Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

CURRENT CHARACTER SHEET

Nori Maki - Aqualantean Mutate, and wannabe revolutionary

quote:

Look: Hard Eyes, Purple Hair, Calloused Skin, Lithe Body
STR 16 (+2) INT 12 (+0)
DEX 17 (+2) WIS 08 (-1)
CON 13 (+1) CHA 09 (+0)

DMG d10+1d4
ARMOR 1/1
HP 23/23

Race
Mutant - webbed fingers and toes, take +1 to any Defy Danger roll made while swimming
Alignment
Semper Fidelis - I will protect my home, even from all of you.

GEAR

Heavy Machine Gun (reach, near, +1 damage, reload, 1/2 ammo, 3-weight)
Sword of 01 (Ancient Thaumium blade) (close, +1 damage, messy, 2 weight)
Combat Armor (1 armor 1 weight)
Headlamp/Binocular combo (worn)
Chemlights (3 uses, 0 weight *Adventuring Gear)
Glowy Abyss Crystals (1-weight)
seacakes (7/7 uses, 1 weight, requires Aqualantean)
Scrimshaw's hover-bike-thing (load 7/10, using it as a wagon to carry supplies)
  • some otyugh stone thing the Bombas have been carrying for some reason. what even is an otyugh?
  • Adventuring Gear (3 uses 1 weight)
  • a lot of magitech salvage (water manipulation machines)
  • bag of blueprints (5 uses, 2 weight - bag of books but for jury rig)
  • HOLY poo poo LOTS OF loving ROPE
Load: 8/14
Coin: 30

BONDS
I owe Stathis my life, whether I'd admit it or not.
I worry about the ability of Serenity to survive in Aqualantis.

quote:

MOVES
Jury-Rig
When you quickly fix, repurpose, or fabricate a device on the spot, describe what you're doing with it and roll +INT.
On a 10+, it'll hold together just as long as you need it to.
On a 7-9, choose one:

It'll work, but not for long. You'll need to hurry to take advantage of it
It works, but there's a weird quirk or complication to it


Signature Weapon
my HMG and 01's sword (see gear) as we discussed

LVL 2:(MC)Hold On to What's Precious STR+1
When you Defend an ally, a friend, or something you cherish, gain +1 hold, even on a miss.

When you hold something or someone you cherish in your hand and they would be
taken, knocked away, moved, broken, or damaged in any way, you can prevent that
from happening by taking the effect yourself.

LVL 3: Merciless
When you deal damage, deal +1d4 damage.


01
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/10

Alumnus Post posted:

The engines have stopped: why?
Were it not for the animal making those panicked noises, I would suspect sabotage, as it stands I suspect inept maintenance. Sensing further commotion elsewhere in the ship I rise from my seat, drawing my blade-a blunt bar of blackened Thaumium alloy, also known as Soul-steel for its unique quality of absorbing magical energy- at the flick of a switch it begins to make a whisper-like hum as the minuscule entropic generators embedded within begin infusing one side of the blade with a razor keen "edge" and giving off an ominous blue glow. Battle is coming, I can sense it.

Alumnus Post posted:

How did you convince the crew to let you aboard?
Per Serenity's suggestion, I have been 'posing' as a softskin in unique armor and her bodyguard, she paid for my passage as well. I have been bored and plotting increasingly entertaining deaths for the entire crew ever since.

I pause at the cabin door, listening for another moment before I continue to the stairs leading topside, the most obvious angle of attack from outsiders, so that I may slaughter serve my Lady. Ugh.

Alumnus Post posted:

What was the last thing she ordered you to do?
I maintain a low volume, but suddenly Serenity's voice comes from my Vocoder "Now, since you are bound to follow my command, I command you not to kill anybody unless they attack you first." Ugh. Disgusting animal-thing. Once I find a way to circumvent this 'servitude' directive, she dies first.

With a creak the hatch opens and I step out fully into the corrosive sea air, I can almost hear my alloys rusting. I take my blaster off of safe, but leave it holstered for now as I reach 'My Lady's' side.

"I detect potential danger my lady, shall I cleanse this boat of organic filth?"
I set my sensors to highest sensitivity as I scan in every direction for trouble.
Discern Realities 6 +xp
drat, Orokos hates me lately

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2018 around 05:57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/10

As the Ramona approaches, my body stills itself entirely in anticipation. This could be it. This could be the excuse needed...

She offers clear insult to...my lady, yet I am not instructed to pound that sub-standard facsimile of a warframe until the organic within it is liquified.

I allow a note of incredulity to creep into my vox "My lady, should I not respond to this aggression!?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 2/10

Finally, something to distract from more conversation and the stench of softskin failure.
At My Lady's words, I shift into Aggression mode, the single ocular sensor on my "face" increasing brightness to a blood-red glow. Serentiy sticks with the imposter, so I stand a bit further back and to the side, the better to pick off whatever tries to go around the Ramona. I draw my blaster and set it to maximum, taking aim at the magically animated skeletons climbing over the railing and boarding the ship.
With a loud THWOMMM I unleash what look like rippling bursts of air at the skeletons.
Volley 6 +xp

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 3/10

I reel from the attack that I never even-<PC LOAD LETTER>
What the F/-/< was that!?
With a dangerous grace I regain my footing. Through the haze of visual distortion I can make out the <CONTEXT: NULL a05ds425f> that took my weapon. It's a nice weapon, I intend to get it back. I stomp across the deck, several paces (step to the side, lean to avoid a blade swing) to dart in and grasp the hilt of my sword. In that same instant I deploy anchors from my feet, holding me fast to the deck, I holster my pistol and reach toward the place this annoyance's body is most likely to be. RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR!
Hack & Slash 6 +xp
I divert extra power to my legs, which give off a stressed whining as I attempt to hold off the damnable strength of this <BAD SECTOR>
Immovable Object 9
You throw, push, or drag the enemy who tried to move you, moving them just as far as they would have moved you, in any direction you like.
I'm trying to drag it down to it's knees in front of me.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2016 around 05:25

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

so hey my computer chose tonight to die. I will try and keep up posting and hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

NULL DEV-ERROR
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 3/10 | -1WIS

