Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Benne posted:

Dario is so good that he doesn't even need an elaborate catchphrase, because he got "RING THE BELL" over as a catchphrase.

Counterpoint - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlc6OT1OHfM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Angular Landbury posted:

He did some interviews on this. He moved away from the LA area, so travelling to tapings was a huge hassle for everyone and they let him out of his contract on good terms.

I'm unfamiliar with this wrestling terminology. Can someone explain it to be?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Tapings have been going on since mid November. And they tape 4-5 episodes per weekend taping.

That makes sense, especially if they don't use the entire roster on just one episode.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I loved how Melissa Santos was all "And their opponents! First, from Boyle Heights, PRINNNNNNCE PUUUUMA!

And his partner. Pentagon Jr."

Nice bit of continuity there.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

StarkRavingMad posted:

We're gonna hang this Prius from the roof of this building and have us a.....LADDER MAAAATCH

Great, one more thing for Angelico to leap from!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Who the gently caress is Joey Ryan?!?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Who the gently caress is Jack Evans?!?

Oh.

THAT'S Jack Evans. :allears:

(and to think according to the Season 2 trailer we're going to see Evans, PJ Black, and Drago face off with NUNCHUCKS)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gavok posted:

I went as Pentagon Jr. at last year's New York Comic Con. Even got him to retweet the photo.

I lucked out on getting the last available mask on Amazon. Found the shirt online. Got some skeleton biker gloves. Then I just got a Sub-Zero Halloween costume and spraypainted the blue parts white. Decided buying wrestling boots wasn't worth it.

[Vampiro]That's a drat sweet looking picture, bro. [/Vampiro]

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
On one hand, I’m a little bummed that Fenix only held the belt for a week AND that a debuting wrestler won the belt out of nowhere.

On the other hand, that new guys…santa maria, Lucha Underground has the best big guys. The Mack, Cage, and now Matanza. They put Braun Strowman to SHAME.

And I’m also surprised at just how DEEP Lucha Underground’s roster is. No Son of Havoc, no Angelico, no Ivelisse, no Sexy Star, no Cobra Moon, no members of the Crew…

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Illinois Smith posted:

You can't really compare them to Strowman though. All the LU guys you listed are around 5'10'' to 6'. They're indie bigs, barely.

Fair point. Television and editing makes them look a LOT bigger, especially compared to the “little” guys like Prince Puma and King Cuerno (who I know aren’t little, but still!)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dave's an emotionless robot, I'm not surprised the gently caress you spot didn't land for him.

Let me see ya grill

https://twitter.com/jackevans711/status/728269641936601089

Truly the baddest bitch in the temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I can't hate on Matt Striker. His enthusiasm feels genuine and like it's coming from some who is a true fan, not someone who has instructions barked into their ear.

• Locked thread