Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"And right on schedule. Yeah I'm not gonna like the digging but I'll do it. I'm going to need Patchouli's help to keep it structurally sound and we are gonna need raw materials. Its a lot of effort for a smash and grab but netting a gun cutter intact is well worth it. Look into other alternatives and...Joe? Where are you going?!?!?!" Tloloc strokes his tusks with the Lightning Claw gauntlet in thought for a moment before speaking again. "On second thought. Perhaps shelve the tunnel idea and look into something else. I like the thought behind it but we really just need to get inside the compound. I'd tunnel under the base to surprise them if there are no better ways in."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oscar Verduk

Oscar shakes his head and chuckles.

"Y'know what, I like that. What Joe's doing, not the idea of sitting behind a dune for 3 weeks hoping nobody spots us while you dig. That's insane. I'll go make sure she doesn't blow up the town."

Oscar gives Lucille a gesture and follows Joe.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Hands up who's going to town, and what are those who are not going to town doing?

Team Town:
Joe
Oscar
Patchouli
Oksaka
Konstantin

Waci fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 23, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli Ramrod

As a plausibly responsible adult, Patchouli feels obliged to go along and maybe find Gizzard. She bounds across the sand after Joe like a cybernetically-enhanced sandskipper.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"You think I wanna have to clean the sand out of my armor joints after 3 weeks of digging. Yeah go with her and find out everything you can. Anyone who isn't the feral or in power armour probably would be a good bet to head in. And I'm not really picky about the last bit either. Now someone help me get this poo poo packed up. Time to move out."

Count me on team: set up another base camp within quick march of the imperial base. Expect the terminator to hurry at AB 8 the whole way and to try to convince Samira and whoever isn't going to the town to come with him."

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Konstantin Androv

"Tunneling would be through the stone beneath the sand," Androv says with a frown. "Regardless, it seems we'll have to table discussion of alternates."

Gesturing in annoyance at the departing group, he sets off to join them.

Tran fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 24, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"Patchouli, please patch me into your servo skull so we can maintain vox contact. I'm going to circle around the town and try to find us a shelter to set up a forward base. I'll likely be north east of the imperial outpost, towards the mountains. I'll transmit you a pic of the updated map when I've found a suitable location." After being loaded to bear with the tents and water condensator, Tloloc takes off at a fast pace toward the North East.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli Ramrod

"Oh sure, actually I'll share the permissions with everyone. That might increase our vox range."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Serp

"Perhaps that should have been done earlier. I could have stayed to observe."

The sniper turns and follows the terminator. He is the scout, after all. Might as well do some scouting.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hatterus

While the group stood around discussing how they were to attack their objective, none took the time to investigate the near-by sand dunes. Why would they, all it was was sand. Such thought processes are exactly the weaknesses that the Alpha Legion exploit. That is why while the group talked of their plans, and sent some of the humans out scouting, Hatterus waited. Some would think it rather convenient that in such a large open desert that the group happened to end up within ear shot of the Alpha, but convenience had nothing to do with it. Before he was sent here a few days ago Hatterus knew whereabouts they were going to exit the warp, as well as the general make up of the party. The Terminator made it really easy to determine whereabouts they would stop. Hatterus had it figured down to about a 500 meter radius, and picked this dune due to the ability to see anyone coming.

Finally the sand dune speaks, "You know, the easiest thing would probably to stage a small attack on the settlement. The Imperials will of course send some forces to investigate from their little compound, weakening it and making it an easier target. Wait until night, to allow both teams to get in and out easy." The sand dune rises quickly, sand cascading off a vaguely humanoid form, hidden by a flowing cloak. two helmeted eyes eyes glow from beneath the camo cloak. Two power armored hands emerge from the cloak, reaching up and pulling the hood down, revealing the blue and green of an Alpha Legion helmet. The hands fiddle with the collar of the power armor, and remove the helmet, revealing a simple face devoid of all hair save eyebrows.

"Okay who has the water? I've been out here for two days, and Jebediah didn't give me any provisions, because he said you folks would be carrying them. I'm so thirsty I could drink the blood of a goat." Hatterus takes a flask from whomever offers one and drinks it down in one go. When he finishes he puts his helmet back on. "Name's Hatterus, and I will be your local Alpha Legion for this mission. While everyone in the legion trains to do every role, my primary love is sneaking around and goring people with my axe." He reaches down to his cloak and moves it aside, revealing an unpowered power axe hanging there. He chuckles, "People don't think you can be stealthy in power armor. Love seeing that look on someone's face when they turn around and see a seven foot tall super soldier with an axe behind them."

