Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Post
  • Reply
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

Click for music.

This is what we get for not instilling a sense of urgency in our company.

The waves of revulsion hit me first, followed by the screams of the house guards echoing through the night like a bomb going off. As the screams pick up and intensify a sense of dread washes over me, I'm not sure what's about to happen next but I can be sure it won't be pleasant.

I open the door to the meeting as another guard screams out his death throes, judging by the look on everyone's face I really didn't need to say anything to get my point across, but I did anyways. "I don't know what just happened, but the mob has gone feral. We're leaving right now., " I look to Iseppo and address him directly, nodding to his cane "I hope you know how to use your blade, because it looks like we're fighting our way out of here. We've got a ride out of here unless you want to stay for the riot."

I run back to the balcony and take a peek over the side to see if any of the masked thugs have made their way inside yet. Not certain as to what sort of armaments the crowd would have I take precaution and grab one of the nearby gaming tables. I flip it up on its side and shove it over to the balcony ledge, giving me cover overlooking the ground floor. I shout down to the ground floor "Thunder? Lightning? We've got to leave, you guys need to come with us so you don't get stuck with the spoilsports."

Looking back to the others filing out of the privacy room I point over to the bar and yell out "There's a shotgun in the bar, someone grab it."

I pull my pistols out of their holsters and wait for the others to catch up.

---

Everyone's free to read/act upon my last spoiler text. The shotgun is probably worthwhile to Aperta since he's got SP training and it's probably more handy in close quarters/mobile moving compared to the long las or hand cannon. I'm going to use my pistols for suppression fire.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at May 17, 2016 around 16:37

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - Meeting Room


Aperta pays little attention to the meeting, he had really only joined as a show that Ignatius and Eadin had the implicit support of the Mechanicus anyway, and instead focuses on keeping an eye on events in and around the building. And he grows more and more concerned as he continues to watch the developing situation outside, particularly as it comes to a violent and bloody head.

Suddenly the room they're in feels oppressively small and closed in. What was this building made out of, wood and plascrete? How could anyone survive without at least 25 meters of adamantine hull plating protecting them? Such thoughts begin to fill Aperta's head, distracting him.

It's almost a relief when Bulworth crashes into the room, demanding people move. And Aperta is only too happy to oblige.

"I believe I can provide the most optimal route to our vessel." He says, with just a hint of excited panic in his otherwise monotone voice as he follows Bulworth closely, eager to be out of the room.

As he surveys the balcony and lower floor he contacts his familiar. <Cogitatio, retrieve the data-jack and return to me immediately. Initiate primary combat protocol Sigma Pi, retain secondary auspex routines.> He bleats in binaric into his comms.

Below his faithful floating skull-servitor unplugs the spike from the wall port with its manipulators and floats as quickly as its grav-plates allow back to its customary position behind its master's shoulder. With a series of heavy clacks and whirs the barrel of Cogitatio's micro-cannon extends from it's right socket while it's left eye scans for hostiles.

_____________________

Basically just moving out of the room with Bulworth and getting ready for any potential fight. I have a floor plan and a good idea of where the mob currently is, so I'm guessing that's a Logic test to determine the fastest and safest way out? If so, I have Logic +10 and will spend a Fate Point to auto-succeeded with 4 DoS if I botch it. I'll also be using my Auspex implant to keep tabs on what's ahead of us before we enter any room.

Eadin or Ignatius can take the shotgun, I'm more accurate with my hand cannon.



pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All

Weapons:
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S| Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 5/5

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
The Rookery Party Back Room
Port Remonstrance


Just for a moment, Ignatius' gaze fixes on nothing in particular, listening to events unfold over his hidden comms. He still nods, Iseppo is going on about submersibles or something, and a moment later is smiling back, with a little shrug. "To be honest, I don't know much about subsurface naval operations. I suppose you could propose something to the higher-ups once they're here."

By the time Bullworth bursts in, Ignatius is already reassuring himself that the familiar weight of his pistol is in the right place, rising from his seat, and sipping off the very last gulp of his amasec.

"I assure you, Iseppo, that my colleague is not exaggerating. You are of course free to utilize whatever alternative exits you might have planned, but, ah, if our modest little vessel - it's right outside, at the nearest dock - if our modest little vessel would be of any use to you, you are cordially invited of course. Along with Messers Thunder and Lightning, of course, and anyone else you'd care to bring. Only, we are going now, and so, if you care to join us, I'm terribly sorry but I must insist there can be no further delay."

Ignatius' little speech is delivered calmly but quickly, as he pulls out his pistol, checks the safety, visually sweeps the room to make sure no personal items are being left behind, and then makes for the door.

Ignatius would prefer to follow behind Iseppo, if the man is coming, but will use personal urgency to impress upon Iseppo that it's time to go regardless. I'm thinking being rapidly left behind would not make Iseppo very comfortable and that's the only alternative I want to give him.

I don't particularly want the shotgun. If either Thunder or Lightning are present, perhaps we can give it to one of them. Show of trust.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE


Eadian Valarius
Port Remonstrance
The Rookery Party


Eadian speaks with the urgency of a man who has had to reassure assets before Trust us my good man, you should come with us, it would be for the best and we can keep you safe. Bring your men as well they could be helpful. I would suggest however that you stick close to us Eadian looks at the cane Incidentally, he is right. I am not concerned for what reason you play with that cane but we will keep your secret in the interest of us all living until tomorrow. What a way to cement our partnership! Eadian trys to keep the mood light but urgent, giving Isseppo the feeling he has more to gain by coming with us. He checks his hand flamer to ensure all is well.


----------------------

I'm not good with shotguns I don't think so i agree with Ignatius that we should give it to him or his men, unless i'm wrong about that we definitely want him on that boat with us.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery Party Back Room

Having been paying little attention to the detail of the conversation Gamma struggles to contain her reaction to the sudden onset of violence, barely catching her rising dinner in her mouth with one hand and clinging to her staff for support with the other as the psychic backlash washes over her. She catches her breath while the others begin to organize the escape, mumbling and absentmindedly wiping vomit on her robes

"Blood...all they want is blood. Should have sensed it. Going to be bad"

As soon as her hand is dry her las-pistol appears with alarming speed. Choking back fear she trots after Bulworth without even sparing a look at Iseppo.

Going to drop warp perception at this stage

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - Outside the Meeting Room


Aperta takes a moment to spare a glance towards Gamma as she stumbles out of the terrifyingly small room behind them. The tech-priest can't be sure, he doesn't have time to run a full diagnostic on the Psyker at the moment, but he believes she may be unwell.

"Are you operating at an acceptable level of efficiency, Madam Gamma?" he asks in a flat deadpan, although there may be a hint of concern in his voice as well. It's difficult to tell.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery Party - Abomination

Gamma stares blankly at Aperta, then nods.

"Eh? Oh, yes. Acceptable."

She offers a weak smile.

"I think something I ate disagrees with me."

