Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«323 »
Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I like keeping our country safe.

i support the people's republic of lf and wanna make my support clear and emphatic by posting about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fully Automated
Luxury Space Dog

My favorite bit from the 96 election is that Yeltsin had a 90+% population turnout in Chechnya, which at the time was still at the tail end of the First Chechen War, and absolutely everyone there hated Yeltsin's guts.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I have personally flown Migs for Assad the Lion

I'm the chief manufacturer of barrels in the Levant

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

My favorite bit from the 96 election is that Yeltsin had a 90+% population turnout in Chechnya, which at the time was still at the tail end of the First Chechen War, and absolutely everyone there hated Yeltsin's guts.

didnt putin manage more than 100% awhile ago, or exactly 100%

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

99.76% apparently, drat

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Top City Homo posted:

I still donít understand how that drunk piece of poo poo became president instead of being hanged off a street lamp

I don't know how he got elected in the first place, but I think Clinton rigged the election for him in 96 to keep him in power so international oligarchs could swindle the population

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ha ha

R. Guyovich posted:

he was gonna lose to the communists and get thrown in jail probably but billions in oligarch/imf money and fraud kept him in office

yanks 2 the rescue

R. Guyovich
Feb 23, 2010

the hardliners lost their balls in '91, also

e: and gorby was born without them, i think

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2017 around 06:14

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

YOU DON'T DESERVE
A BREAK TODAY

Lipstick Apathy

in retrospect i wish the hardliners had succeeded in their coup and crushed all opposition

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

I'm not fat I'm big buffed

does anyone in this thread have any good books recs on Salvador Allende and the Chilean coup in general?

yes Iím aware that modern communists donít actually read

R. Guyovich
Feb 23, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

in retrospect i wish the hardliners had succeeded in their coup and crushed all opposition

they should have; the anti-democratic nature of yeltsin's reorganization was revealed when he started shelling the white house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

YOU DON'T DESERVE
A BREAK TODAY

Lipstick Apathy

i also liked how in the new blade runner the USSR never collapsed and there are ads for holographic ballerinas titled SOVIET HAPPY

SOVIET HAPPY

«323 »