Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
  • Post
  • Reply
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

The noise of the gunfire was punctuated with the wet thuds and cracks of the bullets finding their mark. One of the combatants fell over and by the looks of it she was dead before she understood what happened, a murderous scowl left as though her ghost was going to come for me. She would have to wait for all the other dead people wanting their revenge.

Before I could turn to the man on my compatriot I hear the snarls and growls of reinforcements. More madmen come into view by the dock fire to find death, either their own or someone else's. I open fire on them as I did the others, the smell of cordite mixing with the salty air as muzzle flashes light up the water below.

----

See, for the previous round if rerolling that stub auto would of meant the difference between killing the guy now on Eadian and not, I probably would of opted to reroll. Right now I can't really do anything for him. Even if he disengages and I get my shots off (of which I would have to delay and thus could not aim meaning I'm more likely to miss) chances are good he's going to be mobbed again by the new guys running through the fire.

Regardless, doing the same thing this time. Half action aim, half action full auto vs 55 on the new combatants with both pistols. Go ahead and reroll on failure, prioritizing the autopistol if both fail.


pre:
Wounds: 10/10      AP:5 All
Fate: 3/3          TB:4

WS:   25       
BS:   45       
S:    25       
T:    40     
Ag:   40     
Int:  25     
Per:  38       
WP:   30     
Fel:  30     

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Dodge, Stealth

Talents: Ambidextrous, Catfall, Quickdraw, Two Weapon Wielder (ballistic), Weapon Training (SP)

Weapons:
Stub Automatic
(Pistol | 30m | S/3/- | 1d10+3 I | Pen 0 | Clip 6/9 ) 

Autopistol w/ Motion Predictor
(Pistol | 30m | S/-/6 | 1d10+2 I | Pen 0 | Clip 12/18 | +10 BS to full auto ) 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
A Jetty
Outside The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


"drat," Ignatius mutters, as the nearest assailant engages Eadian. There was no clear shot to help the man, so Ignatius would have to trust his ally to manage. Instead he ducked backwards, staying in cover and finding a new line of fire. As his pistol barks, Ignatius palms his shock maul in his left hand, figuring that as his gun emptied he was going to have to get stuck into it in short order.

Half action to move directly north three meters, half action to shoot at the nearer of the two enemies west of the fire. Full auto. If I can spray both of them with a full auto burst, let's do that.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 3/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE


[quote="AcidRonin" post="461661355"]
Eadian Valarius
The Dock
The Rookery Party

Ha! That's worked nicely, oh spoke too soon!

oh, well hello there! drat and blast, Eadian knew he was cornered, he only hoped he could get out of the way so someone could get a crackshot at the assailant. He broke off away from his assailant and ducked low, running towards the rest of his companions. ANY HELP HERE would be SIMPLY SPIFFING!

------------------------

Taking thatbastardken's recommendation and 'disengaging' and running towards cover low as possible to give people a good shot. Towards the rightmost arch if you will.

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

Discombobulation
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3X4h6daXvQ

Ignatius continues a measured retreat, taking long strides up the jetty while hosing down the assailants emerging from out of the gloom with automatic fire. Rightly surmising that suppression's not much of a tool against fanatical maniacs, he's going for killshots - unfortunately, his targets are thrashing and weaving with unnatural rage; it's practically impossible to draw a bead, especially with attention half divided, and with a chirping briiiikkk the three remaining shots in his clip go wide.

Bulworth, by contrast, stands his ground. His stance is a lot firmer, and his guns are a lot bigger - again, the majority of the lead goes wide, but the slug auto punches a sizable hole in the meat of the front noble's torso, exposing several ribs. The autopistol burst has a bit more luck, as the smaller, high-velocity rounds cause terrible damage to the attacker's lungs. The noble crashes forwards, heaving for breath, temporarily unable to move.

Eadian ducks under the absurdly over-egged swordswing of his assailant, jabs an elbow into the noble's sternum to throw him off balance, and uses the momentum to gain some breathing space. He keeps the barrel between him and the raging lunatics running his way, but eyes his makeshift inferno with some trepidation. He is acutely aware of what might happen to flammable liquids when a still-burning lunatic encounters them, and doesn't want to see the results close up.

Iseppo hustles onto the cell's boat, taking a vantage point from where he can see the action. His imperturbable facade is crumbling a little. "WHY are there HEPATICONS doing this?" he yells back to Aperta, "and WHERE are my BODYGUARDS?" Feedback from Cogitatio's threatsensing subsystems indicates that Iseppo's drawn some sort of one-shot laser pistol - probably a duelling weapon - and is drawing a bead on the figures emerging from the gloom.

Cogitatio's not just a watcher, however. As Aperta begins gunning the ignition sequence of his vessel, activating the secondary, tertiary and ancillary incense chambers, his servoskull buzzes harshly. Its initial target has just collapsed out of view, so Cogitatio snaps off a shot towards the frontrunner of the pack of assailants. Unfortunately, the sudden recalculation throws off his targeting algorithms - the shot goes wide, and the recoil sends Cogitatio into a little tailspin before, chirping furiously, its gravmotors manage to restabilize.

The seriously-wounded third noble can do nothing for the moment other than bleed slowly into the dusty timbers; his particularly crazed comrade charges straight through the blazing pyrotheum laid by Eadian, heedless of the fact that his robes have caught light and are beginning to scorch and char his flesh. Leaping atop the barrels that Eadian is poised behind, he howls and brings his sword down in another remarkably-telegraphed overhead chop. Eadian, not normally the quickest melee combatant, still manages to dart out of the way in time - apparently these people have forgotten anything they may once have known about swordfighting, and are substituting raw brute force. This is particularly surprising to the Strategos, as the person currently wreathed in flames and tottering precariously on top of a barrel of flammable liquid is, he thinks, actually a modestly successful Hepaticon duellist. Still, Eadian has other priorities at the moment.

Gamma snaps off another shot at her original target, drilling him right in the meat of his upper thigh once again in an attempt to hamper his mobility. She goggles as, once again, a silvered hipflask vanishes into a short-lived coruscating fireball; this time on the other leg. Of all the luck...

She backs up towards Ignatius and Bulworth as her target lunges towards her - this particular noble isn't quite so agile as his friend, though, and where Eadian's assailant could nimbly leap up onto the oilbarrels on the dockside, this one manages to misjudge things really rather badly. He crashes bodily into the first barrel, draping across it like a pair of badly folded trousers, and sends the second barrel skidding across the docks, pumping out a greasy slick of oleaginous gunk across the jetty. His charge is... somewhat curtailed.


oil is difficult terrain

---

ignatius gets a 62 on the attack roll vs a TN of (BS 30 + (-10 full auto) = 20), for 5 DoF. no shots connect, and the gun's empty. full round action to reload it; honestly, i probably wouldn't bother, it's a bit lovely. if you like the idea of the compact handgun, best way to make it better is to get exotic ammunition; poison rounds would be a good option, especially given your apothecary contact

bulworth gets some grazing hits in, with 57 and 54 vs TNs of 65 (45 BS + 10 aim + 10 range - 0 semi/compensated full bursts). that's one slug auto hit, and two autopistol hits. noble doesn't dodge successfully - they're parryers by trade - and takes the full force of the attack. i gently caress up the dice on the semi-auto damage roll and so we'll go with the first roll there, and there's tolerable damage rolls on the two autopistol shots too. Noble 3 is down to critical 3, fittingly. noble 3 is very near death, Prone, and Stunned next round; he will, however, keep fighting after he shakes off his Stun

eadian disengages; full move action to move half-move distance and not get attacked in the process. iseppo gets in the boat.

aperta does round 1 of boatprep; fires at noble2, but misses

noble 3 shakes off his stun

noble 4 has some real fuckin' luck with the dice. basically i figured "right, he can't charge eadian" as he's not got a straight line - except he has, if he goes through or over the barrels. so let's have a flaming crazed maniac gently caress up his agility roll and end up on fire on top of the barrels!

so he charges Eadian, dashing through the dock flames. his -10 Ag test to leap up onto the barrels is, against all odds, a success! however, he takes 2 damage from the burning dock and [http://orokos.com/roll/416899]fucks up his ag roll to avoid catching on fire[/url], meaning, well. you can work it out.

he connects soundly with his charge, only for eadian to somehow score less than 5 on a d100; eadian is, once again, unharmed.

your assailant is perched on top of a rickety barrel. if you want to take advantage of this situation but can't think how, ask for advice in the OOC thread

gamma shoots, moves. i feel like giving you the point blank bonus for this, on the assumption that your arms are more than 50cm long. it wasn't necessary though - solid hit once more, in, uh, the other leg to the one you shot earlier, and once again it's pitiful damage. lemme know if you wanna FP this, or just start psyking

noble 2 fucks up a jump up onto the barrels by such a large degree he crashes into them. he is prone, draped over a barrel (i.e. no cover AP), and covered in oil. he has caused a small oil slick of difficult terrain, and has left his remaining buddy in a really REALLY precarious position.

remember - a sufficiently advanced dark heresy campaign is indistinguishable from slapstick

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

Like some sort of dockside violent comedy troupe our assailants begin practically tripping over themselves, causing more damage to the dock than to anyone of note. The flaming one is about to cause some problems with the barrel of oil he perched on to try and get his shots in. They were inadvertently about to turn this dock into a smoldering ruin with one of us on the other side of the fire.