A transparent lie, but no-one likes unpleasant truths at a party.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



Abomination, cont.
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa6q_hffg_w

Steam's still rising from the torn remnants pooling in the entrance to the club. High-heeled boot and flimsy plimsoll slip and skitter in the gore as the mob push their way inside the building. Aperta, not one for body language at the best of times, can nevertheless detect a certain set of the jaw and a grinding of the teeth. What must be blood is visible dripping from the mouths of those currently bellowing silently on the vidfeed, from where they have champed and gnashed at their lips and tongue in their agitation. He is not altogether unwilling to detach his skull from the vidfeed.

Most of the club-goers aren't in the habit of tapping into security feeds, and what remains of the house security detail haven't yet recovered their wits enough to take action. Once the mob storms the main area, they'll tear into the crowd like a cleaver.

Iseppo reddens visibly as Bulworth and Eadian casually refer to his concealed weapon. He draws himself up to respond, but the Arbite is out of the meeting room already before he can get the words out. The noble makes do with some muttered remarks about "decorum" and "place", and appears to be more concerned with the insult than the mob outside. This is probably because he's not actually seen any evidence of it outside of his fretting bodyguards - and bodyguards are paid to fret - and the blood-curdling screams from a few seconds before. And really, what's a night on the town without a few screams?

Ignatius manages to talk him down, however. It seems the idea of being left behind in uncertain circumstances holds some traction, and besides, Iseppo's still not certain this isn't some sort of advanced negotiation tactic. He still wants those submersibles, and so, after some dithering, tags along. Ignatius and Eadian emerge from the corridor of private rooms, unwilling to continue talks under such circumstances, as the noble limps behind. Thunder and Lightning are nowhere to be seen, the one presumably still looking for the other downstairs.

Bulworth, in the meantime, has skirted the crowd and formed a makeshift sniper's nest up on the balcony overlooking the lower floor. From here he can see most of the goings-on in the club - the crowd upstairs still seem to be fighting and squabbling among themselves, the servo-skull almost forgotten in amidst the general furore, whereas the crowd downstairs simply seem drunk, drugged and desperate. Guns in hand, he motions irritatedly across the gameroom floor to his comrades, so near and yet so far.

Aperta's taken up station next to Bulworth behind his barricade. Cogitatio buzzes overhead, barrel of his integrated slugthrower extended and clacking ominously. The Techpriest studies his floorplans briefly before identifying the best route through to the back of the building and relaying it to the rest of the acolytes; he also notes the location of the main staff barracks, and realises that once comms is reestablished by the guards currently holed up in the security room, there'll probably be a bunch more security on hand. It looks like they'd probably come out into the club floor... here.

Gamma, weakened as she is, hurries to catch up with her two comrades, club foot dragging behind her. She lurks by the bar area where the shotgun languishes unclaimed.

Below the cell, the human wave's about to hit. The Acolytes must act, and act fast.


UPSTAIRS MAP


DOWNSTAIRS MAP
----

welp, welcome to Bataclan 40k

so everyone's starting points are on the map. setting this up has not been one round's actions, but the timeframe's been a bit loose as we've been in narrative time so it's cool.

apparently ignatius has secretly convinced orokos to roll 1d10s for skill checks or something because i continue to do incredibly good rolls each time he does a skilltest. iseppo is convinced to come along in fairly short order, although he does not appreciate being bluntly called out on his deception with the sword-cane and his disposition has dropped. there's been a bit of a conversation between iseppo, ignatius and eadian so they've only just left the room.

aperta, by contrast, has no such luck. he flubs a logic roll, converting it into a Super Success via fate. he has indeed plotted the best route out - it's through the fuckin' service exits, duh. however, whichever service exit you all go for will end up being the best one to go for once you get into the service area, by fortuitous happenstance. aperta has also identified the likely ingress location of the other guards, who've just been called away from horrible gastrointestinal distress and will now form a feculent phalanx. pick a service entrance location - this will spawn a group of guards in a couple of rounds, which may help corral the crowd or fight against the mob.

also your Logic roll informs you that you probably don't need to waste a half-action before entering each room on auspexing unless you specifically want to check for something other than ravening maniacs, as going off the floorplan they probably won't have found an ingress that way yet. although it may be worth doing so before leaving the building. i mean, it's just common sense.

maps -
  • each square is 1m. icons are a little bigger than each square for readability; should it become important what square they occupy, a red dot will be placed on 'em to indicate this. whatever square the dot's in, that's where you stand.
  • red lines are doors. they do not hinder movement but block LoS until they are thrown open. they provide 4AP cover (this is not much) as well as concealment
  • purple is the mob. end your turn touching that, you're gonna get hit. a lot.
  • cyan is the crowd. this is Difficult Terrain to all except Hiveborn; it's a jam-packed panicking or fighting mass of people. you Run or Charge through it, then it's a -20 AG (Acrobatics can be substituted) test or go Prone at an arbitrarily-decided point. if they panic - i.e. are no longer Oblivious - and you're in the middle, you might start taking hits. if you're Prone and you get trampled, welp, hope you got some fate points left.
  • yellow is the guards. Difficult Terrain again. end your turn between them and the mob, you're gonna get a blast of suppressing fire come your way as stray bullets zip and zing around you. end your turn in the guards, no problem outside of the Difficult Terrain tests! no panic attacks from these guys.
  • tables etc don't block or hinder your movement. you can take cover behind them though if you want, and indeed may be forced to if you get suppressed
  • upstairs stage to the east is 2m high. there are previously-mentioned walkways above the tables and stage which are 3m in the air. these need a +0 Acrobatics check to mount (from a table or the stage) but allow you to travel from table to table without falling foul of the crowd
  • service area is the next section - once you're there, we zip to the rear of the building for you to catch your boat. there will be a small number of rounds delay while you do this, but thanks to Aperta it is smaller than it could have been.

we are now in structured time. you have two half-actions per round; if you're confused, head to the OOC thread. remember, you can move your AG bonus in metres as a half-action move, twice your AG bonus in metres as a full-action move, three times your AG bonus in metres as a Charge (and attack someone at the end), and six times your AG bonus in metres as a Run. iseppo is still gimping along at AG bonus 2.

initiative order is players, NPCs, mob, guards, then crowd. we're not rolling initiative yet

attacks against the amorphous groups are auto-hits, except for jams etc. assume a TN of 100 with no modifiers if you need to determine DoS.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at May 29, 2016 around 22:14

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery Party - Abomination

The psychic miasma of the mob's feverish rage leeches through the walls and floor, giving Gamma flashes of synesthesia as her Warp-enhanced perception fades - are those people or colours? Does something smell...purple? Her pistol disappears back into her coat as she scurries behind the bar, ignoring the disapproving squawks of the vending staff, steals the shotgun and whatever shells are to hand, and then skitters away towards Aperta before anyone can object.

Now out of Iseppo's earshot she updates the team on her concerns over the microbead link:

"The attackers are under some kind of warp influence. They won't stop while they live. Don't try to threaten them, just kill or run."

Double move, free action to holster a weapon, free? action to pick up the shotgun? free action to talk.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
Upstairs
The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


Ignatius scans the room, listening to comms, and glances back once to confirm Iseppo is following. Cutting straight through the milling crowd of drunk nobility would be no problem for him, but Iseppo has multiple hinderences: his limp (if it's real), his hesitance, and perhaps most importantly, the strong likelihood someone will interrupt him and try to have a conversation.