̠̹͇̱̮̯̗̼͘͡ ҉͔͚̼͍̜̦͍ ̯́ͅ ̡̡̰͎̞͎̜̗S̫̲̤͍̲͡y̫s̼͡t͖͖̥̖̗̗͉̰̕e̛̮͙͚̹̟̕m̴̬̼͍̩̟ͅ ͖͜[̟̖b̷̶̦̥͕̲]̼͈̙̱̤͙̙̣̕͢E͉r͍̫̝͓͕̲̕̕r͙̼̖͈͘ó̳̪̹̻̰̼̼ͅr͍̤̦͍̲͈͟͜ ̩̯̀͜C͝҉͙̯̮̠͈̙͓̟o̭͈d̤͉͡e̟͇s̥͟ͅ[̷̴͔͎/̶̻̟̘̱̖͟ḇ͇̤̼̫̦̫͚͠]̵̳͔̺͓̰͚ͅ ̷͎͍̯͈̭͡(̸̞̫̫̫̱0̮͖̭͍̳̲̦-̛̘͔̮4̡͟҉̺̟̳̭͖9̸͓9͏̝̥͙̩̖̞)̡̥̦̪̖̺̻͙̀͠ ̷̢̙(̴͚̤̞͍̩͚́0̶̠͘x̡͔̠̱̙͕̝͖̞͜0̱̖̻͚͍-̺͓0̨̘̱̰̯x̛̱͔̤̩̠͔͙̳͞1̴̪̺̻f̸̞̖̮͚̠̼͔3̟̫̠̲͝͡)̪̠͍̗
̨̪̯̞̣͇͍̱͠ ̹̯͖͈̮̖ ̡̱̳̻̹̠͡ ̦̼́ ̷͎S̩̝̖͔͔̣̗͞y̪͓͢͡s̷͙͎̺ͅt͇͈́͡e͔̬̭̙̜͇͟͠͡m̧̩̻̥͈͞ ̛͕̠̦̮̮̀͟É̱̲̪̦͘r̙̝̦̗̫͇͢r̛̞͎͓͓͜o̴҉͇͓̮r̝̩̱̬̪̰͟͜ ̸̩̪͈͚͟C̯͎̘̫̀͢ǫ̪͖̝̙͉͙́ͅd̛̖͖̙͠e̵̢͍̟̳͉͍̗̮̰̻͢s̟̝̤̪͔͠ ̡̱̪̘̭͈͕̠̟̫̀̕[̴͙̗̘̥̖͝b̵͙̙͖]̺͚̦̹̟͉(̵̫̠̕5̢̨̮͙͚͍̜͇0̷̧̖͈͠ͅͅ0̻̥̕-͇́9̧͍̣̯̟̝̠̜͡͝9͉̞̦̦9̷̵̡̘)̙̪̩͔͓̫̼[̡̛̝͍/̢̞͓̪͇̳ͅb̴̫͜]̢̩͓͔͚̗̩̱̲͓ ̧̧̤͎͇̟(̶̳͙̹̩̦̹̞̝0̮̬̖̣̥̼̹͙̀x̘̲͟͠1̠͎͘͟f̧̡̛͙̳̲͓̫̻4̨̹̞͈̬̦̺̳̻̀-̺̯̟͕̙̭̤͠0̛̟͔̫̮̳͜x͚̪̩̣̯̦̩̣̟͢3̳͕͘͘e̵̜͈͉̬̣̯̰̬͜͝7̦̮̲̳̜̀)̸̷̦̠̱͕͓̗̝͘
̸̛̲͓̞̳̝̲ ̩͠ ͙̤̱͖̙̘̖̻͜ ͍͍͠ ͝҉̭̹̱͕̣̳̹S̙͎̰͉̜͝y̡̛͍̙̙̘̰͇̹ͅs̵̛̱̟̝͉̺̮t̨͇̰̙̟͈͠ę̶̝̺͙̣̱̱̞̝m̛̦̙͙͙̳̱̲ ̧͇̪̖̬̙E̴͔͟r̡̻̩̗͙͎͘͜r̡̬̝͕̜̦o̺̫̯̖̼͜r̬̺̰̬͡ ̘̱̙͍̣̝̹͖̕C̛̛͎̤̩͖͖̱̮o̷̲͔̺d̷͖͎̝e̵̜̜̝̱͓̱̦̘s̵͔̜̳͙̕͡ ̶̵̢̹̹͍̭(͚͎̀1̧͕̩̬̪͝ͅͅ0̨͈̼̖͎̫͈̬͔͡0̧̟̲͇0͈̥̜̙͕͢-҉̸͖̯̙́[̶̩̙̲͔̠̕͜b̪̼̲̲͘̕]̨͍͎̤͖̲1̶̭̝̦̣̝̹͘2̡͖͉̮̥́͟9̩̘̬̠͉̠̕͜͞9̨͍̟͟)̷͍̖͇̫̭̖̬ ̯͕̬͎̙̻͍̺(̟͓̬̟̠͚̘0͏̩͎̙̼̰͈͖x̨͕͇̦̙̜͉̖̲͜3̵̷̹̠e̝̰̺̜̖̫͚̮8̤̘̗̹̭ͅ[̼̭͓̼̣/̴̣ͅb̙̖̹̮̰̪̫͕͘̕]̸̻͚-̸̖̹̳͎̪̦̪͕̞̀̕0̵̺͕͓̯̮͠x͎̺̳̗̬̠͟͞5̶̦̙̯͚̣̝͔͔̠1̢̞͙̟3͍̮͚̬̖̖͘)͘͏̗̥̜͚
̸͓̺͔̜͈́ ̵̴̱͈̳͠ ̴͍̗̯̰̝̺́ ̟̦͕̰̳ ̛̗͙͓̘͞S͏̹̠ỳ̢̮̣̫̜̗̲̘̼s͟҉̗̱̟̹͓̲͖͚̀ţ̱͙̭̯͡ḙ̡̰̯̯͟m̠̹̞͠ ̤̤̀ͅẸ̸̢̗r̨͙̳͓̱͢r̘̪͜o͔̲̦̗̮̞͚͜͡r͘͜͏̮̯̯͕̭͕̺ ̴̨͉̗͠C͏̰̭ͅo̘͚̬̜̗̩̳͈d̮̮̳͍e̡͏̻̳̪̯̤͉̟̟̜s̷͉̝̹̖͎ ̨̯̜̝̳̘[̡̛͇̘͖̼̰̯b̸͏̜̟]̵̜̘͚̞̺͠ͅ(̷̲͉1̢̫̙̙͠3̸̱̳͙͕̤͢0̸̦͍̙̟́0̥͈-̟̞̮̳̻̳̳̦͚1̵͙̹6̰̞͙͢͡9̻͎̘͕͍̩9̜̱͚̫̫͈)̩͉̥̹̰̫͔͢͝[̟̫͉͉/̷̪͖̠̥b̷̞͉͙̮̩̲̹ͅ]͍̭̞̥̭͞ ҉̬(̷̱̘͈̀0̵̨͕͎̺̦x̞5̧̘̙̤̬̠͓̝͠1̛̯̫̺̩̙͜4̨̬̫͕-̢̗̦̞͇̠̬0̸̼̪̰͢x҉̙͙͕̮̕6̮͔͖a̸̡̫͞3̴̙̞͘͞ͅ)̴̵̨̮̤̗͚̦̣͙
