Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
basically though foo's voice does not match the structure he is posting in. it feels janky, it starts and stops, there is no flow, its segmented and unnatural. its like he specifically channeling a way to sound, but can't get it to coherently flow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Captain Foo posted:

that was p embarrassing given the context but seriously those quoted posts were all me in direct response to people questioning me or my thoughts

so idk wtf you want

But it's the same on this page as well. You're not doing any scum hunting, you're just trying to defend yourself instead of look for scum. I get that you're being cased and defence is natural for town or scum but that doesn't mean you can't scum hunt at the same time. All you've done is look at Jake and Asii and go 'both town, i guess?' and stopped there. That only leaves another 4 players for you to look at but you're not even making the effort.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

What does that even mean? Is that your way of saying there's no content? Cause that is not even close to true and if that's what you're saying then it makes me think you're scum even more.

There is plenty to comment on at this point and reason to believe people are likely scum or town.

Preview Edit:

This is an easy vote for a shitposter D1 and a lurker today. KB may be scum, but even if he is he's not the only one. Who else do you think is scum? I'm asking you to comment on people's posts today. Do you think there were scum on the Tomm lynch or not? What about Jake's explanation convinced you to unvote? Do you think Foo is posting white noise or honestly scumhunting?

the tomm lynch was bad
and town was stupidly had
it didn't make sense
that's just my two cents
but to lynch scum would be rad

Jake's explanation was good
not great, but if I were him I would
So no jake today
continue to play
keep eyes on him? you certainly should

foo is posting weakly
however, it is not meekly
he's on the defensive
and cannot be pensive
so perhaps he is playing scummily?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'd really like king burgandys take on all of this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

I'd really like king burgandys take on all of this

Spoiler:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Has there always been an anonymous vote on Capps?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Has there always been an anonymous vote on Capps?

Yes. That's his Hated status.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

Yes. That's his Hated status.

:doh:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ay caramba

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Aggressive scum Rarity?

##vote Rarity

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also fine with foo/kash.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Aggressive scum Rarity?

##vote Rarity

King Burgundy posted:

Also fine with foo/kash.

Reasons for any of these?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Reasons for any of these?

Rarity = aggressive
Foo = fluff
Kash = low hanging fruit

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what makes kash low hanging fruit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

what makes kash low hanging fruit

Goes after shitposting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
KB you're not even shitposting anymore, you're just posting short things. It's not the same. Might as well give up the experiment and play.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

KB you're not even shitposting anymore, you're just posting short things. It's not the same. Might as well give up the experiment and play.

It's so hard to shitpost. :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's okay, not everyone can shitpost.

It doesn't make you less of a person.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm just too opinionated to not actually say stuff so was trying the short posting thing as a middle ground.

Anyway, my gut says Rarity is scum. Her tone here comes off aggressive to me, and when I've noticed that before, she's been scum. Just played a game with her where she didn't have that aggression and she was town.

On Kash, I just feel like he's going for super easy low hanging fruit rather than actually trying to catch scum.

On Foo, I can't speak to Capps stuff at all, but I do see the fluff thing that Rarity was talking about(probably not scum together, but who knows) and I also found him trying to make scum calls on the Tomm voters super questionable.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just read over Rarity and she doesn't seem that aggressive. Her only aggressive posts are these two, and I agree with them.

Rarity posted:

Why don't you try actively pushing people for reads instead of making meaningless plaudits?

Rarity posted:

But it's the same on this page as well. You're not doing any scum hunting, you're just trying to defend yourself instead of look for scum. I get that you're being cased and defence is natural for town or scum but that doesn't mean you can't scum hunt at the same time. All you've done is look at Jake and Asii and go 'both town, i guess?' and stopped there. That only leaves another 4 players for you to look at but you're not even making the effort.

So not really seeing it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I just read over Rarity and she doesn't seem that aggressive. Her only aggressive posts are these two, and I agree with them.

So not really seeing it.

Felt like a switch flipped to me when she went after Foo. She was calm easy going Rarity and then BAM. I'm feeling it the most in those two posts you quoted, but in the background of others as well. :shrug:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

lol

i've been doing analysis with the time i have and even pointed out where I started

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm glad KB decided to post though, and i'm gonna get a quick bite to eat and then re-read the last little bit in light of the new content

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

lol

i've been doing analysis with the time i have and even pointed out where I started

it turns out i didn't find anyone i wanted to call scum yet?? o well

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

it could be capt foo
why do you think what you do?
he's not being scum
you're being a bum
are you actually the scum too?

Kashuno posted:

foo is posting weakly
however, it is not meekly
he's on the defensive
and cannot be pensive
so perhaps he is playing scummily?

reconcile this plz

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

Oh wow, deadline is today
I know where my vote will stay
Agree with JakeP
I'll go ##vote KB
And so there's a scum we will slay!

this imo is one of the scummier posts in the game so far

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

for reasons i had mentioned earlier i believe

agreeing with someone on a vote with no stated reason is garbagio

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

Foo's noise to content ratio is really high. So many of his posts are just padding.

the other scummy post is this one. getting after me because of content style is again silly, and when i called those posts back out for being what they were rarity pivots

Rarity posted:

you're being defensive!!

yes sorry i had to take apart bad cases against me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

On Foo, I can't speak to Capps stuff at all, but I do see the fluff thing that Rarity was talking about(probably not scum together, but who knows) and I also found him trying to make scum calls on the Tomm voters super questionable.

read -> comprehend -> post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote rarity

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if i had to guess i think the other scum is probbbbably KB over Kashuno

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm really thinking Foo is scum here, especially with those last burst of posts.

Five people now (Me, PBS, Jake, Rarity, and KB) have pointed out that Foo's posts aren't great. PBS's reasons are a little different in that it's about tone more than content, but they're close enough. Foo has called 3 of these people town, and two of them scum and I can't figure out why.

Captain Foo posted:

read -> comprehend -> post

I don't know what this means.

Captain Foo posted:

you're being defensive!!

yes sorry i had to take apart bad cases against me

Except you weren't really doing that, you were even admitting that they were consistent with your meta.

Captain Foo posted:

sometimes

ive def been accused of doing the play-by-play thing before

Captain Foo posted:

capps' case is "i find foo's post style offputting" as it reads to me

that is not a good case, tho u may agree with the sentiment

Captain Foo posted:

but i don't know how capps PBS's brain works so idk why he's seeing discordance though i do know people are sometimes displeased with my short posting style

and i do have a tendency to play-by-play

Three posts that say basically the same thing, and in all of them you aren't really refuting the claim, just that it doesn't mean you're scum because that's your meta. So then why is Rarity and maybe KB (if that's what that post means) scum for echoing the same point.

Also, and I'm not hinging my case on this, but the mention of Kashuno feels like busing.

Captain Foo posted:

this imo is one of the scummier posts in the game so far

Captain Foo posted:

for reasons i had mentioned earlier i believe

agreeing with someone on a vote with no stated reason is garbagio

Captain Foo posted:

if i had to guess i think the other scum is probbbbably KB over Kashuno

Mentions Kash as making a very scummy post, then votes for Rarity and his second choice is KB for no real stated reason.

##vote Foo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wow good case there Asiina nice work.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey no problem I'm just trying my best here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No way that's the best case I've ever seen you're a mafia superstar.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Now I feel like you're mocking me...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No way, keep up the good work champ! :thumbsup:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011