There's no obvious way up onto the stage, and in any case that might make things worse, so Ignatius leads the group along the wall, skirting the crowd and aiming to meet up with the rest of the crew.
"The situation downstairs is deteriorating rapidly, and will spread upstairs within minutes" Ignatius comments politely to the elderly Deculon, "But we have little choice of exit. We will make a path and keep you safe, sir, and in a few minutes we'll be enjoying refreshments aboard our boat."

I want to go into the main upper floor room, but skirt along the north wall heading westward, and then at the corner, turn south and meet up near the upstairs bar. I don't want to get too far ahead of Iseppo, so if he's taking full actions of 4 meters each, I'll take full actions moving at about 4.5 meters each, (so after six full action rounds I'll be about three meters ahead of him).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn


The Tech-Priest wastes no time, and heads as quickly as he can towards the south-east service entrance.

____________

Making a run action to move as far as possible towards the aforementioned south-east service entrance.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



Exsanguination
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_5unoZTpoQ

Bulworth and Eadian dither awkwardly, poised on the cusp of action, as Gamma scoops up the abandoned weapon from behind the bar counter and scurries to the cover of the makeshift sniper nest.

Ignatius hustles along, somewhere between a fast jog and a sprint, as Iseppo tap-taps behind him. He gives the impression of moving as fast as he can, but, knowing what he does about Iseppo's sham limp, Ignatius can see that the Deculon is not even breathing hard. The crowd presses together some feet away, but close to the wall, the pair of them are able to weave their way between the odd straggler or passed-out drunkard with ease.

Squeezing through the mass of bodies would be slow, but an option. Passage via charm or silvered tongue would allow movement at top speed, but would probably be a little on the tricky side. Passage via brute force, warning shot, or shock maul would be practically trivial, but would, of course, come with its own problems a little further down the line. On the other hand, that assumes that there will be survivors...

Aperta, sensitive to the growing time pressure, decides the time to act is upon him, and simply books it down the stairs to his chosen exit point, chattering briefly down his commbead to coordinate with the rest of his cell. Cogitatio bobs gently behind him, combat barrel at full extension, as the techpriest slows, briefly, reaching the outskirts of the densely-packed crowd outside. Uncertain as to whether he can feasibly barge his way through - his heavy flak armour nearly counteracts his spindly voidborn form, but while there's a lot of chin missing from the bunch in front of him, there's also a fair amount of muscle in the form of retainers or bodyguards.

Across from Aperta, in the darkened club area on the lower floor, the front doors shatter like matchsticks. Gamma and Bulworth have a perfect view of the screaming, bloody-mouthed mob storming the entrance like fashionista berserkers, filigreed canes grasped in fine-nailed fists and elegant, crimsoned duelling rapiers clutched tightly overhead. They are upon the club patrons in seconds. Some die without ever turning their heads to their attackers; others form the first indications of lugubrious surprise before having their lives torn from them. A fat, waistcoated nobleman with face contorted by rage slams a splintered tableleg through the throat of his victim; a pair of tattooed women take ornamental scrimshawed krises to the face of another. The floor is by turns sticky and slippery beneath their feet.

The house guards barrel from the guardroom out onto the main floor, hefting blocky shotguns, stunners and clubs. They alternate between apparently screaming into earpieces and screaming at the crowd to clear the area. The guards may be panicky, but this isn't their first rodeo - the first indications of a firing line begin to coalesce, although quite how willing they'd be to lay down their lives for the benefit of their clientèle is an open question.

Perhaps a more expedient approach to crowd control will be settled on.


top! click for big


bottom! click for big


---

so. bulworth and eadian Hold their actions for now, although if you get them in over the next couple days i can retcon them. deathsandwich has mentioned he ain't able to post so much at the moment, so fine, but deathclock has started on Eadian, who has a few rounds of inaction left before suicide. post or die.

gamma retrieves, scampers. she has a shotgun in her offhand or on her back, whichever's more convenient.

iseppo does an AB 2 Run action, and ignatius jogs gently in front of him. again, iseppo can be chivvied into using his full AG bonus, and may in fact do so of his own accord if given pressing reason to.

aperta runs; there's still 3m of your Run move left if you want to actually barge through the crowd, but it's a -20 AG test to not go sprawling so the call is yours. you have not explicitly mentioned in this thread which exit the other guards are gonna come out of. game stuff needs to be in game thread even if it's just italics at the bottom of an unrelated post.

the mob comes in and starts carving up the civilian crowd, which takes a surprise round and does nothing except goggle a bit. the guards spill out onto the dancefloor and begin shouting for the crowd to MOVE. it is fairly apparent that next round they will fire.

i'm real hungover so i may have forgotten stuff. shout if anything's unclear

if at any point it becomes apparent that you can escape without any danger, we'll just snap to the next scene. ways to do this are varied, but involve a clear route to an exit and no-one actively trying to kill you specifically.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery Party - Exsanguination


"Stop gawking and run!"

Gamma sounds a little panicky on the com channel as she follows her own advice, hightailing it down to stand by Aperta with her coat flapping behind her and newly acquired shotgun at the ready

"Malbau, Valerius, move Iseppo up or we are going to lose him!"

Run action to catch up to Aperta

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

Panic in the Disco Gambling Hall

All hell breaks loose in the main hall as the crowd swarms in like a pack of ravenous beasts, blades at the ready and murder in their eyes. It didn't take long for the guards to respond in kind, lining up to violently put down this crazed mob. Doesn't take a genius to understand that my perch downrange from the guards was going to be a very bad place to be in very short order. I holster my gun for the moment, if we start firing into the crazed mob the crossfire could make the guards think we're also a threat.

The best I can hope for is us getting clear of this place as quickly as possible. Gamma and Aperta are already making a break for it, but our flight from this place is for naught if our subject gets caught in the crowd and torn to shreds. Taking a look at the panic down below it's obvious that going through the partygoers is probably not going to be the best option, especially when the upstairs catches wind of what's happening. After a quick though of the situation, it seems that going above the crowd would probably be the best option to get around unmolested. I grab a nearby chair and try to boost myself up onto the catwalk.

---
Taking the acrobatics roll to try and get up to the catwalk under the hopes I can help pull Iseppo/Eadian/Ignatius up here to bypass the crowd at least momentarily. Acrobatics is trained so I'm rolling flat agility. If I'm allowed to use my previous round's action to do that then this current round will be me (if successful on the acrobatics roll, mind) running over to Iseppo/Ignatus and trying to help them up as well.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - First Floor Chaos


Aperta does his best to try and ease his way through the crowd by using his staff to try and gently part the sea of bodies, but to no avail. Things only become worse as the angry horde from outside very suddenly makes its bloody entrance. The Tech-Priest winces as for a split-second as his brain is flooded with IFF designations from Cogitatio.

