Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
I've been working my way through season 1 and I'm not so sure popping into a later episode like Grave Consequences would be the best way to go. Lucha Underground is pretty much structured like a TV series and jumping ahead you miss the build-up that really makes something like Grave Consequences so good.

Instead I'd show them the introductory packages for wrestlers like Mil Muertes, Pentagon Jr. and Drago as well as some of Catrina's shenanigans.

Drago package

Mil's intro package

Mil's backstory

Catrina delivers Mil's message to Blue Demon Jr.

Pentagon Jr package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I'm a little confused about contendership here. Mil Muertes just made Pentagon and Puma co-#1 contenders, but Fenix's belt also means he's #1 contender whenever he wants, and Aztec Warfare is for a #1 contender shot too?

Mil will defend the championship against Puma and Pentagon next week, meanwhile Aztec Warfare will decide the next #1 contender and Fenix can cash in the Gift of the Gods whenever he wants against whomever holds the belt and get a match the next week.

Edit: Usually co-#1 means it's a triple threat match, or there's a match to determine who gets the shot like when Jonny and Alberto convinced Dario that Hernandez couldn't have deserved that #1 spot until he'd beaten one of them.

Vengeance of Pandas fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 3, 2016

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

You know what I'd kinda like to see, Dragon Azteca Jr. entering the temple in disguise under another mask. He spends a few months as this midcard jobber who constantly gets in people's way until he pisses someone off so much they get a match where his mask is on the line. He loses and the victor strips off the mask only to reveal the Dragon Azteca mask underneath as DAJ clears the ring in a display of rear end whooping and announces he's coming for everything Dario Cueto holds dear.

If I'm being honest I just really want a Scooby Doo like situation where the mask removal is this big revelation, whether it's a heel trying to help a babyface they supposedly hated or a babyface using the mask to satisfy their hidden dark side.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Didn't see it mentioned in thread but final LU comic is available.

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/707687625855885312

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Based on the action in that video Johnny Mundo vs Luchasaurus could be the feud of 2016/2017, though Mundo hitting him with a car was a little too far. I mean Luchasaurus is an endangered species.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

I like hating Chavo, because he does the "lame chickenshit" heel so well it's fun to take the piss and root for when he gets his comeuppance. Always worth remembering that he's involved in the production side when considering everything that's happened to him in LU, he basically strikes me as someone who knows his strengths and weaknesses and is comfortable putting the product above his ego.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So guys my new cable box doesn't work and won't be fixed until Thursday. BUT I'm still gonna catch UL Dos by streaming my TV feed through my XBox. I WILL NOT BE DENIED.
*we need a

Not happy with the miedo hand but I can't quite figure out how to improve it yet.

Vengeance of Pandas fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 13, 2016

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Not happy with the miedo hand but I can't quite figure out how to improve it yet.

Realised I'd forgotten Pentagon's gloves are skeleton white on the back.

Edit: Bugger it's Cero Miedo,

Still not quite happy with it but buggered if I can think of what to do with it.

Edit Black and red mask version

Vengeance of Pandas fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah, I really do respect someone who has that much influence backstage and is happy to play the asswipe like Chavo does. He clearly knows his strengths and weaknesses and is happy to play a role that suits them for the benefit of the team.

• Locked thread