Hatterus wasn't kidding when he said only seven foot. He was small for an astartes, but then again, rumor always said that the Alpha Legion were smaller than the other astartes, making it easier to blend in to local populations, and apparently, sneak up behind people. "no, but seriously, I think a diversionary attack on the town to draw imperial forces away from their camp is a good idea. Just need to show up, slaughter some civilians, make some noise, and we'd be able to sneak back out in the night before the reinforcements arrive. They'll spend hours searching for the scary monsters what murdered town folk."

He reaches up and pulls the cloaks hood back over his helmet. "Some days I wish the Night Lords would have found me. They'd be all over this plan."

pre:
Name: Hatterus
Archetype: Chosen
Alignment: unaligned
Pride: grace
Disgrace:  wrath
Motivation: perfection

WS	46=30+16
BS	37=30+12-5[grace]
S	41=30+11
T	33=30+6-3[perfection]
Agi	57=30+17+5[grace]+5[perfection]
Int	40=30+10
Per	48=30+13+5[wrath]
WP	36=30+8-2[wrath]
Fel	36=30+9-3[perfection]

Wounds:  15=16-1[wrath]
Infamy: 25=24+1
CP: 

Skills:
Athletics
awareness
common lore (war)
dodge +10
forbidden lore (adeptus astartes, the horus heresy and long war)
Intimidate
linguistics (low gothic)
navigate (surface)
Operate (surface)
parry
Stealth +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Lightning reflexes
rapid reload
disarm
sure strike

Traits/Mutations/Other:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Cold Killer: May reroll Zealous Hatred crit result, but keep second roll.

Gear:
Astartes Power Armour Mark VI "corvus" With  - 8 AP ALL
  -Careful Maintenance
  -Sustainable Power Source
  -Vox Link
  -auto senses 
  -Recoil suppression
  -+10 agility (Mark 6)

Astartes Bolter
[s]Astartes Bolt Pistol[s/s] traded in for power axe
Astartes Combat Knife
four magazines for bolter
Astartes Chain sword

Acquisitions:
camoline cloak
good craftsmanship legion power axe

XP Spent 		350/500
stealth +10 350

Werix fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 11, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"Get the flasks off the condensator on my back." Tloloc says to their new arrival. "Well met Hatterus, thank you for that ample demonstration of your fieldcraft. Now don't be so hasty. The humans are investigating the town and interacting with the local population. When they return we'll make a decision on how to proceed. Now come with me, we need to set up a basecamp to stage from while we are out here in the desert."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hatterus

"Well now, hold on there," Hatterus says, raising his hands before him. "Now I've been over there watching you all since you arrived. Now I get it, you're large and in charge. I ain't going to openly challenge your leadership, you're the boss, i gotcha. That said, an operation with one head goes to the Warp in a handbasket when that head gets chopped off. If we're going to continue here, we need to delineate at least a second in command. We might be out of vox range of the humans, so who makes command decisions then? Many a good fighting force crumbles under the weight of indecision when the boss is gone."

Hatterus points his thumb over to Konstantin, "he seems like he has his head on his shoulders, and I respect anyone who has the gaul to argue with someone wearing terminator armor. I say make him second in command. I know I've taken orders and direction from worse people. " Hatterus then holds his arms out to the side, so as to encompass the whole group with one gesture. "Second, we only have two astartes here, three if you count that one," Hatterus tilts his head in Samira's direction. he raises his hand to his helmeted mouth as if to whisper, but actually still talks at normal level, "See seems a little too fethed in the head to even be trusted with basic bodily functions. Now my suggestion, and this is only a suggestion, is that we shouldn't group all our astartes together. I think it would be best served for me to go with the humans to the town. Now I'll stay outside, but you never know what might happen. poo poo could always go sideways, and usually that's the time you want an astartes then to go busting in walls."

Hatterus shrugs, "that's only a suggestion. You wanna go have a camping trip in the desert big guy, I got my sleeping bag. I mean, I actually don't, it's a figure of speech."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"Why do you think I sent him to lead the others into town? I respect intelligence and an iron will and I believe the Commissar to have both. If he handles himself well there then he will be the second in command de facto as well as de jure for the time we are here. No I don't think Androv needs to be told he's expected to lead, he will just do so and do what needs to be done to keep his fellows alive." Tloloc muses over the rest of the Alpha Legionnaires suggestions as well as Serp's comment. Definitely need to think these things through. "If you believe you are more useful with the humans in the town then I think you should go there and be in a position to support. But be aware, the moment an Astartes sighting is reported is the moment the game changes for us."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Skull:
Tloloc connects to the servo skull, and starts receiving transmission. The servo-skull is detecting burlap, all around it. Lacking new data to transmit, the transmission ends, though the servo-skull is still within contact range, somewhere within the city.