I spot the bar shotgun still slung over Gamma's shoulder, I make a grab for it as I yell at Eadian to run. The bark of the shotgun a thundering roar over the crack of the others' pistol fire

---

Quickdrawing shotgun off of Gamma, half action move to J9 to stay clear of the oil, then half action single shot on noble 4 perched on the barrel. +30 point blank, +10 single shot - 10 melee penalty. Target is 75, will fate point a reroll on failure and doubly so if it comes up friendly fire. 1d10 + 9 damage counting point blank and amputators.

pre:
Wounds: 10/10      AP:5 All
Fate: 3/3          TB:4

WS:   25       
BS:   45       
S:    25       
T:    40     
Ag:   40     
Int:  25     
Per:  38       
WP:   30     
Fel:  30     

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Dodge, Stealth

Talents: Ambidextrous, Catfall, Quickdraw, Two Weapon Wielder (ballistic), Weapon Training (SP)

Weapons:
Stub Automatic
(Pistol | 30m | S/3/- | 1d10+3 I | Pen 0 | Clip 3/9 | RLD Full ) 

Autopistol w/ Motion Predictor
(Pistol | 30m | S/-/6 | 1d10+2 I | Pen 0 | Clip 6/18 | RLD Full | +10 BS to full auto ) 

Shotgun w/ Amputator rounds and deactivated safety features
(Basic | 30m | S/-/- | 1d10+6 I | Pen 0 | Clip 7/8 | RLD 2 full | scatter)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2016 around 18:02

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Pelicanus - Getaway


Aperta ignores Iseppo for the moment, and continues to focus on rousing the machine spirit of The Pelicanus.

He utters a quiet chanting prayer in sacred binaric as he begins to bring the turbines up to idling speed, <O, noble master of the great oceans, awaken to grants your wards safe and swift passage through this night, in the blessed name of the Omnisiah.>

Just a few feet away Cogitatio keeps it's watchful and wrathful gaze on the bedlam happening dockside. It's carefully programmed subroutines pick out a suitable target and it fires again.

______________________

Continuing to prepare the ship to leave, so everyone start making your way on board. Once again attacking as a free action, with priority for a target that is non-engaged in melee, most injured, and closest in that order.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 3/5 | Reload: 2Full

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery - Conflagration

Gamma happily releases the shotgun to the more capable custody of Bulworth, taking comfort in the sound and fury of outgoing shells.

"Thank you, I thought I was going to have to" -BOOM- "carry that thing all night"

Crossing the dock to keep a clear line of fire for Bulworth and Ignatius, Gamma continues her steady withdrawal to the boat and sends another searing las-blast at the fanatic she has been whittling down. The tactical implications of discharging a high-energy weapon at a target supine in a puddle of motor oil do not immediately occur to her.

Move to M14, fire laspistol at Noble 2 (standard shot, overload)

pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   45   Per: 40
BS: 25   AG:  35   WP:  50
S:  20   Int: 45   Fel: 25

Wounds: 11/11        Armour: 3 - Torso, Arms, Legs       Fate: 3/4

Weapons:
Laspistol - Range: 30m | RoF: S/2/- | Damage: 1d10+2 E | Pen: 0 | Clip: 22/30 | Reload: Half | Reliable

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2016 around 08:58

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
A Jetty
Outside The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


Ignatius considered his options for only a bare moment, as the magazine in his pistol emptied. The assailants were apparently unconcerned with the threat of being burned alive, which in Ignatius' experience was solid proof that they were completely beyond reason... he had the quick reports from his colleagues who had been downstairs to witness the mob, of course, but now he could see their description of the savagery of the attackers had been, if anything, understated. These people were out of their Emperor-damned minds!

The prospect of getting face to face with one of them did not appeal. However, as he heard Barry shouting to Eadian to run, Ignatius decided on the least terrible course of action.

"Barry and I will hold off any that get past the oil," he shouted. "Eadian, you can light them up as soon as you're clear..."

Ordinarily he wouldn't telegraph his plans in a way the opponent could easily understand, but these people weren't thinking clearly, or at all. Might as well be as coordinated as possible.

Staying put and readying an action to clobber the first bad guy that tries to get past me up the dock, or that engages me, with the shock maul. If I have additional half-actions left, use it to move to intercept any baddies trying to get past me up the dock. Or, if that doesn't happen, use it to holster the empty pistol.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 3/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

Immolation
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGj8MZCx98

Ignatius pauses for the moment, bringing his shock maul in front of him and thumbing the activation rune. The crackling stench of ozone fills the air - the voidborn keeps a wary eye on his slim suppression tool, as it's not the sort of device one would want to accidentally dip into the brine lapping at the planks of the jetty. After all he's been through, it wouldn't do to be brought low by this... rising tide.

Bulworth, by contrast, is a little more proactive. Slinging the shotgun from off of Gamma's shoulder, he brings it round in a low arc as he slides to a better firing position. The Amputator rounds live up to their name, blowing off the man's sword arm with a characteristic KRAKOOM. Showers of bone, flesh and metal rain down across the jetty as the noble dies of shock and massive bloodloss; his smouldering carcass, miraculously, topples away from the oil slick and into the sea.

A ray of ruby light lances out of the Pelicanus's passenger compartment - spitting blood with anger, Iseppo wings the lunatic currently sprawled over the oil barrel near Eadian. The man thrashes feebly - he is clearly close to death. He is also clearly close to a whole load of flammable liquid, something which it is doubtful Iseppo is taking much concern over. Thankfully, no stray sparks make their presence known.

Aperta finishes the rites required to gun the Pelicanus' engine into life, activating turbines and setting pistons in motion. Cogitatio again takes a shot at the nearest assailant, but his threat-detection algorithms are slightly more advanced than Iseppo's. The skull simply cannot get a clear shot without unacceptable risk of fuel-air explosion, and after a moment's dithering, a heavy-calibre slug buries itself in the building wall as the desperate hope of a ricochet comes to naught.

The prone noble furthest from the group, picks himself up. He's mostly broken bones and blood by this point, but his swordarm still works. Still, some indication of how badly injured he is appears to have sunk in, and, howling madly, he attempts to pick his way around the flames safely.

Eadian stares vacantly as the nearer assailant smoulders slightly on top of his barrel. These states of combat shock are making him a liability, and perhaps the cell would be better suited with another strategy officer. In the meantime, Gamma backtracks and lines up another lasblast on the remaining thread, somehow catching the thrashing man in the leg for a third time. This time, he's out of hipflasks, and she blasts the man's leg to cinders. His value as a threat now lies solely in the fact that he's on fire and sitting on top of an oil barrel; he gasps his last as the damage from the flames claims his life.



---

The immediate threat is dealt with, but the onslaught may have raised more questions that the Acolytes don't have answers to. It's also raised temperatures, considerably - the smouldering carcass of a Hepaticon assailant, wreathed in flaming clothing, lies prostrate across bubbling oil barrels. The jetty, too, will doubtless burn through in half an hour or so, but by that point the cell should be long gone. It simply remains to be seen whether the group wish to stay around to bolster their understanding, or to take flight to save their skin and their cover.

Iseppo is understandably loath to hang around too long near open flames on a wooden deck, although his earlier question regarding what provoked a bunch of Hepaticons into all-out assault remains unanswered.


---

ignatius awaits...

bulworth blows the arm off a loony at point blank, killing him at critical 8. there's good eatin' on that there arm.

iseppo, coupled with the additional wounds from gamma's actually-quite-successful shot last round, bring noble 2 down to 0 wounds (spoiler: iseppo didn't do anything except chance an explosion, this was gamma's move)

aperta misses. ablooo. on the other hand your boat's ready now and if a big gang of crazies show up you can all escape now and reap sweet, sweet XP and plot

noble 3 gets up, and sidesteps.

eadian does zip except begin the deathclock again

gamma shoots this fuckin' guy in the leg again. for christ's sake. she does some actual damage, and the guy dies, finally!

combat over, congrats. noble 3's gonna kill himself by fire next round if..
someone... doesn't get to him first, and your boat's ready to go.

in terms of immediate "poo poo whaddawe do?", you've got a corpse about to set a bunch of oil on fire, and a jetty aflame. if you book it right now, great, don't worry about that. if you're hanging around for a minute or two, i will want to know what you're doing. or you could just boat it a bit nearer the club, if you're waiting for thunder and lightning

noble 1 is a slumped, crit-wracked corpse by the bottom left of the map. noble 2 is smouldering on an oil barrel. noble 3 is soon to be charcoal/kebab. noble 4 is floating in the sea, but don't worry! 'e's 'armless!!!! idk if you want to check bodies for whatever reason, but if you do, that's the state of them.