̵̴̫̻̣ ̮͓̪̹̣͎̻͎͈́͜͞ ̵͔̬͈̺̰̠ ̴̢̗̜͍͓͉̣̰̤͇ ̣̻͇̩̹̦͡S͍̫̬̦̖̜y̶̷̢̲̺͕͇̼͚s̢̨҉͓̭̫t̥̫̯̩̗͎̬͘̕e̯̮̬̲̦͢͡ͅm̞̥̲̗̺̖̙͈ ̭͇͔͍͕̱̜̻[̰̙̜̕b̛͇̥̺͎̬͔̺̱̪]̧̮͍̗̕E̡̟̭̟̟̱͖͈̺r̵̖̥͓͝r̴͖̖̞o̙̭͕̹͉̠̣r̦͖̟͝[̙̲͢/̧͍̦̝̮̞̞͙͜b͏̧̟̰̬]̛̖̻̭͓̩͙ ̢̞̀͝C̻̺̹͙̗̖o̢̠͉̜̞̻ḍ̮͚̥̠̣͢͝ͅe̞͓͚̱͟s͕̙͖̠͇̜̝̱̕͠ ̨̝̩̦̼͉̱̭̕(̧̦͇͇͠1̛͢҉̮̘̭7̫̪̺̯̲̫0̛̫̝̰̀0̵̸͓̝̝̩̰͡-̧̼͓̦̟̙̩̙̤͍́3̶̰̜͕̣͖͢9̥̠̞̝9͙̕9̭̜̗͍͘ͅ)̣̱̲͓̩̮̤ ̙̩̳̳̠(̢͖͈̥̦̞̭̘́[̨̘̳̭͔̘̹͚͘b̥͚̬̺̮͔́̕]̷̵̥͔0̰̭͘͡x̡̡͏̥͉̘͉̯̯ͅ6̢̛͙̫̰̹͠ͅa͈̰̮̮̖̩͟ͅ4̤͉̪̯͎͔[̧͙̰̠͖̙́/̬͍̱͠b̛̦̗̮̣̲͓̫̖͠]̷̡̛̠̱̱̥̱̦̱͖-̲̘͉͢͞0͈͉̗̮͠x̠̘̜͈̣̙͔͘f̭̻̰̼͔̥͍̝͜͢9̤͎̭̫̬͔̬̀͡f̫̩̗͘)̜̬̖̦͞͝
̫̠̠̗͍͉̩̙́ ̸̵͇̹ ͏̧̺̩̥̯͚͎̀ ̭͎̺̪̜͙͟͝͡ ̥͈̥͔́S͇̼̩͔̟̣͓̼̀̕y̴̜̺̠̟͇̜s͏̗̙t̯̦͙͈̱̳̦͓e҉̶͚͙̗̹m̜̀ ͏̧̫̙̹͖͜E͙̠͘r̠̤͚̣ͅr͠͏̤̜̗͙͇ͅo̸̷͔̩̥͙r͏͏͖̳͈̪̟̝ͅ ̢̫̘͍͖͉C̥͔̲̥̟̩̖͝͡o̵͈̪͝d̴̹̪ȩ͈̭͈̪̦̕s̻͉͈̼̟̞̠̣ ̭̹̗͎͚̦̮̦̕(̹̝̘4̦̩0͢ͅ0̺̻̦̩͞ͅ0̛̗̲̭̯̙̤̼ͅ-̸҉̜̗̠͖̟5̡̼̟̘̹̲9̡̣̲͔͔͉̪̤́̕9͍͖9̴̩̙̜̕)̪̣͎͠ͅ ̘͚̱̺͙̻̝(̰͍̙͈̝̤̟0̰̠̫̯̭͔͓͘͜͜x̠̕f͚̝͖̻a̴̠̳̥̞̙̼͉0̯̞͎͍-҉̠͎̕͝0̵͕͙̙̰̲͚x̧̱̣̮̖̬̯̗͔̞1̭̮͙̼̺̟͙̥7̸̧̰6͕̣̼̗͚͍͠f̯͚̦̭̩͔͘͜͡)̸̧̜͙
͏͈̥͈̺͍̳̫͙ ̣̟̰̘͙̥̪̰͟ ̢̧͉͚̱͔̟̼͉̦ ̵̪͞ ̵͘͏̖̤[̨͈̻̺̬̦̰̩ͅb̛̝̪̭̳͜͠]̶̛̱͕͈̲̫͎̤Ş͈̗͉̹̯͓͙̞y̸͖̺̱͕͖̟̗s͇͖͇̠̯̯̲̖t͟҉̴̱̭e̤̮͚̯̕m̶̞͙͎̬̦͍̰̬͡ ̢͇̪̜̥É̺̦̳ṛ̸̮̻r̴̦͍̳͉̖̘͉̜̖o͉͔͍̮r͙͙̤̺̜ͅ ҉̳̭͔̘͉̠͓̙ͅC̡͇̳̺̯͟o̡̮̘̜͇͕̮̫̭̱͠d̟̙̦̭̰̖̪͎ͅę͚̗̲̦̲͇̮͎͘s̞̻[̸̘͔̣̩́͟/̮̜̤͜͠͞b̸͍̳͇̺̀]̸̲̗̬̬̫̙̜̱͍ ̖̤̀(̨̧͚̮̰̖̰̜6̘͈̼ͅ0̲̭̹̪̥͠0҉̥̗̥0̴̵̛̭̞͍-̪͚͠8̀҉̢̦̣̯͖̥̼1̧͎̝̙͈̘̤̕͘9̨͇̘͍̹͎͘ͅ9̤̺͕̹̲̯͞)̶̵̞̩̪̮̞̕ ̷͚͍͉̞̤̘̞͠(̤͇̠̝͙͡[͍̫̲͟b̼̥̹͙̜͢ͅ]̪̬͎͡0̰̫̭̩̝̞̳͝x̛͚̠͎̘͚̖̩̱̱̀͞1̸̨̲̻̜̼͚7̗̦̥̰̜̭͘͢7͏̴̟̻̣̰̝ͅ0̺̺̩͎̹̝̦̕͜-̵̢̮̹̣̙͍̟̯̝̫0̷̮̰̮͔̫̝̣͍̟͜x͡͏̗̠̤͉̙̞ͅ2̀͏̝̗̫̣̜̠͕0̖͔͕̝͡0͍͚̬̗͖̮͓̯͟7̢̝̦̤͈̳̗̯͎̜[̰̣̹̺͎̠̲/̖̞̳̮̫̫b̸̨̤̳͎̗̝ͅͅ]͙͓̟̙͔̜͍͞͠)̶̵̼͇