Town-team:

After a couple of hours of walking through the desert, the social part of the warband comes tot he edge of the city. As they approach, one of the natives looks up from their work tending to a group of small, penned animals. Gathering his robes and carefully setting down a feedbucket, he steps over the low fence and starts walking towards you. As soon as he is in earshot at comfortable volumes, he waves at you.

"Evening, travellers! You do not seem to be with the..." The man hesitates, clearly trying to remember a word he has seldom used.
"The Umpire? If you are they, the road to your camp is on the opposite side of the city, though I would be happy to show you the way if you are lost."

He looks at you, and your lack of prominently displayed aquilas.

"Or perhaps you are from somewhere else? Can I help you?"

Base-team:

Circling around the city, you eventually come near the imperial outpost, and make the wise decision to keep your distance. A few kilometres west from the "road" between the outpost and the city, perhaps 10 kilometres from the ecclesiarchy base and double that from the local town, you find a patch of rocky terrain. Smooth rock exposed by the wind, with boulders dotting the sand in places. Near a group of larger boulders, you find the entrance to a tunnel leading down into the ground, but quickly find that it has collapsed and is only accessible for a few metres. Still, the small cave formed by the tunnel opening and the surrounding rocks provides a degree of both concealment and shelter. The cave is wide enough for two terminators to walk side by side, but not high enough for Tloloc to stand upright. A few metres past the mouth of the cave, the passage is blocked by rubble, forming a very nearly vertical wall.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Itztli

Having been convinced that his armor would make it difficult for him to blend in, Itztli accompanies the space marines as they circle around the town. The gigantic metal men seem to mostly ignore him, or shout orders at him. Either way, he ignores them in return, keeping his eyes on the terrain instead.

The sand was... annoying. While it was easy to hide in, the grit filtered its way through his feathers and against his skin, or caked in his feathers where it met sweat. So when the cave was found, the hunter simply did a cursory check for anything living inside it, and with nothing found, proceeded to remove his armor so that he could clean it.

Rolled a 90 for a survival check! If anything has been living in here, Itztli has no loving clue! Also, he is now out of his armor.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"Itzli, help me set up the tents and the rest of the gear. I will clear this rubble and then we can finally rest for a while. Auspex sweep shows no one in here but us. Now, wonder whats behind here."

Clearing the rubble out to find out whats behind it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe

Ok, time for those boring etiquette classes to come in handy. Now whether or not these people have the same standards of politeness as psykers in Que'Sal, is a completely different question. Hopefully they'll get it. She does a small bow.

"Thank you for your kindness, I am Joe. We are indeed not from this planet, but we have an important mission and would like to speak with your Priest-King about it. Oh, and please don't tell anyone we're Inquisition, there is a reason we came in from the opposite gate." She gives the peasant a friendly smile, wondering if he'll bite.

Xun fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 23, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oscar Verduk

Content to let Joe take the lead until now, Oscar immediately regrets his decision, nearly choking when she says the I-word. Furiously praying to any god that will listen that these people know about as much about the Inquisition as they do about the rest of the Empire, Oscar interjects himself between Joe and the villager.

"Yes, well, if you could just point us to your Priest-King, we really would like to meet him. We're with the Empire, but we're here to discuss a different matter than the ones up the road; I'm sure your Priest-King will want to hear what we have to say."

If I need to make a Deceive/Charm test, I'll spend an IP to remove my fatigue first. Deceive is TN 55, Charm is TN 75 if I succeed at a TN 60 test to activate my Pheromone Generator, or TN 65 otherwise.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Town-team:

The man in a shimmering robe smiles at you. "Of course, Inquisitor Joe. I am Tnasaep, a humble nerf-herder at your service." He gestures down the road further in tot he city. "If you'll come with me, I can show you to the king's palace. It is our custom for for any visitors to a city to seek approval from the king before staying, whether they are from other cities or other worlds, so I believe you would be seen swiftly."

Looking to see if you follow and whether your group has any other questions or needs, he sets off to walk towards the centre of the city at a leisurely pace.

If you want to ask him questions, look at specific things you see on the way, et cetera, feel free to do so. Otherwise, the next update will have you arrive at the palace.

Mama Oksoko:
As you near the city, you sense a strong psychic presence, as well as thousands of smaller ones. When the man speaks to you, you can feel a tiny amount of latent power in him, as well as a touch of psychic energy in his robes. The city as a whole has a warm, pleasant, friendly aura permeating it, growing rapidly stronger the further in you walk, and every local you pass appears to have at least some latent potential, and many would be recognisable as at least low level psykers elsewhere.

