Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The current El Rey episode has Chavo/Muertes as the opening match. First off, I totally forgot that Chavo and Muertes had a mini-feud. Second off, Chavo disqualifies himself with a chairshot and immediately gets murdered, so :lol: Chavo is an idiot.

E: Oh God this is the episode with Ivelisse/Angelico, AKA Striker and Vampiro's low point.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Gavok posted:

Guys, what if Cage literally is a machine?

Going by his AAA promos, he's not just a machine. He's a loving machine.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Benne posted:

E: Oh God this is the episode with Ivelisse/Angelico, AKA Striker and Vampiro's low point.

See if the camera picks up anyone yelling YOU SHOULDN'T BE CHEERING FOR THIS DON'T CHANT THAT YOU ARE A BAD CROWD

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

The current El Rey episode has Chavo/Muertes as the opening match. First off, I totally forgot that Chavo and Muertes had a mini-feud. Second off, Chavo disqualifies himself with a chairshot and immediately gets murdered, so :lol: Chavo is an idiot.

Was one of the really memorable missteps during the first season. On paper, it was a good idea, like Angelico gets suggestive on Ivelisse both because he's a little creepy but also because he knows it'll gently caress with Havoc and either get him a win by DQ or get Havoc to fast-count out his own girlfriend, which is what the finish was. Makes sense since otherwise he's screwed otherwise with Havoc on guest ref, and set up the further three-way dissension between them. The problem is that it's kind of a thin line to walk during a match and Angelico got a little too far on the rapey side of things. I guess the edited version is much better than how it was live, you can see how many weird cuts there are during the match to make it a little more palatable. That's the good thing about not doing a live program, you can fix the narrative.

Mob posted:

See if the camera picks up anyone yelling YOU SHOULDN'T BE CHEERING FOR THIS DON'T CHANT THAT YOU ARE A BAD CROWD

Yeah, also Stroud (I think that's who it was, right?) is an idiot who made a way bigger deal out of it than it was.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's funny how much the crowd hates Vinny Massaro when he's on TV maybe once a month and never wins.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

It's funny how much the crowd hates Vinny Massaro when he's on TV maybe once a month and never wins.

He did a dark match where they had a valet that introduced him as "Vincent Kennedy Massaro." Don't think that's a spoiler since they've shown no indication of using that live, I think it was just a dark match joke. But you want some instant easy heat in the Temple, oh man, there you go.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Spoiler alert: Grave Consequences and the Mundo/Cuerno cage match still hold up

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Time Warner gets El Rey... but not in HD, apparently. I have a hard time motivating myself to watch SD wrestling. I wish they'd just put out a Blu Ray set of the first season or something.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Maybe by Season 3 Daniel Bryan will be out of his WWE contract so he can form up the Sons of Havoc. Clearly he got the recessive genes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dunbar posted:

Time Warner gets El Rey... but not in HD, apparently. I have a hard time motivating myself to watch SD wrestling. I wish they'd just put out a Blu Ray set of the first season or something.

Maybe it will be available on demand in HD? I know Xfinity, which also broadcasts in HD, was offering From Dusk Till Dawn in HD on demand last year.

Not that I'm going to wait, I'll cope with SD.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Is this gonna be a thread that uses spoiler tags?

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Hopefully no spoilers period, hence no tags. It's in the OP :)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Yeah, I'd prefer not to spoiler tag in here. Maybe when Season 3 tapings start we'll do spoilers just about new talent like we did in the Season 2 hype thread, but I'd rather not have upcoming match spoilers in here. It is an open gameday thread, so if you're not watching at 5 pacific/8 eastern on Wednesdays, you might want to avoid the thread until you see the episode of the week.

Not that I'm a mod or have any power to enforce any of that, but I think it would be good to avoid result spoilers if we can. That stuff is out there to find pretty easily if people want it, and sometimes it can be hard to resist/avoid hitting a spoiler and then you see a glimpse of "EL MARACHI LOCO BECOMES CHAMPION" and you're stuck with that forever.

On the HD front, my local cable provider only has El Rey in low-def too. I ended up downgrading my cable package and subscribing to fubo instead. Lost a bunch of channels I never watch, gained El Rey in HD, and saved like $30 a month.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

cronox2 posted:

Maybe by Season 3 Daniel Bryan will be out of his WWE contract so he can form up the Sons of Havoc. Clearly he got the recessive genes.

BEEF WITH CUETO

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RealDarioCueto/status/691341562106765312

Dario's first tweet since Ultima Lucha!

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 24, 2016

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I wish more wrestling promotions got actual actors, or at least one good one like Dario to be the guy running things.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Goddamn Sling is the worst streaming service I've ever used, they need to get LU onto Hulu or Netflix

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AlmightyBob posted:

Goddamn Sling is the worst streaming service I've ever used, they need to get LU onto Hulu or Netflix

Dump sling and use fubo.tv instead, I've had a much better experience (and it's cheaper). Unless you really care about the other channels that Sling has.

