Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

They're doing a good job of at least getting the product talked about in different places. Hope the buzz actually leads somewhere because they're hosed if they can't get this on something besides El Rey.

At least we know we're getting two more seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Love the throne. hope Dario's back soon though

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

holy poo poo I assumed Fenix was winning that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Turning Pentagon face or at least faceish was def smart as he's the most over guy they have on the roster.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Flinger posted:

Motherfucking DRAGO is 40 too

Yeah that shocked me too. There's been tons of effective hosses Muertes's age and older but outside of a few guys in DG you usually don't see guys Drago's age working that style as well as he does.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 28, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

I like that Matt Striker drove to pick up Vampiro, and then put that sheet over his car for no reason other than to reveal it dramatically to him

At least Striker's enough of a weird dork that it almost seems plausible.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Discount Trombones posted:

Does anyone know how old Pentagon is? I don't want to go to his wikipedia page for fear of LU spoilers.

He's 30. BTW cagematch.net is good for that kinda poo poo as you're not going to get spoiled unless you click on matches.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Go RV! posted:

I feel like LU, if any company, should have a more arcade- style game, not a WWE2K16 or whatever.

I think someone in the games thread or somewhere said that the perfect LU game would be a reskinned Def Jam:Fight for NY and I think he hit it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

the best wrestler in Lucha Underground is Jack Evans

While I'm a huge NJPW fan I kinda wish the Bucks had taken the offer LU made them cause an Evans/Bucks trio would've been perfect.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LionYeti posted:

Please tell me I can buy his ring intro T shirt somewhere

Not the one he's been wearing on LU, but there's a Cero Miedo PdM shirt on Masked Repiblic

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I just posted this in the WWE thread when rumors of his return popped up and may as well crosspost it here:

quote:

Super Luchas reported that Mysterio had only signed a one season deal, although we had been told it was a two season deal, and have gotten confirmation of that both with someone with the company and someone close to Mysterio. Unless there is a contract breach, he will be back for the next season of Lucha Underground. There are options in place in the deal where it can be extended to four seasons. Whether they’ll be able to afford him after season two, or they’ll even be around, and given his situation and what he would want to do at the time, will all play into whether it goes forward. Everyone on both sides are working with the idea he’ll be back for the next season. The notable thing is that the Lucha Underground deals in most cases prohibit the talent from appearing on television with a rival promotion until after the season airs, not until after the tapings end. Based on that, if Mysterio is back for the next season, the earliest he could go to WWE or TNA (not that he would) could be the summer of 2017. We’re checking on whether that would apply in this instance, but the impression we were given is that if the deal isn’t breached in some way, that he would be unable to return to WWE until that time.

That's good that they'll have him back next season and I'm skeptical that there's going to be a fourth anyway.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm so glad they made Evans a heel unlike his role in AAA proper as his character's been perfect here.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

MUNDO UPGRADED FROM MELINA

Taya is rad

Yeah I knew she was on this season but had no idea in what role. This is perfect for her.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If you have Comcast Internet you can watch it online when it airs even if you don't have a TV, btw.

Uh, how? I have naked internet from them and would love to take advantage of this. I'm prob gonna switch as soon as I can justify paying $200 for a FIOS modem to do so since it's ridiculous paying $85 a month for a naked 50 megabit down connection but might as well use it while I can.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hoss Corncave posted:

Don't go looking up his exact height if you don't want to be spoiled on what happens in LU later. He's 5'10".

Use cagematch.net if you want to look up info on an LU guy without getting spoiled. Just don't click on the match tab if you don't want match results

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wasn't really feeling the early part of this season but that Muertes/Fenix match last week was great and this should be too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Pentagon is gonna break so many arms for not being invited to Aztec Warfare.

I was wondering if they were actually going to hint towards him and Fenix being related when the latter showed up

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ok, Matanza's a lot cooler than I thought he'd be from that one spoiler photo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Revenant Threshold posted:

Also I can't believe how much Aztec Warfare is what the Royal Rumble should be, i.e. setting up or continuing feuds for basically every participant, introducing new faces and making them look strong even if they don't win, good comedy bits, a wide array of different offense and styles on display, teasing future developments.

They even put one guy over as a total monster without totally sacrificing the entire roster to do it!

Well, they did basically sacrifice the enitre roster, but they basically had to given the buildup of the character.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/jctorch/status/713106924586139648

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big Dave posted:

The situation with King Cuerno is up in the air right now. What we know is that he was offered a spot in the WWE’s Global cruiserweight tournament and wanted to go, but neither AAA nor LU would allow it. That explains his cryptic tweets from a week or two back. He has the seven season deal. He hasn’t worked for AAA since 3/4 and wasn’t at the tapings for season three

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It was fun the first couple times but I'm starting to get tired of every character establishing vignette revolving around a kung-fu beatdown of masked jobbers. There was more variety in season 1

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

Were they running low on time at the tapings? Almost nobody is getting an entrance tonight.

I'm guessing they had entrances on the tapings but cut them as they're packing a lot of matches and segments into this episode

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

It was fun the first couple times but I'm starting to get tired of every character establishing vignette revolving around a kung-fu beatdown of masked jobbers. There was more variety in season 1

On the other hand fortunately every segment with Dario has been fantastic and I'm glad he's back in control

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

xposted from NJPW thread since this def concerns LU too:

Dave sounded p confident that Ricochet was staying in LU and NJPW on this morning's WOR. The one catch is that he was going by Dontaku booking (and tbh reading ANYTHING into jr tag title booking may be folly) and an LU source rather than official confirmation.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

First episode I had seen in quite some time.

Wagner's appearance was a pleasant surprise, I knew he was in LU now but I didn't know the context of his debut. Glad to see him paired with Famous B as the Famous B ads were one of the highlights of this season for me and his jacket was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

AAA will probably take him back, if only because they're so desperate for star power right now. But yeah, I think the LU bridge is burned.

Yeah AAA proper was very careful not to bury him on the way out despite leaving without dropping the belt. Not sure if the desire is there on Alberto's end or the money on AAA's end, but they'd gladly take him back.

• Locked thread