Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Roid Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
LU and NXT wednesdays, back again. Awesome.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just finished watching the end of Ultima Lucha again and I still can't believe what they did with Drago and Aerostar. One is a literal dragon and the other travels by spaceship... :allears:
Don't be ridiculous.

Aerostar IS the spaceship.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Oh, Lucha Underground. How I have missed you.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I am smiling from ear to ear. It's just such a good loving show.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
They'll split the difference and make him La Parktagon.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I like that he seems to recognise that none of what he's saying means that LU is going to fail or do badly. He just doesn't think those people who like it are True Wrestling Fans™. So there's still some awareness there.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I want to know how Matt Striker ended up in The Temple. Like, Vamprio makes sense because he's a retired wrestler who's fought all over the world, but Striker is just some ex-teacher nerd. Did he just wondering into the Temple one day and Dario just gave him a job because he found him amusing?
Dario is a businessman, and Striker is cheap.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
For a brief, brief moment, I half-expected Detective Dwayne Johnson there. You assholes.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

Well yeah guys, she looks green because she's only been wrestling for 18 months.

The reason she's on this is that she wrestles on the non.PWG SoCal scene. Her biggest matches so far were against Cheerleader Melissa, I'm guessing they asked her about local women they could get cheaply.
It's interesting to me since they seem to be maybe pushing the "7 Aztec tribes" thing this year is presumably she's representing one of them. I've been trying to find a good picture of the Gift of the Gods belt with all the medallions in to try and work out what they're all supposed to be.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

My bet though is that Dario is the one who has the evil god in him, and not Matanza.
I hope not. I love all the ridiculous mythology and mystic bullshit in this show, but I enjoy Dario as a completely normal businessman who just happens to be a real dick.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
He does have his tattoo on the non-Rock-approved side.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
^ Because there was no holder of the belt at Aztec Warfare last year. Edit: Beaten.

sticklefifer posted:

I'm a little confused about contendership here. Mil Muertes just made Pentagon and Puma co-#1 contenders, but Fenix's belt also means he's #1 contender whenever he wants, and Aztec Warfare is for a #1 contender shot too?
Co-#1 Contenders are because Mil is a jerk.

Gift of the Gods is Money in the Bank except you have to give one week's notice (which Cuerno tried to do last week and Catrina didn't let him, because she's a jerk).

Aztec Warfare is three weeks away, so there's plenty of time for Pentagon or Puma to use up their shots (and Fenix, too, if he gets the chance).

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Jesus.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, when I first looked up who Matanza was, I was expecting some giant power guy with skill as an afterthought.

Nope, dude has power and a great loving moveset.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I may have screamed 'goddammit Stryker' at that point.
Mine was, "You can call him a paragraph, because he's not tall enough to be an Esé"

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Also I can't believe how much Aztec Warfare is what the Royal Rumble should be, i.e. setting up or continuing feuds for basically every participant, introducing new faces and making them look strong even if they don't win, good comedy bits, a wide array of different offense and styles on display, teasing future developments.

They even put one guy over as a total monster without totally sacrificing the entire roster to do it!
\/ Of all the people Matanza took out, either they were guys who weren't going to win anyway (Chavo and Joey Ryan) or had been in the match a real long time by that point and already taken a lot of punishment. Rey or Puma or Azteca don't come out of this looking like chumps.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 24, 2016

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Watching Catrina's entire world come crashing down around her was amazing. Fenix took the title from Mil so she tries to engineer things to his advantage again, but her punishment and threatening of Pentagon Jr backfires spectacularly and she watches her unstoppable avatar of Death be defeated in moments. Then Dario returns, immediately retakes control simply by his presence and then brings in a new monster who destroys everybody and everything in a way that Mil couldn't.

Spectacular stuff, and that's just ONE character's storyline from this match/episode.
I also loved that she was still playing the arrogant, confident above-it-all heel role all throughout it right up until Dario mentioned Matanza was here, at which point even she was petrified.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Dias posted:

I'm also very upset that Joey Ryan's Aztec Warrior Dick did not defeat The Brother Monster Matanza Cueto.
They have to keep something for Ultima Lucha II.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Dr. Baker posted:

I was standing on the balcony by the stairs. In between tapings, they made us all evacuate the section and go downstairs. Once it was cleared, Dario lured Matanza across the temple using that key he has. After Matanza was gone, we were allowed to go back to our section. I love it.
This poo poo right here is awesome, and I'm quoting it because apparently all y'all missed it because you're not quoting how awesome it is.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Last I heard, Netflix had offered them too low a number, and they declined, and are waiting/hoping for a bigger one.
I wonder if they were waiting for AWII so they could point to what they hoped would be kickass numbers? If so, success.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

There's what, 16 episodes left this season? I'd be super shocked if he drops the title before UL.
Likewise, but then again, Fenix dropped it after just one episode.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Marty the Moth is such an insane character but they really make it work with the details: the empty book, being from La Jolla (gently caress La Jolla),
For myself as someone from the other side of the pond, what's up with La Jolla?

For that matter, am I missing out on any other neat hometown locations by not being familiar with the US/Mexico? The only one I really get as something is Puma being billed from Boyle Heights.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Dragon Azteca getting that tossed DDT off of Puma was a thing of beauty.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'm not a huge fan of it even if it was a gimmicked chair. Less so for the injury, and more so for the effect on backyard/lovely garbage fed wrestlers who aren't going to get/going to bother with gimmicked stuff.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The issue isn't backyard wrestlers doing dumb poo poo to gently caress up their bodies because they see it on TV. Anyone interested at all in wrestling already knows about that poo poo. The issue is that it being on TV can make people think that if you're willing to do that dumb poo poo that that's a legit possible route into a big company. Not flippy, big, or great on the mic? Just be willing to take chairshots to the head, and you too can get on TV.

Also it's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

Pentagon Jr. vs. the entire Sinestro Corps for Ultima Lucha 3. Book it!
Sinestro's in, but for some reason when I call the Corps it's going straight to voicemail.

• Locked thread