Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"Sometimes you have to do things you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Battlestar Galactica: Thirty-Three is a closed-setup game for 9 players.

Rules:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game.
  • Flavor exists, but is not definitive proof one way or another.
  • DON'T LURK! This is going to be a thematically fast-paced game with ~24-36-hour days and ~12-18-hour nights depending on when days start/end.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule: If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be HATED the next game day and require one less vote to lynch.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule, Part 2: If you are already HATED and do not make at least 10 posts the following game day, you will be MODKILLED.
  • If you can no longer participate, PLEASE PM me and ask for a replacement. It'll make a better game for everyone.

Background:
The Cylons were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. They look and feel human. Some are programmed to think they are human. There are many copies. And they have a Plan.
Previously on Battlestar Galactica...
The crew of Battlestar Galactica have been on continuous alert for some 130.35 hours, during which time the Fleet has had to make an FTL jump every 33 minutes to escape their Cylon pursuers shortly after their initial escape. Nobody is sure how the Cylons could be tracking the Fleet so closely, but rumors are beginning to spread - could Cylons have infiltrated the Fleet? Who can you trust?

The clock is ticking. Tempers are growing short, everyone is exhausted, and time is running out. Find the Cylons... or the last remnants of humanity will perish.

Player List:
  1. Asiina
  2. Captain Foo
  3. JakeP
  4. Kashuno
  5. King Burgundy
  6. PBS Newshour
  7. Rarity
  8. Samfucius
  9. Tommunist

Podima fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: 4 slots left! :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I've learned my lesson from soldiers
large post counts are just boulders
and from what I've learned
it leaves many burned
to carry the game on my shoulders

:five:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: Two slots left! :siren:

If you're signing up, please don't lurk!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So it occurs to me, while reviewing my notes, that I wrote this game for 9 players instead of 11. Oops. Sorry about that.

By RNG, imgay is first on the replacement list, and the game will start as soon as I finish sending out role PMs! Stay tuned.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jump 237 complete. Start the clock.

:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 1 :awesomelon:

Rarity (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (9): Asiina, Captain Foo, JakeP, Kashuno, King Burgundy, PBS Newshour, Rarity, Samfucius, Tommunist :ffg:

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 24th, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I manually removed Kash's vote because there doesn't seem to be an easy way in votefinder to just reset all votes for the current day? :ohdear:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Supplemental watching: The episode this game is based on (more or less). It's a good one - and the first one that aired as part of the official series, so it's accessible even if you've never watched any BSG before!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8mi9_s1e1-bsg-33

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For further supplemental watching, here are Part 1 and Part 2 of the miniseries that kick BSG off - three hours in total, but a good watch.

Part 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kz2h4
Part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kz16q

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
how is 4 seasons short

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You have no idea how tempted I was to make deadlines shorter - thematically, they SHOULD be 33 minutes, buuuuut. That won't exactly work.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:
User        	Posts
Rarity          23
Asiina          15
Tommunist 	14
King Burgundy 	13
Podima    	11
Kashuno 	11
Captain Foo 	6
Samfucius 	4
PBS Newshour 	4
JakeP     	3
If you need a deadline extension let me know, I'm hoping to keep this game pretty fast-paced but realize that weekends can make that tricky.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

I think you mean mentally

t:mad:>

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Deadline will be pushed back by 4 hours to 9:30 PM EST. That's the only extension you get for this game day, given football/multiple non-US time zones at play!

This game is intentionally very anti-lurker and meant to be fast-paced, much like the episode it's based on. :)

pre:
User        	Posts
Rarity     	28
King Burgundy 	18
Asiina     	17
Tommunist 	16
Kashuno 	14
Captain Foo 	11
---LINE OF HATE---
Samfucius 	4
PBS Newshour 	4
JakeP     	3

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Day 1 Final Post Counts:

pre:
User        	Posts
Rarity      	37
Asiina     	26
Captain Foo 	26
Tommunist 	26
King Burgundy 	18
Kashuno 	15
Samfucius 	14
JakeP     	11
--- LINE OF HATE ---
PBS Newshour 	6
PBS Newshour will be HATED tomorrow and requires one fewer vote to lynch!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He's always sneaking off to take another drink every chance he gets, and everyone knows it. But could he be doing something more sinister when he disappears into his quarters?

Time is running out. For the good of humanity, sacrifices must be made. The Marines are summoned, and after a brief struggle, all that's left is the whooshing sound of a body tumbling out the airlock...

:rip: Tommunist, Saul Tigh, VANILLA HUMAN, has been airlocked! :rip:

Time's up. The Cylons are here. Maybe next time, things will be different?

"Execute Jump 238."

The fleet jumps away from their implacable pursuers again, and all is silent.

:siren: It is now Night 1! Please send in any night actions quickly. Thread will likely reopen tomorrow morning, EST. :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As the fleet completes their jump, everyone snatches a precious few moments for themselves - shaving, catnapping, remembering those who were lost when the Colonies burned.

A gruesome discovery, checking on a pilot late to the 238th briefing, confirms what you had all suspected - and feared. There's a new picture to add to the memorial wall.

:rip: Samfucius, Sharon "Boomer" Valerii, VANILLA HUMAN, has been murdered! :rip:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jump 238 complete. Start the clock.

:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

PBS Newshour (1): Anonymous

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Captain Foo, JakeP, Kashuno, King Burgundy, PBS Newshour, Rarity :ffg:

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 26th, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

here i described foo's posting using mouth sounds if you do not get my written explanation http://vocaroo.com/i/s1FmGWg7M45c <that is the sound foo's posts make in my head

Someone please transcribe this for the deaf mod, tia.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Has there always been an anonymous vote on Capps?

Yes. That's his Hated status.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not going to bother posting an updated postcount tracker because only King Burgundy is at any risk of being Hated, and only by two posts at that!

:bravo: Good work team!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He was a pillar of stability holding the ragged group of Viper pilots together, flying patrol after patrol. Stimulants were handed out, assignments were coordinated, and no matter what he just kept on keeping on. But everyone has a breaking point, and he finally reached his.

Even the Admiral's son can't be overlooked in times like these. After all, they look just like us. Another body tumbles out the airlock, and a rushed search of his quarters reveals an active tracking beacon - swiftly destroyed.

:rip: Rarity, Lee "Apollo" Adama, CYLON, has been airlocked! :rip:

And yet, still the Cylons come for you. He wasn't the only one.

Time's up. The Cylons are here. Maybe next time, things will be different?

"Execute Jump 239."

The fleet jumps away from their implacable pursuers again, and all is silent.

:siren: It is now Night 2! Please send in any night actions quickly. Thread will reopen ASAP. :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Forgot the final d2 votecount:

:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 2 :awesomelon:

Rarity (4): King Burgundy, Captain Foo, Kashuno, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Rarity
Captain Foo (1): PBS Newshour, Asiina, Rarity, Asiina, Asiina, Asiina, Rarity
PBS Newshour (1): Anonymous
JakeP (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
King Burgundy (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Kashuno (0): King Burgundy, Asiina, Asiina, King Burgundy

Not Voting (2): Asiina, JakeP :ffg:

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 26th, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As the fleet goes through the motions of finishing yet another jump, a mysterious explosion rocks the hangar bay!

Did the still go up? Were people drinking on the job? The mechanics' wild speculation abruptly stills when a body is dragged from the wreckage. This was no accident.

:rip: Captain Foo, "Chief" Galen Tyrol, HUMAN DOCTOR, has been murdered! :rip:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jump 238 complete. Start the clock.

:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 3 :awesomelon:

Not Voting (5): Asiina, JakeP, Kashuno, King Burgundy, PBS Newshour :ffg:

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 27th, 2016 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

winvirus is a monster

This is mod-confirmed.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Being the last career politician serving as the leader for humanity's remains does wear on you somewhat. But people have begun to wonder... The President has been acting strange lately. And where did Billy disappear to?

No time to think twice. One quick assault on Colonial One later, out the airlock she goes. But in searching her chambers, you find yet another tracking beacon!

:rip: Asiina, Laura Roslin, CYLON, has been airlocked! :rip:

The clock is ticking. It's almost time.

33:00
33:01
33:02
33:03
33:04
33:05...

They're not chasing you anymore. You're safe... for now.

"So what do you think? Pretty great first episode, huh?"

"Tepid. No suspense. Poor plotting. AND YOU JUST KILLED OFF FIVE MAIN CHARACTERS!"

:rip: Ronald D. Moore, Hack Producer, has been fired! :rip:

:siren: Game over! HUMAN VICTORY! :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is what happens when you hammer while I'm raiding! :argh:

Game Setup:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Matrix6
1d6 (123ABC) = 6
2 Mafia Goons
1 Town Doctor
1 Town Tracker
5 Vanilla Town
Historical 45.2% Town winrate :v:

For my first game I wanted something simple so I could learn the ropes without having to worry about too many power roles. Feedback 150% welcomed!

Mod Doc
Toaster Doc GRRRLZ ALLIANCE 3.0

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also Capps is a psychic.

PBS Newshour posted:

this seems more like board game where any one can be cylons

I own the BSG board game, and there are 10 characters in the base game. I drew them randomly to figure out who would be the Cylons and town power roles - with Helo being the odd guy out, which works well because he's stranded anyhow. :v:

PBS Newshour posted:

hmm this game does have a vibe going for it that i can def see asiina and rarity being scum togetehr and thinking woo we are going to win and then their hopes and dreams were crushed

:laffo:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think Rarity self-hammering unfortunately made a big difference - it seemed like it could have been turned around and a town power role lynched, which might have drawn the game out long enough for a scum win.

Also, what did people think of the anti-lurker measures? That's the bit I most want feedback on - it seems like it got people posting, but at the same time I worry that the mechanic could poorly interact with the game - especially in later game days.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Kashuno those 10 posts were better than all your poems.

Also this is totally wrong, Kashuno's poems were goddamn hilarious

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

I like the idea in theory, but more for the early game I think. Like it would have been silly if todays lynch was a mislynch before kash got 10 posts in, if it was a turbo based on a role claim, and then the scum would have been able to 1 vote him to win. Not sure if you would have done that or not.

I honestly didn't account for that. It may be something best used for the first 2 days of game and promptly dropped after that point. By then the field has been narrowed enough that people really shouldn't be lurking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Current proposed revision to the Anti-Lurking Rules:

• Anti-Lurking Rule: If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be HATED the next game day and require one less vote to lynch.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule, Part 2: If you are already HATED and do not make at least 10 posts the following game day, you will be MODKILLED.
  • The above rules will not take effect for a day if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline.

I'll also probably reserve the right to declare anti-lurking rules no longer in effect on day 3-4 of my next game depending on size and player participation. It's more meant to encourage people jumping in on d1/d2.

• Locked thread