Hole-team:

Tloloc starts digging, using his power claw to break apart the larger rocks and hauling them back up out of the cave. The group take some care to spread out the excavated rubble, so as to not attract attention from anyone flying overhead in the days to come. The cave starts clearing at a decent pace, and a dozen or so metres in you find your first oddity. At the sides of the cave are two pillars, clearly of different rock than the rest of the tunnel, and reinforced with metal bands. Along the walls of the tunnel, you see clear signs of human activity, gouges in the walls left by pickaxes and shovels. Eventually, after hours of work, the rubble ends, and you face a smooth stone plate. Carved on the plate are various pictures depicting skulls, skeletons, and humans in the process of dying in various ways, mostly dominated by falling rocks, rolling rocks, falling onto rocks, and, portrayed with surprising clarity, suffocation.

You have cleared the tunnel out to a smooth stone plate blocking it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"Hmmmmmm." Tloloc says, powering off the lightning claw to let it cool and scratches his tusks in thought. "Well that's as clear a message as any to stay the gently caress away. I'm gonna have to think on this one for a moment and wait on the others to return." Tloloc pulls up a dataslate and marks the caves location on it and attempts to raise the servo skull via vox.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe

Ugh stupid space dad, she can handle herself. He probably can't even understand the magnificence of her plan. She doesn't need no help!!

Joe keeps a carefully pleasant expression on her face as Tnasaep leads them. His shiny robes certainly are eyecatching.

"Thank you! What an interesting custom, do you mind telling me more about your people? Your culture seems fascinating!"

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Town-team

Tnasaep's bright blue eyes light up as Joe asks him about the custom. "Oh, of course, the custom may seem strange if you are from a different world. I remember the other outlanders were surprised the king would see them in person, and mentioned that only the most respected would receive such treatment on their worlds. Here, it is customary for visitors to request hospitality directly from the priest-king, for everyone in the city lives and dies by their will. By sharing his water with you, the king ritually bids you welcome to his city, and by accepting it, you ritually acknowledge the king's supremacy within his realm." The man seems genuinely pleased at the chance to explain the custom to visitors before they encounter it, sparing any potential embarrassment on either side.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe

Well the Imperium certainly wouldn't like that ritual. This information can be used. Perhaps that is why their camp is so far from town, the warband could possibly set up a base with in the very city itself if they played their cards right. Hmm yesss. Joe nods, appearing interested.

"Yes, an audience with a kind is considered very unusual from where we're from! Can you tell me about your robes? I imagine they're very comfortable in the heat" And also very shiny, maybe, just maybe, she can somehow import the robes back to Que'Sal, make a load of money, quit psyker school, and then live a life of extreme luxury and show all those slaneeshi bitches...

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The man, clearly proud of his clothes, does a little pirouette, causing the hem of his robe to billow out around him. "Ah, yes, they are made of nerf wool and set with crystals and precious stones to reflect the light of the sun, so as to not heat up the wearer. They work excellently for keeping one cool during the day, if one has to go outside. We wrap them so as to limit airflow, to prevent hot air that hasn't been cooled by the body from getting to the skin."

Does anyone else in town-team want to say or do anything before you arrive?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
Tloloc studies the stone plate for about 20 minutes, as he lets the Lightning Claw power generator cool off a bit. He steps out of the passage and walks up to the rest of the team. "There's something up ahead worth investigating. I'm going to go in alone at first and if you care to join me feel free to follow. But let me lead the way. Whoever blocked off this passage did so for a reason and it can either be good for us or something we need to eradicate." With that he will punch through the stone plate and clear the way.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
  WS      BS       S      T      Ag     Int    Per    WP   Fel  
47[57]    47     47[77]   46   50[30]   36    39[79]  45   42

Wounds: 19/19    Infamy: 2/2  Initiative: 1d10+3
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8 Charge: 12 Run: N/A
SB: 11  TB: 8
Awareness: 38[78] (Auspex/Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight])
Command: 42[57/67] (Armor/Pity The Weak/Scavenged Reconstruction [Astartes Only])
Dodge: N/A
Parry: 47[57] (Lightning Claw)
Armour: 15 [All]
Force Field: 35
Note: Cannot dodge or run.
Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Hellbringer 300m S/4/- 3d10+9I Pen: 7 Clip: 24/40 Rld: 2 Full Special: Bloodlust, Legacy of Slaughter, Never Jams, Twin-Linked
Sacrilege 1d10+20E Pen: 10 Special: Proven (4), Special, Storm Field
Note: +1 Damage for every DoS on the attack roll