Viva Miriya feel free to say hello. kill noble 3, or show up elsewhere. if you want an opening, shout. three members of the cell recognise your passphrases, two do not, you choose. all will accept your tagging along, with lesser or greater amounts of grumbling.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE


Eadian Valarius
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance

Well, here we go! Eadian reaches for the activation stud on his flamer to torch his assailants, only to see them both be dealt with by members of the cell. Well thanks for that! oh..... oh throne.... He notices the flaming bodies and figures he either has too options, Swim to the boat or jump the oil. Making a quick decision he decides to jump over the smallest patch of oil, and make his way to the boat with the others. This dock isn't going to last much longer if we don't get going!


----------------------------------

Trying to get over that skinny bit of oil and towards the boat ASAP

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Max Flightmaster
Aboard the Acolytes cell's ship: pre firefight
Man these nobs have some primo amasec. Max thought to himself as he sets the table and pours himself a glass and has a couple of glasses set up for the rest of the cell. He hooks up the stummer he drained to a port on the ship to recharge while he waits for the team to arrive. His last lead and the info he gained from the cell's servo skull had his cell pegged working this area for some reason, something about a party? Whatever he'd secure an exfil for them and relax in the meantime.

Around the time Aperta turns the Pelicanus's engines on
Judging by the hell that broke out on the dock, that's definitely his team. Max gets to his feet and heads below deck, shotgun in one hand and a glass of bubbly in the other. When he slips down below deck he recognizes...what he thinks has to be the techpriest of the team. Can't be sure, these cogboys look all the same. He puts down the glass of bubbly he had and cocks the shotgun to get Aperta's attention. "Name's Flightmaster, Max Flightmaster. Boss told me to tell the first person I recognized this: Epsilon Drusine Apocrypha. Mean anything to you cogboy?"

Aperta, Eadian, and Gamma would recognize Max's passphrase.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Pelicanus - Getaway


Aperta's reaction when he hears Max's codephrase is instantaneous and even interrupts the man's next sentence.

"Identification confirmed. Designation: Max Flightmaster. Homeworld: Appolyon. Height: -" The priest continues to babble, rattling off an eerily comprehensive list of the acolyte's personal and physical information. A few seconds later, when Aperta's seemingly automated spiel ends, he turns to regard the newcomer. He stares at the man silently for a long moment before he speaks again.

"It's satisfactory to finally meet you in person, Master Flightmaster. Welcome aboard The Pelicanus. Please show Master Iseppo to the passenger compartment, the others should be along shortly."

______________________

Ready to go once everyone is on board. We should probably swing around front to find Thunder and Lightning before heading out to drop off the old guy.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   40   Per: 35
BS: 35   AG:  35   WP:  40
S:  20   Int: 40   Fel: 25

Wounds: 10/10        Armour: 4 - All       Fate: 2/3

Weapons:
  • Longlas - Range: 150m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+3 E | Pen: 1 | Clip: 40/40 | Reload: Full | Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable
  • Handcannon - Range: 35m | RoF: S/-/- | Damage: 1d10+4 I | Pen: 2 | Clip: 3/5 | Reload: 2Full

Who What Now fucked around with this message at Jul 19, 2016 around 15:34

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Max Flightmaster
"On it." Max says as he steps up casually from the top and waves the rest of the crew in. "Which one of you is Iseppo, yeah right this way. Come get you a seat, want something to drink?"

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvgCDk_tBiM

The goon on the barrel took a tumble into the sickly black water after the shot took his arm. It was safe to say he wasn't going to be coming back up for air. With the immediate threat out of the way it was time to beat our feet and clear the area. Local authorities would be descending upon the place at any time now seeing as this is a massacre of wealthy people with some influence. Probably for the best to not be found on site of a burning dock fire when they get here. Eadian finally snapped out of whatever shock he was in now that he was no longer in immediate mortal danger. He hops over the oil and I shove him in front of me; the last thing I needed was him falling back into shock at the next sign of pursuers. I take one last look for Thunder and Lightning before boarding the boat, taking a second to fire off a pot shot at the last madman trying to get around the fire. The shot deflected off a metal tie on a nearby mooring, the echo a jarring reminder to the enemy of the trauma he suffered previously. He reflexitively ducks, catching the sleeve of his tunic aflame and causing him to howl in anger.

As the last one in the boat, I loose the boat mooring and pull up the gangplank as I cross. I turn back to the fire sparkling against the oily water and human degeneration and lift my finger to the earpiece. "We're all aboard. Go slow for a second though in case Iseppo's guards show up. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if we collected his help."

---
Went ahead and took my Desperado free shot trait against the last living guy, It didn't go so well. Narratively I'm going to be bringing up the rear and making sure the rest of us get on. Going to push that we loiter for a moment before we fully take off in case Thunder and Lightning show up.
pre:
Wounds: 10/10      AP:5 All
Fate: 3/3          TB:4

WS:   25       
BS:   45       
S:    25       
T:    40     
Ag:   40     
Int:  25     
Per:  38       
WP:   30     
Fel:  30     

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Dodge, Stealth

Talents: Ambidextrous, Catfall, Quickdraw, Two Weapon Wielder (ballistic), Weapon Training (SP)

Weapons:
Stub Automatic
(Pistol | 30m | S/3/- | 1d10+3 I | Pen 0 | Clip 2/9 | RLD Full ) 

Autopistol w/ Motion Predictor
(Pistol | 30m | S/-/6 | 1d10+2 I | Pen 0 | Clip 6/18 | RLD Full | +10 BS to full auto ) 

Shotgun w/ Amputator rounds and deactivated safety features
(Basic | 30m | S/-/- | 1d10+6 I | Pen 0 | Clip 6/8 | RLD 2 full | scatter)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2016 around 12:11

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
A Jetty
Outside The Rookery Party
Port Remonstrance


Ignatius thumbs off the activator on his crackling shock maul, and tucks it back into his jacket as he turns up the dockway. That had been a frightening interlude, but he enjoyed a flush of professional pride now that their escape was entirely clear - there had been more than one fuckup to be sure, but this new crew had gelled well and not only had they secured their objective, nobody had even gotten hurt. Well. Nobody of importance to their mission.

He was looking forward to a stiff drink, and already starting to consider exactly how to address Iseppo once they were all safely ensconsed in the luxurious appointments of their watercraft, when Bulworth reminded him of Iseppo's bodyguards. Was there some reason to expect they might have not only survived, but knew that Iseppo had been extracted?

"Has anyone told them we're out here?" he asked over his shoulder, as he jogged across the gangplank.

Exeunt, stage right. If there are multiple rounds, Ignatius stows his maul, and then reloads his pistol.

pre:
WS: 30 BS: 30 S: 25 T: 30 Ag: 30 Int: 35 Per: 30 WP: 30 Fel: 40 Inf: 40
Wounds: 12 Fate: 3/4 Insanity: 0 Corruption: 0
Compact Autopistol - Pistol / 15m / s/-/6 / 1d10+1 I / pen0 / clip9 / reload full / 0.75kg
Shock Maul - Melee / 1d10 + 3 E / pen0 / Shocking
Stiletto dagger - Melee / 1d5 R + SB
Mesh Cloak: Head 0 Arms 4 Torso 4 Legs 4
Double Team: +10 on melee attacks where you outnumber opponents. If other friendly has DT, +20.
Sway the Masses: may spend Fate to auto succeed at Charm, Command, or Intimidate with degrees equal to WP bonus
Breeding Counts: When highborn char would reduce my Inf, reduce by 1 less (to min reduction of 1)
Inured to the Xenos: +10 to Fear test caused by aliens and a +20 Interaction skill test with aliens
Scrutiny (Per) Commerce (Int) Common Lore (Rogue Traders) (Int)	Linguistics - Orks (Int) 
Operate - Aeronautica (Ag) Charm (Fel) Deceive (Fel) Inquiry (Fel) Medicae (Int) Tech-Use (Int)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Pelicanus - Getaway


"Last known coordinates of the pair designated Thunder and Lightning was in the eastern hall of the first floor. They were moving towards the main ballroom to rendezvous with Master Iseppo. No known contact since then." Aperta says into his comms. "I may be able to search for any open vox-frequencies to establish contact with any survivors."

________________________

If we aren't going to cast off immediately I'd like to attempt a Tech-Use to use my Microbead to get in contact with Thunder and Lightning, unless anyone can think of a reason I shouldn't (or if that's not actually possible).

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

well they don't have commbeads. That's why one ran off in search of the other earlier, rather than beading him

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'
The Rookery - Conflagration

"Hold the boat a moment, I just want to...try...something"

Gamma's voice is full of strain as she risks opening a warp channel between her mind and the still living berserk noble. Maybe there is still some semblance of thought or some clue as to the source of the madness - hopefully nothing contagious.


