The Drive-In without Jim (or Omar or Cedric).

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Decades posted:

It sounds like he wasn't aware there was a reunion tour planned for starters

Wait what

Is there more info available other than the official band announcement?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Just have that guy that isn't Jim play the show with four guys that aren't in the band either play some ATDI covers, problem solved.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The lack of Jim Ward is too glaring for me.

• Locked thread