Noteworthy Wargear
Hellbringer Legacy Reaper Autocannon
-Legacy of Slaughter (Gain +20 mod for next ranged attack after a successful kill.)
-Bellicose Pattern
-Ability 1: Bloodlust (Attacks against uninjured targets gain +20 mod)

Special Abilities:
Negotiated Favour:

Once per game session (whenever infamy points refresh), an Aspiring Champion may plead for the aid of the gods or other warp entities. 
This ability may be activated by passing a difficult (+0) infamy test, spending one of the Champion's infamy points for that session, 
or by dedicating a portion of the Champion's share of the mission's spoils to the gods. 
Reneging on promised payment is possible, but may result in an angry god. 
The bonus affects the Champion, the members of their warband or compact, as well as everyone under the command of the warband or compact, 
and lasts for the duration of the game session. The effect gained varies depending on who assistance is requested from:

Slaanesh: Those affected count their agility bonus as 1 higher when determining movement speed and initiative. 
Nurgle: Those affected count their toughness bonus as being 1 higher, always heal as if wounded one step lighter 
(critically wounded characters heal as if heavily wounded, heavily wounded heal as if lightly wounded, lightly wounded heal as normal), 
and gain +10 to all tests to resist toxins or disease.
Khorne: Those affected gain +10 to weapon skill tests made as a part of a Charge or All Out Attack action, and may Frenzy 
as a free action even if they do not have the talent.
Tzeentch: Those affected gain +5 to all lore and deceive tests, and may increase their effective psy rating by 1 point 
more than usual when Pushing (eg a bound psyker could increase their effective psy rating by up to 4 instead of 3, 
and an unbound psyker could increase it by up to 6 instead of 5).

Noteworthy CSM Implants
Noteworthy Traits
Noteworthy Talents

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 4, 2016

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe

The psyker nods along, making small talk with the nice nerf-herder-who-might-make-her-rich about clothes, nerfs, the weather, whatever.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Town-team:

As you near the palace, Patchouli starts picking up signal from her servo-skull again. The skull reports that it is intact but unable to move, and that it is in a sack.

When you come to the palace, you are escorted through an immaculate, vibrant garden to a jewel-decorated door. Two guards, tall, muscular, and wearing revealing robes stand outside, holding spears that appear to be made of crystal, and clearly intended more for ceremonial than practical use. One gives a questioning look at your guide, before looking at you, nodding, and turning to open the door. Tnasaep looks at you as he walks off after the guard. "Wait here, we will inform the king of your coming." The remaining guard closes the door after them, and stands still in front of it, clearly paying extra attention to looking prim and proper.

I'll give you a bit of time here before proceeding, so that people who aren't Xun can weigh in before mission-critical moments.

Mama Oksoko:
You sense multiple strong psykers within the palace. You can tell both of the guards are low-level psykers, and both their weapons and robes have a psychic signature.

Hole-team:
Tloloc punches a hole in the wall, erring on the side of recklessness. Rocks spill out through the hole, and soon the wall has crumbled, with rocks rolling past and around Tloloc into the tunnel. He feels something bump into his leg, hard, repeatedly, and at first thinks its just the rocks falling around them, but soon realises it went through the terminator armour, and actually caused minor injury. He looks down, and sees the pile of rocks coming to life, boulders forming into limbs and standing up, swinging at him with rocky extremities.

You have a magnitude 40 horde of man-sized, living, animated rocks attacking you, with who knows how much more out of sight deeper in the tunnel. The wall that was separating them from the regular rock you piled outside and form the surface has crumbled.

Tloloc, you take, before armour and toughness, 25 damage.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
Tloloc's vox amplified echoes through the cavern as he says but just one word before opening fire .
"CONNNNNNNNNNNTAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Half move backwards while firing on semi auto. BS 47 base + 0 Semi Auto + 20 (Bloodlust) whatever the gently caress for size and range.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Command: 42[57/67] (Armor/Pity The Weak/Scavenged Reconstruction [Astartes Only])
Hellbringer 300m S/4/- 3d10+9I Pen: 7 Clip: 32/40 Rld: 2 Full Special: Bloodlust, Legacy of Slaughter, Never Jams, Twin-Linked

Noteworthy Wargear
-Legacy of Slaughter (Gain +20 mod for next ranged attack after a successful kill.)
-Bellicose Pattern

Special Abilities:
Negotiated Favour:

Once per game session (whenever infamy points refresh), an Aspiring Champion may plead for the aid of the gods or other warp entities. 
This ability may be activated by passing a difficult (+0) infamy test, spending one of the Champion's infamy points for that session, 
or by dedicating a portion of the Champion's share of the mission's spoils to the gods. 
The bonus affects the Champion, the members of their warband or compact, as well as everyone under the command of the warband or compact, 
and lasts for the duration of the game session. The effect gained varies depending on who assistance is requested from:

Slaanesh: Those affected count their agility bonus as 1 higher when determining movement speed and initiative. 
Nurgle: Those affected count their toughness bonus as being 1 higher, always heal as if wounded one step lighter 
(critically wounded characters heal as if heavily wounded, heavily wounded heal as if lightly wounded, lightly wounded heal as normal), 
Khorne: Those affected gain +10 to weapon skill tests made as a part of a Charge or All Out Attack action, and may Frenzy 
Tzeentch: Those affected gain +5 to all lore and deceive tests, and may increase their effective psy rating by 1 point 
more than usual when Pushing (eg a bound psyker could increase their effective psy rating by up to 4 instead of 3, 

Noteworthy CSM Implants
Noteworthy Traits
Noteworthy Talents

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oscar Verduk

Well, this was working out well enough so far. They seemed to have accepted the story without question, and were more than happy to let them meet their Priest-King.

In other words, they were clearly up to something. Oscar just hadn't figured out what yet. The whole 'live and die by their will' thing did make it sound like these cities weren't going to get along very well with the Ecclesiarchy to begin with, so it might not be too difficult to convince them that the Ecclesiarchy was a threat. On the other hand, Oscar couldn't shake the gnawing feeling that there was something wrong about these people and their water. He glances to his guide and gives him his most winning grin.

"So, how should we address the Priest-King when he grants us audience? Is there some procedure to be followed during this water-sharing? I hate to make a bad first impression."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hatterus

Ultimately Hatterus relents, "I see your point. If you have faith in the humans, then so shall I, I will accompany you to the base. I haven't had a chance to scout it yet. I was basically the test subject to make sure that the damned warp beast could make it here. I didn't do additional scouting." Hatterus makes the journey with the Terminator, always crouched and wrapped in his camo cloak. When the marine decides to go inside the cave, Hatterus remains outside, wrapped in his cloak with his eyes on the Imperial camp. he pays little mind over the hours as the terminator starts hauling out boulders; if he wanted to waste time, then so be it.

The Alpha was a little more concerned when he heard the marine shout from within the cave, and even more so when he heard the autocannon open up. His primary concern was not for the other marine's safety, but more that the report from the weapon, even from underground, might be overheard by the base. He draws his power axe in one hand and his bolter in the other and leaps down to the cave entrance. When he makes his way down the tunnel and finds the marine engaged with rock, things, he comes to his aid, standing at his side."Did you piss off the earth itself digging this damned hole?"

Standing next to viva and opening up with the bolter semi auto. Recoil suppression lets me fire it one handed. Does explosive damage, so that's one extra hit per attack, so in theory up to six magnitude if all three hit and wound.

e: to not be stupid and to use that bolter.

Werix fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 24, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
"It does seem that way doesn't it. Join me brother and let us purge this place. Humans sealed this place for a reason and I'm going to slay everything in our way."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 24, 2016

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Konstantin Androv

Through the entire initial meeting Androv finds himself far too preoccupied to speak. Strange travellers appeared and mentioned the inquisition. While the word likely meant nothing to that herdsman, they were certain to share their story. How long before word reached the imperials? The former commissar wracks his brain for possible solutions. Kill the herder? No, even if we could hide the murder a group of strangers appearing at the same time one of their own went missing was as good as a signed confession. Pay for their silence? Possible, but without prior knowledge of an appropriate offer it was likely to make matters worse. Convince the natives the girl was prone to nonsense? Possible perhaps, but unlikely "Joe" would simply play along. No, for the moment they would simply have to hope one unfamiliar word among many would go unremarked. They would have to assume otherwise of course, but hope springs eternal.

Having been silent for so long, it would be awkward to speak up now. Konstantin settles on watching their guide intently. The herder seems to be delighted with this task. Probably the most exciting thing to happen to him in recent memory. Though the clothing is of some interest, the eager way their guide shows it off is more valuable. Precious stones, perhaps the adornments additionally serve as a means to mark status? The last detail of importance is the look shared between guide and guard, but without context there's no way to narrow down a meaning.

Still, now that the audience was imminent it was time to start playing his role. Noting the remaining guard's nervous stance, Androv naturally falls into inspection routine. Straight backed and severe, he examines the soldier intently. Non-committal noises that could be approval or distaste punctuate the stare down. Then after a few minutes of arbitrarily making the doorman nervous, Konstantin looks him in the eye and offers a slight nod of approval. It may be an old trick, but the classics rarely failed him.