But yeah, they need a better alternative.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

FWIW I've been using fuboTV all weekend and it's been absolutely perfect.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ZoDiAC_ posted:

We have a spoilers thread already

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Akileese posted:

FWIW I've been using fuboTV all weekend and it's been absolutely perfect.

Does fubo do the on demand stuff that sling does? That's why I'm using it for this

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

AlmightyBob posted:

Does fubo do the on demand stuff that sling does? That's why I'm using it for this

Doesn't look like it. Which is dumb because they have DVR functions for the soccer matches but not shows.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

Sadly no. DVR is only for soccer matches.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Akileese posted:

Sadly no. DVR is only for soccer matches.

I sent them an email a couple days ago asking for DVR functionality for Lucha Underground and using the terms "matches" a lot, hopefully they will get confused. They do say the DVR thing is still beta, so maybe they will eventually expand it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

FYI El Rey is advertising a Lucha Underground Season 2 sneak peak after this episode. No idea what all it will entail.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Akileese posted:

FYI El Rey is advertising a Lucha Underground Season 2 sneak peak after this episode. No idea what all it will entail.

Putting it on my second screen so I don't miss it. It should happen right during the middle-ish dead time of the Rumble.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
From fubo.tv re: the DVR functionality:

quote:

Our DVR feature is still indeed in its beta version, and it is available on our website, iPhone, Android smartphone, and the Amazon Fire TV. With this feature you can preset to record the live match of your choice if you know that you will be missing that match and you will be able to watch at your earliest convenience. It is then recorded and stored for up to 72 hours after the original air.

Currently, this version of the DVR only allows live matches to be recorded. However, once we release the final version of the feature it will allow for more storage space, simultaneous recordings, and the ability to record both live and non-live content. We will indeed also be expanding functionality to all our other apps in the future.

Sounds promising for the future

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Ah, it's just a cut up version of the Season 2 trailer

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Ah, it's just a cut up version of the Season 2 trailer

Yeah I was hoping for a bit more but ah well. I haven't been excited this excited for a show in a long time. Season 1 of LU was probably the best season of TV I've seen in years and not just wrestling.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Man, rewatching this Vampiro/Pentagon Jr. match and it is still awesome and horrifying

(edit): people talk about all of Angelico's dives but I think this is the highest one ever taken in the temple, he's on top of that vent housing, which is like another five feet up over the second story:

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 25, 2016

toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
My cable provider finally started carrying El Ray at the start of the year, so I've been catching up on Wednesdays and this marathon. Outside of the sloppiness from a lot of the roster, I'm loving the way everything is presented. Drago is awesome. Pentagon Jr. is awesome. And the Cage/The Mack match at Ulima Lucha was one of the best things I've seen in a while. All I have left to watch is Ulima Lucha part 2 and I'm ready for season 2.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

toenut posted:

My cable provider finally started carrying El Ray at the start of the year, so I've been catching up on Wednesdays and this marathon. Outside of the sloppiness from a lot of the roster, I'm loving the way everything is presented. Drago is awesome. Pentagon Jr. is awesome. And the Cage/The Mack match at Ulima Lucha was one of the best things I've seen in a while. All I have left to watch is Ulima Lucha part 2 and I'm ready for season 2.

A lot of good stuff in Ultima Lucha 2, you're in for a treat if you've enjoyed it so far. And just in time for Wednesday.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, Ultima Lucha is a great top-to-bottom card. The only thing that comes close to a piss break is Texano/Demon, and that was a last-minute audible since they needed someone to take Chavo's spot (who legit tore his hamstring a couple tapings ago).

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I genuinely wonder if Hijo de Perro Aguayo didn't die would he have been Pentagon Jr's master instead of Vampiro?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

LionYeti posted:

I genuinely wonder if Hijo de Perro Aguayo didn't die would he have been Pentagon Jr's master instead of Vampiro?

I can't remember the timeline well enough, had that storyline even started yet by the time Perro Aguayo died?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

I can't remember the timeline well enough, had that storyline even started yet by the time Perro Aguayo died?

I believe he'd been breaking arms and dedicating them to his master before then, yeah. He had that going on for a while, then cooled off into the background a bit, then came back with a vengeance.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Chris DeJoseph will be doing an AMA on Reddit at 4pm EST Wednesday - basically for the hour right before the season premiere.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sanguinia posted:

LU is basically everything I've ever wanted out of wrestling since I first saw Glacier in WCW and Undertaker in WWF as a child. I never wanted sports, I wanted Street Fighter come to life.
It's also kind of like if that WMAC Masters show had been super awesome.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/691772259627851777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I never realized that there would one day be a potential dream match involving Knockouts tag champs Eric Young and ODB, but here we are.

• Locked thread