̶̢҉͚ ̗͖̻̬͈̰͘ ̨̛̲͓̰̯̘ͅ ͏̷̭̮̳͡ ̬̲̳̥̥͜ͅ[̼͙͚͢b̢̦̰̲ͅ]̴̭͚S̴̜̗̼̠̺͘͜y͎̻͕̺̕ș͍͈̘̗͜͞͞t̴͇͇̼͠e̛̬̫̩̜̟͝m̸͇̮̥͚̝[̸̷̗̤͚̬͙͔͕́ͅ/̘͔̘̕b̶̧͓̫̮͘ͅ]̡͚͎̟̰̟͖̼̹͟ ͚̜͕̻̖̭̟͔͖́E̺̬̗̙̜͍ͅr̝̖͞r̡̘̱͕̭͍̪̫͚͙͘͞o̸̭̟̦̭r̗͉̀ ̷̨̜̖̺̜C̴̳̥͍̞̙͉͟o̪̰̼̳̦̟̠d̶̘̬̲͈̙̬̥͍è͇̺̦̰̪̫s͏̰̀ ̵͈̭͚̰(҉͍̱̮̬8̡̢̬͚͓̤͓̬̲̰2̵͕̣0̺̯̯͜0͉͚-͚̳8̜͚̫̬͎9̧̰̺̻̱̻͎͢9̴̵̙̦̬̗̜̣̬̬͙͘9̸͎͚̳̹̼)̡̩̘͙̫́ ̶͏͏̪̺̜(͙̪͡0̣̜̖̪͇͢x̷̡̳̞̙͟2̨̜̦̼̮̻̲̘́0̼̳̺̪̮͜0͏̼̩͙̭̦͔̗͚8̠̭̰͇̫-̤̼̫̺ͅ[̼̞̰̀͜b̩̣̤̱̙̗́]̹͢͢0͔̞̩́́͞x̢̢̬̥͎̬2҉͍̥̼͍̱̳3͙̩̘̺2̶͚̖̻͉͙̭̟7͙̺͝[̪/̕҉̡̠͚͖b͙̘͜]͏̥͚͙̘͈͢)͈̗͈͇
̸̫̦̙͍̬͎̥͎̙͠ ̸͚̞͍̟͙͢ ͘͏̠͉̬͖́ ͈̟̠͖̖́ ̨̛̗̙̺S̫̝̦͚y̶͔̫ṣ̲̻t̬̘͇͍͘e͇̦̬͖̦͈͔̟ͅm̖͓͖̹̩̞͍ͅ ̡̦̹͖̻̜E̫̠̞ͅr͏͓̺͈̙̳r̴͏͈͈o̬̣͜ͅr̷̨͚̜̠ ̶͖͕͈̭͍͎̠̱͔[̸̧͔͞b̸̢̥̟̤̤͢]̶͕̙̳̲̣͖͔͎̟͢Ç͇͚̝̞̟̱͢ͅͅo͚̳̮̺̞̦̖̫ͅḓ̭̱͎̩̪͚̜e̷͕̝̻̪̬̰̝̖͇s̸̱̼̼̘͡͞[͚͉͟͟/̷͙̻̕͜b̨̪͓̤]͓̜̝ ̢̗͚̣̼͙̣̱͢͢(̢̦̫̤9̜͕̫͙̱̞͇̻̀͝0͇͇͇̬̤͜0̡̛̙͉͇͢0̲̣̲̲̲̝̠̯̱-̸̜͔̦̖̹͚̻ͅ1̣͎̩̕͝1̢̦̦͓͚̖́9̙̭̕9͏̪̯̠͚9̗̘̲̮̤͍̭́)̘̤̙̞ ͇̼̳̩̘͓̪̭(̛̣̲̞̗̘0̴̲̹̖͉̕͟x͏̣̜̫̲͡2̦̘̟̠̙́3҉͖͇̱͍̲̠͠2̹͔͖̣̟̺͔́͠ͅ8̵̱̤̝-͏͉͇̳̱̀[͏̨͏̱̫͍̰̯̻b̀҉̝͇̭̤̹̗̲͇͚]͢ͅ0̖͉͈̩̩̠̲͈͠x̷͉͙̠͚̗̀ͅ2̬̙͖̣̮̬͠͠e̠͔̮͕d͖̥͖̖͍͚̮̫͖f̧͖͍̗[̨̝/̶̗͉̦̞̩b̼̻͓̭̠͇̲͜͢]҉͏͏͓̞ͅ)̴̛̹͍̠͈̤̠͓́
̻̩̤̪̻̺̫̩͓͠͡ ̶̛̱̩̮̣͇͠ ̰͎ͅ ̸̺̺͓̠͝ ̛̪͠S̷҉̙͇͕̥͟y̦̙͙̥ͅṣ̛̯͟t͇̘̮̩e̹̹̭̟̞̤͓͚̯m͘҉̱̻̭͎̭́ ̶̶̜͇E̛͚̜̙̖̦͕ͅr̸͉̩̻͜r̝͚͔͎̫̀o͓̜̦͉r҉̭̮̠ ̛̯͇ͅC̼̠͚̕͝o͏̭̻̱͠d̖̯͢e̗͇̖̟̩̹͚̬͔̕s͏̪̩͎̞̲̙͟ ̵͕̼[͏̣̻̱b͕͖̠̗́]̛̼͎̺̼̙͉(̢͈̥̹̱̠1͎͈̳2̷̢̦͠0͚0̦̻͉̰̦̟͝0̡͏͔͔̩͈̖̜̦͎̹-͓͙̝͉̰͡1͚͓̬́̕ͅ5͔̰͕̯͝9̵͖̦͙̘9̸̹͝9̵̨̻̮̘͉͚)̴̤͕͇͓̀[̴̫̬̀/͏҉͎̟̠b̟̭͇̦̮ͅ]͕̭̜̰̥̦̣̳͈ ̬͉͝(͏͔͇͚̟͙͔̘͡0̝̱x̸͙͓̻͓̫̙͝2̨͓͚̰̥̫̩̕ę̩͙̟̫̮̙̳͈̮ḙ0̸̥̩̝͟-̴̠̬͘0͏͕͎̪̥̦͟x̷̼͎͍̱̤3̨͍͉͕̜̰̦͍̀͘e̶̬̼̜7̭̰̞̬̝̺̰̬f͉̝̰̩̻)̡͕̣̺̖̹͘͡