+++Hostile designated. Hostile designated. Hostile designHostile desiHostileHostileHostileHostileHostHo+++

Aperta dismisses the distracting info from his primary processes and brings up the floor schematics. Behind the wall next to him was a small private room that led to the service areas. The crowd is too thick, too agitated and panicked to move through quickly and safely, the acolytes need a more direct route.

The tech-priests reaches into his robes and removes to vials from one of his many pockets. "Cogitatio: agent dispersal function Alpha." The skull dutifully floats to his master's hand allowing Aperta to slot the vials into the servitor's underside. Opening it's jaw, Cogitatio begins to spray an aerosolized mist of chemicals, industrial bio-solvents, upon the wall as Aperta quickly utters the Litany of Strong Reactions and an additional prayer for misusing blessed materials in such a manner.

The sprayed unguents immediately begin to foam and emit a thick blue-green smoke as the solvents eat at the barrier.

"Lady Gamma, I believe a few rounds will be sufficient to weaken the wall and allow our egress." Aperta says, motioning towards the gun she carries.

______________________


Using a vial of Sacred Unguents to weaken the wall next to me so we can break through it. I'll even try a Strength check to break it by myself if I have the action for it. If weakening the wall is some sort of check, I'll spend a Fate Point to reroll it if I fail.

Additional Security is going to burst from the Northwest service entrance right abooooout... NOW!



pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 5/5 | Reload: 2Full

Who What Now fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2016 around 21:12

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
Upstairs
The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


This was not working. The strong priority of allowing Iseppo to believe that he was successfully manipulating the Inquisition acolytes was, unfortunately, clearly overridden by the stronger priority of not allowing Iseppo to be torn apart by a violent mob.

Ignatius halted midstride, whirling around, and fixing Iseppo Deculon with a vacant look - actually staring at a point a few inches above and past the man's left shoulder. Entirely unnecessarily, but for additional effect, Ignatius' jammed his left index finger into his left ear, the universal gesture of a person trying to hear a comm bead over the noise of a crowd. He gave it two seconds, the interval coincidentally filled by Gamma clearly agreeing with his own assessment, and then refocused on Iseppo's face.

"The situation downstairs is out of control and there are already a dozen fatalities," he half yelled, just as the Deculon caught up with him. "It'll be upstairs in moments, and if we're not past this crowd to the staircase by then, we are not going to get out. I'm sorry, sir, if it hurts to do so, but we have to run." Ignatius starts shoving into the upstairs crowd at a direct angle for the stairs, leading with the right shoulder, keeping the pistol in his right hand below the eye level of the milling party-goers, glancing back to add, "If you can make it to the stairs, Bullworth and I can carry you from there! Run!"

As he starts plowing through the upper crust, Ignatius projects his voice: "Clear a path! Coming through! Step aside, please, move!"

Ignatius is trying to give Iseppo an excuse to maintain his pantomime of frailty - he can pretend like running on his "bad leg" hurts or whatever - but Ignatius is going to move at his maximum speed through the crowd regardless, and assume that Iseppo will keep up. If he gets to the top of the stairs and Iseppo isn't still tailing him, then the crew can do what they can to hold back the mob and/or go back for him.

If Bullworth makes it onto the catwalk, Ignatius will point him out to Iseppo and tell Iseppo that Bullworth is going to give us clearing fire if we need it.

Ignatius is also trying not to directly panic the upstairs crowd as they push through, but he's also not really concealing his gun, just keeping it low - the tendency when someone shoves towards you is to look at their face, not what they're holding at waist level.

I think Command works here, for clearing a path? Ignatius will use a fate point if he fails a Command test to make the crowd part, using Sway the Masses to succeed by WP bonus of 3.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 4/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



Chelation
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dlIEeb4Pl0

Bulworth leaps into action - pretty literally. Glancing upwards, he leaps and grabs the catwalk directly above him. Flips and jumps may not be his stock-in-trade, but he's got leg muscles like teak and within seconds he's up onto the catwalk, leaving Gamma below him. Righting himself, he sprints over the heads of the gormless crowd, towards Ignatius and Iseppo.

For her part, Gamma hurtles down the stairs at a fair clip, leading with the pistol and shotgun held low behind her. She thuds into the wall next to Aperta, who is busy tearing off the wallpaper with mechanical fingers as Cogitatio applies some hissing, fizzing unguent to the bare brickwork. It appears to be weakening with remarkable speed, but will need significant amounts of force to get a hole big enough to squeeze through.

Eadian continues to dither aimlessly as Ignatius and Iseppo attempt to make their way to the stairs. Bulworth appears on the catwalk nearby, gesturing for the two nobles to grab his hands and be hauled up, but Ignatius takes the opportunity to express relief that covering fire has arrived. The sight of the Arbite's mismatched pistols drawn and ready for action, more than anything else, seems to get through to Iseppo, and as Ignatius clears a path through the squabbling crowd with nothing but the set of his expression and an authoritative bearing, the Deculon begins to move at full speed. A few pained winces and some obvious mugging appear to be part of the package, but, unfortunately, a full-out sprint does not.

The mob makes short work of the defenceless crowd on the ground floor and begins to make bloody inroads, presumably seeking out the dance floor. A few members of the crowd, whether hemmed in by their fellows, made bold by drink, or simply being made of sterner stuff than their friends, push back against the bloody-mouthed maniacs, slowing their progress.

Unfortunately, the press also makes it difficult for the party-goers to get out of the line of fire of the house guards; white-faced and sweating, whatever passes for their shift commander gives the order, and a barrage of heavy shot fills the air with screaming. Several members of the mob are shredded by the blasts, but so are several members of the crowd. The civilians will doubtless look to take any route out of the bloodbath the main club floor has become; any at all.


upstairs!


downstairs!

http://i.imgur.com/eBhlwrw.jpg
lady's chamber!

---

scrun- wait, wrong thread

bulworth gets up onto the catwalks with a standing jump (best use of his delayed half-action; he's near enough the bar area for me to not care about getting onto the right square) and a successful acrobatics roll. next round he sprints over to the central, northernmost table to help Iseppo and Ignatius up onto the catwalks.

gamma runs; aperta goos (no roll required, but mark off some of your unguents). as mentioned in OOC thread, +0 Strength or a shock maul/shotgun attack at point blank to bash it open. resultant hole will be difficult terrain; another attack will make it passable with no problems

eadian does dick; ignatius commands and persuades iseppo. Command is not normally used in this sort of situation, as you don't actually have authority over these nobles; command is used to make your squad charge the machine gun nest. however, given context and given that it is literally identical to your Charm roll, i'll let you use it.

basically it's a hilarious failure of 97, i.e. about 6DoF. sway the masses brings it to 3DoS though, and the crowd parts. iseppo's disposition test is a success; he picks up the pace a bit and full-moves at a regular 6m pace. doesn't Run. realistically he'd have to delay his move until the crowd took their turn and opened up a passage for him, only allowing a half-move, so i'm being nice and splitting the difference between half- and run- moves.

if the upstairs crowd gets spooked and you're caught in the gap, you'll get trampled Symplegades-style. shoulda sent a dove through first

mob does its killing thing, but not particularly well this round. crowd move a bit and get shot by the guards who gently caress up amusingly and almost leave more civilians dead than mob-members.

second guard squad has arrived, straight into the tangled northern chunk of civvies, and inches from the mob.

next round, crowd will probably panic and flee upstairs as it's the only space for them to move into that isn't into people who are killing them. innate respect for mechanicus people and weird dwarves with shotguns (how shadowrun) will not stop them sweeping aperta and gamma along with them. to stop this you either want some sort of way of intimidating them away from you, or for gamma to shotgun the wall to bits and aperta to dive through, leaving the psyker to be heroically trampled. or opposed strength tests or other bright ideas, w/e

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2016 around 19:49

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE


[quote="AcidRonin" post="460271068"]
Eadian Valarius
Port Remonstrance
The Rookery Party


I will bring up the rear for us [b/] Eadian comes down behind Ignatius and Iseppo [b] fret not, we will get out of this alive!



