Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
We Know The Devil was by far my favorite game from 2015 so it's cool to see an LP of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Venus and Neptune

This game sure looks some kind of interesting. I kinda wish there was a more convenient method of purchasing than making another bloody account on another bloody website just to buy one game because I would probably buy and play this game if it were on Steam or something. Looks incredibly my kind of poo poo.

It's being Greenlit, so it'll probably be on Steam eventually.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Jupiter is the best, actually?

Anyway Jupiter + Venus

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I implore everyone who has the game to go and get all the endings.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

♀ + ♃

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

♃ + ♆

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

♃ + ♆

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I think this was one of the first scenes I got to in the game that just made me go, "Ah,"

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

♀ + ♃

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Keldulas posted:

We're on an ending path already? I guess the game really does adhere to short and sweet. Good story telling and I am looking forward to seeing things as they go forward.

It's a game you're meant to play multiple times since it can turn out pretty differently.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Flac posted:

For everybody else who's waiting on the steam release: I been hearing a rumblin in the winds of dev twitter lately so I suspect it's gonna be very soon

i dont mean TODAY soon but...soonish

I know what everyone who vaguely knows me is getting for Christmas next year...

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I just noticed that, with God, the weather is "scheduled" and not predicted or forecasted.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Please Play We Know The Devil

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

hey maybe we should hold off on our hot takes about how we'd characterize the ending until the ending actually happens in the LP

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

We Know the Devil is on Steam! For the decidedly un-Satanic price of $6.63.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

The end of the game is having seen all the endings.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Tollymain posted:

yay we're back

rip group south; we never do actually see them again, do we :v:

Of course not; they were all just murdered, horrifically.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

lmao i completely forgot how messed-up looking neptune was when she came out of the bathroom so the .gif made me jump out of my chair a little

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I have some thoughts on the Venus/Jupiter closet scene but I guess they can wait until we've seen all the endings.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Venus' ending is so rough to get through. :smith:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Flac posted:

Y'all better have listened to A New Apple because its the best song in the soundtrack :colbert:

Some of the interpretations/connections people are making are really interesting. I wonder how this would've looked if the endings had happened in a different order. I bet people would've been much more confused by Venus's if that one came first, because 3 AM for Venus is the most mysterious one I feel? Other than the one thing made obvious, that she wants to be seen as a girl. Watching the devil come is paced differently between the endings; Neptune's is like a slasher flick and Jupiter's is like watching a nervous breakdown, but here it's mostly interaction between Jupiter and Neptune until whoops Venus isn't doing so hot.

That does fit into the theme of the game I explained before, and prior knowledge must make it so much worse so I'm glad it came out this way, but again this isn't always how it goes. Some people who focus on Jupiter and Neptune get this one first. I got this one before Neptune's.

I got the Venus ending first, since I was just trying to maximize gayness by putting Neptune and Jupiter togethar as much as possible, and I think I'm kind of glad of that since it meant that when I did the other routes, where you see more scenes with her, I knew she was trans and was looking at her through that lens. Some of her conversations-- her Seven Minutes in Heaven with Jupiter especially-- are the realest poo poo imaginable in terms of being trans but not really realizing it or being able to articulate it. Like, in terms of everyone's overall deal I see the most of myself in Jupiter, but the way Venus is written took my breath away.

It did make the nature of the devil more mysterious than if I'd gotten, say, Jupiter's ending first, but that's not really what matters, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Flac posted:

the three worst girls since Eve.

:unsmith:

Thanks for running this LP-- it was so fun to vicariously re-experience this game through the eyes of a bunch of goons who had no idea what they were getting into.

• Locked thread