Orokos just doesn't want me to make that poor guard feel better. Was a charm attempt, base value of 49. Konstantin Offers an Ego Boost: 1d100 94

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli Ramrod

Patchouli is getting pretty confused about this place. Isolated cities in a horrible desert, building on the sand like primitives, herding beasts and flaunting fancy robes. Was there hidden technology in the palace that reclaimed water, or drilled an aquifer? Was that how the king maintained power?

Now that she's in direct contact with Gizzard, the qualities of a heavy burlap sack in defeating high-technology spies is evident. Maybe some audio could be recovered from the surroundings?

Gizzard Awareness (Sound): 1d100 24 vs 31 Perception + 10 Heightened Senses (Sound)

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 24, 2016

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Itztli

Busy with the process of assembling three large tents on his own, inside a cramped cave no less, Itztli finds himself still unarmored when the sounds of combat suddenly shake the tunnel. Dropping the half-assembled final tent where it sits, the young hunter grabs his armor and begins to hurriedly put it on.

Turn 1 - I put on armor! Because gently caress running into the tunnel to fight a 40 strength horde when I can only deal 1 magnitude damage to it

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Inf
46      33      40      34      42      21      36      42      30      22

Wounds: 14/14
IP:      2/2

Armour: 
Xeno Hides (AP:6 Arms, Body)

Weapon:
'Stoneblood': 1d10+1+SB +1 (Legacy) R, Pen SB + 2 (mono) + 1 (Legacy), Very Rare
   -Crippling (1d4-1) 
   -Mono
   -+10 to WS tests
   -Legacy of Conquest (+1 infamy when completing a compact 
     if only wielding the legacy weapon)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Mama Oksoko

Oksoko turns to Joe and beckons her in close. "These folk got somethin' in common with you and Mama Oksoko, lad," she says. "Somethin' special." The old woman winks conspiratorially at her fellow psyker before straightening up. "Might come in handy, but you'll have to take care," she adds.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Serp

"By the pit!"

Scouting the cave quickly becomes an act of futility when the cave itself starts to attack. In close quarters the Crook will do him no good. Instead Serp draws his bolter and takes a firing stance to gun down the horde of golems.

Half aim and Semi Auto burst at the horde vs 57: 1d100 87. Miss.

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Inf
36	47	38	38	41	38	44	33	24	24

Wounds: 15
IP:    2

Armour: 6 Head,  6 Body, 6 Arms, 6 Legs
Force Field: 50/1

Good Bolter	Basic	100m	S/3/-	1d10+5X	Pen 4	Clip 24	Half	     Tearing, Reliable
Good Sniper	Basic	200m	S/-/-	1d10+4I	Pen 3	Clip 20	Half  	Accurate, Reliable, Red Dot Sight

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Previously (this is something I'll say happened before the previous update):
Tnasaep smiles at Oscar's question. "Most of the citizens address Him as His Highness or His Majesty, and the junior priesthood as his Holiness, but the exact honorifics vary between city-states, some preferring to emphasise one part of priest-king over or the other. Since you are outlanders, any form of address you believe suited for addressing royalty will more than likely be sufficient. It is the thought rather than the words that matter. As for the water-sharing, the ritual itself is simple. You accept the water poured for you, and drink of it, much or little, quickly or slowly does not matter. Hesitation would usually be regarded as impolite, but again, you are unused to our customs. I don't believe you would be begrudged for minor deviations, if they are not judged to be intended slights."

When the water is mentioned, Oscar remembers the words on the note that originally prompted him to leave the Imperium.

Town-team:
Patchouli receives no current audio, but does manage to dig up a recording from a short while ago, after the skull's disappearance was noted.

++My lord, we found this skulking in an alley near the edge of the city.++

++Another one? Today?++

++Less than an hour ago. I thought the king had ordered the Imperials to keep their macabre spies out of His city.++

++He did. Give me the skull, I will bring it to his attention.++

The rest of the recording sin the skull are, sadly, incomprehensible, indistinct chatter recorder on city streets with distant people talking over each other. None of the visual records reveal anything you haven't seen yourself in the last few minutes, with the exception of the skull's capture.

Konstantin inspects the lone guard like a drill abbot inspecting a neophyte. The guard, already making an effort to remain proper, doubles his efforts to stand very very still and look formal and dignified. Despite remarkable success in stillness, your trained eye can see his skin getting clammy. When Konstantin nods at him and ceases his scrutiny, the guard visibly relaxes, going back to standing at attention like normal people.

