Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Benne posted:

Looks like he broke into RVD's stash

This motherfucker was in an Air Bud movie about wrestling and I only just learned this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

This has already been better than months of Raw.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

:aaa:

A STREAAAAAAAMMMMM!!!! :gonk:

woo has it

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Go RV! posted:

I'm glad they're getting to work on Season 3, but I'm annoyed that I'm gonna have to dodge Big Dave spoilers even after the season ends.

Also, a bit concerned that they can't take fan opinion into account for S3 plots.

The fan opinion is just a piece of paper with NO KOBRA MOON circled on it

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I'm bummed by how Dario-less this season has been so far. This is like people wanting to know what happens to Stringer and Avon and then season 2 of the Wire is all about dockworkers.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Dario's brother finally got time off from starring in Splatterhouse to wrestle

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Mulaney Power Move posted:

jimmy cornette is really mad

Isn't this just true in general

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

jim truds posted:

Here is the other thing with Joey Ryan, in LU he is an undercover cop who does not actually know poo poo about wrestling. His plan was dumb because of that.

Yeah, he seems like exactly the person who would come into this thinking "these chumps don't even realize the flaw in their own rules :smug:"

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

What was it that Texano said before jumping Matanza?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Backyard wrestlers are going to kill themselves no matter what anyone on TV does.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Think of the children adult professional wrestlers!!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The only thing I didn't like about that match was that it seemed like they went up on the catwalk just to hang off it for a second and then come back down. Because you have to awkwardly climb a ladder to get there, it's hard to make it feel like the fight naturally led up there instead of "hold on, we gotta do our spot up here, okay done"

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I don't think this was posted here, so here's what Sexy Star had to say about the Mariposa fight in an interview with the wrestling journal of record, Forbes.

quote:

“My match against Mariposa has been one of the best things that have ever happened to me because it allowed me to make it clear to everyone what true women wrestling is. It’s not scratching each other followed by glamorous poses,” Sexy Star said. “We are not two beautiful women pulling each other’s hair. A real female match is a match between to gladiators, two warriors who are ready for anything and who are willing to leave their blood splattered in the ring if it’s necessary. In a true female match, participants defend their dignity with their moves, high flying action, hits, chairs and whatever else might be need, because when two women truly want to win, they are willing to risk it all, including their lives.”

“For decades, due to poor representation, female wrestlers have been expected to step into the ring to show off their bodies and model. It feels great to know that the public is clear that my fight with Mariposa was not that,” Sexy Star continued. “That fight demonstrated that the public has been living in a fog. Thanks to Lucha Underground and their belief in women and their power, we have been allowed the platform we deserve and we the women have made sure to defend our space and value within the company at all costs, even blood. That match was only a little sample of the type of fight women who truly love lucha and defend their dignity with much more than a nice body and pretty face are capable of.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

StarkRavingMad posted:

It was fine (in my opinion) because Pentagon looked murderous as gently caress for most of the match. Also this is his Empire Strikes Back middle dark episode, if you feel me

They just need to stop doing the "he went back to the lab/coffin/torture dungeon and now he's POWERED UP!!!oh he still lost" thing. It sucks the air out of the build ups for character changes. At this point new contacts is going to be a sign you're going to lose.

Speaking of character changes drat Catrina

• Locked thread