Using Telepathic Link at PR gives it a range of 20m, and makes the roll target 60 (50WP, -10 Difficulty, +10 Pr, +10 Psy Focus)

Telepathic Link PR 1: 1d100 88

Telepathic Link PR 1 Fate Re-Roll: 1d100 56

This roll is then opposed by the target.

It's a half action, so Gamma can try again if it fails, or walk back to the boat either way.


pre:
Combat Quick Sheet

Characteristics
WS: 25   T:   45   Per: 40
BS: 25   AG:  35   WP:  50
S:  20   Int: 45   Fel: 25

Wounds: 11/11        Armour: 3 - Torso, Arms, Legs       Fate: 3/4

Weapons:
Laspistol - Range: 30m | RoF: S/2/- | Damage: 1d10+2 E | Pen: 0 | Clip: 18/30 | Reload: Half | Reliable

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE


Eadian Valarius
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance

Eadian schleps his way to the boat, oil slicked onto his pants, boots, and the hem of his coat. Arseing hell does this thing have a shower on it? I wreak of ozone Eadian looks around for Isseppo I see everyone managed to get out with all our limbs, Although I don't doubt we will get the bill for that dock. Who's the new lad?


----------------------------------

I know i would recognize his passphrase but i didn't hear it i don't think.

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

you sure you wanna announce in front of iseppo that you don't recognise the heavily armed guy standing near him, immediately after a traumatic club escape?

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

apparently so!

Calumniation
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fNhD_lP1F4

The sudden emergence from the opulence of the lower deck of a heavily armed, heavily muscled, tattooed individual proffering amasec is somewhat of a shock to Iseppo; should he survive the night, he'll probably start having panic attacks at the sight of red velvet. The noble whirls; the duelling las clicks in his hands as he reflexively tries to discharge it, but the power cell is depleted and all that issues forth is a warning chime - a antique musical leitmotif to the tune of "one shot only, cheater!". Accepting the proffered drink with a flustered apology, the noble eyes the armsman with vague curiosity. "Flightmaster, you say? We, ah, we've got some of your clan on the payroll, unless I'm much mistaken."

Bulworth tends to matters of casting-off - the Pelicanus, with its recently refitted engines, could easily just pull away from the harbour with a splintering of planks should it be required, or Aperta could despatch Cogitatio to deploy one of the skull's electronic-sculpting vibrotines in a heterodox and unsanctioned fashion on the rope, but now there's a bit of breathing space, there's no point in wasting good rope. Ignatius strides aboard, reloading his pistol and confirming with the rest of the team on whether they've heard from Iseppo's bodyguards within. The Deculon, sat back with "bad" leg stretched in front of him, splutters a bit of amasec at this and pipes up,

"The boys won't, ah, have communications devices that you can tap into. They're islanders from the southern chains; hardy folk, but not the, eh, biggest fans of technology. They won't use anything more complex than a stubber or a blade. Bit of an irritation at times, but it does make them wonderfully focused, and of course, difficult to bribe." The nobleman waves a hand languorously. "Just give the foghorn a little toot, that should get through to them. Three long blasts, three short ones. We've used it before. Otherwise, well, if they don't find me back in that absolute shitstorm of a club, they'll know to return home and wait for further instructions."

He considers, briefly. "Well, unless they have some reason to believe I'm elsewhere."

Iseppo continues. Apparently a riot followed by a haphazard escape down the side of a building and a rickety dock is quite the bonding experience. "In any event - welcome to Ourybia." Mopping his brow, he doesn't stop the sales pitch. "I trust today's experience has given you some indication of why working with the Hepaticons would not be in the best interests of the Imperium. Admittedly, that sort of... unpleasantness is almost unprecedented, and I've no idea what provoked them to such indiscriminate and open insurrection. Once I return to my offices I will have enquiries to make, believe me."

The nobleman's eyes narrow as Eadian establishes that he doesn't recognise the large, armed man currently lurking in their means of escape from horrible violence. "Wait, you...". Dashing his glass of amasec to the ground, he attempts to get Eadian and Ignatius between him and Max. Apparently recent events have the nobleman somewhat rattled.

---

Outside, Gamma dashes forward towards the flames, oil and corpses, as the others dash back towards safety. Reaching out with tendrils of mental energy, she attempts to find out what's broken these people in quite such a terrible way. Steeling herself for what is sure to be a highly unpleasant experience, her lance of will is somewhat more tremulous and faltering than it could otherwise be - fortunately, or unfortunately, this type of fuzzy and uncertain probing appears to be exactly the right counter to the rigid locked-in barricade of the noble's mind. Like mist through a keyhole, the wyrd... feels...



Nicolo Hepaticon crows triumphantly as he slams his glass back onto the table. Delwyn'll have to forfeit the rights to buying the next round, and with it, the right to decide what his crew are drinking. It's a good night - they've got their favourite tables at their favourite spot looking out over the bay, and when the odd breeze stirs you could almost forget about the reek of seaweed from the rotting mire around the Rookery islands. Things are tense with the other families right now, but it's nothing other than a little jockeying for prestige - pretty obvious time for it, given what's coming in what, four and a half weeks?

He pauses, glass halfway to his lips. It's only because he's looking out over the bay, but... out of the corner of his eye, that looked like a flare or something, just faintly, up in one of the high inland towers. Kinda tricky to see where exactly it is - too dark, too many shots - but pink's a weird colour for a signal light, and-

And then a queasiness starts to hit, nothing to do with what he's been drinking. A breeze starts up again, but it's not cooling anymore; it's dry, it's dusty, it smells like the tomb. Nicolo is on his feet, throat burning with exertion - he has no idea what he's shouting, but by the looks of it, neither does anyone else. The noise is deafening - they're clawing at their heads, ears, eyes, but there's no words anymore, just an ice-cold spike of rage and pain and hatred and a piercing need to be out and away and free and-

And it's passed. He's moving - his friends are moving - the whole place is moving, they're all filing out like cooperative drunks and the Rookery night strobes past him, giving him odd looks, as he's on autopilot, knowing nothing but a need to follow his feet, to see where they're taking him, and-

The sign of the Gilded Thorn is overhead. It's like a bubble bursting, and the hate is back. Nicolo throws back his head, and screams.

---

Gamma's spun on one heel and begun pelting back towards the boat - if Bulworth didn't know better, he'd say she's holding that gun less for protection and more like a club. And that expression, is that...?

The psyker comes to, all of a sudden, mid-sprint back towards the boat, nearly tripping over her own feet. If that's the result of a second-hand feel of whatever it is drove the mob into a frenzy - a trained, sanctioned, Emperor-touched psyker being driven to momentary blinding rage - then it's not that surprising the attacking mob were quite so... driven. An entire barfull of people, implanted with a killing rage and then overwritten with an even stronger compulsion - it's not something she's ever come across in her regular studies, to say the least.

There's certainly unanswered questions here, but there's probably more pressing concerns to deal with.

---

gonna re-jig the order of some of your actions so that it makes sense; no mechanical impact, just a bit of narrative. max shows up, ignatius gets on as bulworth sorts the gunwales or w/e and asks re: T+L, eadian comes in and goes "oh who are you", gamma does her thing, bulworth casts off once she's aboard, then you do your hanging around thang

so - you can either do a big merry attention-grabbing "SEEYA LATER SHITLORDS" toot-toot on the foghorn as you pull away from the burning jetty, you can hang around waiting for pirate cops to show up, or you can accept that you'll probably be stalked by a couple of ferals who may show up at an inopportune time wanting to know where their boss is, even if their boss is happily at home. either way, the malus will be pretty minimal and mostly for the sake of continuity.

iseppo's all "welp we don't normally have blood-crazed mobs come try to kill us", but you kinda knew that already. if you wanna ask him stuff go nuts once you've calmed down the current situation, or just smooth it over off-camera if there's no information you particularly want right now.

gamma gets mind-touchy, and the noble manages to fail as badly as possible. dude's an open book; you've got what you're after, but if there's any more info you want, shout. you have indication of external intervention from an uptown location (i.e. Nobleville); with a bit of effort you can find the emptied bar. what you do not know is what's done this, who's done this, why they've done it, or how they've done it. none of that's particularly time sensitive, i.e. you don't need to do it right this second.

then, because you opened a conduit to a certified mental patient, i roll to see if you frenzy. a frenzy does indeed happen, but gamma snaps out of it after the first round and doesn't get a chance to try and kill any of her companions. rest of the party knows none of the above until Gamma shares

let's wrap things up here - demand answers from iseppo once you've calmed him down, decide what you're gonna do re: honkin' or lurkin' or leavin', and then you can go drop off Iseppo and pick up some XP and some downtime in which you can acquire some guns that aren't fuckin' peashooters. you'll have an appointment in three game days' time in which you can go meet the Adept you're after, but that's not been brought up in-game yet

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Max Flightmaster
Pre Eadian loving it all up
"Flightmasters have been serving the Imperial Navy since at least M34. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few turn up on a world like this. I prefer keeping my boots on deckplate if I can at all avoid it though. Recycled air gets stale but it beats getting shot out of your ride in the void."

