Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man it is astonishing how Arthur Darvill blows everyone out with his acting. Rip only just debuted this episode and he's already my favorite new character in the DC-CWverse.

Also hoping the show's direction means less CW drama bullshit will come into play because it'll be more action based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

I dont know posted:

It had a 1.2 in the demo for it's premier, and it remains to be seen how much that number will drop for the second episode. Right now, Arrow is getting 1.0-1.1 and Flash is 1.3-1.4. Unless that number goes up by alot, I suspect you're right about it only being one season.
This is the CW my friend. They very rarely cancel any show, even with low rear end ratings. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend rates a .3 and they decided to renew it even before its lead star Rachel Bloom got a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy Show.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hate to double post, but here's a new clip from next week's show.

The visuals on Atom's shrinking aren't the best, but there's something highly amusing about all the crooks who try to snatch him while he blasts full sized lasers at them.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think Cold just wants to have a blast travelling time but he knows Mick is too grounded to go along with just doing that alone.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Even if Kendra accepted it quickly, it would still be kind of creepy in any scenario for some dude you never met to just go "hey so we're reincarnated hawk people who have been lovers for over thousands of years, only you have no memory of it."

That said, Kendra did accept it. Part of the crossover was Kendra coming to terms with being a hawk person. She had a big speech to Cisco about it on Flash and then they had another talk about it on Arrow, so this continued "I was just a barista a month ago!" stuff feels really forced. Like they're worried viewers didn't see the crossover episode, even though it's safe to say far more than half of the viewing audience are already watching Flash and/or Arrow.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The creators keep hinting at the possibility that someone on the cast is going to die, in an obnoxious "well not ALL of them might make it" way. If it has to be anyone I hope it's Hawkman.

(spoiler tagged only so no one throws a fit about something that's not even really confirmed yet.)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Batham posted:

Wait, people are hating this show? I thought it was a god drat blast!

"We go out for one louzy drink and you somehow manage to pick a fight with boba fett." *cocks gun*

:haw:
I think most of it is just nitpicking, which is what goons are known for :v: The pilot may not have been perfect, but it established the plot, gave some laughs and had some cool action in it. Really that's all an action show needs to be at the end of the day. If you want hard hitting drama, go to AMC or HBO.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Tiggum posted:

Was there an explanation for why Rip Van Winkle has Eobard Thawne's computer?
No, but my guess is "Gideon" is just some futuristic version of Siri.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Kesper North posted:

I think the going theory is that Gideon is just the future equivalent of Siri, but we'll see. Surprised Professor Stein didn't comment on it, though, as wasn't he present for Barry's discovery of Eobard's secret Future Room at Star Labs?
He left after episode 14 with Ronnie and didn't come back until the finale. They obviously told him about Thawne but only Barry, Cisco and Caitlin know about Gideon.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

losonti tokash posted:

Wait a second, wouldn't the Time Masters have some serious problems with basically everything RF did in season 1?
If the Time Masters don't have an issue with an immortal dictator conquering Earth, then I guess they wouldn't have an issue with some rear end in a top hat with speed powers rewriting time and causing a singularity.

Honestly I question how much Rip would care if his wife and son weren't directly murdered by Savage.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Crunk Abortion posted:

Am I the only one that's annoyed by the new Gideon voice? I'm glad Morena Baccarin's keeping herself in steady work, but it's not the same. The new voice is grating.
Morena is voicing Eobard's Gideon on Flash and did during last night's episode, albeit briefly. I imagine they're just distinguishing the different Siris by making Rip's British sounding.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Agent Carter got terrible ratings in season one but got renewed purely by women rallying on the internet for ABC and Marvel to give it a season two. So yeah I'd say it's pretty popular in that sense. Supergirl gets similar support as well and while not renewed for season 2 yet, it's been given a full season order of 20 episodes already.

As for crossovers, there's no concrete plans yet but the new CBS president is a lot more supportive of the idea than the previous one. Maybe next year we'll get some kind of special.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The guy playing Hawkman was billed as a guest role, so he won't be coming back. Maybe we'll see him again in past lives for an episode or two, but pulling him out the timeline is a bad move because all those other iterations are doomed to be killed by Savage.

Anyways I'm glad. It means they consider Kendra to be the Hawk they care about developing and getting rid of Carter means that can actually happen, because she's no longer held back by the terrible eternal lovers storyline. This second half of the pilot was far better than the first half.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Golden Glider kissed him first, that means he's hers now because that's how courtship works on my CW tv shows.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Even if everything good that has happened in the CW DC universe show was somehow not good then all that bad would still be worth it for Wentworth Miller's Leonard Snart. The greatest TV comic villain since Frank Gorshin.
Eh, he's still second compared to Tom Cavanaugh's Reverse Flash.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Sorry you don't appreciate machiavellian rear end in a top hat mentors, but everything revolving around him in Flash S1 solidified him as the best. Cold is fun, especially on LOT, but he's no Eobard.

Though I will concede that Cold in the comics is far better than Eobard.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I don't normally watch leaks, but it's really CTV's fault for airing this four days early than the American broadcast.