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 3/10 | -1WIS

/
.../
/

/

/I:CMD~Hello World/
...
Boot Cycle Y/N?
...Y

\\
\\
\\\\\...

Activation +0.00000000000000000000000000001 seconds

As I power on my Ocular sensor begins to give off a dim red glow. Omnidrectional audio pickups make out the ongoing sounds of terrified combat. I search recent memory >NULL SECTOR BAD-<.
Odd. Gyrotic Stabilizers engage and tell me that I'm rocking back and forth...On a boat? yes.
Activation +0.00000000000000000000000000007 seconds
I take stock as each system and subsystem signals readiness.
Activation +0.00000000000000000000000000021 seconds
I disengage foot anchors, and stand up, puzzled by the battle around me. Animated skeletons tear softskins apart, other softskins appear to do battle with thin air. Invisible enemies? Logic checks out.
Weapon systems>
>Gun
[Ready]
>Sword
[Not Found]

Suboptimal. Current Priority: Locate Sword.
I sway a little as my systems align, internal tracking says my sword is just over the side, I steadily make my way to the edge swinging my arms out and snapping, crushing, and scattering skeletons left and right.
Hack & Slash 15
dealing +1d6 damage, leaving myself open
damage 7 messy, forceful

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 20/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 3/10 | -1WIS

Next Target>>
Softskin
Terrified (Hostile)
Armed...
...ENGAGE

I step into the cutlass' swing, robbing the attack of momentum. My alloyed fist strikes out, catching the man in the throat and crushing it.
Hack & Slash 7
damage 4 messy, forceful


quote:

When you reboot (your call how long that takes), tell us about the last time you came across something older than you.
About 50 years ago, I had occasion to hunt a cabal of softskins into an ancient underground ruin, turns out it was an old Maker bunker. I caught up to the softskins but they had already been killed by a Warframe much like myself, it was twice my size and much more heavily armed and armored. We spoke at length, it had been kept in a dormant state since before the war that caused the Extinguishing Event until these idiot fleshbags activated it. I explained what had happened, the war, the fall, the gibbering animals our masters' descendents had become...and then I tore its Thoughtshard from its chassis and crushed it.

I had need of its parts to effect repairs on several of my own aging critical systems.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 20/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 4/10 | -1WIS

I pick up my sword, examining it briefly for damage before sheathing it. The formerly armored softskin is angry but misinformed it seems. I turn back in time to watch the elderly thief perform his magic. The matter is settled.
I follow the holy thief to the engine room, background chatter among the softskins indicates a high chance of another attack there and My Lady seems unharmed and occupied. As we pass among through holds and rooms to the bowels of the ship, I once more grip my blade.
It's odd that I was unable to identify these undead creatures when they first attacked, or why the NULL SET is BAD SECTOR. I have detailed files on all manner of dangerous phenomena along with heuristic engrams for efficiently engaging those threats.
What do I know about fighting ghosts that pertains to this situation?
Spout Lore 3 +xp
haha NULL loving SET indeed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 20/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 4/10 | -1WIS

I continue toward the engines, passing Clavo as we reach the wounded. I pass the captain and Ramona talking, and kick in the engine room door, scanners at maximum as I bring my blade up to guard position and set a wide stance. Suddenly an untagged and badly distorted audio record buzzes through my mind I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts. Odd, should we survive this incident, I will have to do a thorough debugging routine of my central processors. These glitches are unacceptable.
Defend 9
Open up the attacker to an ally giving that ally +1 forward against the attacker

Ramona has weaponry that specifically harms ghosts, I probably don't, so logic dictates I should tank for her, especially since she's without armor at the moment. Ramona gets +1 forward to whatever attacks me.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 20/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 4/10 | -1WIS

I step closer to Ramona, swing my blade up to parry away the objects flying towards us. My intention is to keep her clear so she can attack these anomalies and destroy them...why isn't she attacking? Softskins are frustratingly incomprehensible.

Error 404 posted:

Defending Ramona
Defend 9
Open up the attacker to an ally giving that ally +1 forward against the attacker

Ramona has weaponry that specifically harms ghosts, I probably don't, so logic dictates I should tank for her, especially since she's without armor at the moment. Ramona gets +1 forward to whatever attacks me.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

As the Ramona continues marching proudly into some meat-based dementia, roughly half of the thermal anomalies retreat back into the engines...odd.
The Ramona manhandles me, dispatches her rebellious hallucinations. I stand guard over the unarmored warrior, as was my original intent, though I could do without the theatrics.
The head softskin in charge is threatening us now, pathetic. But hey, at least my Directives allow action, I surge forward, bringing up my blade at an oblique angle, intending to vertically bisect this weakling.
Hack & Slash 8 6 +xp
Thanks
damage 4 messy

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2016 around 16:58

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

I watch impassively as the Ramona blathers on, I'm recording her words for later examination, but for now it's simply background noise as I think. I do catch the word magnetize. Is that how these softskins are able to affect the anomalies? It bears testing. The Ramona points at the ship, gesturing overboard. I'm supposed to just jump into an ocean? Not likely, fleshie.
Finally, she stomps off to throw words at someone else, but there's a plan now. I take several cycles to reroute power into my external plating until I can match the frequency I detected her weapon operates at. I give off small sparks as bits of airborne ice and snow impact my electrified surface. Then with judicious timing of the extensions and retractions of my foot anchors, I charge forward across the deck, on a path straight towards the area of the anomalous 'ship' that intersects ours. Within 2.3688 seconds I impact...
Unstoppable Force 8
Force your way past an obstacle(ghost ship) in your path
Cause great damage to an inanimate object or obstacle (ghost ship) that is in your way

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

quote:

I’m writing under the assumption that you’re going in the direction that it’d benefit everybody the most to cause great damage to the ship in
In general this is a good assumption to make. IC I'm a murderbot, but OOC I'm very much trying to help/be part of the team.