Post Eadian loving it all up
"Uhh...did the cogboy not tell you to expect me? I suggest you go see him in the engine room and figure this one out cause I'm not here for my health." Max says as he's calmly drinking from his glass of Amasec. Amateurs.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2016 around 19:51

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE


Eadian Valarius
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance

Eadian was startled by the nobleman's reaction, he had known that others might be joining them and wasn't sure what he was mad about. That being said, he had been careless, he assumed that the almost getting burned alive with their assailants had rattled him.

oh my dear man please do not be alarmed, obviously our organization has provided backup for us, I was even expecting our friend to arrive, but alas I cannot know everyone's name! Trust and believe I am certain this man has your safety and our continued partnership in mind as much as the rest of us

Eadian gathers up the spilled glass and pours the noble a second, hoping to reassure him.

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 11:44

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a1o3OHGTcM

The boat motor thrums to life as everyone stows aboard. I stay outside on the deck of the boat, my blood was too hot to deal with babysitting the noble right now and I figure the cool air will do me good. The gunshots and the screams from the building seem to have died down now and the noises of the night take hold again. The sound of the ocean waves seem to take the precedence again and I can hear the faint rumble of an lander taking off, possibly running cargo to some void craft in orbit.

I take check of my arms, taking the opprotunity to load fresh magazines in my pistols. I do a once over on the shotgun I had grabbed from Gamma. Someone thought it was a good idea to cut the safeties out of it, which, for a bar gun might not have been the worst idea. For something that we ostensibly take around with us though I had no mind for it. It's a bad accident waiting to happen. I rack the gun until it's empty, stashing the shells in my coat pocket before I lay it to the side.

I notice the extra tug from the inside of my coat to remember the alcoholic firebomb I had fashioned in the run up to the incident at the bar. The cloth stopper I had stuffed in there was soaked to saturation and some of it looks to have spilled down the side of my armor during the escape. I take the rag out and throw it into the ocean before taking a mouthful of the burning liqueur and setting myself down on the edge of the deck and keep an eye out for Iseppo's muscle.

----

I'm just going to do a holding pattern. In character I'm hanging out on the deck outside because my character is kind of done dealing with Iseppo for now. Going to reload my weapons and unload the amputator shells out of the shotgun so I can use them in a shotgun that's not going to accidentally kill me if I roll a 100 for some agility test.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
Aboard the Ferry
Some Port Remonstrance Jetty
Port Remonstrance


Eadian was a little quicker on the uptake, Ignatius having struggled to conceal his immediate surprise at encountering a large, unknown man unexpectedly - a man who on first glance was heavily armed but currently wielding amasec and a big grin. And that was OK.

After tuning in to the comms chatter, and Max Flightmaster introducing himself, Ignatius is fully composed and onboard with the cover story evolving in the room.

"Flightmaster! Good to finally meet you face to face. Ignatius. I see you've met Mr. Iseppo Deculon already: we've only just been solidifying arrangements with his family for the new Navy officer training facility... I assume you've read through the briefings, of course."

Ignatius is shaking hands, conducting Iseppo to a comfortable seat, effortlessly compensating for the slight roll of the deck as the ferry pulls away from the jetty with the instinctive skill of the voidborn.

"Iseppo, as you earlier surmised, we have several additional agents on-planet conducting various tasks... Aperta put out a general request for assistance for this evening, but the rest of us didn't know exactly which of our agents would be responding." Ignatius favors Iseppo with a conspiratorial wink. "You might say we've established tonight that there's no need for assets to continue to work any, ah, other angles? Your family is clearly the best option for our little... partnership."

Ignatius finds himself a drink, shrugging off body armor and weapons onto a convenient settee tucked into the corner of the luxuriously appointed main cabin space, and returning to sit opposite Iseppo. "Now, I must say, that disturbing display of violence back at the party, that was quite unusual, no? Not just some little scrap between exuberant youths who have overendulged. I'm afraid quite a few of your guests are now dead. I don't suppose we can be of any assistance? I mean, if this is some sort of inter-family business you'd rather we kept out of, we will of course leave it to you, but..." Ignatius leaves the question hanging. Arrangements to meet with their target were probably not at risk, but he wanted to continue to play the part of a Naval attache setting up a partnership with the Deculons, and in Ignatius' estimation, some curiosity and a vague offer of assistance would be more fitting with the cover story than either of total apathy, or excessive interest.

Not really applying any skills here, Ignatius is just trying to make sure the cover story fits. But if Iseppo feels like talking, or asking for something, Ignatius is giving him an opening.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'

Gamma's hands shake as she boards the boat, barely remembering to safe and holster her pistol. That brief mental transfer was revealing, but to dig deeper may have been disastrous. Silently praying and gripping her psy focus she barely spares a moment to stare at her new team-mate before buried and coded memories reactivate and assure her of his allegiance. She makes an excuse - something about adrenaline and her stomach not mixing - and goes to the head. Her memories need to be recorded before they decay. Her writing is an untidy scrawl that would see a scribe flogged, the rocking of the boat only partly to blame. The stolen memories are already fragmenting in her hostile mind, but she does her best to put the last testament of a dying man's mind to paper.

quote:

nicolo hepaticon delwyn favourite spot rookery islands nothing other than a little jockeying for prestige

over the bay a flare one of the high inland towers pink light

a breeze like the tomb noise deafening rage pain hatred need to be out and away and free and

the whole place is moving on autopilot

the sign of the Gilded Thorn hate

She knows...the name of the man she just watched die. Was Delwyn the one she killed? These slavering, insane murderers had just that evening been drinking and celebrating and thinking of nothing more than being a good crew, people who would honor the Emperor with their lives and works. Lives stolen by a flash of light, and unreasoning rage. Whatever witchcraft had been worked on them was...terrifying. But to run now would be to dishonor their memory. In a steadier hand Gamma appends a note to her document -

quote:

AVENGE THEM

- before sealing it and storing the letter inside her coat. She takes a further moment to wash her hands and face before returning to the cabin.

"I beg everyone's pardon, this evening's excitement has rather exhausted me. I'll just go below for now"

Nothing further to add, suggesting we lurk for a bit then leave? blowing the horn seems like it would attract the wrong sort of attention just now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Pelicanus - Getaway


Aperta sits quietly and patiently, awaiting the order to cast off.

________

Nothing to add, ready to go

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

Evacuation
The Rookery
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPYWky5Bso

Flames flicker, corpses smoulder and sink beneath the waves. The Rookery night is oddly silent in the aftermath of the attack on the Gilded Thorn.



On-board the Pelicanus, things are a bit more choppy. Iseppo, now that he's got it into his head that Max is an unknown, remains initially reluctant to countenance the idea that he's a friendly, and continues to try to keep the two nobleborn between the Voidmaster and himself - Bulworth remains outside, ready to intercede should the Deculon attempt to escape, but thankfully it just takes a few raised voices and some honeyed words for Iseppo to accept that maybe Ignatius' story is a plausible one.

"Apologies." the Ourybian noble curtly states, attempting to distance himself from the word. Mopping his brow and sipping from a fresh glass, he continues. "It... no, as I've said, the unpleasantness back there is almost unheard of. This will be investigated with all appropriate expertise, and the governor notified. It just makes no sense. Butchery of this type accomplishes nothing. What in the Emperor's name did the Hepaticons hope to accomplish with this assault?"

It's reasonably apparent to all paying attention that Iseppo has no idea of the actual manner of the attack - he'll have heard gunfire and screaming from downstairs at the Thorn, but has only caught a glimpse of the actual assailants by the shifting lights of the jetty fires. Equally, though, he is shaken by the directness of the approach. It's far too gauche and inelegant for normal intra-family manoeuvring.

He continues. "As for my... reaction just now to the appearance of your associate, it's actually rather embarrassing." Iseppo forces a chuckle. "There has been a number of unexplained deaths in Remonstrance over recent weeks. Double figures. No-one particularly... important has been lost, but, equally, none of the plebes appear to have fallen under the knife. It's been lesser family members, trusted retainers - from any and all of the Remonstrance dynasties you care to name.

"Normally this wouldn't be anything more than a blip in statistics, but due to my, ah, role in the Family-"
the capital letter sliding smoothly into place " - it's something that's been brought to my attention. The bodies have all been found in a state of some... disturbance, and when I saw that -" gesturing to Max's chainsword - "I assumed the worst". He gives a rueful half-smile.