That said, Cold seriously steals this whole loving show holy poo poo.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Victor Garber has literally no idea what he is even posing for. It's kind of adorable.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

TyrantWD posted:

It dipped below Arrow to 0.8 this week. I'd expect any other DC show they attempt to do better than that.
Eh honestly these are fairly good ratings for CW. Flash is the only show that can typical average a 1.2 on that network.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

muscles like this? posted:

So I guess unless Lyla is pregnant this means there's no way that Dig is in the grave.
This is technically an alternate reality, so I wouldn't really put any stock in what happened in LoT as far as Arrow is concerned.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Sara is Annie. Nice and sweet looking, but has like 100 issues behind her normalcy.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

enraged_camel posted:

What the gently caress? Really? Didn't we just come out of mid-season breaks?
Television is weird. CBS has no new Supergirl episodes until March 14th, while Gotham only just returned from mid-season break this past Monday night.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It's pretty sad state of affairs that the Mick and Snart partnership is far more compelling than any half-baked romances they create. Why the hell are they hooking Kendra and Ray up when she literally turned him down an episode ago. And in terms of the continuity she rejected him maybe a few hours ago.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

XboxPants posted:

Yeah, I fully believe they had no plan as to why they both had the same AI, but it gives them a really nice story hook to use to tie two fun things together should they so choose to do so at some point down the line.
My guess is the Time Masters took Gideon into their possession after the death of the Flash (since Gideon explicitly says Barry created her) and installed it onto the Waverider. Eobard will eventually steal Gideon and reprogram her, including giving her a less British sounding voice, for his own use since she has data on the Flash that will help locate his whereabouts.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
This episode has had critically low levels of Snart in it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Season two will be terrible without Snart since he's doing another show. He's the only thing worth watching on this one.
From my understanding, both Wentworth and Dominic (who plays Heatwave) will be going straight into shooting Prison Break after Legends of Tomorrow wraps up. So while there's no feasible way for them to be in the beginning of the season (or on Flash for that matter) there may be a chance later on since PB is only doing 10 episodes.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah hopefully it keeps the smaller episode count, which I imagine is also based in budget needs.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Well that's not gonna happen. The producers said they were given permission to use him with the understanding it was a one time deal.
My only hope is that this will change, as NBC clearly as no plans to renew Constantine in the near future. They're already moving on to a sitcom office-style show set in the DC Universe.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think it'd be interesting if that was the route it took. Snart froze Mick with his gun, then the Time Masters find him in the future, unfreeze him, and make him into their loyal bounty hunter with the promise of revenge.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

howe_sam posted:

How does the Hawk person regeneration work if only one of them dies? Is Carter stuck in limbo until Kendra kicks the bucket?
Yeah I think the producers explained that they both need to die for the reincarnation process to begin again.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bbf2 posted:

That being said, I did enjoy the trope subversion that this episode gave us. I was totally prepared for the ending to be something along the lines of "Oh, one of the inspirational speeches that Rip or whoever gave the kid changed the course of history, and he redeemed himself and decided to use his influence for good, you made the right decision by inspiring him instead of killing him."

Instead, it was "Nope, you guys hosed up real bad by not killing him and in fact accelerated all the bad genocide stuff. You should have killed the kid when you had the chance." I appreciate that.
Yeah I like that too. It gives Rip more reason to question his choices and the path he's going down because everything he does just seems to make things worse. He chose his humanity over millions of lives and it only worsened an already terrible situation.

I feel like it's safe to say the team's actions are going to lead down to them creating that horrible future that Rip talks about. I keep remembering back to Flash (season 1 spoilers) and how Eobard keeps wanting to go home so badly, but why would he be so desperate to return to an apocalypse where Vandal Savage is dictator of the world? Unless of course he's part of that S.T.A.R. Labs Corporation they mentioned.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Xelkelvos posted:

I believe Thawne is from before that time period, but after ours (like 2040 or something)
He told Barry in the season 1 finale that he's from 150 years or so in the future. He probably wasn't born yet in 2147, but he's undoubtedly from the same time period as Rip.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Well I liked this episode. :colbert:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Codependent Poster posted:

That probably just means that Booster is his son. I think they did that in the comics.

Not that they'll ever get to use Booster.
Other way around - Rip is Booster's son.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Captain Atom, Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Green Lantern all fought that same robot together on the first episode of JLU.

And the Atom fought millions of self-replicating nano-robots like five episodes later.
The scale of difference between doing that kind of fight in a cartoon and doing it in live action isn't really comparable though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good point. The scale in the cartoon was way better.
Can't disagree there.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Rip is completely unlikable. The actor is terrible and the character. With Carter gone he's easily the worst part of the show. And unfortunately the main character on it.
I don't know how you can think this when Kendra is on the show. They had a chance to salvage her when they killed off Carter, but then they went deep into the reincarnated lovers poo poo and created some terrible love triangle between her, Ray and Carter's loving ghost on top of all that.

Honestly I think Darvill handles the somber bits of Rip's character well enough, but he's not really an action lead type of guy.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Starting a rewatch of Flash Season 1, and it's remarkable how much better it is than Legends of Tomorrow. Even the pilot, which has a few misses (especially in some of the dialogue), is better paced and has smarter character development. And, somehow, less exposition.
Flash Season 1, despite having some faults, is incredibly solid on rewatch. Helps having a villain that is actually sinister and an actor that can carry the weight of the role.

Also wow the end of this episode was so laughably predictable.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So is there gonna be a new thread made for this, or does no one care enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Legends of Tomorrow: Time Lesbian and Friends.

• Locked thread