----------------------

I just want to not die, so I want to help with the "people running up the loving staircase situation" is that something i can help with?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

From where I'm standing up on the catwalks I still have a good enough view of the fight downstairs to know it's not going well, and that everyone seems to be clamoring over themselves to run in the direction of the chaos. Last I checked it was a bad idea to protect someone by running them toward the bloodthirsty mob shrieking bloody murder at the world.

It was time to find another way out.

Luckily, my high vantage point gave me a chance to spot a nearby set of heavy ceiling-to-floor curtains that could be used to climb out a window egress. I can only hope my compatriots can hear me over the chaos and din in the area as I activate my combead and speak up.

"You're running right into a bloodbath down there Ignatius, by the time you get to Gamma and Aperta the crowd will have trampled you or the mob will have stabbed you to death. I've got another idea, come with me."

I take a running leap at the curtain, hoping to pull them loose from the supports up top without tearing the whole thing in half.

----

Taking an acrobatics test to try and pull down a set of curtains for something the others can climb down to escape. Will fate point a reroll if the first attempt fails.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
Upstairs
The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


Ignatius trots forward a few yards and then almost cartoonishly skids to a halt, his left finger back in his ear. "Downstairs is cut off," he declares in the general direction of Iseppo. "We're going out a back window. Bulworth... is getting us a rope, it looks like. Let's go!" He hopes to hell Bulworth is right, but the man has a better view, and as the former Arbites dives for the curtains, Ignatius thinks he knows what it is.

Ignatius is going to turn and head back towards the back rooms, hopefully bringing Iseppo with him. If they get separated it'll probably be up to Eadian in the rear to get Iseppo turned in the right direction. I'll go through the crowd if possible, or around if necessary.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 3/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2016 around 17:10

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery Party - Exsanguination

With the panicking crowd and blood-mad mob breathing down her neck Gamma braces the hefty shotgun and blasts at the weakened wall, the powerful fragmentation effect of the Amputator rounds sending thin wooden shards and caustic unguents rocketing across the room beyond. Wincing from the recoil she considers the effect. It makes a decent hole for her to escape, but taller Aperta and his bulky armour might have a harder time. She gestures with the shotgun for Aperta to pass through.

"After you, Master Ignavus. I'll see if I can get us some breathing room"


Then she reaches out with her mutant mind to the table a few yards away, the the same one she had been playing at prophecy with the rubes earlier. The candles flicker dangerously close to the alcohol soaked tablecloth. It's a simple matter of twisting local physics to allow the fire to burn down instead of up, igniting ethanol vapor in a spectacular display.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2016 around 02:09

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - First Floor Chaos


The tech-priest gives a hasty nod of his head in thanks and pushes his way through makeshift hole into the next room, Cogitatio following closely behind.

"I will ensure the the way ahead is clear for our escape." He calls over his shoulder as he moves through the cramped room.

______________________________

I'll move to the next room. Not much else I can do at this time.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 5/5 | Reload: 2Full

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



Redecoration
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcDUQf1Hg_k

Scarlet billows, starts to spread. Ripping, tearing, and encarmine scattering appears to be the order of the day, so Bulworth, possibly slightly crazed by the escalating situation, decides that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. With expert balance, he backpedals a few steps and holsters his pistols before dashing forward and launching himself obliquely at the wall, a palmed shard of glass from the bar at the ready. On his descent he seizes one of the heavy drapes that cover the walls, floor to ceiling, and with his other hand aims a jagged slash as high up as he can manage. His fall is arrested nicely by the tearing fabric - off-world velvet that no local could afford in a decade's toil frays and tatters, but by the time he hits the floor, rolls, and comes up again, the Arbite has a bolt of fabric gathered in his arms that should easily act as a rope down to ground level. It's even thick enough to guard against broken glass.

Bulworth curses as he rises, though; he's badly misjudged his swing caused by following the shearing velvet, and hasn't made it anywhere near as far to the eastmost wall as he was hoping.

Eadian freezes once more; stabbing his finger into his ear to monitor comms chatter, he hears talk of escape via a window. Conveniently, there's one in the room right behind him. He just needs to get it open, or smash it.

Iseppo shoots the Acolytes a venomous look as he spins on his heel and begins running back to the meeting rooms with, admittedly, an admirable reaction time. He has pretty much dropped his limping charade for absolutely no reason - quite what this means to him is a bit uncertain at the moment, but he's not happy about it. Ignatius sprints ahead of him, rounding the corner back to the meeting rooms, barging through the door indicated by Eadian and taking up position in front of the window.

Aperta darts through the opening blasted by the micro-explosives in Gamma's new toy; he scuttles through the darkened room, ignorant of the curious rubbery technologies evident within, and shoulder-barges the door open. He is astonished to see Thunder and Lightning (or is it Lightning and Thunder?) emerging from the service area, both visibly alert and ready to rumble, but one of them considerably more groggy-looking than the other. They are bodyguards in search of a body to guard - they're not deliberately blocking the Techpriest's exit, but they're definitely in the way!

Gamma, nursing her sore wrist, thrusts the other one out in the general direction of a table heavily laden with dripping wax candles. It is yet another example of the conspicuous consumption evident in the Gilded Thorn - where the hell do you find bees on a water world? - and she sends several hundred Throne's worth of candle up in smoke. Seizing onto the pyropholistogenic essence of the burning wicks, she sets every iota of the candles ablaze at once - the sudden, dramatic flare and flash of heat is, for a fraction of a moment, like a second sun. The screaming of the crowd redoubles as they fight to get away both from the explosion and from the mob carving them up. Gamma has bought some time.

The mob continue their onslaught, ululating and screaming as they come. They scythe into the crowd like... well, like steel through flesh, heedless of the withering crossfire they're taking from the house guards. Bodies writhe underfoot as the bloody-mouthed group try to end as many lives as possible; they barely flinch as the diversionary fireblast goes off. They penetrate deep into the main press on the dance floor; Gamma is treated to the unpleasant sights and sounds of a chubby noble being rapidly flensed alive by a pair of ravening fops not three metres away from her. Mercifully, her night vision's mostly nullified by the fireblast.

