Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Does anyone happen to know how many episodes they've got planned for season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Yeah, I don't know if it's too late to throw a couple of cents in, but I feel like a lot of what made Grave Consequences good was what had come before.

and echoing some of the stuff about Chavo, so far it seems like he gets where he should be on the card and what his character is all about. I've always hated (or been a huge mark with regards to) these doofy "ref is a blind idiot" finishes, but I'm perfectly willing to wait to see Texano get his. It helps to know there's a subplot running through this stuff with the undercover Crew guy.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I'm not generally a fan of monster heels, Matanza doesn't look that big compared to the other guys, and I wasn't too excited about trading one big supernaturally-powered boss for another. It killed some of the fun of the show for me to know the last several minutes I couldn't expect much more than to see this guy kill everyone else to get established.

That all said, I went back and watched some of the poo poo he does. Wow. :vince:

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

Martinpale posted:

If you listen during the final Rey/Matanza spot, when Matanza tosses Rey up in the air out of the powerbomb position and catches him in the fallaway slam position, you can clearly hear a guy sum up how I felt about how loving strong you have to be to do that. "WHAT?!?"

But do you think he's strong enough to lift someone up for a powerbomb with just his one arm?

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

Erebus posted:

What was it that Texano said before jumping Matanza?

Beeboo crawshanks your mother, monster!

edit: aw...

edit2: You know, I tolerate Stryker more than most, and I even actually thought the Simpsons quote was funny, but what a lousy time to drop a goofy reference like that.

Minus1Minus1 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 25, 2016

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

NowonSA posted:

I can't be sure what his finisher is (german suplex maybe?), which is a nice change of pace once in awhile.

Although I get we were in kind of a wrestling bizarro zone, rendering the normal rules of wrestling temporarily void, but it reinforced the feeling I have that LU is not as finisher-centric as WWE. Which is a good thing.

I also like that in the world of LU, a guy like Mil or Matanza can be beaten and shuffled down the card (somehow robbed of their supernatural powers,) or written off the show entirely (murdered backstage!!!) because that's always my gripe with monsters. Once you tell the one story you ever really intended to tell with the guy, you've got to find a place for him that makes sense.

Kane's great and all, but he's a psychotic fire demon from hell that a bunch of guys on the roster can beat on any given night.

Minus1Minus1 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 26, 2016

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
This was a really fun episode. I've never been a fan of a Mundo, but the guy is great in this role. #cageinacage is the best. Evans, likewise, is a fantastically hateable guy.

Main event was Heel vs heel with a no-contest finish, and it was awesome and made me want to watch more.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Speaking of, is it hypocritical to hate on WWE's parity-booking, but to have no problem with the Aerostar/Drago rivalry?

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
On the other hand, he said the three amigos were designed to disorient the opponent, which I got a good chuckle out of.

Let's get Harper in LU.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I remember when I was preparing to check out LU for the first time- I was a little bummed that the plan seemed to be for Mundo to be a top baby face. I was pretty surprised when they turned him, but it's all been pretty great since then. For me, he's a guy like Miz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

frankenfreak posted:

They would make a great team! :v:

Yeah, I thought about that as soon as I posted. I actually missed their run together, but I remember hearing and seeing a little and thinking it sounded like they found great, entertaining roles for naturally hateable guys.

• Locked thread