Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

TKMobile posted:

Is there a fourth, unseen person holding the metaphorical camera?

yes and they are the devil. i am a prophet

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ok veneptune

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rangpur posted:

He drat well better be. I've been enjoying the game's production values and atmosphere of creeping weirdness, but if the TRUE DEVIL turns out to be alcoholism/self-harm/drugs/sex/rock & roll then I am right out.

prediction: there is a real devil but it is also a metaphor for gay stuff, much like the giant robots on x-men are a metaphor for racism and prejudice while also being giant robots

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tollymain posted:

if you take one post about it so i can cross it off

i took the second one thank's for the free game

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i beat it

it's ok. i'm glad i got it for free, i would've felt ripped off if i'd gotten it for 6.66

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

What.
What?
WHAT?!
Is Jupiter gay? Bored with being perfect? Angry about being perfect? What's with the hands? The headband twanging? Did Venus and Neptune kill her? So many questions!

yes, no, yes, she's perfect, it's to stop the gay thoughts, no

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i'm glad that group south got their happy ending

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWDAw2nsIjw

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Neptune is basically Waluigi.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

Just as a question, was Nep's coughing supposed to be important, like Jupy's headband twanging? I am terrible at noticing subtle hints and clues, so this would really help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZo59DeZY9g

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

I know what Ven's "tell" is (he zones out), but i don't see how his half-devil (how they appear during 3 AM) or full-devil (4 AM appearance) could look intimidating or symbolic with a derp face or blank expression. Like someone mention with the what he brings to the purification (Jupy brought the storm, Nep, the water, Ven, the light), if Jupy is a "storm" of emotions, and Nep was that black water stuff, how the devil could use light as a creature of the dark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=najilYBAn_k

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Junpei posted:

Do you know how to do anything other than link to tangentially related crap? Get out of here, if you can't contribute meaningful discussion, you loving troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uk9IcoQ0w

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Venus is basically Luigi.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Oh, you actually have to maintain the equilibrium for that choice to appear? I got it on my second run :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

conglaturation to group west

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Grimwit posted:

Totally worth getting my twitter blocked by Aevee Bee (uh...don't ever tell her she looks like a young Malcolm McDowell)

:lol:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
grimwit might i recommend a stay in the junpei cornerTM

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I maintain my stance that I would've felt ripped off had I bought this game for $6.66, but for a game I got for free it was a'ight. Of the three worst girls since Eve, Neptune is the worstest and therefore the bestest.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Seyser Koze posted:

The true ending is actually where the game lost me. After three routes of getting to know and love the characters, the final resolution felt like a deus ex machina (diabolus ex machina?) ending that magically hand-waved the distinctly non-magical challenges they faced at the last minute. For me it was one of those endings that retroactively drained my enjoyment of what came before.

yeah it kinda sucks tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
"the three worst girls since eve" was a great line though.

• Locked thread