The guards have found their groove; they may be whitefaced and shaking, but shot after shot strike home in the flesh of the aggressors, rather than in the crowd of people they are supposed to protect. Invaders are blown apart by high-calibre shells or cut down by jagged bursts of automatic fire. A couple members of the crowd scatter in front of the northermost group, and take a few stray shots for their troubles - the majority of the civilians not tied up in desperate melee flood towards the southern exits, desperately seeking escape.


upstairs!


downstairs!

----

!

bulworth leaps, catfalls. not gonna roll for ripping the curtain, i believe it to be unnecessary. however, rolling for distance on the horizontal leap (i assume you ran back and then forward, it gives you more distance with no downside), you managed a masterful 6DoF, which practically moves you backwards. 1/2m is the minimum, you can still reach the curtain with your arms from this position, so really you just plop down in front of the table. you can FP this but i think you probably have better things to spend fate on.

eadian, ignatius, iseppo get on with executing Plan Don't Fall Out The Window. iseppo's pissed at the fact he dropped the running charade for no reason, but w/e, he can deal with it.

you need to get the window open and spend a full round in front of it tying the curtain in place. however - once everyone is in the meeting room, i will abstract out the remaining actions. i assume you can bar the door.

aperta has found thunder and lightning. they are looking for iseppo and are in your way. once they are no longer blocking your egress i will abstract out the remaining actions

gamma blams the wall and sets off her distraction. the crowd goes wild!!!

mob mobs; about half of them are dead. guards guard a bit better; they kill some mobbers and civvies. crowd panic, get tied up in melee, run away from flames.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery Party - Redecoration

There's a rush from the explosion which is quickly drowned out by gut-wrenching screams and gore of the mob's victims. It's merciful that the sudden darkness blots out the imagery before she can lose whatever is left of her drinks and snacks. Taking advantage of the shadows and confusion, Gamma slips through the hole and scurries after Aperta. Her feet skid a little - is that blood or something else? What did her walking staff just knock aside? - but she retains the presence of mind to secure the shotgun on it's sling and redraw her laspistol. Maximum power setting.

Just double moving and reshuffling weapons.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

The curtains were heavier than I anticipated and they caught all my momentum. Not that it was a bad thing, mind, I'd rather not have our escape rip in half on the way down.

I double over the curtains as best as I can in a hurry and grab the mass as I run along the wall to the others.

----

Grabbing curtains (don't know if quick draw could factor into getting it in my hands) and running for Eadian/Iseppo Et Al. I'm assuming some sort of emcumberance penalty due to the awkward nature of what I'm carrying.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2016 around 20:13

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE




Eadian Valarius
Port Remonstrance
The Rookery Party

Eadian looks around for a potential escape route and (uhhh) notices a window, If downstairs isn't working their might be a way out up here He attempts to open it fully for grown men to come out, knowing he can always try to smash it


--------------------

So yea that basically not sure if i need to do "try to unlock" and "break with poo poo" as two actions

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



you can move your Ag bonus in squares as a half-action. that's not enough to get to the window this round. you can get there as a full action, but then can't do anything else this round.

do you wanna move next to it, or take it out from a distance with whatever firearms you have?

alternatively - ignatius is very close to the window and can probably handle getting it open. is there anything else you think is worth doing?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
Upstairs
The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


With Bulworth dragging in the drapes, this new plan was suddenly looking a lot better. "A LOT better,", Ignatius couldn't help but declare out loud, as a flash of flame, plume of smoke, some very disturbing screaming, and the din of automatic weapons fire all emphasize that the area downstairs of the balcony is not a Good Place To Be Right Now.

To his voidborn instincts, attacking a viewport is deeply wrong on an instictive level. But Ignatius swallows hard, telling himself it's a window, it's just a window, there's air outside before bringing the heavy mass of his pistol around in a hard slam against the... glass? Transplex? Transparent aluminum? Whatever.

Ignatius will open the window through the most expedient method: smashing it, or if that doesn't work, either shooting it with the autopistol or opening if if there's an obvious window opening mechanism. If after doing so he still has actions left, he'll scope out the situation outside the window.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 3/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - Back Hallway


Aperta pays little mind to his surroundings, his attention focused on moving forward, on getting out, and he unceremoniously slams through the next door. The priest is so focused he nearly crashes into the men at the end of the hallway, but manages to bring himself to an abrupt halt. The Magos stares blankly at the pair for a heartbeat before recognizing that they are in fact people and not objects.

"Ah, my apologies gentlemen, but..." Aperta pauses for a moment. The men look familiar, but he can't quite remember why.

<Cogitatio, execute facial recognition program.> he orders in binaric.

<Subjects identified. Collectively known as 'Thunder and Lightning', individual designations unknown. Known bodyguards of the primary target.> The skull dutifully responds.

<Ah, of course. Excellent.> The entire exchange takes perhaps less than a third of a second of shrill machine-bleating and rapid clicks, and Aperta continues his previous sentence as if it didn't happen.

"I need through so that I can prepare our ship to receive Master Iseppo so that we can depart with all haste." he finishes, desperately hoping they don't ask any questions.
______________________________

Hopefully the truth will set us free.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 5/5 | Reload: 2Full

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

you can move your Ag bonus in squares as a half-action. that's not enough to get to the window this round. you can get there as a full action, but then can't do anything else this round.

do you wanna move next to it, or take it out from a distance with whatever firearms you have?

alternatively - ignatius is very close to the window and can probably handle getting it open. is there anything else you think is worth doing?


Alternatively alternatively he can do something dumb like do a charge attack on the window kicking it. Watch him fall through the window doing it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



Emancipation
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-__DABbNeI

Ignatius strides towards the meeting room window, autopistol barking as it stitches a jagged line of fire through the reinforced glass. Mesh cloak balled around his fist, he backhands the ruined pane, sending a scatter of harmless cubes out into the darkness below. Iseppo is guided into the room by Eadian as the strategy officer helpfully points out the window that Ignatius is in the process of deconstructing.

Bulworth, breathing hard, brings up the rear, bundled fabric slung over one shoulder. It's not been particularly easy to sprint past a squabbling and bemused crowd with the curtain weighing him down, but he's done it before with heavier weights, and at least the curtain's not struggling and resisting arrest. He drops the bolt of cloth onto the meeting room table as the Acolytes, with terse language, begin divvying up the work required to fashion their escape route.

On the ground floor, Gamma squeezes through the gap created by her shotgun blast and stumbles out into the corridor, hot on the heels of Aperta. The techpriest, for his part, is brought up short by both Thunder and Lightning raising brutal-looking pistols with astonishing speed - perhaps barrelling down a corridor out of the shadows towards the trained killers, gabbling rapidly, wasn't the best approach. Once Iseppo's name is out of Aperta's voxbox, the bodyguard who'd accompanied the team upstairs lowers his weapon, his companion following suit a fraction of a second later.

"Right. Get the boat sorted. Gonna get the boss." growls the less sickly-looking of the pair, and they hare off down the corridor, barging past techpriest and psyker both, on their ill-informed path towards the main bar area.

