Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There'll definitely be a more focused A or B plot with Sara and Snart kicking rear end and taking names before she goes berserk and he has to cool her down while Ray tries to get Stein-sempaisensei to notice him. The Hawks pretty much have no connection to the rest of the team at large which is a tad unfortunate unless there's one with Sara taking serious issue with their relationship. The Hawks are also the only pair that could have any sort of romantic relationship drama so they're on even more thin ice of being the worst of the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

The drugged business was odd, and made both characters less likable.

But the larger issue is that I could still not give a flying gently caress about the Hawkpeople drama. The guy playing Hawkman is wooden and dull and I'm hoping he's killed off early.

The guy playing Savage is also deeply unimpressive.

But hey, we've got Brandon Routh and the crooks and Caity Lotz (with improved action!) to keep us going.

Season two should drop the Hawk and Firestorm (not anything against them, but they're the next least interesting after the Hawks) and probably pick up some new blood like Jonah Hex (if he turns out good in his appearance) or John Constantine (Magic+Science :science:) or someone wholly new

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

X-O posted:

Also regarding Constantine possibly being on the show in the future, Guggenheim just recently said in the last week in an interview when they were given clearance to use the character in their universe it was in agreement that it was for a one time appearance only. So I wouldn't look for Matt Ryan to be back in the role any time soon, if at all. Which is a shame since he actually does really well with the character.

Things can change depending on contracts and licenses. It could be different next year or the year after, but as of yet, it'll probably be just a one off.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dead Snoopy posted:

more like the OFF WHITE Canary

fixed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Based on the preview the nuke will go off, but Firestorm will absorb it.

Cold and Heat Wave's blasts just knocking people over rather than doing the things that one would imagine them doing irks me a bit though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
DC Legends of Tomorrow - Please kill Hawkman

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hawkwoman.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

raditts posted:

Only if they get the Arnold brothers back together to play them in live action. I'd settle for just the Savage brothers if they can't swing that.

What happened to their feet?

It's the Liefeldian school of art at work.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If either of them were really clever, they'd prepare trusts or caches or something for themselves when they revive, all across the world since they're quasi-immortal. That way they too could build up an arsenal when they inevitably come up against Savage and don't have to start from essentially zero in terms of everything but fighting ability.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's a wanted poster of Jonah Hex in the "Study"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

I know he's already committed to another show on another network, but I bet Damian Lewis would make a great Per Degaton, if they need a time traveling dictator to counter Rip.

Low low costume requirements too, just give him a black tunic, black pants, red gloves, and make him say "PFAUGH!" a lot.

There's definitely more than enough villains that are either very long lived or have done Time Travel that can be used. Additionally, there's quite a bit of room to change up a pre-existing character so they can fit a necessary position.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

X-O posted:

If so I'll be interested in how they explain it moving from Norway to Starling.

The DC Instagram account is saying that Hourman, Sandman, and Ma Hunkel are coming to the show. I bet Ma Hunkel looks better than Supergirl's Red Tornado.

It'll be interesting to see which ones they use. I'd imagine the classic Golden Age versions with that lineup, but who knows.

Scyantific posted:

There was a deleted scene from the season 1 finale that shows Ronnie/Stein Firestorm turning a thermometer into a flower for Caitlin, so they can't say they wouldn't be able to.

Given that it's a deleted scene though, it might been what was originally intended but then dropped in editing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I dont know posted:

I thought the dagger he used to cut Hawkman's throat was the same one. I could be mistaken.

It was (or at least it looked like it). That's how he was able to do magic blasts with it. Them not taking it was dumb as well as them not taking Savage while he was dying to a place where they could finish him off at their leisure.

Edit:

Jonny_Rocket posted:

How did Ray's wife die again? My guess is that he'll try to go back in an effort to safe his wife somehow
It happened in Season 2 of Arrow. Ray mentions it happening to him two years prior.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

*posts angry walls of text analyzing the show's relevance to reality and plot*

*continues to watch show every week*

Jesus, what is this? The WWE Raw thread?

Superheroes tend to exist at a level of writing similar to wrestling

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Isn't that moot since they were in '86?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I kinda expect the finale to be some sort of final encounter with Savage in the future with the Doctor Rip on his last legs and Savage about to kill him and while he's monologing they reveal some sort of elaborate :master: plan involving the team setting things up across various points in history across the Earth to stop Savage

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Obviously they need Hex because he's a renowned bounty hunter and tracker.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

When do they go to the 90s and have Canary use her dance moves to infiltrate a Savage affiliated group?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Next season should be universe jumping.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just have Season 2 be "Legends: Secret Six" and focus on six (or seven) new characters with about half of the episodes focused on each character and the other half being the main story plus character interactions.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CeeJee posted:

Kurosawa had his actors wear a piece of wood beneath their clothes and use real bows and arrows.

Won't stop an arrow if it goes into your face though

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Snart is definitely an anti hero at this point, sorta like Catwoman, rather than an out and out villain.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

I thought Mick said he isn't all about stealing he just wants to watch the world burn. Stealing is just a convienant way of causing chaos while being able to be lazy after while you sit on stacks of cash

Mick wants to destroy. He's an arsonist at heart and steals only to be able to burn more. Cold is a thief and enjoys the "game" and the challenge that comes with being a thief. In a lawless world, while there's a bounty to steal, there's no challenge and Cold needs that challenge.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

He can shrink and fly through the hole

And why didn't Gideon notice all the time pirates on the shuttle?