Less than a minute later, Tnasaep and the other guard return.

Tnasaep seems happy and content and the guard looks at your group, smiling politely before speaking. "His Divine Highness Apastatauk will see you as soon, but is currently occupied. If you follow me, I will show you to an antechamber where you may wait more comfortably." He takes a place by the open door, clearly waiting for you to gather your party before venturing forth.

Before the guard can usher you into the palace, Tnasaep looks at you again. "My foreign friends, it has been a pleasure to meet you, but sadly I have work to do and you may be here for an hour or two before His Highness can receive you. But you know where I live and work! Come find me once you've been properly welcomed to the city, if you want a guide." He seems sincerely happy to have talked with you, strangers from a strange land providing a welcome diversion from nerf-maintenance, but turns to leave to return to his work.

You have been invited in to the palace, and have made a friend in the city! Unless there are more questions or comments to Tnasaep, or someone specifically objects, I'll railroad you into a waiting room next update. Sorry for that, but trying to keep pacing relatively similar between a split party means you get extra detail.

Cave-team:
The two space marines, practically surrounded by walking rocks, position themselves next to each other in the narrow passageway and open fire. Autocannon and bolter rounds tear into the rockslide of golems attacking you, shattering rocky bodies and severing mineral limbs. You hear explosions and breaking rock behind you as Serp fires his bolter down the tunnel, both shattering the handful of golems that had passed the two astartes and leaving a chipped schorch mark in the tunnel wall where a stray shell impacts. The rocks seem unperturbed by this, and keep swarming in your direction, unable to reach you with their stony extremities due to the closest ones being the first to be shot.

The initial horde has been considerably thinned, barely over half of the rocks in the pile of rubble still moving. Behind the remaining horde, you see the tunnel opening up, nondescript shapes moving in the darkness.

The horde is attempting to attack you in melee, but I'm tempted to let you use your range weapons anyway, to represent simply firing at anything that isn't yourself, packed in an enclosed space as you are, with each shot clearing just enough room for a next one. This applies to this combat only, future encounters will be considered on a case by case basis. Obviously, this only applies to hordes, if you dig up something bigger, you'll actually have to succeed in keeping your distance or follow the usual melee rules.

The horde has been reduced to 23 magnitude, thanks for size modifiers leading to it being basically impossible to miss last round. None of you took damage this time. I may need bigger rocks.

Waci fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 25, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tloloc
Tloloc laughter echoes through the cavern in between autocannon bursts. "I can't believe it. I've faced Daemons, Space Marines, Xenos, and all sorts of heavy poo poo. And this is what was waiting to kill us! Destroy them all and lets clear the cave!"

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Hellbringer 300m S/4/- 3d10+9I Pen: 7 Clip: 40/40 Rld: 2 Full Special: Bloodlust, Legacy of Slaughter, Never Jams, Twin-Linked

Noteworthy Wargear
-Bellicose Pattern

Special Abilities:
Negotiated Favour:

Noteworthy CSM Implants
Noteworthy Traits
Noteworthy Talents

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Oscar Verduk

Oscar nods appreciatively to Tnasaep, waits for him to depart, then motions for the others to come in close. He drops his voice to a whisper.

"Uh, look, this may sound a little crazy, but I get messages from...something. Haven't figured out what yet. Asked around the Vortex, only guy who gave me an answer just laughed and said that 'a not-so-little bird is whispering in your ear.' I have no idea what that means and I only just got past feeling horrible nausea anytime somebody mentions one of the Gods' names, so if any of you know what that is, maybe save it until later. I don't want to puke on the King's sandals. Anyway, look, the message I got that told me to meet with our employer ended with a warning 'not to drink the water.' I just figured out what it was talking about. So when we get in there, don't do anything hasty. I'm going to try to convince the King that the Ecclesiarchy represents an immediate threat to him, which isn't strictly untrue, and that there's no time for this ritual, because I have a really bad feeling about this water."

2 questions Waci: does the Priest-King fall under Peer (Planetary Governors or Warlords), and can I switch my Serpent's Tongue Peer (2) to whatever group the King falls under? I'm not really sure why I decided to trigger it before I even knew who we were going to be talking to.

Also, I'm glad we made friends with peasant backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hatterus

Hatterus stands there, the recoil suppression in his power armor keeping the bolter steady as he fires it one handed. He gives off a fake yawn, "Yeah, but there's no fun here. The things don't scream or bleed at all. May as well be firing at the ground. Things probably can't even feel pain. What's the point of killing something that probably doesn't even fear death?"

• Locked thread