The mob continue their onslaught, driving the bulk of the crowd from the main bar area. The floor is thick with charnel fluids as the crowd, skidding and slipping, bolt for the southern-most exits, streaming past Thunder and Lightning as the pair struggle to stay on their feet. The guards continue to pour fire into the warptouched nobles, felling ever more of their number, but the northern contingent has become enmeshed in melee. It's only a matter of time before the smaller squad get overwhelmed, and the guards, seeing that the front entrance is now clear of hostiles, are probably thinking about exit strategy right now.

The crowd upstairs are still oblivious to what's occured downstairs. Their doom is inevitable; it's only a matter of time. Time, blood, and screaming.


up


down

---

It was going so well.

The team had reconvened outside; a quick blast of the sensor array revealed five sets of lifesigns holding steady round the other side of the building, making Aperta jumpy but not yet panicky. Proceeding with as much haste as the situation warrants, the Techpriest realises something with a sickening lurch.

Now there's only four sets of signs.

Bleating urgently over the commbeads to alert the rest of the cell, the Techpriest hustles towards the boat as quickly as possible. A pair of tottering figures hare round the corner of the building, streaking towards the cell on unsteady feet, reddened blades held low in front of them.



Initiative posted:


Ignatius 13
Bulworth 12
Eadian 10
Iseppo 9
Aperta 9
Noble 3 9
Noble 4 9
Noble 1 7
Gamma 5
Noble 2 5


---

ignatius half-moves, and auto-bursts at the window to maximise the chance of getting enough glass out. you guys probably could have opened it normally but finding key, readying key, using key... gun's faster. that's six rounds gone from the clip - you may wanna include a reload as part of the scene transition, i'm sure you can find a spare combat round.

eadian ain't really got anything useful to do now so walks into the meeting room, presumably poised to slam the door once everyone's in and put something heavy in front of it.

bulworth runs; i could give you a penalty to your movement due to carrying a big bolt of fabric but it would basically mean we spend another turn running with no real risk of bodily injury so i'm not gonna.

top floor is clear; you all will be out of the building in seven rounds

gamma moves

aperta tries a Disposition test on the bodyguards; they ain't happy but they're not going to shoot him down either. you didn't see fit to tell them that their boss isn't hanging around, though. they think he's still upstairs.

bottom floor is now clear; you will all be out of the building in six rounds, giving you one rounds preptime before your next actions. this includes using the auspex before leaving the building, as i remember it was mentioned that aperta would want to be doing that.


so yeah in that time, the guys who broke off from the main body of the mob have got round the side of the building, killed a hobo, and now want to kill you! also there's probably been an absolute bloodbath inside the club too. thunder and lightning are still inside

get on the boat, you're home free. this is genuinely structured time now, you will move in initiative order. again, one square is one metre. gamma and aperta can use their spare round for e.g. overwatch, if desired. lol that your init bonus for scanning only brought your roll up to "nearly baseline human"

e:

oh yeah, poo poo:

  • barrels are full of oil
  • jetty is wood
  • railings line the jetty, about a metre high
  • arches provide cover
  • boats are technically hotwirable i guess but will take time to do so; you'll need to get rid of the attackers
  • your boat takes 2 full rounds to start up once you're on board

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2016 around 22:18

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery - Emancipation

Acting on initiative 5, actions subject to change


The mad ones have followed them. Gamma find her throat uncomfortably dry, her heart races, and her first instinct is to seek shelter - the archway a few meters away will do for now. Pressing herself against the pillar she draws a bead on the implausibly coifed woman with the expensive and impractical jewellery - the red dot of her laser sight on center mass, breath carefully, and let the distinctive hissing crack of the las-pistol talk for her.

Move 3m to x9y10, firing (25 base +10 Standard Attack, +10 Laser Sight, +10 Short Range = 55, Overcharge 1d10+4 Pen 2

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CYek7Mrtw

The salty midnight air carried omens of doom on it. Muffled screams and gunfire can still be heard from the inside, the barking of the guns a portend of what's to come.We had egressed out the window but not without undue complaints from Iseppo. He was the sort to keep himself isolated from the sort of indecency. Window escapes were not his idea of a good time. Not that I blame him.

I had thought we were home free as we crossed the docks, below us nothing but rats and oily water. The hacking giggles and growls quickly informed me I was wrong. I spin on my heels and pick up movement coming from out of the shadows. Two specters shuffle out from a shadow behind the building, they must have retained enough agency in their condition to circle around instead of joining the main melee. They were far too close to Iseppo for comfort and gaining quick.

Functioning on pure adrenaline and muscle memory I whip my handguns out from their holsters and level them toward the assailants. I yell to Iseppo to run for the boat before giving our aggressors some bullets to dodge.

---

Planting my feet. Quick action draw both of my pistols, half action aim, half action dual wield auto burst on whichever target is more convenient (if Ignatius charges the front guy then targeting the back one, if not than whomever and/or both depending on degrees of success, I'll let DJF assign hits based on what makes sense) Will spend a fate point here to reroll a failure if applicable, preferring to reroll the autopistol over the stub auto if both fail. Rolling vs 65 on both attacks (+10 range, +10 Half action aim, +0 semi auto burst/ motion predicted full auto burst)

Eadian, keep in mind your hand flamer here. The enemy is grouped up on a narrow walkway in your weapon range. If they want to try and evade the flamer they would have to bail into the water and/or run away. And then Ignatius can throw an oil barrel in the water and we set that on fire too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOzEthA_yU


pre:
Wounds: 10/10      AP:5 All
Fate: 3/3          TB:4

WS:   25       
BS:   45       
S:    25       
T:    40     
Ag:   40     
Int:  25     
Per:  38       
WP:   30     
Fel:  30     

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Dodge, Stealth

Talents: Ambidextrous, Catfall, Quickdraw, Two Weapon Wielder (ballistic), Weapon Training (SP)

Weapons:
Stub Automatic
(Pistol | 30m | S/3/- | 1d10+3 I | Pen 0 | Clip 9/9 ) 

Autopistol w/ Motion Predictor
(Pistol | 30m | S/-/6 | 1d10+2 I | Pen 0 | Clip 18/18 | +10 BS to full auto ) 

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Jun 27, 2016 around 17:39

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - Back Hallway


It doesn't even enter Aperta's mind to correct the pair of bodyguards as they rush bout into the bloodbath, instead he simply continues on through the service areas and out the rear entrance and throws an occasional look behind him to ensure he hasn't lost Gamma.
______________________________

Port Remonstrance
The Gilded Thorn - Docks


It's times like these Aperta thanks the Omnisiah for his diminished emotional capacity, as he "sees" a man be killed through Cogitatio's bio-scans. When he and Gamma reconvene with the others he explains they may be being followed, and to prepare accordingly.

"I will prepare The Pelicanus for immediate departure. Master Iseppo, if you would be so kind as to follow me I can show you to the main cabin, where you can wait in peace and comfort."

______________________

Move towards/into the boat so that I can start preparing it to leave.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 5/5 | Reload: 2Full

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
A Jetty
Outside The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


Pursuers, presumably more of these warp-addled nobles. Ignatius glances back, up the jetty, seeing with some relief that Aperta has taken custody of Iseppo. It'd take a minute to get their boat away, so, the task at hand was clearly to delay - or kill - the two crazed figures coming out of the shadows with blooded knives.