All very important questions.

Carlosologist posted:

Why didn't Martin and Jax go Firestorm, I wonder

This one could probably be answered by A: SFX budget and B: They're in a location where shooting explosive blasts of fire would not necessarily yield a safe outcome for anyone.

My question: What kind of Time Pirate uses an energy gun that's concussive as opposed to being like an actual laser?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Seeing Callum Keith Rennie show up in anything is always a nice surprise. He played a vampire in Blade Trinity and Dominic Purcell played Dracula in the same.

Snart and Sarah being friends is fun.

also, YOU'VE FAILED YOUR WIFE AND SON

That ending :stare:

Sara and Snart being platonic friends is cool especially since there's no chance of relationship drama between them

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Thanks commercial for spoiling how long they're trapped in the past.

Otoh, Looks like Sara visits Ra's and Kendra's getting training while Ray has to teach at a level far below what he's used to. At least the Time Lesbian won't be lonely.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dead Snoopy posted:

It kills me that this show has a higher rating than iZombie.

This show is (or at least should be) schlocky fun

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FELD1 posted:

Just don't tell Tumblr that there's a bisexual character on this show too. It didn't go well with 'The 100'

Being into guys was just a phase for her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Cold was recruited because he's good at stealing things, just like how Sara was recruited because she was good at killing people. Firestorm was picked as a powerhouse while Ray was chosen because he had a shrink suit. The only reason the Hawks were around was because they're technically the only people that can end Savage. Otherwise, they'd get Sara to do it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So settings we have coming up: The Wild West, the Future, the very near past and the near present (probably before the final showdown)

As for Talia, I imagine she appears in this week's episode since the previews showed Sara going to Nanda Parbat (and it looks like the rest of the team as well)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What was with the #koalas?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh God is that li'l Thalia

That sorta begs the question as to what happened to her unless Nyssa killed her or Talia went rogue and headed to Gotham or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This episode was the first time I noticed that Hawkgirl's actress has freckles.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phenotype posted:

People always say this, but really, what are they supposed to make? If you want to fight a supervillain, blasting them in the face with the strongest laser you have seems like a pretty good strategy. Like, I guess you COULD make a giant hammer to hit them with, but is it really going to hurt them more than your giant green energy blast, the one that seems to get stronger and stronger the more angry/focused/determined you are?

Likewise, if he's about to hit you, throwing up a generic green shield is the easiest way to protect yourself, even if it's not as cool-looking as conjuring up a suit of green medieval armor. Since both would be fueled by the same willpower, it's not likely that the fancy construct is going to be any stronger than a plain green shield bubble.

Blah blah blah strength of construct based on thought involved something something willpower. There's an in-universe justification for making more complicated constructs, but I don't remember what it was.

Sfx is a big limiting factor though, especially with how much constructs are used. Animated is more or less the most expedient option.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

greatn posted:

They aren't doing that, that's a dumb rumor.

It keeps people talking about Suicide Squad though

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Whoa, I didn't mean to start a Green Lantern thread inside a thread.

But , isn't there some comic justification that Hal's constructs are rather boring compared to John and Kyle's because John was/is an architect and Kyle was/is an artist?

That's from JLU. In the comics, John's are super detailed because he was an architect so every nut and bolt is formed (at least that's his current status now). They're still not so creative. Hal is the one with boring constructs iirc.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

man they really are terrible at their job. also Jax with the only sensible idea of maybe talk to the kid first before murder

good work speeding up the apocalypse Rip you idiot

Maybe they should've stopped that Armageddon Virus thing that ripened the fields for Savage's conquest.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Yeah I like that too. It gives Rip more reason to question his choices and the path he's going down because everything he does just seems to make things worse. He chose his humanity over millions of lives and it only worsened an already terrible situation.

I feel like it's safe to say the team's actions are going to lead down to them creating that horrible future that Rip talks about. I keep remembering back to Flash (season 1 spoilers) and how Eobard keeps wanting to go home so badly, but why would he be so desperate to return to an apocalypse where Vandal Savage is dictator of the world? Unless of course he's part of that S.T.A.R. Labs Corporation they mentioned.

I believe Thawne is from before that time period, but after ours (like 2040 or something)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

I really hope it's not this.

Rather, I really am ok with the whole "Rip actually hosed things up worse" ending/angle. Plus that way there's still a reason for a S2, I just wish this Vandal Savage was more compelling, though maybe it'll switch to a Per Degaton who did not get taken out by Savage or someone else.

Also, now that I know Rip Hunter is Booster Gold's son...I umm, really want to see Booster involved somehow. Hope that wasn't a spoiler for anyone.

I'd rather not S2 be connected to this season too tightly if you think that's going to happen (also, I believe that it's intended to be disconnected). Booster being Rip's dad in the comics may not follow into this series as well, and I'd rather prefer that it doesn't come up if Booster gets introduced since it's not something that needs to be brought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope next season isn't time travel and the current writers figure out how to write a villain that's actually threatening and a hero team that's actually competent in using their abilities to solve problems

• Locked thread