Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The fear that the show was done was horrible, and I'm glad that we don't have to worry about that for 1.5 more years at least. Bring on season 2 and 3 :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/691772259627851777

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That comic rules

ZoDiAC_ posted:

It's the season 2 thread. Stop calling me a bitch, keyboard warrior.

Discuss season 2 here. No spoilers.

Vampiro was the Master all along and the green question mark was for Rey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

I might have missed it but how many episodes will there be this season?

20 this season, and 20 in season 3

Which is good. I loved season 1, but 39 episodes for one season needed to be a one-time thing. Now they're able to do the same amount of tapings and get two seasons out of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAA is dumb

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/696021855619121152

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

I don't really follow the Mexican scene, how badly is Pentagon misused in AAA? I mean I've only seen one or two of his matches but the dude just loving owns and I fail to see how that could be hosed up.

He's been in the company years, amount of singles matches can be counted on one hand with room left over, and the most noteworthy thing is holding the mixed tag titles with Sexy Star since 2014 and never defending it, not even to lose it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And now everybody wants out of AAA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

He's a sleazy 70's guy and at live shows he asks who wants his blowpop and then feeds it to an audience memeber. There's also comedy spots where he tries to feed it to his opponent after sticking it down his tights or dropping it on the mat

Didn't he give Dave one once when he came to a PWG show and the fans cheered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren:

quote:

The company is trying to get a Lucha Underground movie produced for 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My only guess is she was real insulted they would give her a prize that she'd just never defend, and making the only time they would defend it be to lose it insulted her even more that she said "gently caress it, I'm just not showing up"

You would think that this gets resolved or at least discussed behind the scenes during the first year it's not defended and not held off until the second year, though. Both come off looking at least a bit bad here (They should have let Pentagon and Star defend it multiple times, and Star should have just showed up and taken the L), but Sexy Star comes off looking worse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

She held the title for over a year and only got booked to lose it after she complained publicly about what a pointless title it was.

They booked her to lose it at least once before that she also didn't show up for. It's kinda why her complaint, while accurate, didn't mean much from her. Yeah it's a pointless belt, but a lot of their other belts were/are, and those champs don't noshow when asked to defend/lose them

oatgan posted:

This is also not the first time Sexy has vacated a title instead of jobbing.

I didn't know this. Kinda surprised at the level of unprofessionalism from her honestly. She's got no problem with losing a lot elsewhere, what makes dropping a belt occasionally so different

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 21, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't imagine her coming back for Season 4 (at least if they're able to make Season 4 happen)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It reminds me of Stan Lee

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LU issue 3 starring Vampiro and Pentagon Jr

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hahhahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

DO NOT MISS AZTEC WARFARE THIS YEAR

Seriously, holy poo poo, this is an absolute must watch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'm a little confused about contendership here. Mil Muertes just made Pentagon and Puma co-#1 contenders, but Fenix's belt also means he's #1 contender whenever he wants, and Aztec Warfare is for a #1 contender shot too?

Last Aztec Warfare was for the belt (not a shot), don't know why this one wouldn't be too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

she could always be revealed as a fraud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said LU and Netflix are very close to a deal for season 1

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When he inevitably wins the belt, I want him to celebrate with the belt by doing the gyrations Leatherface did with the chainsaw at the end of the movie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

SoloWrestling interviewed Angelico , who’s was in Spain for a seminar. Angelico said Netflix had offered them a deal, but Lucha Underground rejected it for being too low. They’re hoping Netflix will come back with a better deal but are looking at other options. This is a difference between what a normal wrestling promtoion might do and how Lucha Underground operates – they’re a small part of a Mark Burnett media property who has a strong sense of how much they should be paid for certain content and are going to be more likely to hold that line. It’s probably affected other deals too – there are things they probably could’ve got done, but are holding out for better terms. Anyway, Angelico says he’ll be part of Season 3, joining the tapings in April and May, and htey’re shooting out of order so he may be part of earlier episodes. (It was clear to those at the tapings this weekend that matches were being taped for parts of many different shows and maybe not in any conventional order.) Angelico mentions he was going to wrestle in PWG and Chicago (AAW), could not due to his knee injury, but expects to do more with Jack in the near future.

:negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just watched. Yeah, that was perfect in every way :vince:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's Joey Ryan. He didn't think it through.

It's why the second Matanza looked at him, he tried to pull himself out through sheer willpower instead of go for the key and unlock himself as fast as possible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

He kind of did, but he's a heel monster. From being there it wasn't a disinterested sort of killing the crowd, it was more of a "holy crap look at this beast murdering all our heroes." The faces did still get cheers going at him, the biggest being the "Si se puede" for Rey being the last one left. Turns out that no, no he could not, but the crowd had hope.

Yeah, even on TV I got the feeling (from like, the second he immediately eliminated Fenix) that the crowd was silent more out of awe than anything. The boos didn't really come until he eliminated Puma and Rey, which of course, who wouldn't have been booed for that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deathlove posted:

Everything is his finisher. Anything he does. Is a finisher.

One of the things that I love about LU is that there really isn't a "star" structure, though. Nobody on the roster is (well, was) Untouchable - Mil is unstoppable unless Fenix (and possibly Pentagon Jr) is around, Puma gets punked by Mil on the reg, Pentagon has been shown to be vulnerable (although we can probably write off the early season one stuff as "whoops, didn't know this guy was gonna be THAT")...there's no Cena Wins LOL. It's a wrestling show that on its best day broke into the top 150 on TV, they can't afford to make anyone unbeatable, there needs to be that tension.

Except maybe now. But you know that's not going to last, because Reasons. :allears:

yeah, duh

Season 1's monster was Mil
Season 2's is Matanza

Imagine what they might have to do to top it for season 3 :stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

The Cho-Cho-Chosen One Jeff Jarrett.

You're on the right track

Give me Kevin Nash being the only one to beat Matanza, and he does it with a single Jacknife

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Cage sheds his skin.

I don't know if I could take seeing both Vader and Cage nude in one year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Wyatt Family's golden opportunity next week has brought some hope to me that someday we'll get the privilege of seeing Dario ring the opening bell at the NYSE

RING THE BELL

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I keep watching that gif of the end sequence of the Matanza/Rey final of AW2. So good and I can't get the audible "WHAT" from a fan out of my head

yesssssss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Here's what the image on that new shirt looks like:

https://squareup.com/market/luchaunderground/men-s-dario-cueto-power-black-t-shirt Being sold now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WrestlingInc saying they've been told LU's close to a Hulu deal; 2 seasons with a 3rd option http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0330/609135/lucha-underground-close-to-signing-deal-with-top-streaming/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, if they thought about it at all, my guess would be that they'd rather have people hyped and full of energy for AW and maybe a little dead the show after than have people tired for AW. They also may have just gotten pinned in by the scheduling -- they can usually shoot episodes out of order, but they couldn't really shoot anything after AW first because they'd give away Dario's return and Matanza.

If there was any taping that could have called for only one show and nobody would have complained about only seeing one thing or having to see three things next time, it was that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spikeguy posted:

Who is the writer/booker behind Lucha Underground?

I don't know if he's the only one, but the main guy is Chris DeJoseph. You may remember him from when he was in WWE as Big Dick Johnson, the shirtless gyrating guy DX used as a joke

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hace posted:

MVP got himself fired from agenting because podcasts

It's pretty incredible. He didn't even get to debut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Their filming's weird anyway because they always do Aztec Warfare 1) for the belt and 2) at a specific point in the taping schedules, and they always do Ultima Lucha last. So the most important stuff is always the stuff that's not filmed out of order, and usually is where the title stuff is accurately reflected. It's just a silly argument from both sides because they're both wildly inconsistent about their own rules.

• Locked thread