---

Evacuation, cont.
The Warehouse
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOosUb0shw

Once things were smoothed over, the cell slipped away in fairly short order, delivering Iseppo to a Deculon security squad on an isolated pier back on the mainland. Arrangements were made to get the initial kick-off meetings started with Deculon professionals in give-or-take ninety hours' time. Three days, plus change, and they'd finally meet Adept Cizneros.

It would later emerge that they left nearly early enough to not tip off any interested parties. Unfortunately, Iseppo's little panic attack meant that a boat was definitely seen leaving the scene by one or two of the more clued-in street brokers. No-one was quite able to pin it down to being the Pelicanus, but an awareness that an armed contingent - blast wounds were in evidence on Hepaticon bodies found round the back of the club - had fled the scene definitely added a little frisson to the rumours surrounding the attack. Despite a few localised fires round the back of the building, and some curious drapery destruction, the damage to the Gilded Thorn's structure and networking was fairly minimal. In the coming days, all gambling debts and winnings would prove to be honoured.

Thunder and Lightning would later prove to have escaped the swirling melee that the Gilded Thorn had become. Unfortunately, they had keen senses and excellent night vision - they'd shown up just in time to see Bulworth cast off the Pelicanus' line and, just barely, a visibly distressed Iseppo being placated by the other members of the cell. With a distaste for comms equipment, a strong sense of self-reliance, and a talent for jumping for conclusions, it would be safe to say that the pair would make a priority out of finding the Imperial Navy delegation that'd just kidnapped their boss.

Local enforcers secured the scene of the massacre within a few score minutes - pretty good going in the Rookery, but more than enough time for interested (and strong-stomached) parties to do a bit of looting, and a bit of contamination of the evidence. Stray shell casings and Mechanicus unguents smeared on walls would be missed in the initial investigations, by which time their usefulness to anyone looking to pin an Acolyte cell at the scene would be incredibly marginal. Certainly, any survivors if directly questioned would maybe remember Ignatius's wonderful bubblecaster device, but that hardly pointed to Inquisitorial involvement - the cover stories of the cell more than held up to casual scrutiny, and nobody had been given any reason to think it necessary to dig deeper.

Arguably, things had gone pretty well. There had been some complications, certainly, but no wounds were suffered by the cell, no breach in cover had been necessary, and a potentially useful Deculon contact had been made. On the other hand, they'd almost certainly discovered more mysteries than they'd solved, and, given the scale of the attack, the local Arbite prefect would almost certainly take an interest. Murder is one thing, sedition is quite another - one is a crime against the body, the other is a crime against the Emperor. Tensions in Remonstrance would certainly heighten in the coming weeks, at all levels of society.

The cell gathered back at their warehouse base, with an eye to discussing next steps. Acquisitions, training, further investigation, further contacts... possibly, even, some rest.

---

so i guess i didn't really think what would happen if you chose none of the "honk horn, drive off, or slope off" options, so congrats, you hang around for too short a period to be useful, and slope off too slowly to get a subtlety bonus out of the deal

iseppo is sort of an ops magnate - middle-management, but with a focus on examining performance stats. stuff like "well we're behind schedule because they found brian torn to shreds" is part of his remit. he ain't got the data in front of him though so won't really be able to give much more detail on exactly who got ripped up.

ourybia's on a 28-hr day, by the way. not that it really matters, but you got a lunch meet in three days' time to go see the adept. this will leave four weeks until the black fleet shows up. whether you want to do an extraction now or just ensure you've got access for when she's needed, that's your decision. i'm not necessarily expecting you to fast-forward this - it'll be for you guys to decide what you want to do next, i will do a rec-thread post of your high-level leads shortly.

subtlety has gone up, anyway, thanks to your performance as decepticons. your subtlety bonus is in the region of 4-6.

three days' downtime, 500xp. you also have a +5 Influence package to give to someone; this represents gambling winnings. one person gets this, not all.

we move away from the "-ation" naming scheme of chapters, i'm running out. taking suggestions on new suffixes

DOWN JACKET FETISH fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2016 around 20:50

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Max Flightmaster
Back at the warehouse
Having had some time to be brought up to speed, Max gets straight to it. "When it becomes time to meet the Adept Cizneros I say we do an immediete extraction and get the hell out of here. Anything else is out of the scope of the mission in my opinion. In between now and then, I think we should continue working this Iseppo guy. Keep referring to me as the Imperial Navy liason, whose decidely not nobility. And I guess promote me some? Yeah Warrant Officer Flightmaster will do quite nicely." the grizzled armsmen grins while drinking some bubbly amasec. "Let's keep our asset alive for now and lets find out whats going on with those murders. They got carved up with a chainsword? Kinda a problem sounds like some death cult poo poo or at least a decently equipped if brutal hit team. I kinda don't want us to lose this in so if you want, have me shadow him under the guise of reviewing poo poo on behalf of the Holy Fleet. I'll keep my arms with me and if anything goes down, I'll be able to get him out in one piece if the Emperor wills it."

"Speaking of armaments, think you can score me some amputator or inferno rounds? Anything to make this shotgun hit harder. And as much shotgun ammo as you can acquire. No such thing as too little ammo and I'm gonna expend it mainly on the range."

Amputator rounds are extremely rare, Inferno are rare, and the request for regular ammo is just to get more ammo to justify a simple BS Advance by shooting guns off alot over the next 3 days between investigating.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Aug 2, 2016 around 00:44

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'

Gamma shakes her head vehemently at Flightmaster's suggestion that they extract.

"No! We can't leave! There is something...very dangerous happening. The attack last night wasn't random savagery, those people were affected by some kind of attack and directed to the Gilded Thorn before they become violent. We need to know what happened and who did it. The approach of the Black Ship...it can't be a coincidence."

She realizes she raised her voice and shrinks back, apologizing.

"Sorry, but...this is bigger than the Adept now. I'm going to investigate what I can for the next few days. I'd appreciate company. We can use shopping as a cover, I guess?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Barry "The Bull" Bulworth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0

I stub out the end of my lho on the flakboard wall and throw it to my feet. I was finally feeling up and at em again after the food poisoning coupled with the adrenaline had ran its coarse and I could stand to swallow solid food again. This briefing for the new guy had been going on for a while and hearing all the information again gave me a chance to organize my thoughts some. I clear my throat and break my silence to add to the conversation.

"We have to accept the potential that Cizneros may be a rogue psyker. It seems too convenient that we're being tasked to black bag her and hand her over to a black ship and then run into these sorts of psychic phenomena in our pursuit of her. If she's capable of doing what we saw yesterday, then she's far too dangerous to hold her with what resources we have, seeing as how she or someone near to this is apparently capable of driving people irreparably batshit. Even if we can somehow snatch a rogue psyker alive, we're going to need a way to keep her docile and not able to do her sorcery."

I take a minute to consider Gamma's thoughts and add, "We may be able to get an eye on how the authorities are investigating the bar massacre. It can give us an idea of how serious the local authorities are taking this matter or if they are trying to sweep it all out of sight and make it disappear. It's as good a place as any to start."

I pause for a minute and add "Maybe it's for the best if you stay away from this one Gamma. If they have brought in an astropath to try and determine what happened he may be able to sniff you out. Given the circumstances I'd rather not anyone ask us any uncomfortable questions. I can try to get up on top of a building and look down on them with a bird's eye view."

"In the meantime, given our circumstances, we probably ought to be preparing for the worst. We've got to see if we can find ways to contain a Psyker for the better part of a month. Gamma may be a better help in that regard; know your own and all, no offense. My best guess would be a chemical solution to keep someone under, but I don't know how that's going to feasable for the better part of a month. We also need to look into what Iseppo said about the low level bougies falling under the blade."

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Aug 2, 2016 around 15:29

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Pelicanus - Getaway


Aperta listens quietly to the conversation going on as he absentmindedly makes adjustments to Cogitatio with needle-like tools that occasionally pop and spark.

"Its certainly not impossible for our Primary to be a rogue pyker, although I believe that may be unlikely." He says without looking up, "It would be immensely difficult for an unsanctioned psyker to operate in the open with such a prestigious family without being found out. Still, it's not unheard of either, and to quote from the Epistle of Koros to the Aeneolus," the sounds from the priest are the high-pitched screechs of machine-code.

Aperta looks up to the group to find only blank and confused expressions. "Ah, that is to say, 'Lo, to be prepared even for that which is unforeseeable is the 97th virtue of the Omnisiah, and is the 25th Prime Virtue'. Roughly translated, of course."

Withdrawing his tools from his familiar's innards and replacing the top of it's casing, Aperta activates the skull, which rises groggily into the air.

"To that end I intend to do my best to make necessary procurements for the next stage of our mission. I have access to a Department Munitorum warehouse, which should hold quite a lot that we can use, along with the local Mechanicus temple. I can hopefully obtain anything any of you may require, I need only know what it is you believe necessary."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
The Warehouse
Port Remonstrance


"Immediate extraction of Cisneros is a problem even if she is not a rogue psyker," Ignatius comments. "The Deculons will of course be upset that she's gone, and we will have to keep her contained and safe for another month, while they attempt to locate her... and us. This warehouse has provided us with good cover, but our presence here is probably not a secret, and as one of the most prominent families on the planet, the Deculons assuredly have the resources to penetrate the building. If we take Cisneros now, we will have to retreat to a completely secure location, and remain hidden until the Black Fleet arrives."

