Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Alexeythegreat posted:

Well, unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as it would have if it were isolated. During the Hagalaz fight that blinding effect usually means that you're dead

If memory serves, we were asked to submit our suggestions for abilities before we even got to play the demo with the ice jotun, so we were all pretty much flying blind when it came to designing stuff. It was originally meant to be a kind of "charge up" ability for the fire jotun, where it would blind/stun you if you were too close to the boss when it went off, though after playing the game I don't think that would have been much better since Thora moves pretty slowly.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/em81ikze20lymex/Script.docx?dl=0
A little bit, or a lot bit slow, but I still have things to say about the game :v:
Anything I'm forgetting?

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
I was looking at the game page for this (as part of an exciting internet argument) and noticed that they've released a patch.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/323580/announcements/detail/969771144907472444

Doesn't sound like it will fix everything, but if it increases Thora's walk speed and adjusts some of the more irritating sound effects, it might make the overall play experience a little less painful.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Huh. Thanks for poining it out!

I'll check it out and report back

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Latest patch trip report, as promised!

Also, gegi, if you don't mind me asking, what was the argument about that it required you to look up the page for this game? I'm curious

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
It was related to a discussion about That Dragon Cancer and whether Let's Plays are destructive to the sales of narrative games specifically, so I was talking about different reactions to watching people play different kinds of games, and how and why they raised or lowered my interest in playing the game myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah that seems like a small improvement
Emphasis on small.

• Locked thread