The presence of the harmed softskin puzzles me for exactly 0.0000000321 seconds, Serenity and the Lantern have both shown capability in healing, they must have done so to keep this one alive, it is not currently presenting a threat, if My Lady spent the effort to keep this one alive there's likely a reason, and therefore it doesn't rate further processing dedicated to its continued existence unless it becomes a threat again. There are bigger problems, namely these anomalies.

Speaking of, apparently the nothing-stuff that constitutes these anomalies are in fact vulnerable to differential electromagnetic interference. This is useful information. I extend my charging cycles from my external plating down the length of my blade, as well as cycle the emitter matrices of my blaster through random cycles. Tangential frequency cascades should prove effective at disrupting the anomalous cohesion states...

Almost as if summoned, my sensors detect a telltale drag-thump..., Theoretical became experimental when I trampled through the anomaly just now, let's make the experimental into the practical in more direct combat...
In each hand my weapons flash as frost continues to sizzle and spark around me, I step forward and put myself in between these weak fleshed ones and the likeliest direction of that noise.
Unbidden, a partial ROM file of an ancient conversation is accessed deep within my shard and routes through my voxponder. "...something wicked this way comes..."
I fire my foot anchors to secure myself to the deck and stand ready.
Immovable Object 10
You are not moved
You throw, push, or drag the enemy who tried to move you, moving them just as far as they would have moved you, in any direction you like.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

These new flesh-things launch themselves at me, armed with nothing more dangerous than tools, these things pose no threat to me, however they can harm the softskin crew everyone is always complaining about. My directive is clear.
I carve them to pieces leisurely, my blade forming graceful arcs of viscera where it intersects undead flesh. I disenge my anchors to gain some mobility as I work.
Hack & Slash 10
damage 7
That done, I turn to see another of these husks atop the Ork. With a flourish I flick rotting goo off of my blade and stalk towards the prone chef.
"Hold still."
I kick out a foot, attempting to dislodge the thing so that I can dismember it without killing Thrash as well.
Doing a Defend of Thrash for my second 'what do you do?'
Defend 8
Redirect an attack from the thing you defend to yourself

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

!!!!******>--> s�D�!욈=��`:$ > Noetic::Optical::BufferOverflowException: afferent thread at <0x00001787a20> received SIGABRT, restarting...
Optics...
NULL FEED
...processing...


3 targets.
Target designate 1: the thump-thump-sploosh of a torso dragging itself.
Target designate 2: pressure sensors informing me I am being grappled.
Target designate 3: unable to discern target between background noise and other softskin-...non-viable targets.

I allocate extra processing to my other sensors, attempting to build a coherent sense of what's happening.
Defy Danger INT 7
But there's too much going on, too many sources of sound: feet stomping, objects being slammed and kicked and dragged and thrown, zombies groaning, people shouting and screaming, one of the softskins is even praying. The wall of sound in this very enclosed room renders me even more blind.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2016 around 05:09

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

I swing around, trying to whip the two dead softskins off of me.
Defy Danger (STR) 13

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

I strike out at the nearest noise I can reasonably assume to be one of the not-deads.
Hack & Slash 14
damage: 1d8+1 9

With a burst of static, my Ocular sensor feed resumes, bringing the auditory pandemonium into focus, softskin crew staggering at random, the orc bellowing and flailing at a not-dead.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS
@noetic: ~$
//subdir-query -- $plybk: Is he alive or dead?

My Lady's voice registers in the auditory melange, my answer is cut short by the flaming not-dead attempting to remove the orc's head. Suboptimal.
$plybk-~: Has he thoughts within his head?
Directives suggest saving the orc takes priority. I step forward to do battle with the flaming corpse.
Hack & Slash 10
choosing extra 1d6 dmg
damage 8
I bring up my sword in another graceful arc, tearing into the crackling flesh of the not-dead, to be followed with a kick to dislodge it from the Orc.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 5/10 | -1WIS

With the battle ended, I minimally acknowledge Serenity and begin a thorough search of the area for any other dangers. I no longer have need to interact with the greasy meat-creatures, and so maintain silence.

Are we planning to rest up a bit now? are we Making Camp?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Alumnus Post posted:

Making Camp and End of Session to follow shortly! I've been holding off on writing it pending any posts InfiniteOregano and Teonis might make before the 28th. Sorry for the delay, guys.

No worries, just saying I'm p much done unless something else happens.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 25/25 | Armor 3/3 | XP 9/10

I seek out relative peace and quiet in a darkened hold. The solitude aids me in a defragmenting my operant conditions. (removing the -WIS debility)


@noetic: ~$
//subdir-query -- $sudo -memcache:

quote:

When you reach the end of a session, choose one of your bonds that you feel is resolved

NEGATIVE RESOLUTION OF EXTERNAL DIRECTIVES

quote:

If you fulfilled that alignment at least once this session, mark XP.
AFFIRMATIVE: Jaime stood in my way +xp

quote:

Did we learn something new and important about the world?
Non-corporeal anomalous entities are difficult to track and fight. +xp

quote:

Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy?
Non-Corporeal anomalous entities in several variant forms: ELIMINATED +xp

quote:

Did we loot a memorable treasure?
The Ship. broken and bereft, but functional. Ours now since The Ramona killed the captain. +xp

END $memcache -sudo

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 26/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

...
>SIGINT PING: $LOCAL<
DesRef?
BOOT SUBROM\\LastknownPHYS-emplatebackup
>>Combat routines
>>Biological/Anatomical profiles
>>Sub-Noetic Magitechnical Mechanical Readouts
>>Memcache>RAM CurrentProfile settings-$m0d
...Y/N>Y

I can 'feel' the dying echoes of the Sonar vibrate through the hull and my own body as my subprocessors regain control. A sonar query indicates $UnknownObject, $Unknown indicates danger with a probablility 73% likelihood +/-2.0235%
I rise from my rest position, and make my swiftly through the nearly crippled ship to the command console from which Tutresiel is working. I process the readout on the Kraken.
"This ship is badly damaged, according to my directive I cannot allow us to enter another protracted fight. We should find solid land. Now."

I don't wait for a response, already exiting the cabin and taking a stand on the main deck, weapons free, standing ready to engage anything trying to climb onto the ship.




E: Since Padre left, I'm gonna go ahead and resolve his Bond and take +xp from it, which brings me to a level up:
+1 CON
New Move - Search and Destroy
When you are given the order to kill something, take +1d4 forward to
damage against it.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Mar 29, 2016 around 22:31

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 26/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

Point of order: My blaster isn't really sound, it's more like condensed kinetic energy. I just thought the visual of a ball of wobbly air as a projectile seemed cool.
Also, yeah helping with repairs is totally cool.


