Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HELL.

YEAH.

quote:

So far, ATDI have confirmed two festival gigs for May: Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio, and Shaky Knees in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional details are expected later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo. Yeah, in my excitement I forgot to post the link :downs: Haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw man, the closest date to here is at Shaky Knees and that's at least 6 hours away :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just remembered the best title this thread could've had but didn't and I got sad:

No Music Discussion > New At The Drive-In 2016: Are You All Typically White People?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

At The Drive-In Shows To Be Attended Entirely By Ticket-Purchasing Robots

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jim Ward, like everyone else, forgot Sparta was a thing and conveniently remembered just in time to use it as an excuse to get out of doing the reunion.

New Sparta material on the way!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Henchman of Santa posted:

Setlist from Chicago. Spoiler tagged for people that prefer surprises (not that anything on here is very unexpected.

Arcarsenal
Pattern Against User
Cosmonaut
300 MHz
Lopsided
Invalid Litter Dept.
Enfilade
198d
Pickpocket
Non-Zero Possibility
Sleepwalk Capsules
Quarantined
Napoleon Solo
Catacombs
---
One Armed Scissor

So basically they're playing every single song I want them to

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Governed by Contagions loving rules and holds up upon multiple listens, but Incurably Innocent just did absolutely nothing for me :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

angrygodofjebus posted:

Pre-sale for Chicago is today and after fees tickets are loving $60 lol
I got tickets to their New Orleans date at the end of this month and the ticket was $40 after fees, which I wasn't at all upset about because I get to see At the loving Drive In.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Decades posted:

Do you though? It's a possibility. It's also very possible they won't feel like playing that night. Fool me once ATDI...
I managed to see Death Grips live in 2015 so anything's possible :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw them in New Orleans tonight. Front row. It loving ruled. Setlist was the stuff dreams are made of, and I got one at the end!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Thanks for sharing. Probably my least favorite of the new songs, but hey, new ATDI
:same:

It's still on track to be the album I listen to the most this year. Hell, I didn't care much for Incurably Innocent when that came out but I've completely come around on that one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy New At The Drive-In Eve!

New song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSzxXW-Cqg

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

3 tracks in and this is pretty loving great so far. Those vocals on Continuum, holy hell

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm 26 and got into ATDI like a decade ago, after I'd already been into The Mars Volta for a couple years, so it's not like I'd been waiting for this since the day RoC dropped or anything. I knew going into it that it wouldn't be RoC, but then again, nothing is except RoC. That said, this is pretty good for what I expected it to be. I wish there were some drat backing vocals though. And that there were some slower or at least different tempo tracks. But there are several great songs on the album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Would it be wrong to say that the Antemasque album is a better At the Drive-In album than the actual new At the Drive-In album? I feel like it’s got a better hit to miss ratio & more energy & diversity than Interalia does.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I mean it's not like either one has Jim Ward, but at least Antemasque has Flea & has more going on in it. It's like if The Mars Volta made a succinct prog/punk album. It's certainly more memorable than the last couple Volta records, and every song sounds pretty distinct, which is more than I can say for Interalia.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 6, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For those that dislike the album, do you at least like the 2-3 singles released prior?
I think my issue with the album is that, the more I listen to it, I realize the singles they put out before the album are far and away the best songs on it. Like Governed by Contagions is seriously one of my favorite songs they've ever put out, and Incurably Innocent gets better every time I hear it, but they kinda blew their load too early because several of the other tracks on the album aren't nearly as powerful as those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They're the musical guest on Kimmel tonight. Set your DVRs! Or, you know, just wait til it goes up on YouTube and watch it there.

• Locked thread