Ignatius shrugs. "On the other hand, if we maintain the cover story, meet with Cisneros, and then allow her to go, we will have to set up another meeting later - I'm sure we can come up with a reasonable justification for that - but also advance the 'project,' and that will require significant additional efforts in order to appease the ambitions and allay the apprehensions of the Deculons, who believe they're being given an enormously prestigious opportunity to spend an enormous amount of money, and thereby gain favor with the Imperial Navy. They will not be satisfied unless we appear to be making real progress. Moreover if Cisneros is especially alert - or if she is a psyker - she may recognize us for what we are. And we do not yet know whether Cisneros wants to be extracted, or knows that she has the attention of the Inquisition, or if she is a fugitive. The lack of information about her has left us without certainty as to her disposition and capabilities, and that is an operational risk we must account for."

Ignatius leaves it at that: he leans back in the rather uncomfortable plasteel chair that he had positioned near the table and lockers in the corner of the warehouse where the group tended to meet, eyes scanning the others' faces. The team had done rather well so far without a clear leader, but Ignatius wondered again what they would do when, inevitably, some issue came up upon which they could not reach consensus. Perhaps this one would be it?

His eyes fell on the newcomer, Flightmaster. A fellow Naval officer... well, former, of course, they were both Inquisition now... the man likely felt equally uncomfortable with the lack of a chain of command for the mission. The question was, did Flightmaster assume that, as an officer, he was now in charge?

Unsure, Ignatius glanced at Gamma, their Navigator - he could not help but still think of the voidborn astropath that way - wondering about the scene back at the party, and what she had said about it. Who was the actual target of that assault... the Deculons in general? Iseppo? Some other prominent attendee - there were certainly plenty of others there with the prominence to have been the target of a rather unconventional assassination attempt. Or, could their cover be compromised, and they be the intended target?

She caught him looking, so he nodded to her. "I think you're right, Gamma. It's our duty as agents of the Inquisition to uncover unsanctioned psyker activity. If there is a heresy, we should discover it, and root it out. Not at the cost of our primary mission, of course, but... we cannot be certain if this is connected with our primary mission or not, without more information."

DOWN JACKET FETISH
Sep 20, 2003

(it's not bill cosby)

Pluralism
The Warehouse
Port Remonstrance


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzOS2_mGAM

The cell debate their next move as they bring each other up to speed; the Acolytes, no longer preoccupied with second-to-second concerns of deception and survival, now have leisure to examine what they've discovered, encountered, and lived through.

Medical training and raw experience combine forces to indicate to Max that Iseppo, a cosseted noble, is unlikely to have actually seen the effects of a chainsword on flesh up close. Coupled with the fact that Iseppo's undoubtedly working off second-hand reports, rather than examining corpses himself, this means that really there's no way to be sure a chain weapon was involved in whatever murders may have been happening. Regular blades, claws, monofilament whips, there's even some particularly unpleasant ranged weapons - xenos or otherwise - that could have a superficially similar effect on an unarmoured target. If these murders warrant investigation, examining Arbite records would be the quickest way to accurate information, although this does hinge on the Arbites taking an interest. Failing that, he's reasonably certain that he could identify cause of death if presented with a body.

Gamma's reasonably sure that she can track down the bar from whence the unwitting mob originated - might take most of a morning, it's in an unfamiliar sector of the Rookery, but shouldn't be too tricky. Getting inland to the flare location might be trickier - that's where the really big noble estates are. She's not at all sure she can place the tower of origin, and poking around aimlessly on these estates will draw quick and ferocious attention from the family armsmen. A bit more legwork might be warranted in either establishing a cover story, or pinning down exactly where she needs to go.

If Gamma can give him accurate directions, Bulworth's pretty sure he can make it to the bar as well. It strikes the Arbite that if he were looking to keep a rogue psyker under control for a lengthy period, it'd either be medically tricky, or a colossal pain in the rear end without dedicated facilities. Thankfully, Ourybia's been constructing and maintaining said facilities for quite some time - they may be difficult to locate or procure, to put it mildly, but the holding facilities for the psyker tithe are tailor-made for what he has in mind. And the psyker facilities are operated and maintained by individual dynasties, meaning there may be opportunities for... leverage.

Cogitatio quivers and twitches beneath the ministrations of Aperta, chirruping the odd scrap of binary. As he outlines his shopping locations, the techpriest is aware that he's not actually spent a great deal of time in communion at the local Omnissian bunker - he can certainly requisition equipment through the usual channels, but attempts to speed up the process may be stymied. Maybe he can attempt to make acquaintances there. Show off the skull a little.

Ignatius raises a valid point in the fact that, if the cell attempts to keep the charade of the training academy going, they're going to have to make some progress if the Deculons are to remain deceived. There isn't much that the project would be expected to accomplish in four weeks, but it'll probably take up a lot of the Acolyte's time if they want to handle everything personally. It might be worth investing in an actual staff - surely a building can be hired, and there must be clerks willing to staff it? It might be a bit of an initial outlay, but the added benefit of this, of course, is that the clerks could be re-purposed to suit the cell's needs should anything come up. Ditto on the security staff...

---

gettin' a lil' morbid here so i'm doubling up on the twin peaks

aperta can deffo go hang around the mechanicus bunker but, although this represents a big trove of technology, cybernetics etc, it won't give you acquisition bonuses in and of itself. it just means if you wanna try and go req a graviton gun or a conversion beamer, you can. mind you, you can burn influence to auto-succeed...

bulworth's medical sedation plan is workable, but why not outsource. if you can find a facility and convince 'em to take a person you say is a psyker, they'll look after them. the difficulty will be getting said psyker back again, and in not being shot for breaching a superblack compound.

ignatius is indeed correct in that you know dick about cizneros' motivations, and also that you need to keep the deculons strung along. if you wanna acquire a semi-skilled staff and a couple of retainers to handle the dull stuff, this will not be enormously complex, and i'm sure you can come up with some benefit in having a bunch of literate paper-pushers on call. also some guys with shotguns. if you don't, you may need to come up with some other way of fending off the deculon construction project for long enough to extract cizneros

eadian drools, faintly

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.


Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
The Safehouse - Pre-Planning


Aperta listens carefully as the conversation continues, carefully noting the needs of the group for the coming morning. Later, when the group leaves to begin their own preparations, the priest retires to his own corner of the safehouse and draws a dingy curtain closed to give himself privacy. After lighting a votive candle and taking a moment for solemn prayer he shucks his heavy robes and begins to take off his armor to begin the process of removing the silver plating as Cogitatio lands gently in it's charging cradle. Later Aperta will disassemble, polish, and then reassemble the skull. He will do it again, and then a third time. He'll find anything he can to keep himself from dwelling on what happened tonight.

_________________________

Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
Early Morning Mass


It is barely even dawn when Aperta leaves the team's hideout to make his way to the island's small shrine to the Omnissiah. The building is cramped and dark, the walls filled with banks of cogitators and tangles of wires and pipes, the only illumination coming from the dozens of screens that cast everything in a green glow. Another Tech-Priest kneels in front of an altar that projects a towering hologram of the Mechanicus' holy sigil. As Aperta approaches his colleague turns, surprised to have a visitor. He rises on pneumatic pistons and introduces himself.

<Blessings of the Master of Mars upon you, brother. I am Kradis Kram, caretaker of this shrine to our God's glory. How can this humble Friar be of aid?>

Aperta bows and makes the sacred sign of the Cog. <May of the Lord of Logic grace you with his thoughts, brother. I am Magos-Errant Aperta, liaison to the Administratum and guest of this world until my masters recall me. I had hoped to give a Sermon-Lecture on the intricacies of micro-fabrication, so as to share my knowledge with my brothers and sisters and glorify the Machine-God.> Aperta gestures towards his floating familiar, which politely dips in the air in an approximation of a bow. Aperta continues,

<And in turn I hope to perhaps petition for material aid as well, to advance myself in my personal efforts to glorify the Omnissiah.>

________________________

Aperta Ignavus
Port Remonstrance
Midday Menial Labor


Later that day, after getting what he needs from his fellow priests, Aperta makes his way back to the island's Departmento Munitorum facility. Bracing himself, he pushes open the door to reveal the same beleaguered clerk, sitting at the same desk teeming with papers and dataslates. Aperta stands in front of the man for several long moments unnoticed, forcing the priest to make a noise approximating a cough to get the man's attention. The Adept's face runs the gamut from confusion, to surprise, to joy and back again, but before he can say a word Aperta shoves a dataslates under his nose, trying not to give the excitable man a moment to speak.

