Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

muscles like this? posted:

I don't think a second season is really in the works because the show is supposedly expensive as hell.

It had a 1.2 in the demo for it's premier, and it remains to be seen how much that number will drop for the second episode. Right now, Arrow is getting 1.0-1.1 and Flash is 1.3-1.4. Unless that number goes up by alot, I suspect you're right about it only being one season. The CW president hinted that they are considering a live action Vixon series, but he also hinted about her joining LOT so who knows.

GreenNight posted:

I heard the same but it's not like they need to rebuild the ship sets.

If nothing else, costuming in a show about time travel show has to be expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

lotus circle posted:

Hate to double post, but here's a new clip from next week's show.

The visuals on Atom's shrinking aren't the best, but there's something highly amusing about all the crooks who try to snatch him while he blasts full sized lasers at them.

This clip is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for going into the show.

Xelkelvos posted:

Cold and Heat Wave's blasts just knocking people over rather than doing the things that one would imagine them doing irks me a bit though.

I wonder if they are no longer showing them freezing people solid or setting them ablaze since they are now heroes, or at least not villains.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

shades of eternity posted:

I'm starting to think the acting disparity is time with the character.

1. White Canary has upped her game, but sh'es probably had the most hours with her character.
2. the occasional casualty aside, Captain Cold nailed it out out of the park since day 1.
3. Heatwave is fantastic, but he's basically playing Jayne Cobb the enforcer.
4. The Atom is next in acting level, but he also was kept out of the better scenes (and channeling ted kord really helps as well). But you'll also notice that by cutting off our heroes here, it's a more solid a team (3 crooks and an optimist :p)
5. Firestorm is a problematic character. There are only a handful of character's that are at his power level and the only one that comes close is Flash and it's really isn't close. Of the two actors, Professor Martin Stein is the better of the two in acting and again, it's because he's had a longer chance to strut their stuff. Jefferson Jackson had one episode to connect pre series and he's feels bloody stereotypical. I hope that changes over time.
6. The Hawks biggest problem is that they are a codependent relationship that is grudging. Carter Hall comes off as a creep because of it. and Chay-Ara really is being pushed towards the "I'm in an arranged marriage" storyline. I so prefer the dcau version for Sheyera. I'd kill off Hawkman, give Vandal Savage his powerset, and force Chay-Ara to figure out her powers while living alone (because Hawkman isn't going to reincarnate this time).

The real exception is Rip Hunter and that's probably because we're seeing him play Rory as a time lord. I'm enjoying it immensely :D

That being said, the potential is there and we'll see how it goes. This might be the closest to seeing a Justice League Movie that doesn't suck. :p.

While the hawk's acting isn't doing them any favors (hawkman in particular is wooden as a tree), I don't think any actors or actresses could make the material work. In addition to the weird arranged marriage storyline, their backstory is convulsed as gently caress, but because they have the biggest connection to the main villain they are likely stuck trying to do any emotional heavy lifting the show needs. Just look at the premier, "Here is your son whom you have no memory of at all. In about 4 minutes of screen time we will be at his death scene. Good luck creating a believable bond in that time so that the audience cares if he dies.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I know drawing feet is hard, but there has got to be a better solution than to have them walk around en pointe.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TheCenturion posted:

And am I the only person who thought it odd that Snart would happily wade into a bar brawl? His buddy, hell yes. But Snart? I thought maybe he'd lurk on the outside, bean a guy over the head with a beer bottle here and there, but not just wade in with both fists.

Nah, Snart may pride himself on his professionalism as a thief, but he still loves to throw down if the chance comes along.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was just thinking, this series could potentially be a pretty good venue for crossing over the main Arrowverse stuff with Supergirl, couldn't it?

Flash seems more likely given Arrowverse and Supergirl are at not set in the same dimension. Still possible though.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mortanis posted:

So is Vandal Savage. It's possible they'll pull a fakeout, though, and defeat Savage early season and introduce a bigger bad guy.

This is my hope. Now that Hawkman is gone (hopefully for good), Savage is the weakest part of the show. He doesn't come across as menacing or interesting. His entire performance just doesn't work. Having Darhk cameo just underscored how much better of villain Arrow has compared to LOT.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-legends-of-tomorrow-you-me-and-the-apocalypse-1201691975/

Ratings for episode 2 are up. Down 10% off the premier which is considered really good as the average is closer to 30% drop. So the prospects for another season got a lot brighter.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 29, 2016

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I can't remember a major movie he directed since Looney Toons, which has got to be a least 10 years old at this point. Though I don't know if that is personal choice or if he can't get those jobs anymore. Either way, cartoonish action-comedy is definitely his wheelhouse so I suspect he actually wanted this job, as oppose to just being desperate.

Howling Man posted:

Joe Dante can still be Joe Dante. He probably really wanted to get in on this project. Has he directed anything Superhero-ish before? Gremlins is basically a superhero movie...kinda....

Small Soldiers wasn't a superhero movies but it had a lot of the same beats.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Did they leave the loving dagger behind again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think Savage had the dagger with him in this episode. I mean, they could've conceivably taken him onto their ship and then gone to...search...for the dagger?...but we can pretty much understand why they didn't.

What they should've done was to take Savage and then deposit him in the year 5000.

I thought the dagger he used to cut Hawkman's throat was the same one. I could be mistaken.

• Locked thread