Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Heat Wave's gonna be the MVP of this show, I can feel it in my bones. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah, this is everything I want in an ensemble action-comedy marred by only a few rough spots. This is gonna be good

Jackson is still cringe worthy and it definitely didn't help that Stein drugged him and kidnapped him.

Everything else? Rad, keep doing it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Narcissus1916 posted:

The drugged business was odd, and made both characters less likable.

But the larger issue is that I could still not give a flying gently caress about the Hawkpeople drama. The guy playing Hawkman is wooden and dull and I'm hoping he's killed off early.

The guy playing Savage is also deeply unimpressive.

But hey, we've got Brandon Routh and the crooks and Caity Lotz (with improved action!) to keep us going.

Hawkgirl owns, we got to see her transition from a normal life as a barista into a superheroine complete with having to discover hey powers and becoming comfortable using them.

Hawkman is a wooden quasi-date-rapist whose entire characteristics boil down to either "BUT WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER AND ALWAYS" and "oh yeah I remember that because I have a thousand years of memories :smug:". It's like they're going for brooding and ended up with pushy instead.

Plus, he cockblocked my main man Crisco, and that's unforgivable :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Can this show just be White Canary, Cap Cold, and Heat Wave broing it up through time?

Basically push Hawkman out of an airlock and go back in time to get Ronnie and we're good. Jackson's got potential as a character, but until someone in the writers' room stops being an idiot about black male teenagers on this show (natural athleticism! Illegal drag racer!), he probably ought to get benched for a while.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Toxxupation posted:

if youre really into arthur darvill and specifically arthur darvill as rory williams on that other bad time-travelling sci-fi show how appealing is this show

Imagine him in David Tenant's role only he gets a laser revolver and superhero crew

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It was a good, fun hour of TV. And I think it's weird if you don't agree with me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kesper North posted:

Arthur Darville is the Ror Doctor.

:vince:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god they did it, they loving did it

they acknowledged how creepy Hawkman was and then shoved him out a figurative airlock

This is now the best show on television. Plus, Jackson is actually showing character now! Granted it's "busts on Stein non-stop" but that's enough in my book!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

The guy playing Hawkman was billed as a guest role, so he won't be coming back. Maybe we'll see him again in past lives for an episode or two, but pulling him out the timeline is a bad move because all those other iterations are doomed to be killed by Savage.

Anyways I'm glad. It means they consider Kendra to be the Hawk they care about developing and getting rid of Carter means that can actually happen, because she's no longer held back by the terrible eternal lovers storyline. This second half of the pilot was far better than the first half.

It's extra better because Hawkgirl is really cool and no one cares about Hawkman.

Literally no one.

Like they didn't even bother with him on JL/JLU, they just went "she's an alien deal with it" and the character was a thousand times better.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also now Crisco can get in on the rebound action.

Unless...

he's also Hawkman :monocle:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay so can we all take a moment to give some much needed appreciation to White Canary knocking a man out with a giant bong?

Seriously, it's only the second episode and the entire team is already clicking. :allears: I can't come up with the team I like the most but anything with Snart or Sarah is a pretty safe bet.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

She's using batons, not swords.

It's actually her bo staff but it splits into batons for maximum bad guy bonking.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hamsystem posted:

Bong girl conking

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
White Canary kicked some dudes' asses while literally confirmed by other characters, verbatim, that she was stoned out of her mind. They did everything but show her taking a drag and because of that there's nothing the FCC can do :smug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kesper North posted:

I bet the creators of the Comics Code are spinning in their moldering graves though :v:

Somewhere Bernie Wrightson's phone begins ringing. He gathers up his old sketches without a word. Finally, it's time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Hawks ... no harm, no fowl.

For the love of gods :stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Why are we saying Savage is a murder hobo like it's a bad thing? We don't have enough murder hobos on television, we need more stabbin' hobos, not less!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sbaldrick posted:

I will forgive this show many things because they killed Carter. It's enough to carry me through the season at least.

Jesus loving Christ, why would they even kill her if she's the main title character, no wonder this show does poo poo ratings

e: wrong thread

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

It's actually pretty clear that their main enemy is this thread.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

M_Gargantua posted:

Alejandro Iñárritu made a movie about this. Birdman. He was a far better character as a hosed up father.

I maintain that movie would've never happened without the Harvey Birdman series. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Well hey, other than a few dumb story mistakes (seriously just take the dagger and Savage's corpse and hand it to Kendra and be like "sup here you go") that was probably the first episode that was solid all the way through! Jax continues to get better characterization, as now "can fix or drive anything that has an instruction manual" has been added to his skillset.

