Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/693861652324835330

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Didn't Mack have an NXT contract fall through because he failed a physical or something? He's definitely a guy they could've used since there's not much of a midcard at the moment.

Very strange affair. He was signed pen to paper and seemingly the WWE decided to re-examine his medical to make a budget cut. How a leg injury healed and his blood pressure were the two issues. WWE never gave him a copy of the medical when he requested it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/727602180803284992

I believe the next season will have extra episodes.

Wait for a reporter to confirm it but I heard Ricochet did re-sign with LU. Obviously he won the New Japan Jr. Tag title this morning.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
MSL on MLW Radio went public on Ricochet's new Lucha Underground deal or at least whats on the table for him. In excess of $300k per year paid via El Rey Network - so if LU never tapes again he still will be paid. Can still work New Japan and his usual haunts too.

I personally heard $350k per year but I am not sure if that's for 5 years or 5 seasons.

There's a lot to unpack about that:

IF Ricochet bypassed WWE developmental half his salary would go on road expenses. So WWE would need offer him a near main eventer downside to sign him.

TNA used to be backed by Panda Energy. Current TNA deals are offering Monopoly money and it is just a LLC.

For some reason it has been several weeks and there's no confirmation he has signed it.

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 22, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

They may be keeping any confirmation under wraps until after this weekend's tapings, which are Ultima Lucha 3/end of Season 3.

Since the that MSL/MLW radio thing there's been a counter offensive stating it is just something Konnan conjured to get Ricochet PAID and Ricochet's new deal is closer to $100k.

The facts of the matter seem to be:
- No one is saying if or when he will sign this supposed deal. Odd.
- If true you'd think he would have snatched the contract out of their hands and signed it there and then.
- Why sign him for THAT much if LU is taped until late 2017.

Also Ricochet has been too cute in denying the story:
https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/745782332993343488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Rick O'Shea, they'll team him with Shaemus

Fairly sure he did

• Locked thread