Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

LUIGI: Mario, you mess around with dudes, right?

MARIO: Yeah, and...?

:jerky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Skeezy posted:

The animations in Paper Jam are so good.

This.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's nothing wrong with a little brotherly love.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

beecock

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game is very pretty, and the sprites are super smooth. just watching mario and luigi move around really is disney-like

god i hope the next paper mario is a real one but this more than fills the void

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of the bro attacks and trio moves are awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the most basic special shell attack ending in a slow-mo nuclear explosion over the horizon. i dont even know what the others look like yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they removed the "bonus level" thing from inside story. a good change, i always felt like i hosed up horribly if i missed the big number in the slots, it was dumb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Instead of the stat bonus reel you pick bonuses once you rank up which is nice. Though after 4 games I think I was drat good at rolling 5s on the slots.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dream Team just will not end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

if you dont actually care about the game at this point you can always just drop it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Where are you in it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, since you actually explore a 3d world in this game it feels a little more like paper mario.

spending 40% of inside story doing bad rigid 2D platforming inside bowser and all the rooms looking the same was a major turn-off after a while

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Where are you in it.

I just beat the last battle with Kamek in Bowser's castle

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, since you actually explore a 3d world in this game it feels a little more like paper mario.

spending 40% of inside story doing bad rigid 2D platforming inside bowser and all the rooms looking the same was a major turn-off after a while

Ya, when I heard that was the pitch for the game my big question was how theyd continue to maje that interesting for a whole game. Jabu Jabu is a sick dungeon but it would blow if the entire game was like that.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Speaking of stuff going on too long, anyone remember Jokes End from SS? Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just beat the last battle with Kamek in Bowser's castle

You're really close to the end. I think the final bosses are worth it but it's up to you.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This Goomba is awesome.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Evil Eagle posted:

This Goomba is awesome.
freaking lmao. new av material right there.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

This Goomba is awesome.

dry bones with a stack of bones also deserves some cred

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This Goomba is awesome.

awesome.. just awesome. that's an epic frigging goombah, my man.

edit: and Don't forget about DRYY BOOOONES!!! :D :D

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

...enhance

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The boys at spritersresource better get to work, I need this guy in high def.

Edit: Oh hell yes.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 25, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

You're really close to the end. I think the final bosses are worth it but it's up to you.

Yeah I'm gonna beat it. I'm actually up to the final bosses so hopefully I'll beat it today

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

someone animate this bad boy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I bought Paper Mario on the virtual console instead of this game, but I might still buy it down the line. it looks sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just beat Dream Team. The final battle took me about 5 tries. Overall I liked it, but by the end it started to drag a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I bought Paper Mario on the virtual console instead of this game, but I might still buy it down the line. it looks sick

It's better than I expected it would be. I like it a lot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My final stats

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im by the second major area, i slipped up against one of the local basic enemies and they dealt 20 loving damage with their attack. this game is not loving around lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if only ninty was this relentless with their zelda games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played about an hour of Paper Jam so far. It's pretty cool, I like that they give you a dash ability pretty soon into the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

im by the second major area, i slipped up against one of the local basic enemies and they dealt 20 loving damage with their attack. this game is not loving around lol

The Paper Jam of Mario games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most stuff past the desert has 3 or 4 attacks per animation if you missed every dodge it would one shot you. It's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Mario 1/TTYD were fun but once you learned the timing on everything you were essentially invincible and it was pretty easy. The difficulty in this game seems to be balanced around that and if you don't nail the dodging you just get pwned. I'm on the wiggler fight rn and its really hard and I love it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

if only ninty was this relentless with their zelda games

LBW hard mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
A darksoulsian take on Mario RPG

• Locked thread