Also rest in piss Carter no one will miss you

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Heatwave is the MVP with the Eyes Wide Shut line.

He is basically a meat-headed pithy quote machine and it is wonderful. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bad Moon posted:

Then we would t get DCTV Legion of Doom

Read this as DCTV Doom Patrol somehow and boy did my ears perk up

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
*posts angry walls of text analyzing the show's relevance to reality and plot*

*continues to watch show every week*

Jesus, what is this? The WWE Raw thread?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boom boom boom posted:

I wonder at what point in the writing process they decided to make the insanely sexy friendly billionaire with an Iron Man suit the guy everybody shits on.

Because that was genius.

The point where, like the rest of us, they realized Ray was a spergy dweeb. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burning_Monk posted:

Which brings up the point. Why aren't the time cops after the Flash? Fucker changed time like half a dozen times.

Well they don't remember it because the timeline changed, duh :rolleyes:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

If Caity Lotz ever dresses like this I fear I will have to recuse myself from society because we will have hit our peak accomplishment and it's all downhill from there.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this? posted:

Spoiler-ish image from next week's episode posted by Stephen Amell on Facebook
http://i.imgur.com/GxvCHV7.jpg

So that's what Daniel Bryan does after retirement 30 years in the future.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Man, I will never get tired of "Rip Hunter's Stupid Team of Assholes Screws Up the Timeline." Like, the fact that their toast at the end of the episode was "to not loving up time this time around! :haw:" is pretty amazingly self aware.

Also I like that Rip killing Savage over and over again throughout history is going to be a thing. His peace-out firebomb on the way out the door after Savage talked poo poo about his family was amazing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FELD1 posted:

Literally the only character I don't like at this point is Kendra.

Kendra is a million times better without Carter constantly creeping on her and I think she'll come into her own nicely once they actually give her some extended action on one of the weekly rotating teams.

Then again I'm a sucker for girls with wings :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

At least it was played for laughs and is, hopefully, contained to just this episode.

Watching Bag of Hormones and Dorky White Guy competing to hook up with Hawkgirl (who clearly just wants everyone to leave her the gently caress alone) was probably the most fun I've had on a "love triange" arc like this and I have every confidence that "aawwwwww you got me buddy :haw:" thing at the end means we will never seen a reprise.

This show is so great :allears: Now can we go back in time and prevent Felicity from dying her hair blonde and getting that weird medical condition where her voice quivers all the time?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cute n Popular posted:

Next time on the adventures of Senior Citizen Green Arrow.

They need a new mayor after all the gangs are routed and it's basically Ollie and the Question yelling at each other for two months.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Snart won't kill Mick.

That means he'd violate his pact with the Flash and you've seen what he does to his villains :gonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

This hasn't changed though.

The writing my get lovely, but Barrowman chews that loving scenery magnificently.

What did you expect

HE'S RA'S AL GHUL :byodood:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My money is on Snart running a long con and managed to talk sense into Mick by finally explaining it.

I can't imagine they'd kill Mick offscreen without setting something up later. This is CW, they want maximum drama at all times and would've agonized over Cold's decision all episode until he collapses weeping over Mickcicle.

Mark my words, this is going to be the greatest heist in history. Literally.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

Out of all the things that bother me on this show I think number one is "Why is Captain Cold's gun now just a blue laser beam with no apparent cold properties?

He changed the setting from "Absolute Zero" to "Lampshade."

X-O posted:

Brandon Routh let slip in some DC promotional video that one of the crew isn't who we think they are. Whatever that means.

Maybe Snart peace-outed with Mick when he left and they got Mayor Snart-2 to take their place.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
who gives a poo poo about the plot, give me things like Sara Lance, Time Lesbian and Jonah Hex and I will watch this show until the day it goes off the air

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
God drat that was fun! Also hilarious how the first half of the episode was life once again making GBS threads on Ray. It's cool they're still together, though, I think they have honest chemistry.

Also I like how even Kendra acknowledged what a loving creepy jerk Carter was. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

That sorta begs the question as to what happened to her unless Nyssa killed her or Talia went rogue and headed to Gotham or something.

Sadly, she died during the Embargo on Infinite Earths and no one except Psycho Pirate remembers her.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

So I guess the cold gun is working properly again.

What the... there was a 'cold' button this entire time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Is. That's why he's the worst.

• Locked thread