Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So everyone's realized by now that the team composition is basically Community, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ray is Britta.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rip is the Dean. He barges in and forces the team on crazy adventures for goals only he cares about.

Heatwave is Chang. Although Pierce also fits really well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hawkgirl is Shirley. She's caring, kind, and the writers still have absolutely no idea what to do with her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vandal Savage doesn't care about the protagonists, just about defeating the dozens of other Vandal Savages that have traveled back in time to ensure they conquer Earth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's basically sitcom scriptwriting. It's all crazy misunderstandings, miscommunication, and cleaning up their own messes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't believe Chang unexpectedly betrayed the group!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It also makes Rip's backstory make no sense. He didn't become a Time Master after his wife was killed. They left the Time Masters together and chose to live in the Vandal Savage Kills Everyone era.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rip: "Two men named Jay are attacking the ship! Everyone get to the bridge!"

Stein: "Jay? I'm not scared... I smoke jays."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

X-O posted:

Brandon Routh let slip in some DC promotional video that one of the crew isn't who we think they are. Whatever that means.
Hawkgirl is actually Hawkman.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

greatn posted:

Out of all the things that bother me on this show I think number one is "Why is Captain Cold's gun now just a blue laser beam with no apparent cold properties?
Remember in the last episode when Rip shot a guy point-blank with his little laser pistol, and it not only didn't kill him, it just knocked him down and he immediately got back up and shot Rip?

In fact, we haven't seen a gun actually kill somebody in a long time. They've all been set to knock-down mode.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They actually all died in the first episode, and the reason they're so ineffectual is that they can't influence the outside world anymore.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Reality itself is threatened when the Atom realizes that the plot makes no sense, leading the characters to a self-awareness of their fictional status that could unmake the world.

B-plot: Hawkgirl has an existential crisis upon understanding that her actions have no motivation.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

He was probably aiming for the pole, but only being able to use his legs to aim the gun probably meant he couldn't be very accurate.
This is clearly not the case. It's obvious that he plans to shatter his hand.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

shadok posted:

That was a pretty good episode with a nice, understated performance by Caity Lotz, who usually feels like the weakest link in the cast to me.
I'm not convinced she's a bad actress, this version of Hawkgirl just sucks and they've never given her anything to do.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Caity Lotz is White Canary.
Oh. Nevermind.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Suicide Squid is the worst Aquaman villain.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"After 10,000 years I'm free. Time to eh whatever." -- Vandal Savage

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team tracks him to 1992 thanks to a rare surviving copy of his novelty album, Vandal Raps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year is 1838. Rip pilots the Time Minnow to St. Louis to stop Vandal Savage, who is selling poor-quality wagon axles to travelers. Kendra suffers snakebite and needs a week's rest and full rations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year is 0. The team find Vandal Savage nailed to a cross because, a soldier explains, "he looks a bit like that guy, you know the one." They plan to stab him with the magic knife, but leave it in an aqueduct while trying to find a good Greek place. Ray, confused, founds Islam 622 years early.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I can one up that.

His daughter is named Scandal.
Yeah, but she's terrifying. She murders a guy in a wheelchair.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In 1492, Vandal Savage sails the ocean blue. The team spray-paint "Nina" onto the side of the Time Caresser, hoping to blend in. They don't. Sara makes out with Queen Isabella of Spain.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team must go back and prevent Vandal Savage from founding Facebook. Leonard Snart and Mark Zuckerberg make fun of each other's names. Kendra and Ray change their relationship status to "it's complicated."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team find themselves held hostage in the American embassy in Iran. Kendra falls in love with Jimmy Carter. Vandal Savage and Ra's al-Ghul get coffee.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

Now do one where Sara seduces Anne Frank.
I'd rather not spoil future episodes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year: 6,000 BC. The place: Ur. The mission: Take down Gilgamesh before he joins the League of Assassins.

B-plots: Snart and Sara harass Vandal Savage on Twitter. Ray and Kendra are kidnapped at a swinger party in 2103.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year is 1921. The place is Teapot Dome, Wyoming. The team must uncover the depths of Harding's corruption - and Vandal Savage's connection to the administration. Stein makes a strong case for America's isolationist policies. Kendra takes a nap under a tree.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would definitely watch a show that was just Vandal Savage killing time through the ages with various hobbies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vandal Savage was a good guy for twenty years in the 16th century, just to see what it was like. It was okay.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Season 2 deals with the Time Masters' evil nemeses, the Crime Masters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vandal Savage invented the Roman aqueduct... then lined them with lead because he's evil.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The team investigate a mysterious ghostly astronaut. Everyone runs through a lot of doors. Vandal Savage turns a high school into a race track. Sara and Snart eat a large meal.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jax is a naturally gifted athlete, as the show emphasizes. He's so good at athletics, because of his natural gifts, and his genetics, that he was born with. But he's not the smart one of the team, he's paired with a smart guy. Because his gift isn't intelligence. It's natural athletic ability. He's just a natural athlete. No idea why. Just good at athletics. Maybe he gets it from his dad. Just something about him. Natural athletic gift.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's 1950, and Vandal Savage is trying to steal the top-secret recipe for the world's most beloved drink, Coca-Cola. The team must stop Savage before he takes control of the cool, refreshing, and nostalgic taste of all-American Coca-Cola, the drink that brings the world together. Rip, Ray, Sara, Snart, Rory, Kendra, Jax, and Stein enjoy glass bottle of classic Coca-Cola, the best-selling drink in the world for over a century. A single drop of condensation runs down the frosty glass.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The year is 1870. The team goes back in time for no good reason. Stein forgets to take off his plastic glasses. Ray wonders why this seems so much like a JLU episode.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is the fillerest episode ever, and after all the time they spent at the end of the last episode talking up things were getting SERIOUS and it was time to STOP SAVAGE ONCE AND FOR ALL it makes me wonder if there were some bizarre behind-the-scenes production problems that necessitated it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"The Time Masters have sent Chronos to kill us!"

"Who's that?"

"An unstoppable assassin who will stop at nothing to stop us."

"Oh, okay."

"Now the Time Masters have sent the Hunters to kill us!"

"Who are they?"

"Unstoppable assassins who will stop at nothing to stop us."

"Oh, okay."

"Now the Time Masters have sent the Pilgrim to kill us!"

"Go gently caress yourself, Rip."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Wanting to introduce a possible character for season 2?
Then the writers are Jonah hacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's 2166. Everyone is dead. Ray turns to the camera. "I can fix it! I can make it better!" After traveling back in time to re-bake the cake he ruined, he also realizes he could use time travel to save his friends.

• Locked thread