Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mapparu

im a pretty educated person, i listen to shortwave broadcasts from BOTH cuba and china so i pretty much know everything whats going on in the world.
anyways so the stock market crashed and i decided draw a graph so people from byob who arent as well informed as i am can understand whats going on.

this is the graph hope this clears things up all of you who are worried about your stocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boof Bonser

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Apparently oil is up 8%, the market is up 2%, and we're all back to normal.

Cyberbird

i agree. the stock market, as a system, is bad.

your market system is, as they say, a piece of poo poo.

Mapparu

Boof Bonser

Buy shares in index funds when people freak out.

Rinse.

Repeat.

barfdog

wow, i didnt realise we had a bunch of high rolling gamblers in here. this has totally changed my perception of byob.

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

alnilam

Don't spread this around but our very own pig slut lisa is kind of a big deal over in the business finance and careers subsubforum

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

barfdog posted:

wow, i didnt realise we had a bunch of high rolling gamblers in here. this has totally changed my perception of byob.

nah. just responsible friendly adults. adulting and such.

barfdog

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

nah. just responsible friendly adults. adulting and such.

oh, i see.

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
i mean most educated adults usually have an opinion on the stock market.

im not saying children and adolescents don't care about it...that guy's kid down the block is a real whiz. invested all of his allowance money into something successful. a sleeper stock, if you will.

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the market being bad is kinda good for me cause my company is all about using sports wagering as an alternative investment strategy so being able to say "look how bad and unpredictable the stock market is" makes our proposal sound better

Mapparu

alnilam posted:

Don't spread this around but our very own pig slut lisa is kind of a big deal over in the business finance and careers subsubforum

holy poo poo really maybe psl can help set this economy back on track

FluffieDuckie

i'm going to share with you my mother's long term investing strategy. this is a thing she's done her whole life. no one can convince her this isn't a good strategy

she sold everything yesterday so cheer up guys, things will recover soon

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/20/investing/stocks-markets-dow-oil-china/

I don't know if this is a serious website or not???

FreshCutFries

ahahahahaha

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
My mom always said take stock, you people paying for it are suckers.
You can also make stock at home that is cheaper and more delicious, I guess this is on the decline.
Flippin millennials

Boof Bonser

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm going to share with you my mother's long term investing strategy. this is a thing she's done her whole life. no one can convince her this isn't a good strategy

Boomers are the worst at this.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

lol

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
WELCOME TO THE FEAR AND GREED INDEX. SUBMIT YOUR SINS TO THE MACHINE GOD AND RECEIVE YOUR JUDGMENT

HIS TICKER TAPE IS NEVER WRONG

Full-Bodied Flavor

stock price is actually just calculated by having a snail move about on a graph and noting its trail, that's why the price can sometimes be "off the charts"

deep dish peat moss

Stock Market is for plebeians... I'm all on the Aftermarket Market

Mapparu

ChairmanMeow posted:

My mom always said take stock, you people paying for it are suckers.
You can also make stock at home that is cheaper and more delicious, I guess this is on the decline.
Flippin millennials

i am really tired and i thought this said Filipino millennials and i kept reread your several times

Mapparu

FluffieDuckie posted:

moms know best

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
this is actually showin byob membership over time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Candle

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Mapparu posted:

i am really tired and i thought this said Filipino millennials and i kept reread your several times

them too

smoobles

the red line is our posting quality and the blue line is our post counts

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Matoi Ryuko

smoobles posted:

The white is your posts...

smoobles

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The white is your posts...

ubiquitous background noise? seems right

----------------

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

smoobles posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
If you haven't developed a post-apocalyptic skill or trade yet, you're just plain silly. I taught myself how to scavenge automobiles for cybernetic implants and also how to pickle... things.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

smoobles

my plan is to open a shop that attaches spikes to football gear

----------------

alnilam

smoobles posted:

my plan is to open a shop that attaches spikes to football gear

lol

Mapparu

smoobles posted:

Mapparu

im the biggest offender

Dead Pressed

Mapparu posted:

im a pretty educated person, i listen to shortwave broadcasts from BOTH cuba and china so i pretty much know everything whats going on in the world.
anyways so the stock market crashed and i decided draw a graph so people from byob who arent as well informed as i am can understand whats going on.

this is the graph hope this clears things up all of you who are worried about your stocks.

Hey retard, you're looking at it backwards. Things are looking good. buy Buy BUY!

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
fools! im here to tell you that now is the time to invest in BYOB, the future looks bright! it can only go up up up!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

Dead Pressed posted:

Hey retard, you're looking at it backwards. Things are looking good. buy Buy BUY!

actual graph of posting commodities trading index, byob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
the stock market is pretty rad

• Locked thread