Then:
I finish punching the last replacement rivet by hand. The engines should hold for now. At least long enough to reach the raft. I leave the softskins to reprime and turn the engine on. It makes an agreeable hum as I make my way back up to the main deck. From here I idly scan the ruins and statuary on shore...
Spout Lore 9


Now:
I remained on deck as the softskins attended to refueling, I was planning my attack just as Ramona stole my blaster. Irritating human. Once the last glows of her blast died down, I snatch up the ruined pieces of my weapon, and reclaim the component she'd taken from it, not especially caring if I broke her own weapon in doing so. I shove the broken blaster parts into a storage compartment. With a flourish of my sword, I leap from the boat into the water of the bay to take on the Kraken directly.

I grasp one of it's flailing tentacles as I sink, ready to drive my blade deep into it's flesh.
Hack & Slash 12
trading blows for +1d6 dmg
damage 5

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

Having severed its limb, and shattered it's beak, I drift down deeper, leaking fluids until autonomous repair protocols reroute or plug the leaks. I get an up close view of the beast imploding, bits of its flesh cascade down toward me.
I'm in need of repair, but not incapacitated as I hit the bottom of the bay, sinking slightly into the silt there. No, I'm entirely too dense to swim, but not far from the ship's anchor, and I can walk. I start climbing the anchor chain, soon reaching the deck once more.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2016 around 01:08

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

Summoned by My Lady fleshbag, I make my way to the deck. I stand beside her for a moment.
"Your new friend stole from me, I follow your directives, but her action diminishes my ability to defend myself, which thus constitutes a threat. I will seek repairs as first priority in this place, please warn her that my directive holding me in your service will not prevent me from acting against her should she continue."

So, I'm planning to find parts to repair myself and my blaster, maybe even make other weapons too. Should I roll something, or just wander around til I find someone with parts?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Alumnus Post posted:

01
Ramona took your blaster part in for repairs: fees are 10 coin and it'll be ready for pickup when somebody goes to the shop during business hours, coin in hand.
You can safely assume repair kits are for sale somewhere on the Raft; no roll necessary.
If you want to make entirely new, customized weaponry, that meets your standards for a decent gun or blade, you'll need to roll to Supply. The technology powering your weapons is ancient and poorly-understood. Finding a gunsmith competent enough to meet your standards
and well-equipped enough to work at that level of sophistication may be difficult. If you just want ordinary weapons, the kind a softskin would use, you can find them and don't need to roll.

Good to know. And yeah I'm looking into just extra normal weapons aside from parts then.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

I nod to Serenity, and take my leave.
After some time spent wandering in search of this repairman who had my blaster's part, I finally turn down the small, cramped, corridor where their workshop is kept. As I walk in, a young Orkh woman looks up from her seat at the counter. I search my memory emplates for Orkhish. "<Greetings. I was informed that an associate of mine left a part with you to be repaired, I have come to collect it. I do not possess any currency at this time, but I can work out a trade should you wish. I am quite skilled at killing things.>"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

"I am requesting the kinetic force amplifier module that was brought here, you will give it to me or I will take it." I respond. As the last syllable is projected from my voxer, I activat several battle ROMs, and tactical emplates in preparation for further escalation from this...Nizhda.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

I draw my sword, activate it, and take a ready stance. The blade emits a low hum and the edge glows its customary blue. Typically I would exploit a softskin's unstable emotionality with a well placed comment, to goad it into acting recklessly, but that tactic doesn't seem to apply here. So instead I state simply:

"Let us proceed."
Defend 9
Halve the attack’s effect or damage





Heads up: I'm heading out of town for the next few days, so posting ain't happening until at least friday, but maybe longer. I'll try and get a post in when I can, but no promises.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

The primitive machine has strength, yes. It outmasses me, certainly, but the builders for which I served as a Administrator understood war and conflict on a level never seen since. My bipedal...humanoid form was designed purposefully to take best advantage of the natural flexibility and leverage of martial combat, to overcome all odds through infinite adaptability. Building for pure strength is an engineering dead-end because you lose flexibility and become unable to adapt. A flaw which I will now demonstrate for my erstwhile kin.

Following the ancient Path of River's Flow, a classic style of combat devised thousands of years before my own creation by Praetor Malus, over-general of the millionth host in the thrice great war. I surprise the lesser mech by releasing my sword unexpectedly. The bot staggers back its own weight and strength and sheer momentum unbalanced without my resistance, I drop down and strike a joint servo on its leg, warping the alloy and disabling movement. (basically I shattered it's knee), I push off with all my strength, popping back up with a strike to it's head-mounted sensor cluster (punched him in the face/eyes), whereupon I push forward and turn gracefully along the bot's body, coming to a stop behind it, and once more grasping my sword's handle and sliding it free of the flailing machine's grip (maybe slicing off a finger or whatever).

With my sword free, I angle the blade and stab with all of my own considerable strength, past the spinal supports and through the coolant processors, rupturing the internal power supply.
Hack & Slash 12
Adding +d6 to damage for being left open
damage 8 messy



quote:

Oh and also you still need to answer Serenity's question from Charming and Open: what can she do to stay your wrath while still affording you the rights of a sentient being? Once you've answered that, you can ask her a question of your own the next time you see her.
This is a tricky question, because OOC, I don't care, I was just posturing for laughs.
And IC, I guess 01 is frustrated that Ramona keeps clowning on It, taking It's stuff, tripping It up in combat, constantly talking poo poo to It, etc. When normally 01 instantly destroys opposition, but can't because of the current directive.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11
Take whatever you want in guns, ammo, or armor from the gun shop’s stocks, within reason. Most guns are 2-weight; pistols are 1-weight, anything heavier than a rifle is 3-weight or more. Ammo varies by kind of gun: the bigger the gun, the less the ammo you get per 1-weight. You tell me what you get and I’ll tell you what to add to your inventory.
Loot 35 coin from the register.


The shotgun impact scuffs my armor and spins me around, but otherwise does nothing. I let the scurrying fleshbag escape, pursuing her would simply waste time. I quickly snatch up my gun's part, slotting it in until it clicks. An indicator light blinks a few times before holding steady and my auditory pickups measure a slight subharmonic hum as the weapon re-initializes.
Satisfied, I holster my gun and blade, feeling almost whole.

I scan the room, running a cost/benefit analysis at the moment I spot the tarp. If Aqualantis is to be cleansed, as my lady and I were hired to do, we must have more guns. Lot's of guns.

