Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
This is definitely my favorite Arrowverse show right now. Now, if they could only make the main bad guy not job so hard every episode... hopefully they'll get someone more threatening next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

twistedmentat posted:

So lets say they defeat Savage this season, who do they set up as the Villain of the second season? DC doesn't have quite the number of time traveling villains as Marvel does.

Mr. Mind.

Pwnstar posted:

The best of of this show is Snart speaking entirely in comic book dialogue.

I really appreciate it when he occasionally drops the silly speech pattern and talks like a normal human being, like when he met himself in the past.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Wasn't it implied that Malcolm had something to do with bringing him back when they turned him into dust? I assumed someone from the outside would have to help him to revive, but eh, who knows at this point. He still seems like a total pushover, I don't get him as a big threatening villain, even in the comics.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Alternatively, make Caitlin fall in love with him.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'll never get tired of seeing Ray screwing up/losing in general in every episode.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
He also gave a big speech to Sara about not having to kill Stein. Then again, maybe he was just trying to get into her assassin-tight pants.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Maybe in season 5 the team can fight Darkseid across time and space.

And Snart will be there to steal his wallet.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Bruceski posted:

Everyone has been pushing this ever since Arrow/Flash got so many actors with singing experience. And one from Glee.

I've been wanting this since day 1. There should be a campaign by now, or someone should ask the producers directly.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Already happened in Earth-3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQfW9oK1G4

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rhyno posted:

Did anyone else think that Ray's "Rip Hunter recruited us to become LEGENDS" line was the worst loving thing in the series thus far?

It's okay because by the end of the season, the punchline will be that no one will ever know they saved the world across time. It already happened in the weekly 52 comics.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Hawkman is Pierce. They were both into weird religions.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

twistedmentat posted:

Vandal doesn't seem like a threat at all.

The problem is the team is overpowered as all hell compared to any villain they could've used instead of Savage. The only real threat of the show is the team's weekly incompetence.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
God drat, Rip was a complete rear end in a top hat to Mick there. And now he's... frozen until Snart gets him back? Let's hope he's only gone for one episode or something. :(

Really liked the way Mick fought against Sara. Just pure brute strength.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

BrianWilly posted:

Step back kids, Felicity's got this.

Don't even joke about that.

Binary Logic posted:

Don't fret, eventually the two men will hold hands and become a flaming couple

of superheroes Jays.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So technically Hawkgirl and Hawkman are Thanagarians, neat.

Good thing not-Bobba Fett had his death rifle set to stun at the end there!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
We're getting a season 2! :woop:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

X-O posted:

Season two will be terrible without Snart since he's doing another show. He's the only thing worth watching on this one.

Sarah's been pretty awesome since the first episode, I wouldn't mind her staying. Same goes for Stein, really. I... I think I even like Ray at this point, too. But not Kendra, she can go. Then they'll need to find more female superheroes to even things out.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
We won't miss Cold as much once they introduce the Blue and Gold. :smug:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Mick wasn't trying to kill the crew as Chronos, he was just trying to stop them from leaving him behind. :ohdear:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The crew realizes in the season finale that there's been a gas leak on the ship since the first episode. Once they fix it, they'll rush Savage and kill him before the first commercial break.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Captain Cold being a badass both in fiction and real life.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Once again, the team proves to be way more dangerous and threating to themselves than Vandal Savage ever was.

This is the best comic show for me this year. :allears:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I thought we'd be getting giant robots like we've seen in the show's very first promos, since it was the future and all. No dice. :(

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The team travels back to 1861 where Vandal Savage poses as the president of the United States. Tragedy strikes when they mistake him for the wrong guy at Ford's Theatre.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

FactsAreUseless posted:

In 1492, Vandal Savage sails the ocean blue. The team spray-paint "Nina" onto the side of the Time Caresser, hoping to blend in. They don't. Sara makes out with Queen Isabella of Spain.

Does DC have any pirate themed heroes or villains? I want to see a pirate episode now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

boom boom boom posted:

Qu'est-ce que c'est

All I know abot this guy is that he got his face smashed in by Black Adam, Three Stooges-style.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The team is perfect the way it is (except for Hawkgirl), but they do need some better villains in there.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Feels like someone should be making a Legends of Tomorrow Plot Generator.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Binary Badger posted:

In the comics, he has tons of kids/descendants whose existence is literally only to provide an organ bank for him; when one of his parts starts going on the fritz, he just goes to a family tree chart and picks one out, has them kidnapped/murdered and gets his part replaced.

Dunno how they handle the brain though.

... Organ harvesting? But uhhh I thought he couldn't die no matter what. Maybe the gang should invite him out for drinks until he gets alcohol poisoning. Sara and Snart could drink him under the table.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Chokes McGee posted:

Every time I hear Wilhelm Scream my brain auto substitutes Goofy Holler and I'm gonna be honest with you it makes life better

I thought I was the only one!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
It's Hamlet's opening night, and Vandal Savage has kidnapped William Shakespeare in an attempt to control the crown. Snart has to replace the famous playwright until the team gets him back. Ray forgets to change his clothes but no one notices.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why would anyone want more screentime for the Hawkpeople?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think the best part was hardcore paintball players the hunters getting their asses kicked so easily. Don't worry though, the time masters are using T2 rules to finally stop the team.

I couldn't believe Ray straight up murdered a guy! He's hardcore now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rhyno posted:

The year is 2016 and Rhyno can't handle the stereotypical young angry black man bullshit the writers are giving Jax and seriously the way Wentworth Miller delivers his lines got old after the second episode.

He can talk normally when he wants to, like in that episode where he met his younger self, he just enjoys annoying the crap out of people with his supervillain shtick.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
You gotta admit, he's a bit of a hothead

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

FactsAreUseless posted:

"The Time Masters have sent Chronos to kill us!"

"Who's that?"

"An unstoppable assassin who will stop at nothing to stop us."

"Oh, okay."

"Now the Time Masters have sent the Hunters to kill us!"

"Who are they?"

"Unstoppable assassins who will stop at nothing to stop us."

"Oh, okay."

"Now the Time Masters have sent the Pilgrim to kill us!"

"Go gently caress yourself, Rip."

I'm okay with Mick ending every episode telling everyone how much they should be making GBS threads their pants because they sent another assassin better than the last one that got fried in less than 5 minutes.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The gang travels back to 1990. They immediately leave because there's nothing worth saving there. Ray accidentally becomes his own grandpa.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
In their pursuit of the nefarious Vandal Savage, the team crash lands in 1974. Literally! Their ship lands on top of Jim Henson. Somehow, this turns everyone in the future into puppets, including the team. No one is surprised when Ray doesn't change. Sara makes out with Camilla the Chicken.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Rip: Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast!
Snart: It jumped up a notch.
Rip: It did, didn't it?
Ray: Yeah, I flew through a man's heart.
Rip: I saw that! Ray killed a guy. Did you throw yourself at him?
Ray: Yea, there were horses and a man on fire and I killed a guy with my shrinking powers.
Rip: Ray, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safe house or a past relative close by because you're probably wanted for time murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

FilthyImp posted:

This is one of my faves, because it reminds me of those crazy catdrugs episodes of Hercules where Kevin Sorbo, 90s actor, was actually Hercules and the Greek Gods would gently caress with him while he was prepping his lines for Hercules TV or trying to find parking in LA.

Also a Supernatural episode.

• Locked thread