Ignatius sidestepped to a nearby stone archway, bracing against it as he put some fire in the direction of the would-be assassins. "Clear back from those barrels," he barked between squeezes of his autopistol's trigger. "We can set them off, if we need to."



Half action to move as indicated, half action to shoot at the nearer of the two assailants. Ignatius will have used an action prior to this scene to reload.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 3/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE



Eadian Valarius
The Dock
The Rookery Party

Running down the dock Eadian follows his comrades Lets see if i can't dissuade them! He takes a few shots with his hand flamer behind him in an attempt to damaged the dock to keep the people chasing them from being able to continue.

----------------

SO, trying to damage the dock to keep us from being followed. Not aiming at the barrels because i figure for now explosions are bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



so you're specifically attacking the dock rather than the attackers, then? and are you moving after firing? firing is a half-action, you have another half-action to use on e.g. moving your Ag bonus in metres, or readying something else

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003



right, gently caress it, too late for clarifications

Conflagration
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpXAqrQjnes

With whiplash speed Ignatius slides into cover and sprays a hail of slugs from his palmed pistol, towards the runners emerging from the gloom to the west. Many of the shots go wide, but two strike home. The first is a grazing hit, and carves a bloody furrow in the upper arm of Ignatius' target - she doesn't even react to this. The second is a solid hit, slipping between her ribs and lodging somewhere in her lungs. Ever more blood sprays from her mouth as she continues her headlong sprint towards the group.

Bulworth follows suit, spinning round and unloading at his pursuers. Still somewhat sore from his earlier acrobatics when securing the curtain, the Arbite goes wide with his slug auto; however, his motion-predicting autopistol can more than compensate both for his arm tremors and the ducking and weaving of his target, and with a harsh staccato chatter, the lead noble breaths her last. Her swordarm is disabled by a masterfully-placed joint shot, and a fraction of a second later a steel slug buries itself in her heart, killing her instantly. She is thrown back against the alley wall, slumped and broken.

Eadian, handflamer grasped loosely in one hand, carefully hoses the dock down with blazing pyrotheum. The wood, although dried in the summer heat, is varnished, salt-slaked and hardened from many months service. It burns alright, but slowly - the dock remains stable. It's only a matter of time before it gives way entirely, but for now it remains a viable, if painful, route to the squad.

Iseppo, understandably, hotfoots it to the boat that Aperta's making his way towards. As the gangway onto the boat is only narrow, he pauses to allow the techpriest past, no wanting to waste a single moment of potential time spent putting the open sea between him and this madhouse. He fidgets with his swordcane uncomfortably as the techpriest crashes down the gangway and into the pilot's compartment of the boat.

Gamma steps to the rail of the jetty, snapping her laspistol up and across as she does so. A jolt of startling ruby light connects the barrel of her weapon with the upper thigh of the remaining madman. There is a startling flash as his hipflask effervesces into nothingness, but unfortunately it was silver-plated, and most of the energy of the lasburst has been wasted. He continues his advance, unperturbed, tearing through the flames and howling like a banshee. Heedless of his scorching flesh and flaming clothes, the man lunges for Eadian with his filigreed rapier. The Strategos cowers before the onslaught, throwing up one arm as with a sickening crakkk, the dock timbers splinter beneath his aggressor, totally throwing off his strike.

Luckily for the beleaguered noble, his two remaining friends have just rounded the corner...




----

so -

ignatius goes first - as leperflesh ain't got the rulebook, i probably should have clarified that the autopistol has two fire modes, single shot and full auto. single shot is easier to hit with, full auto can do more damage; so, what i've done is assumed it's full auto unless it'd be a miss

of course ignatius gets 11 against a TN of 30 (BS) + 10 (short range, barely) - 10 (Full Auto) for 2DoS, so full auto it is. that's two hits which the noble fails to dodge, but one of them is so puny as to be soaked entirely by toughness.

bulworth's actually going against TN55 - dual-wield still gives a -10 to attacks even if you're ambidextrous. attack rolls are 58 and 43 - this means he misses with the semi-auto burst from the stub auto but connects twice with the autopistol, arm and body. he has, shall we say, rather uncanny luck, managing a righteous fury on both shots; noble 1 is messily slaughtered at Critical 10 to the torso. i have assumed you don't want to fate point the stub auto, and that you are prioritising clearing out single threats completely rather than gambling on lightly wounding multiples - shout if you want to retcon this, but if noble 1 only takes one shot, she'll still be combat-effective

eadian plants his feet and hoses down the dock with fire. this covers an area equal to half the flamer's range, and will do 1d10E to pursuers. the dock follows vehicle rules; each round, roll d10, and on a 10 it explodes (burns away). add +1 to the roll each round after the first. the first round - dock remains standing

so you're basically making thunder and lightning swim after sixty seconds max.

iseppo moves, aperta gets into the boat and begins faffing. two rounds of startup remain before the boat's read - remember your miu weapon, you can still use this while boating.

gamma connects easily, but unfortunately does very little damage. coupled with the damage from the dock flames (8 before toughness), noble2 is half dead.

not, however, entirely dead. he charges Eadian, who understandably fails his TN05 dodge roll. of course, the dodge roll isn't actually needed because somehow the noble gets a 94 on his attack, loving up horribly. still, eadian is still in melee with this guy; handflamer can be used in melee with a WS roll, but remember you're untrained in its use so you'd be rolling against WS - 10 (single attack +10, untrained -20). strongly suggest getting out of there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Skaven spotted!


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Pelicanus - Getaway


With unbecoming haste Aperta dashes into the pilot's compartment and takes position in the captain's chair. His hands move with lightning speed across the control panel, red and green lights spring to life and cast the priest with their hazy glow as he primes the turbines and preps the vessel for launch.

With a mental command Aperta sends Cogitatio to hover outside. "Please, take the stairs to the lower decks and prepare for departure. Thank you for your cooperation." The skull vocalizes to Iseppo, in a tinny, static-filled approximation of the techpriest's own voice.

Once the noble patriarch is safely inside, or at least on his way, the skull's left eye takes on a sinister red glow as it switches to its automated defense subroutines. With a loud 'KRAKOW' the skull fires at one of the crazed nobles, the recoil sending the skull spinning in circles before it's grav-drives can right itself.

______________________

Preparing the ship. As a free action I'll fire also at the most injured noble that hasn't engaged anyone in melee, or if no one is injured the closest noble.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 4/5 | Reload: 2Full

Who What Now fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2016 around 01:07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery - Conflagration


The adrenaline rush begins to even out as Gamma sees one pursuer fall in a hail of lead. She may not have passed muster as an Imperial Guard military psyker but she thanks the Emperor now for the basic training she received during the testing process. The memory of an exasperated instructor yells at her to move, then shoot. A few more steps down the jetty before she spins around to reacquire her target and - no, Eadian is still in close combat! She doesn't trust her marksmanship enough to fire into a melee!

"Valerius, move! I don't have a clear shot!"

If he can just get out of the way...

Move to J-12, fire standard shot at Noble 2

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«16 »