"I need the items on this list. Please find and retrieve them for me, and I will do my best to take care of this," he motions towards the towering piles of papers, "while you do so."

____________________________

TL;DR, Aperta is going shopping. I'll leave the rolls up to you, and I'm going shopping for everybody, but I'm only going to list what I'm getting for myself right now. I can either edit other players' requests in here or they can list it in their own posts, whatever is easier for you.

  • 1 Plasma Gun*
  • Extra plasma canisters
  • 1 set of parts for Compact weapon mod
  • 1 set of parts for Red-Dot Laser sight weapon mod
  • 1 set of parts for Modified Stock weapon mod
  • 1 set of parts for Expanded Magazine weapon mod
  • Smoke grenades, at least 2 but more is good
  • Stun grenades, same as above
  • Frag grenades, same again
  • Sacred Unguents, second verse same as the first
  • Any tools that would give me a bonus on making these weapon mods

*I'm willing to burn Influence to guarantee getting the Plasma Gun. Additionally I'll use Fate points if any of the checks are incredibly bad failures.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd



'Gamma'

Gamma considers the suggestion that she should stay off the investigation of the bar for a moment, then shakes her head.

"No, the scene is likely the only place I would be able to get an impression to be certain it was a psyker that affected those people. All I can be certain of is that there was a flash of light, and then madness. There could be other factors at play, xenos technology perhaps. Any planetary official who investigates me would have no authority to detain me, and any representative of the Adeptus Telepathica would recognize my sanction. I have to go."

At the thought of holding a rogue psyker her frown deepens.

"Short of maintaining an induced coma we have no method of reliably containing a powerful rogue. Even that is risky, without discipline the dreams and subconscious thoughts of a psyker can manifest. I would recommend...termination, if we cannot leave any such individual to be restrained by the authorities here."

She hands a short list to Aperta.

"A few things, if you can find them. Thank you."

And then readies herself to go to the scene of the crime.

"Bulworth, I will require an escort. Should my behavior become, ah, erratic, I request that you attempt to reason with or subdue me. Does anyone have a pictcorder?"

  • custom grip for las pistol Rare -20 Parts +30
  • modified stock for las pistol Scarce -10 Parts +30
  • sacred inscriptions for las pistol Scarce -10 Parts +30
  • hot shot charge packs Scarce -10
  • flak helmet Average +0
  • auspex Scarce -10
  • data slate Common +10

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.


Let it be clear that I wanted to go swing by the bar we left the previous night briefly so I can get an idea of what the local authority's response to last night's situation is vis-a-vis if they are there in force and busting heads to get answers or quietly sweeping everything under the rug.

Also I'm going to want my Sawed off double barrel and a silencer for my stub auto from the nerds. I do have that shotgun with the deactivated safety features I can try to trade in for it.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2016 around 13:52

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Max Flightmaster
Max gets ready to go to the Munitorum, but before he does he could use some company. The way he figures it Ignatius would be decent enough a companion for this. They were both navy men though he was some highborn officer and he was a Sergeant at Arms. Still they had the Fleet in common. He walks on over to him. "Mr. Malbau, you mind coming with me and Aperta to the Munitorum depot? I'm gonna see about acquiring gear for our merry little warband and myself in particular. Apart from mission specific gear, we can probably get a bunch of dataslates, autoquills, and all that fun stuff for setting up a logistics staff for our cover story." When he gets to the munitorum, he lets Aperta do her thing and then jumps in. "While the honorable tech-priests helps you with that, maybe we can talk about ways you can move some of that excess stock back there while staying within the regs. You know, write off some stuff as normal wear and tear, trade it out in town. Trust me I know about this sorta thing."


I'd love it if someone who has commerce could teamwork me because I can really use a +10 DoS bonus or someone charming the munitorum guy to improve his disposition to Max and make things a bit easier.

Commerce vs 40 base (Medikit): 1d100 44
Commerce vs 40 base: 1d100 67
Commerce vs 40 base FATE: 1d100 49

I'll let DJF roll my acquisition rolls for the medikit Common TN 40/50, if I pass the Commerce test with one person team working me, and the Poor Craftsmanship Hand Cannon Average TN 30/40 if I pass the Commerce test with one person teamworking me on the Commerce check. Improve the acquisition TN by +10 for every additional DoS if say I get another person teamworking me on Commerce or if Ignatius would be so kind as to improve the disposition of the Munitorum staff towards us in general so the Commerce test itself gets bonuses.


Work Related Activities
"So I wanna get a look at those stiffs Iseppo mentioned before they get turned into corpse-starch. Ignatius come with me, I figure you do the talking and I play WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHTMASTER whose all concerned about these recent killings and what they mean for the new training academy. While we're at it we can do some actual recruiting for the staff of this academy till we have to extract Cisneros. Let's also get the front setup, get some people hired and working on the HOLY FLEET'S new recruitment office."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Aug 6, 2016 around 16:21

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007




Hell Gem

Ignatius Malbau
The Warehouse
Port Remonstrance


This Max Flightmaster fellow was giving Ignatius flashbacks. Most of his career with the Imperial Navy had been spent in an administrative function, liaising with the Administratum to arrange and manage supply to the Naval fleet during the war. These duties involved almost no contact with noncoms, and none whatsoever with regular enlisted men. But, Officer Max Flightmaster seemed to fit perfectly into that category of ambitious, capable, but thoroughly navy junior officers he had frequently dealt with. They wanted to get things done, now, were very optimistic about their chances of success, and assumed that everyone else around them was on board with The Mission.

Whereas for Ignatius... well, his role had been more of a role. Oh, he'd been highly effective, he knew very well how to negotiate, grease wheels, bypass bureaucratic obstacles. It was all about working people; the regulations and forms and processes were all rigidly inflexible at first glance, but inevitably the people in charge of them knew how to get around them, make things go quickly, expedite processes, provided the exactly correct sort of motivation. Which in some cases meant subtle threats or even blackmail, in other cases subtle bribery, and occasionally just the simple and surprisingly effective offer of a friendly ear, willing to listen to them complain about their problems for a few minutes and offer some form of condolence.

But he was not at all indoctrinated. It had been the monumental indifference of the Administratum that had dispossessed his family. The Navy was no different; millions were sacrificed, in order to save billions, that was the way things were, and one could either accept that and find a way to survive, or be crushed by it. Ignatius was flexible. What he was not, was patriotic. He was at heart a pessimist, he supposed. Well, and also, deep down... a noble. One of the last survivors of the Malbau line, most likely. Oh, this new Inquisition gig was definitely an improvement, it felt more like he had at least the opportunity to accomplish something. Maybe. If getting Cizneros was actually important. This Max character... well, it was too soon to tell, Ignatius reminded himself. He might just be trying to make a good first impression. Or he might just be really enthusiastic about gear, that was a pretty common thread in the military. Dude just really wanted to get himself some tactical flashlights and boxes of brand new dataslates.

Ignatius cocked his head at the man, shrugged a little, and replied simply "Sure, I'll be happy to come along, Mr. Flightmaster. There's an item or two I'd like to pick up... I admit I was not planning on going through the Munitorum, but I suppose it won't hurt to try there first."

He thought for a moment about the cover story. "We impressed upon Iseppo that the first steps would be identifying a build site, and then working out some design parameters for the construction, so that when the Black Fleet arrives with more of our staff, we'll have a basic proposal ready. No actual construction, but you're right that it would make sense for us to begin to staff. A handful of clerks to start handling paperwork, respond to queries by Deculon administrators, start preparing budget estimates and feasibility studies and so on." Ignatius smiles. "In fact, we can imply to the Munitorum staffers that our project will certainly involve a great deal of their assistance... and a concomitant increase in their budgets and requisitions from offworld. I expect that might apply holy unguents to a few cogs, no?"

Ignatius wants a good or best quality las pistol, with a custom grip and a laser dot sight. He'd also like to stock up on basic smoke and stun grenades, and he will make or acquire a concealed holster for the las pistol.
He is also willing to accompany Flightmaster on his investigation of the recent killings, although he is worried about Flightmaster's lack of undercover subtlety and may need to head back to the slums to do some rumor gathering on that subject on his own, in a more incognito fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Max Flightmaster
On the walk over to the Munitorum
Weird, this nob thinks I'm some sort of officer type too. Mr. Flightmaster, now that has a ring to it. Lets keep it that way, makes for a easier working relationship. Besides the difference between officer and enlisted don't matter since they both aren't in the Navy anymore. "That's a good angle to work with the Munitorum. I was thinking just make the quartermaster happy but this could make the depot commander happy as well. Sure lets work on that."


Can I assume Ignatius is helping with commerce tests at all times so it ensures I succeed on my commerce tests. Also Commerce tests provide the bonus to the Acolyte actually making the Acquisition test so assume Max will assist on any commerce tests if Ignatius chooses to take it. Simply because his influence stat is superior to Max's at the moment.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«11 »