Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tollymain posted:

i think it's safe to say there is nobody at this camp capable of a proper magical girl transformation

Story of my life, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't quite believe that....

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't know what's coming next, but if we're going to do multiple playthroughs, it might be better to leave the explanation for later. So I'm voting Venus and Neptune.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Flac posted:

Not an option its jupiter's turn and shes in it to win it baby

Right. Venus and Jupiter then.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't really understand what happened but I'm looking forward to the rest of the LP.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah, that line stands out a bit now.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Grimwit posted:

I think this camp may also be a kind of Professor Xavior's Christian Camp for Gifted Youths.

I was thinking more psychic conversion therapy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I think Neptune might not actually be fine.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't think it's so much a question of sin as it is dysfunction. Venus is incredibly passive, so whatever his devil is, it should play off that somehow.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's interesting that Jupiter's ending makes it clear that she's sleeping rather than dead, but Venus and Neptune have more ambiguous fates. What are the interpretations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That review is pretty tone-deaf, but I think it is fair to say that what you get out of this game depends a lot on what perspective you're seeing it from, and that if you're an older straight guy (like me!), you're going to miss out on a lot of the subtext of the game if you're just playing it by yourself. I'm definitely glad that I had the thread to explain what was being implied; if not for all of you, I would've found this mildly entertaining but not really got it at all.

Edit: I, uh, didn't read that far into it. I may have to go back and actually take in the whole thing.

• Locked thread