I unfurl the tarp, and lay out the two largest and heaviest looking weapons in the shop, along with reloads. I wrap the bundle securely and tie it, using The Ramona's spear as a carrying handle as I head out swiftly into the darkening evening back to the ship. Once I drop off my haul, I will head out again to find a nearby mechanist's shop for repair parts (if it's not too late in the evening for them to be open)

taking 2 BFGs and however much extra ammo 1 weight gets me (7 weight)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

as is customary, I remain silent around the others. I quickly scan the wretched creature before us for threats. He represents none. Which leads to logic points 1, 2, and 3.
1. Serenity will likely take pity on it.
2. I am still bound to follow her directives
3. That means the people in coats are now tagged as possible threats.

If I were biological, this is where I'd sigh, instead I shift my load to my other shoulder, and unholster my newly repaired blaster. I follow one of the few 'de-escalate a situation' imprints within my memory. aiming my blaster at their feet rather than their faces.

"Desist all blathering and attempts to capture this thing, I am far more of a danger to you than it is to anyone. Stand-by for the interminable verbal locutions of the Lady Serenity." my voxponder calls out, at the appropriate volume for all present to hear.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

The moment passes, the fleshies turn to talking. I reholster the blaster and wait silently for things to proceed. I do, however, scan the immediate area as thoroughly as my sensors allow.
Discern Realities 7
What is about to happen?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11 | 2-hold

It seems Ramona has Serenity covered, I'm not entirely certain Tutresiel can be hurt, so I usher the other soft-skins into a nearby doorway, out of direct line of sight, but with a view on both the clinic/boat, and the direction I hear the patrol coming from.
I unceremoniously dump my load of weapons at the followers' feet. "guard these or I hurt you." I tell them, unsheathing sword and blaster, I take up a position with them behind me.
Defend 11
Open up the attacker to an ally giving that ally +1 forward against the attacker
and holding 2

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 19/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 0/11

ditching the hold, the best Defense is a good Offense

"Nori use the guns I gave you." I call out as I ramp up my body into overdrive. Blade in one hand, blaster in the other I step out, take two steps to build momentum leap and push off a crate to propel myself the dozens of feet back and upwards to the catwalk full of enemies. (Big Jumps are a thing I can do per Iron Dabbler move)

I slide and twist between them, as I slash one, kick out and shatter the ribcage of another, stab the first, then the other, flinging both men over the railing. I move through them like the shadow of death.
Hack & Slash 13
leaving myself open for +d6
damage 7 messy

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2016 around 05:50

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 18/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 1/11

At Nori's call, I hop the catwalk's railing and land in the hatchway again. The exact details escape me, but from what I can tell, either the Ramona or Lady Serenity own this one, and so I should protect her. Besides, she has one of my new guns.

With a fluid swiftness, I charge down the stairs to where Nori is, interposing myself between her and the enemy, without obscuring her aim.
Defend 11
Redirect an attack from (Nori) to yourself
Halve the attack’s effect or damage
Open up the attacker to (Nori?) giving that ally +1 forward against the attacker

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 17/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 1/11

"Catch your breath. Stay back and in cover. I will flush them out." I tell her, my voxer making the words terse and clipped. In the confines of the corridor, my combat processors determine bladework to be my best option, I holster the blaster and take a two handed grip as I stalk forward to root out these enemies. I turn down the most likely direction they'd have gone, until I reach whatever door or barricade they've chosen to hide behind. (Not sure if they're just around the corner of the T-junction, or what)

Once more, I charge in close to negate their firearms, slicing off the gun arm of one, kicking out and collapsing the ribs of another, shoulder checking a third man's head into a bulkhead-crushing it. In general I am causing as much damage in as short a period as possible in the most efficient ways possible. I don't take prisoners.
Hack & Slash 9
damage 6 messy
Decided to move on from defense, so burning that hold on nothing.
New Bond: I have saved Nori's life, I will expect compensation

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

01
HP: 26/26 | Armor 3/3 | XP 6/11

Then
I stare at the Ramona for what seems like a long moment, the occasional spark jumping from the holes in my head. I sheathe my weapons and turn to reclaim my weapons from Nori. After a few limping steps as my knee socket catches, I respond. "You do not command me, but your proposal is acceptable."

FWIW I think we're all in End of Session mode here, and at this point self-preservation routines will kick in and 01's priority is repairing itself. So since I plan to fully repair myself as well as buy enough supply to repair myself in the field (whatever way we want to fluff it, I'm planning on buying the robot equivalent of healing potions and bandages) I'm not sure if either the damage or the bad joint are much of a weighty consequence. So what if we do it like this:
you hold 2, and at any point you can spend a hold to take away my Movement Method (joint gives out, hydraulics act up) for the rest of the Fight/Scene until the hold is gone?


Now
I spend my time silently among the others, a toolkit sitting open on the table beside my head, as I guide my arms in the process of cutting away warped armor and rewelding new patches. the holes on the sides of my head stand out slightly, the new material shinier and less scuffed than the rest. Luckily I only had to purge a single corrupted sector of memory, the head wound could have been much worse.

The body work is a bit trickier, thus requiring mirrors and the removal of my head to give my scanners the correct angle to address the problems. I rewire or and replace several components.

The Ramona is once more consuming substandard fuel, her functions are obviously impaired. Maybe she'll do something entertaining, like soil herself.

I've got 35 coin, and I'm pretty ok with just spending that to get the stuff I mentioned above and skipping the interaction part
Repair Parts Bandages 3 uses, slow, 5 coins, 0 weight
When you have a few minutes to repair yourself bandage someone else’s wounds, heal 4 damage and expend a use.

So I'll spend 15 coin to get 3 sets (9 uses)

As for the heavy weapons, I think I'll let Nori keep the Machine gun, and whoever wants to anti-materiel rifle can have it. And I return Ramona's spear to her.



END OF SESSION
Bonds: Nothing resolved for now
Alignment/Drive: Fulfilled, +xp
Did we learn something new and important about the world? Yes, There's a sickness, Mercs are after us, etc. +xp
Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy? Yes, Ghost ship and Kraken. +xp
Did we loot a memorable treasure? A crew of ghosts, big rear end guns, whatever happened to Tutresiel. +xp

Error 404 fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2016 around 21:09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009


MAGE CURES PLOT

Groovy, I was taking bandages from the DW book, I'll amend it.

As for armor, can't we just give Nori a set from the dead mercs?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »